Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 9:44:50

Apparently, helping an ally out in a battle is frowned upon in this establishment.

I suppose that at some point I'm gonna get deleted since I don't leave my allies behind in a battle. It someone attacks them, I'm gonna hurt 'em it's in my nature and the way I play this "WAR" game.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 14:01:55

This isn't a clan server so yeah you probably will.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 14:39:39

Also, see blid's earlier comment on your so called "war machine". LMFAO!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 16:05:26

I thought I had the WAR MACHINE. Although I have no time for alliance server kill runs anymore. Maybe I should rename it the "EEVIL FLOWER PLUCKER" or something. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 20:26:08

Originally posted by crest23:
Also, see blid's earlier comment on your so called "war machine". LMFAO!

Any time you want to try me out Toothpaste, you just bring it and I'll squeeze your tube out. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

LATC Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 20:34:22

I think allies should be able to help provided they coordinate it all in game. Back in Earth2025 days that's how I got to know ppl and eventually join alliance server. It's not 'teamplay' IMO when you ask an ally for help..
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Denning Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 20:40:41

I think its finding a balance between organising hits or a kill and hitting someone because they are hitting your ally and losing you turrets.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 20:54:48

Allies should not be allowed to coordinate anything. The only help allies should be giving on a solo server is clearly spelled out. Anything extra, they should be deleted. If you want to build a war machine and all that excites you, go play untagged on the alliance server, you will have your fill on the action that you seek.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:03:22

Yes ^ untagged in alliance is mighty fun!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:07:24

If you want to use a war machine play tourney. :P
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:09:21

Originally posted by blid:
If you want to use a war machine play tourney game C. :P

Fixed.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

The Cloaked Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:13:11

I don't get this. I understand this is a solo server, but if you wanna make it truly solo, then get rid of allies entirely.

As long as there are allies in this game then the rules need to be in writing, or else they need not exist.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:17:24

Maybe they should just change the wording of the name from ALLY, will that help?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

theannonymousone Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:26:18

Maybe they should just change the wording of the name from ALLY, will that help?

It'll help if they change the name of the server from primary to 'netting only', taking out attacking, spy ops, allies, and the ability to message other ppl.

If someone is 4x my size or my allies size I see nothing illegal about asking for help. It's a game that contains military to hit other ppl and social interactions (being able to msg ppl, havinig allies, etc) - it's only natural to be able to combine the two no?

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:33:03

The only help allies should be giving on a solo server is clearly spelled out.

I can't find it.
Maybe it's just me..?
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 21:43:04

Defensive
A defensive alliance builds a solid foundation to protect each of the partners. Any time you are attacked, 25% of of your allies' forces will come to assist in your defense. However, Your total battle strength cannot be more than doubled through allies, so having allies at your strength is most beneficial in the long run. Being a member of a Defensive Alliance consumes 0.2% of your networth each turn.

Offensive
The opposite of the defensive alliance, an Offensive Alliance will automatically bring in 25% of your allies' available army during your attacks (if available). This type of alliance also requires 0.2% of your networth to maintain. Once again, your total strength cannot be increased by more than 100%, so having allies at your strength is most beneficial in the long run.

Intelligence
An intelligence alliance brings together the strength of each member's intelligence agencies in both engaging in and protecting from spy operations. This alliance consumes 0.15% of your networth to maintain.

Technology
This alliance is beneficial to technology-intensive countries. Each time one member engages in technological research, others will acquire 10% of this knowledge. This alliance also requires 0.15% of your networth in support costs. Note that the amount of technology you receive is also dependent upon your own tech levels. A lack of technology on your part will limit your gains from an alliance.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:05:50

Thanks blid, is that spelled out clearly enough for you?

Originally posted by theannonymousone:

It'll help if they change the name of the server from primary to 'netting only', taking out attacking, spy ops, allies, and the ability to message other ppl.

If someone is 4x my size or my allies size I see nothing illegal about asking for help. It's a game that contains military to hit other ppl and social interactions (being able to msg ppl, havinig allies, etc) - it's only natural to be able to combine the two no?

And pretty soon Primary will become Alliance 2.0 with people calling in family and friends, neighbors and even neighbors pets.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:27:14

It's not.

It's obviously a grey area. There is a rule that no clans are allowed, but does that mean allies can't help each other?

I'd prefer it if allies didn't help each other to coordinate kill runs and such. But it's not clearly defined in the rules.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:32:48

"Players are not allowed to coordinate attacks"

If they'd just put that line into the server details there'd be no discussion.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:43:37

Originally posted by Magellaan:
"Players are not allowed to coordinate attacks"

If they'd just put that line into the server details there'd be no discussion.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...&z=rule-clarification
(•_•)

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:52:05

yea, its there lol. And I like it.

But its an odd place to post rules really. Not every player reads the forums.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

The Cloaked Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:54:41

Well, by that measure sharing ops and joint kill runs are the only things banned. If I had an ally who was being farmed and I decided to farm the farmer then by that measure I should be totally fine.

Sounds fair to me.

Though truth be told, this server is suprisingly civilized. I can't really tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 23:02:02

Its a good server :D
(•_•)

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 23:17:08

I like how everyone in this game has the skills to just about farm anyone at will.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

The Cloaked Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 23:24:49

Well one big surprising similarity between now and 10 years ago when there were 10k+ people playing 1b is that I find the skill level of the top 50 or so is fairly similar. Just with everything being more civilized there's way less chance involved.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 23:26:16

Less players, less crazies.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

LATC Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 23:39:58

Yeah I like primary a lot more than alliance, there's a lot less restrictions and unwritten 'policies' made up by ppl. I also like the GDI rules now compared to Earth2025 - it helps prevent random suiciders but allows someone to clobber you if you are overly aggressive.

I'm not for coordinated kill runs in terms of setting a time and then having ppl kill at that time, but I think ppeople should be allowed to ask for help from allies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't people been deleted for that recently though (being deleted for helping an ally AB/BR/Missile a guy even though the hits were spaced out)?

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 3rd 2012, 0:23:13

I take it to mean that you cant coordinate your harmful attacks in an effort to destroy or severely weaken an opponent. If your stepping in to help your ally GS/BR/AB or spy attack and the country has done nothing to you prior, its playing as a team.

What i am fuzzy on is, say this guy hits both you and your ally. Can you plan your own attacks against him, which happen along with your allies in the same day, or do you have to wait until your ally is finished for a day or two before starting your own?

He might not even be your ally. Say your looking at the news and you notice some random guy you have no affiliation with is pounding the same guy you had planned to try and kill. Can you still send your own attacks, or do you have to wait for him to be done for it not to be considered a coordinated kill run?

Or, if your defensive ally gets hit by someone who also hit you earlier. Can you send your defensive ally an offensive alliance to help him retal the guy back?

I agree, its kind of a grey area, so that is why I am asking for some clarification.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

blid

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2012, 0:27:58

If the guy hits both you and someone else, you can both attack him, but don't coordinate attacks obviously. You might think coordination in that case would be okay because both players have legit personal reasons to want to hurt the guy but I think some people got deleted for that.

AmosMoses Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 15:34:33

How do you know if they're allies or multis. Earlier this set I grabbed a guy for a measly 120 acres or so. In no time flat, the country # right ahead of him launched 3 missiles at me. WT#? I got the last laugh though as I'm now about 4 times their size.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 16:20:37

Take Virgin (199) and robin (268), I'm willing to bet that they are multies. Robin has been supplying virgin with tech forever and even though has stopped grabbing almost 2 weeks ago, is still giving virgin free jets. There's only 2 people that do that set after set. The general consensus is that they are 2 different people, but I have always doubted it. No one is that dedicated to set after set suck on another man's sweaty balls. It has to be one person playing 2 accounts. Just hasn't been caught yet, after all, galleri is the mod here.

Edited By: crest23 on Dec 11th 2012, 16:25:43
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2012, 16:21:53

#268 did top feed the top contender early on. That's familiar

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 16:26:49

Originally posted by AmosMoses:
How do you know if they're allies or multis. Earlier this set I grabbed a guy for a measly 120 acres or so. In no time flat, the country # right ahead of him launched 3 missiles at me. WT#? I got the last laugh though as I'm now about 4 times their size.

If you join GDI and only do one land grab per country then you don't have to worry about missiles or a lot of the other more harmful attacks. Must join GDI before making any attacks though.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Rob Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 17:46:43

Take Virgin (199) and robin (268), I'm willing to bet that they are multies. Robin has been supplying virgin with tech forever and even though has stopped grabbing almost 2 weeks ago, is still giving virgin free jets. There's only 2 people that do that set after set. The general consensus is that they are 2 different people, but I have always doubted it. No one is that dedicated to set after set suck on another man's sweaty balls. It has to be one person playing 2 accounts. Just hasn't been caught yet, after all, galleri is the mod here.

Not again.

Rob Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 17:47:24

Free tech and jets is too much of an advantage. Huge.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 18:04:37

Yes again Rob, yes again. The OA and the tech leeching is bad, but just imagine the other transfers that he is doing. The hit on SV for example. He's playing a demo. He has done this multiple times with other govt types but now a demo. you have to imagine he spent time planning what he was going to do. Oil, food, etc. Imagine the destock time.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

AmosMoses Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 18:21:15

Thanks for the info on GDI. I used to play this back in the day but I've never joined it.
With my strat I never look the juicy target and I've never been convinced of it's use-fullness vs. cost. Maybe with this newer 'Earth' I'll have to revisit that option.

kmang Game profile

Dec 12th 2012, 1:30:49

2012-12-11 22:40:07 PS Communalism (#14) Virgin (#199) 6580A (9710A)

#14 has decided to punish #199?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 12th 2012, 1:53:33

Originally posted by kmang:

I call that a good land grab if you ask me.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 12th 2012, 2:06:24

Nice indeed.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Dec 12th 2012, 2:10:46

Originally posted by kmang:

Yep.

herbs12 Game profile

Dec 12th 2012, 2:19:56

Lol not even a landgrab just equalling out the game for everyone. That will take away the advantage of free O leech and free tech. So right were he is at now he should be at if he wasn't benefiting so heavily from free fluff all set.

LATC Game profile

Dec 12th 2012, 2:38:14

ugh dang it I just accepted to be his D ally HOURS before the hit =(