Primary, Express & Team

Dec 17th 2012, 13:48:35

if so what are your thoughts on it?
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Makolyte Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 14:03:43

I want one for home defense. Ya never know when a paramilitary death squad is going to break in.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

trumper Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 14:08:32

Originally posted by Makolyte:
I want one for home defense. Ya never know when a paramilitary death squad is going to break in.

Sounds like you just want the new Windows 8 phone so you can quicklly dial and then wait for the police.

Drow Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 14:20:07

/facepalm. americans really don't learn do they?

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2012, 14:25:44

it has great killing power so you can keep barack's communism out of your home
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Makolyte Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 15:14:52

Originally posted by trumper:

Sounds like you just want the new Windows 8 phone so you can quicklly dial and then wait for the police.

You'd be suicidal to depend on a Windows 8 phone ;)
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Trife Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 15:51:36

Originally posted by Drow:

so all europeans are far right mass murdering militants, right? or incestuous sexual abusers who rape their daughters?

you know, since we're grouping everyone together and all.

facepalm.

Mr. Copper

Dec 17th 2012, 15:51:48

I forgot how low the violent crime rate is in other countries compared to ours...
Take Russia for example...

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2012, 15:57:38

Originally posted by Mr. Copper:

I forgot how low the violent crime rate is in other countries compared to ours...
hey! let's take two countries, two data points for each country and let's infer causality.

for instance:
the crime rate in South Africa is very high. the crime rate in Iceland is very low. the weather in South Africa is very warm. the weather in Iceland is very cold.

Coincidence? I think not!
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 15:58:37

anybody know where i can buy an eleven year old girl?

oh yea, not north america.

Mr. Copper

Dec 17th 2012, 15:59:44

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Originally posted by Mr. Copper:

hey! let's take two countries, two data points for each country and let's infer causality.

for instance:
the crime rate in South Africa is very high. the crime rate in Iceland is very low. the weather in South Africa is very warm. the weather in Iceland is very cold.

Coincidence? I think not!

For both of you. Here's 2 more. Especially for Drow:

http://www.captainsjournal.com/...sk-the-aussies-and-brits/

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 16:11:23

guns don't kill people, people kill people.

DonSean Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 16:36:35

Lol @ braden.

Btw, you are officially being monitored by the fbi now.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 17th 2012, 16:39:03

to be a complete ass I would say compare Canada vs the US and similar sized cities.

I would argue though that the issue in the US is cultural and fear driven rather than fire-arms regulation driven.

I agree with fire arms for hunting and I can understand where I need firearms because I'm scared of my neighbors comes from. However, I should point out that no automatic weapon is gonna protect you from the US army who would simply flatten you with a heavily armored tank or a patriot missile:P

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 16:42:36

i don't think they have jurisdiction in canada or over satire, so i think i'm safe.. i hope i'm safe :P

mrford Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 18:06:34

To answer the question and avoid all the political bullfluff, I used to own an SKS. It is an extremely reliable gun and the 7.62x39 ammo is reasonable priced and widely available thanks to the sister gun the AK-47. I believe that many of the foreigners in this thread are misinformed as the SKS is not an automatic weapon.

I sold my SKS and M4 and got a SOCOM 16. The M4 was just too loud and everyone and their momma has one. The SOCOM 16 is a beast of a gun firing that 7.62x51 and it has stupid stoping power. I really wanna get some night optics and a silencer and get paid to go boar hunting. Maybe next year.

Most of my guns are locked in a massive safe that is bolted to the foundation of my house and only I know the combination. My Glock 27, which I carry, is in a quick access safe in my bedroom and my 12 guage is in another quick access safe near the front door. It is possible to be a sane, responsible person with multiple firearms. I own them mostly for hobby purposes as they are fun to shoot, relaxing to clean, and the gun community has many people with similar interests as me. People who keep saying guns are only ment to kill are ignorant and clearly do not own a firearm. I have 2 young children and there is no way they could access my firearms unless my 4 year old learns how to use a plasma cutter or thermal lance.

This bullfluff about shootings reminds me of the Boy Scouts and molesting leaders. I was an Eagle Scout and in scouting for over 14 years. I was never molested or anything close. All it takes is a few perverted leaders to make all 50,000 leaders look bad. Should we shut scouting down? Or should we approach it differently? Now apply the same logic to the recent mass shootings.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 17th 2012, 18:10:43
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

brandon84 Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 18:31:13

I agree I own a few my self including the sks I got a sig sour 9 glock nine 357 a few shot guns but I want a mac 10 never fired one but I hear good things

brandon84 Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 18:32:25

as for cub scouts my son is in it so I made my gal be den leader lol =)

Schilling Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 20:18:59

Never owned, but fired a few. Well balanced, with good intermediate striking power...I'm not too sure about home defense use, but, hey...It's your house...

snawdog Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 20:34:04

I usually ask a question like,if they were killed with a ball bat should we quit making those?
Or if they were choked to death with Twinkies,should we quit making those as well?..er nvm.
ICQ 364553524
msn

trumper Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 21:33:10

In full disclosure, I should add I own a Glock19. I don't own firearms plural, but that's more because my discretionary income goes to other/bigger ticket items.

Evil people will do evil things. The tools they use range from vehicles to bombs to firearms, but the commonality is that the lack of one or of getting one onto something doesn't stop them from commiting the evil.

I don't doubt the government will take some action, but people who wish to rush to action also fail to distinguish between meaningful action and from emotive responses in legislative and regulatory bodies.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 17th 2012, 21:39:23

thank you fordy, I am going to get one at the next gun show as long as they are not over priced. Either that or get it from buds.

archaic Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 23:56:19

We Americans are just fluffing violent, no two ways about it. Just ask our indians, and Iraq, and most of latin America, and the slaves, and . . . well, you get the point. We use violence to solve problems that are not even problems.

Look at our sports, our video games, our music, movies. Even the Mongol hoards of Genghis Khan usually took the winters off. Not us, we'd launch a SAM missile at Santa Clause if he looked at us funny.

The most liberal human rights guy we've ever elected president uses the Navy Seals more often than a maid service and keeps a To Kill list on the refrigerator door.

Global domination rarely is achieved via flowers and a nice card.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 18th 2012, 0:37:40

that's because since WW2 the US is on a war footing.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

mrford Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 4:23:47

Your mom is on a war footing.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pain Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 5:05:31

SKS are turds, unless its 100 dollars dont waste your time. if you get one with a faulty firing pin (not uncommon) it can become a dangerous situation. if they are legal in your state get an AK47 for 3-400. that way you can bury it in your back yard and when you dig it back up it will still work like normal.
Your mother is a nice woman

Heston Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 5:48:52

Originally posted by Pain:
SKS are turds, unless its 100 dollars dont waste your time. if you get one with a faulty firing pin (not uncommon) it can become a dangerous situation. if they are legal in your state get an AK47 for 3-400. that way you can bury it in your back yard and when you dig it back up it will still work like normal.

The faulty firing pin sks is a model made in china, I believe. But is its isolated to a piticular country where its manufacrured. the stripper clips are gay and you will spend $ modifying it to recieve a fluffty 30 rd mag. If you keep the thing stock u have a tird with a marshmellow roaster attatchment.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Pain Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 6:09:19

the norincos (chinese) are actually really good but they all suffer from the condition though when they get worn out and/or clogged with cosmoline. slam firing (full auto) might sound fun but in practice it can get someone killed. honestly SKS's were cool when you could get them for $80. now that they went up in price they arent worth the money. most are 60+ years old at this point.

Bambam24 Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 6:33:52

haha @snawdog. They did quit making twinkies. One too many twinkie assaults :P

Trife Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 16:16:06

the norincos (chinese) are actually really good but they all suffer from the condition though when they get worn out and/or clogged with cosmoline. slam firing (full auto) might sound fun but in practice it can get someone killed. honestly SKS's were cool when you could get them for $80. now that they went up in price they arent worth the money. most are 60+ years old at this point.

if slam firing is the same thing as bump firing then yeah it's completely stupid and extremely dangerous

Pain Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 17:33:35

bump firing is not the same, youre in control of the gun while bump firing. slam firing is when you close the bolt with the firing pin jammed and it goes full auto until it runs out of ammo. usually when your closing the bolt you are not holding the gun with any control.

Trife Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 18:17:23

bump firing is not the same, youre in control of the gun while bump firing. slam firing is when you close the bolt with the firing pin jammed and it goes full auto until it runs out of ammo. usually when your closing the bolt you are not holding the gun with any control.

i learneded something todays!

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 23:34:40

Yes there are responsible gun owners, but if you have so many responsible gun owners, that means there are a lot of guns in your community. You think most criminals buy their guns legally? Nope. You think these kids that shoot their schoolmates buy them from the store? Nope. The guns are taken from parents, stolen from b&e's, or sold on the black market because there are so many.

And when one gun owner goes temporarily nuts because his wife cheats on him... What does that leave you with? A murder suicide maybe... Maybe?

My point is that less guns in the community means less gun violence and gun involved crime. It won't solve all your problems.

Edited By: Serpentor on Dec 18th 2012, 23:49:53
See Original Post
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 23:56:19

Not to mention gun owners have this need to feel like they are bad ass because they have a gun. Last thing you need is a bunch of losers thinking they are king fluff because they have a gun at home.

Another thing that bothers me:
Don't act like you're somehow tough because to have a gun locked in a cabinet that you aren't allowed to use to back up your tough guy words. A tough guy will punch you out before you can go home and unlock your gun and decide you can't use it without going to jail. Or you could just add to gun violence in your community that you say guns don't add to.
The EEVIL Empire

CKHustler

Dec 19th 2012, 0:49:26

Serpentor, nobody has said more guns = less gun violence. However more guns = less violence. You can subset the violence if you choose, however in places where gun laws have become more strict, murder rates and general violent crimes have gone up. Are you willing to have more overall deaths and violence just to have fewer gun related deaths and violence?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2012, 1:46:12

That depends on who the manufacturer is. I prefer the original Norinco version. It's closer to the original Kalishnikov design than the East German knockoffs. Plus it fits the AK magazines without any difficulty.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2012, 1:47:06

Oh, for the record. I gave mine to Cougar.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mother Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 3:56:26

no one has mentioned that this caliber will easily over penetrate most walls. For inhome defense you don't want something that can go thru multiple walls.

TitaN X Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 4:52:12

I love my SKS! Accurate (for me) to 200yds with stock sights. from what i understand, can be made full auto if you know what you are doing.

Supertodd Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 7:00:57

Originally posted by Serpentor:

My point is that less guns in the community means less gun violence and gun involved crime. It won't solve all your problems.

This statement is only true if you remove all guns from society, not just some. When you pass laws against private gun ownership, law abiding citizens will not have them. Those who couldn't care less about the law, will have them.

I invite you to take a look at this chart. It is not from some pro-gun propaganda group, it is from the US census bureau: http://www.census.gov/...b/2012/tables/12s0308.pdf

DC has - if I'm not mistaken - the strictest gun laws in the nation. DC also has, by a HUGE margin, the highest violent crime rate in the US (as of the 2010 census). And by a huge margin, I mean the violent crime rate there was more than triple the national average in 2009. Oh, and a murder rate nearly 5 times the national average.

Of course, I could be wrong there. The winner of highest violent crime rate could possibly be Illinois, another state with very restrictive gun laws, which apparently doesn't report the figures to the census bureau that the rest of the states do.

Arizona: Least restrictive gun laws in the US, violent and property crime rates below the national average.

Texas: Famous for a high number of guns per citizen: Slightly above the national average for violent crime rates. 22% above the national average for property crime rates.

Now, do any of those numbers prove a correlation - either way - between gun availability and crime rates? I don't think so. Especially when you look at another anti-gun state, New York, which has violent crime rates even lower than Arizona. What they do show, IMO, is that your assertion that "less guns = less gun crime" is simply not true.

"No guns = less gun crime" would be true, but our government has an abolutely pathetic record on banning things (alcohol prohibition, illegal drugs... we're just not good at keeping banned stuff out if people want the stuff)

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 7:18:36

Supertodd, your numbers are for states within US. Can you produce the same type of supporting numbers for countries (outside US)? Correlate the gun laws for countries versus their gun-involved crime rate against that of US as a whole.

Supertodd Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 7:27:31

And then there's this:

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Not to mention gun owners have this need to feel like they are bad ass because they have a gun. Last thing you need is a bunch of losers thinking they are king fluff because they have a gun at home.

Another thing that bothers me:
Don't act like you're somehow tough because to have a gun locked in a cabinet that you aren't allowed to use to back up your tough guy words. A tough guy will punch you out before you can go home and unlock your gun and decide you can't use it without going to jail. Or you could just add to gun violence in your community that you say guns don't add to.

Where do you get the idea that all gun owners have some kind of bad-ass-complex? Most of the gun owners I know don't brag about what they own, I've never heard any of them threaten to use their guns for any kind of violence. There are a myriad of reasons for gun ownership, and in my experience, people who own them just because they want to feel like a "bad ass" are in the extreme minority.

Me personally, I own:
A 12 gauge because I like to hunt birds to put food on the table
A muzzle loading rifle for deer and elk hunting - again, food.
A small caliber rifle for target practice (cheap ammo)

I also own a fishing pole, again for putting food on the table. Although, from my success rates, if you asked my wife why I have any of the above items, she'd probably suggest that I own them to get out of yard work.

I've never jumped through the minor hoops my state requires to get a concealed carry permit so that I can have a pistol, mainly because I've really never felt the need for one. I've also never owned an "assault rifle". However, I can tell you that hearing the rhetoric coming out of DC and elsewhere over the last week, I'm thinking very seriously of getting my concealed carry permit before they make it more difficult/impossible. I was thinking of getting a pistol for my hiking/hunting/camping trips anyway, but all the anti-gun hysteria may finally be the catalyst I need to stop procrastinating.

Supertodd Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 7:40:41

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Supertodd, your numbers are for states within US. Can you produce the same type of supporting numbers for countries (outside US)? Correlate the gun laws for countries versus their gun-involved crime rate against that of US as a whole.

Xinhuan, I'm sure I could if I wanted to put enough time into it. This one was easy to find.. All one reliable source (US census).

I've started trying to look up country by country comparisons before, but decided it wasn't really worth my time for a couple reasons:

1 - Almost all the sites I could find seemed to be trying to prove either an anti-gun or pro-gun point, and seemed - to me at least - to be manipulating the numbers to suit their desires, and...

2 - As others have mentioned already, there are so many other factors that influence crime rates, that I just don't know if you could ever prove anything, one way or the other. Japan has strict gun laws and low crime rates, Rwanda had strict gun laws and absolute horror. One study will show Australia's crime rates increased after the government gun buyback, another will seem to show exactly the opposite.

For me, as I've mentioned in the other threads about this recently, it comes down to privately held guns being the last defense against tyranny. I know that sounds crazy to a lot of people, but I don't care. History has shown a repeating cycle of governments becoming tyrannical, and a significant number of those have disarmed the general public first (even before guns existed)

[Afterthought Edit]: I see you used the term "supporting numbers". However, I don't believe the census numbers I linked to support any conclusion at all. If anything, they seem to suggest that there is no correlation - either positive or negative - between firearm availability and crime rates.

Edited By: Supertodd on Dec 20th 2012, 7:56:26. Reason: One More Thing
See Original Post

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 20th 2012, 8:08:38

on a side note, I have decided against a SKS as its a 60 year old gun for a little more money I can just build a AR15. Thank you to all of you that have answered my question. =]

locket Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 8:33:22

[quote poster=Supertodd; 21948; 405927]
Originally posted by Xinhuan:

Xinhuan, I'm sure I could if I wanted to put enough time into it. This one was easy to find.. All one reliable source (US census).

I've started trying to look up country by country comparisons before, but decided it wasn't really worth my time for a couple reasons:

1 - Almost all the sites I could find seemed to be trying to prove either an anti-gun or pro-gun point, and seemed - to me at least - to be manipulating the numbers to suit their desires, and...

2 - As others have mentioned already, there are so many other factors that influence crime rates, that I just don't know if you could ever prove anything, one way or the other. Japan has strict gun laws and low crime rates, Rwanda had strict gun laws and absolute horror. One study will show Australia's crime rates increased after the government gun buyback, another will seem to show exactly the opposite.

For me, as I've mentioned in the other threads about this recently, it comes down to privately held guns being the last defense against tyranny. I know that sounds crazy to a lot of people, but I don't care. History has shown a repeating cycle of governments becoming tyrannical, and a significant number of those have disarmed the general public first (even before guns existed)

[Afterthought Edit]: I see you used the term "supporting numbers". However, I don't believe the census numbers I linked to support any conclusion at all. If anything, they seem to suggest that there is no correlation - either positive or negative - between firearm availability and crime rates.
[/quote]
Do you think that other countries with more tight gun laws are simply trying to become a new tyranny?

Supertodd Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 8:41:39

No, locket. Where did you see me say that?

For a person or group who wishes to impose tyranny on the public, it only makes logical sense to disarm the public first. That does not mean that everyone who seeks tighter gun laws WANTS tyranny. They may - in fact most probably do - have good intentions.

Good intentions however - especially when gigantic bureaucracies are involved - often have unintended consequences.

One more example: I don't think you want tyranny.. I think you just haven't put enough thought into these issues to truly understand the concepts we're discussing here. I believe that's why you come in to these threads with one-line slams about the sanity of those you disagree with, and then refuse to defend your statements.

Kinnin Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 3:46:44

Get a shotgun.

My thoughts on the SKS are the same as Pain's. They're known to slamfire, which is highly dangerous.