Verified:

Darakna Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 7:25:22

Hey

I only came back to Earth FFA last set (Earth in general actually), so this while self farming is rather new with all the ghost acres...

So, how does it work exactly? Do you just trade hits between all 16 countries?

Just curious

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2012, 7:39:51

Join one of the netting tags, they'll guide you, buddy :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 11:05:01

rank the countries 1-4 based on landsize. Country 1 (largest) grabs 2, then builds the land. Then country 3 grabs country 1 and builds the land. Then country 4 grabs country 3 and builds the land. Lastly, country 2 then logs in and grabs country 4. By always grabbing first with the largest country, this helps keep all 4 countries in the ring pretty close to each other in landsize.

player needs make sure to not do more than 3 grabs per 24 hours, which early on means player has to watch DR, and helps player focus on boosting my bpt up a lot early on. Once player is bigger its not really an issue having to worry about doing more than 3 grabs in a day.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Darakna Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 11:37:56

Originally posted by Marshal:
rank the countries 1-4 based on landsize. Country 1 (largest) grabs 2, then builds the land. Then country 3 grabs country 1 and builds the land. Then country 4 grabs country 3 and builds the land. Lastly, country 2 then logs in and grabs country 4. By always grabbing first with the largest country, this helps keep all 4 countries in the ring pretty close to each other in landsize.

player needs make sure to not do more than 3 grabs per 24 hours, which early on means player has to watch DR, and helps player focus on boosting my bpt up a lot early on. Once player is bigger its not really an issue having to worry about doing more than 3 grabs in a day.

Ah right, that makes sense. Cheers mate

pollex

Dec 6th 2012, 12:25:39

only problem with the largest country theory. DR lasts all set bro. So you cannot continue to have country 1 grab country 2. They can grab about 3 times (you can get away with 2more later in set if need be) to that country. Still plenty of combinations among all your 16 countries, but very tedious
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

Darakna Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 14:22:48

yeah, eh all x sounds better haha

Tin Man

Dec 6th 2012, 18:22:34

I do 1 hits 2, 2 hits 1, 1 hits 2, 2 hits 1, 1 hits 2, 2 hits 1... BUILD

3 hits 4, 4 hits 3, 3 hits 4, 4 hits 3, 3 hits 4, 4 hits 3... BUILD

and so on and so forth.

Eventually you will get to 1 hits 16, 16 hits 1 etc...

Marshal Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 20:29:30

yea guide i posted was made before c:c dr but basics are pretty much same, just a little more variation.

Twain Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 18:35:22

Darakna: All-explore is certainly easier, but you likely won't be able to compete for top positions on an all-explore country.

As others have said, you can just join one of the top netting clans and I'm sure they'll have resources on their site to help you further. I know we've got all sorts of information on PANLV's website that would guide you.

My guess is TKO, ESD and KSM probably all do too (they're the other main netgaining clans), and other clans might have information too.

If you do want further help though, we'd be happy to help you in PANLV.

eepandora.com

Bigwiggle Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 18:43:00

Good plug Twain.

Darakna, do what tin man said to start. 3-4 hits between paired off countries, then build up everything that was generated. The next time you land trade, you'll have to make new pairings and do 3-4 more hits, then build.

The new DR rule makes ghost acre diminishing returns permanent, so the same country pair won't want to hit each other more than ~4 times a set.

And remember you will steal some buildings, so try to land trade with countries that are the same strat
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

QM Diver Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 14:52:36

Self farming has always had a flaw. I'm not exactly sure what it is, other than the fact that you attack yourself.Generally speaking, here's something that just isn't cool about that.

Who knows? This IS a war game. In a war game, people shouldn't be killing themselves! They should be killing each other. So, if you wanna go off killing yourself, that's one thing. Lots do it. But maybe that puts a suicidal thoughts in the back of your mind...

Maybe... That is why there's many fewer people playing this game. They went off, KILLING themselves!!

That is all.

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Marshal Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 20:24:15

there were landfarms in mehul's ffa too but those weren't in same tag as those who farmed farms.

Twain Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 20:46:03

QM: When you stonewall, if the other side is killing slowly, isn't it beneficial to let them waste as many resources as possible and take extra hits only to stop them at the end?

That's letting many of your civilians die for strategic reasons.

There are a lot of things about this game that don't apply to real world situations, like when you attack a country and take land, random land just appears out of nowhere?

I've stated this about 1,000,000,000 times (no hyperbole here): If you want to try to get land-trading/self-farming shut down, petition the admins to take ghost acres away.

And while I still enjoy playing, if you want to know why the game has fewer people playing, it's because it's a text-based internet game that's competing with things like Farmville, Gardens of Time, Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja.

Dragon Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 21:03:27

Originally posted by Twain:
QM: When you stonewall, if the other side is killing slowly, isn't it beneficial to let them waste as many resources as possible and take extra hits only to stop them at the end?

That's letting many of your civilians die for strategic reasons.

There are a lot of things about this game that don't apply to real world situations, like when you attack a country and take land, random land just appears out of nowhere?

I've stated this about 1,000,000,000 times (no hyperbole here): If you want to try to get land-trading/self-farming shut down, petition the admins to take ghost acres away.

And while I still enjoy playing, if you want to know why the game has fewer people playing, it's because it's a text-based internet game that's competing with things like Farmville, Gardens of Time, Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja.

You know, if there were 5 times the countries on the server than there are now, maybe Ghost Acres could be eliminated.

As things stand, there could be almost no pacts between clans and one of three things would happen.... Constant wars,static land trading between attackers/defenders, or All-Ex boredom from Hell.

When FFA was created, I think the idea was to have a huge country base so that there was some kid of balance between et gaining and warring.

The only way to do that is to have an available pool of land for players to be able to take and defend short of a debilitating war.

AT one point, there were 40,000 countries on the FFA server. Which included hand run multis and bots. Pretty easy to get land in those days.

The dynamic has changed. If it's best for the game to eliminate self-farming, then do it. Myself, I'd either be back to All-Ex or just quitting because FFA would just become another version of Alliance where the very small percentage of available land would be non-pacted and the pacted clans would be farming them o death.

I think that's what opponents to self farming don't get. There is really no difference between self farming or farming small clans and untagged countries.

Well there IS a difference. Small tags or untagged players will just quit playing if they're hit too much.

I think this game can stand the test of time, but more people need to know about it and we all need to be better Ambassadors.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 21:09:48

i think dragon means 5 times more players since 5 times more countries with current playerbase would mean self farmers paradise.

Twain Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 22:52:02

I think it would only cause such problems BECAUSE we're used to this climate.

I remember a time when I won top 25 in FFA with a country that had about 8k acres and about 27M networth back in the old FFA.

And I regularly had top 100 countries with networths that in the standards of the current game would be super skinny land wise and pretty pathetic networth wise (at least for a netting country at set's end).

I think it would take awhile for people to re-establish what they could expect without war. How much land can you get away with having? How much defense do you need in order to actually defend yourself? What networth could you reasonably expect if 20k acres is a fat country instead of 100k or 1M acres?

I'm not actually advocating for the removal of ghost acres, but I think:
1) It's the reasonable way to get rid of land-trading without screwing up too many other mechanics of the game, and
2) The netters would get used to it after a set or two (that first set would be a fluff though).

But I don't mind land-trading, so this is far from a personal preference.

Dragon Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 22:55:57

Originally posted by Marshal:
i think dragon means 5 times more players since 5 times more countries with current playerbase would mean self farmers paradise.

What I meant is that I think Marshal is an idiot. I need to be more clear, I guess. Why you always feel the need to be a fluff?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2012, 4:38:29

I'm with QM Diver on this. This is a war game and as such, you should be attacking other's not yourself. If you're that afraid of a retal, perhaps you need to find a game like chutes and ladders, or candlyland to play.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 10th 2012, 5:33:33

Same fluff, different reset it seems
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Marshal Game profile

Dec 10th 2012, 11:02:26

hey its every1s favorite topic so it must be discussed every set at least ~2 weeks. :P