Verified:

Trife Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 22:33:57

What plans/changes/developments have you guys been working on?

Dunno why the other thread asking this was deleted, shirley us members can ask if there are ideas on the table

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 20th 2012, 22:54:24

3 quick things:

1) That thread was deleted because it was a thread about a deleted thread made by a troll who no longer plays. it's not worth discussing things on it.
2) Folks like you, Shirley, should know that we typically discuss such items on the B&S board when they are ready for discussion. Such as the new forum templates design thread back in the summer that you didn't even bother posting on. I can't think of others off the top of my head. http://forums.earthempires.com/...;z=forum-redesign-mockups
3) 90% of the work I have planned for myself (and hopefully others!) doesn't touch game code; it's just redoing the design and user experience, which has been very lacking. That's more design + content creation -- areas that have not gotten much attention so far. If I start talking about that, I'll have to start soliciting ppl to do content stuff and I'm not ready for that yet.

I don't want to go on a trip to emo town, but qz and I also have jobs (new and/or improved jobs :p) that are currently taking up our 9-5 time and then some. Slag is still so busy at work he's never here. Zarc seems swamped whenever I talk to him. We're not making the kind of progress we used to see when qz+slag+me were all in some combination of school and/or looking for work and lots was getting done.

I'll keep playing the big jackpots and if I win the lottery I'll spend lots of time/money on EE again :)

Edited By: Pang on Nov 20th 2012, 22:57:37
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 23:09:10

Originally posted by Pang:

2) Folks like you, Shirley, should know that we typically discuss such items on the B&S board when they are ready for discussion.

Don't call him Shirley
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Warner

Nov 21st 2012, 1:26:48

Put the game on facebook!!

:P
SoF

iNouda Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 1:28:55

Facebook integration would take a lot of work and time which the admins don't seem to have. Unless someone wants to step up and help with that? This is all volunteer work after all. Joo game is free.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 21st 2012, 4:56:20

3 quick things:

1) That thread was deleted because it was a thread about a deleted thread made by a troll who no longer plays. it's not worth discussing things on it.
2) Folks like you, Shirley, should know that we typically discuss such items on the B&S board when they are ready for discussion. Such as the new forum templates design thread back in the summer that you didn't even bother posting on. I can't think of others off the top of my head. http://forums.earthempires.com/...;z=forum-redesign-mockups
3) 90% of the work I have planned for myself (and hopefully others!) doesn't touch game code; it's just redoing the design and user experience, which has been very lacking. That's more design + content creation -- areas that have not gotten much attention so far. If I start talking about that, I'll have to start soliciting ppl to do content stuff and I'm not ready for that yet.

I don't want to go on a trip to emo town, but qz and I also have jobs (new and/or improved jobs :p) that are currently taking up our 9-5 time and then some. Slag is still so busy at work he's never here. Zarc seems swamped whenever I talk to him. We're not making the kind of progress we used to see when qz+slag+me were all in some combination of school and/or looking for work and lots was getting done.

I'll keep playing the big jackpots and if I win the lottery I'll spend lots of time/money on EE again :)

This wins. ^^^^
Some people forget that you all do this for free and nextly think you have all the time in world.
For the unappreciated demanding players, qzjul/pang/zarcon/slagpit could always just shut the doors and never deal with you all again. ;) Or you could have patience and be happy they even started up ee to continue after earth2025.
<3 end my rant!

Edited By: galleri on Nov 22nd 2012, 6:34:49
See Original Post

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Trife Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 14:58:42

so a forum redesign?

word thanks for the answer

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 21st 2012, 15:06:21

thanks trife, your lackluster support and fluffty attitude really helps push us to get more done!

thanks for being a voice of discontent! we couldn't do this without people like you.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Trife Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 15:47:44

sorry for saying thanks, i guess?

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 15:54:17

Originally posted by galleri:

Or you could have Patience and be happy

that's all i took away from your post.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2012, 16:51:45

Trife why do you have to be a fluff? I don't believe you're as dumb as you put off. You know what you're doing.

Ruthie

Nov 21st 2012, 17:39:23

thanks trife, your lackluster support and fluffty attitude really helps push us to get more done!

thanks for being a voice of discontent! we couldn't do this without people like you.

WTF Trife, how dare you thank Pang and get him all pissed off .... again!!

Sheesh, some people just dont know they should be fluffing instead of thanking!

smh

;)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Trife Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 17:44:02

Originally posted by Requiem:
Trife why do you have to be a fluff? I don't believe you're as dumb as you put off. You know what you're doing.

many many people can attest to my level of dumb. they'll tell you that the dumb is genuine.

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 18:03:12

PRAISE ALLAH!
+Kya

locket Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 18:15:55

I took that as sarcasm/joke Trife :P Perhaps not though lol

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2012, 18:36:52

Be it as it may.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 21st 2012, 19:31:00

If Trife didnt post many dumb things, then his thankful posts would be taken seriously.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 21st 2012, 21:17:35

nah it's not about whether or not he's an idiot. based on trife's post from that other thread that got deleted, there's no question that he's just doing this to be a pest.

i've also been doing this long enough now to know who is actually thanking us and who is being facetious about our efforts.

it's pretty easy; the ones who are actually thankful don't call us out in AT threads.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2012, 21:47:12

The design looks great.
Don of LaF

Trife Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 22:47:39

I'm just fed up with the game being 99.997% the same as it was 2+++ years ago.

I'm also fed up with the alliance relations/politics in this game as well. We once used to fight wars for actual reasons, and now it's just bullfluff. Sure, with things being stagnant the last few years, I asked myself 'why only now are you fed up to the point of quitting'. I'm not sure exactly, but i've reached the saturation point where the game isn't fun at all.

You guys enjoy the game, if i ever decide to return, i can rest assured it'll be exactly how I left it, other than a prettier forum! =)

i've donated to this game in the past, the majority of users here can't say the same thing. i used to support the game but i've lost faith in the game/community/those in charge.

take care, it once was fun. :)

-trife

p.s. suck it republicans. ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2012, 23:30:16

Just because you've donated before doesn't make you a super user. Dont be a jerk.

locket Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 23:33:36

The game is not their job Trife. I have heard about plenty of small changes to the game which could be put in place. A lot of it depends on time available though and other such things. Also, a complete overhaul of the game might not be a good idea because if you stray too far from what made it successful you may hurt the game instead. It isn't easy for a 2? person team to do frequent changes :P

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 23:38:04

What needs to be changed? I don't think I have any complaints since I re-found the game a few months ago.

All the things that drove me away from the game in '02 are gone.

iTarl Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 2:54:25

I hope you win the lottery, good luck! (whens the next drawing)

Trife Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 3:01:05

saying that i've lost faith in those in charge is not really correct. pang's never done anything to cause us to not trust him in his leadership/decisions regarding the game. i can't fault him for not having enough real life time to put into the game, because as he stated, he's running/manintaining the game on his free time on top of a real life job. i wouldn't be able to do that, not by a long shot. pang and co have done more for this game in the last few years than mehul really ever did in the history of e2025.

i guess i should restate it like this: the game wasn't able to change enough/keep things interesting with small tweaks to account for decreasing amount of fun i was having playing it. thinking back, i don't think the main reason was because of the slow evolution of the game, but rather the community and politics involved with the game. just over time, playing has just become unfun for me. while i might not think playing is fun right now, as long as you guys are having fun - keep on keepin' on! in whatever hobbies you do, games you play - you've got to have fun/enjoy doing them. i am just at a point where i wasn't.

it was wrong to point blame at pang and co because they're doing the best they can, and earth has never been known for real radical changes - so i guess the problems i had with this game were more on my end of things and not the games'. i do apologize for that, pang.

cheers,

trife

Magellaan Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 3:08:54

I'm having a lot of fun playing primary besides alliance. No politics there really. Although there are some people who work together.

Not MD, fake Magellaan.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 22nd 2012, 5:26:05

Originally posted by Trife:
I'm just fed up with the game being 99.997% the same as it was 2+++ years ago.

The METHOD in which the players and leaders play this game has been stagnant long before EE existed. The game is lacking unpredictability, which RD and co provided before Jolt promptly shut them down. They actually added a level of uncertainty and were free to flip things upside down to force alliances to create new relations. They also created a strong hatred and sense of playing the game to beat the odds to kill them or outsmart or out net them. Another slightly legit alliance, IX, did the same. They flipped sides often, changing the leverage of power of either side. When they broke up, IMO, is the last Earth saw of unpredictability. Now a days, many more alliances need to switch sides(or stop having the Switzerland mind approach) to create this past effect. Only alliance left that comes to mind that does this currently is IMAG. I used to hate them, but over the couple of years they have grown on me for being as they are in this current game. They do not rely on bigger alliances, and do not fear doing as they please. I really wish they had more members than what they have. The sad thing is, that neither SOF or LAF are willing to flip, or "betray" or step on each other. What I have seen is that many more people just want to net, and not interact with other countries because of the lack of NEW reasons to kill clans. This is just my opinions, and what i listed were my past reasons of playing earth before feeling obligated to continue playing to keep my alliance alive even when this game stopped being fun long before EE existed.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

bertz Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 5:55:43

Last time I checked, few leaders were trying to iron out differences for the sake of not being "kill joy" to other players.
Some players are just playing dumb to understand that.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 22nd 2012, 6:35:27

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
Originally posted by galleri:

Or you could have Patience and be happy

that's all i took away from your post.

I didn't capitalize the letter P!!!!

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2012, 7:30:46

galleri, I often have the same problem...

people are just stupid I guess...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 22nd 2012, 9:08:07

no no no....
he is actually smart. I see what he did there. I am sure many others did too. But I don't think Patience is available at the moment.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 22nd 2012, 20:00:21

what changes are coming to EE? every time you use the letter e on this site you have to buy me a beer!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 20:09:05

*buys coors light to mARTIAN*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 22nd 2012, 20:20:10

I said beer.. not water.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 20:49:08

it is sold as beer so it is beer.

Magellaan Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 21:01:26

/me gives martian Belgian beer
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2012, 21:30:09

*buys pabst blue ribbon to mARTIAN*