Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2012, 3:17:44

It's a bit silly that these stores keep opening earlier and earlier for the thanksgiving sales. Once upon a time it was called black friday, now it seems its black thanksgiving!

The consumers can speak and not show up for any sales on Thanksgiving day! Lets make a stand and show these stores some things are more important!

And for all of you who go out on Thanksgiving evening to shop because you want to get out there and get cheap toys for your kids someone has to miss their Thanksgiving with their kids so they can be at work for you!

The shame list:
Walmart
Toys r us
Target
Kmart
Sears

We can do it!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 3:39:40

I GENERALLY AGREE THAT OPENING ON THANKSGIVING DAY IS LAME.

HOWEVER, IF THERE WERE NO DEMAND FOR IT, STORES WOULDN'T BE DOING IT. AND REGARDING THE EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE TO MISS PART OF THANKSGIVING DAY WITH THEIR FAMILIES, ARE THEY FORCED TO WORK THIS DAY? HOW MANY OF THEM RELY ON THAT LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA MONEY - GETTING TIME AND A HALF OR DOUBLE TIME FOR WORKING A HOLIDAY - TO PROVIDE FOR THEIR FAMILIES?

I THINK EVERYONE WHO AGREES WITH YOU AND ME ABOUT THE LAMENESS OF BEING OPEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY IS ALREADY BOYCOTTING THESE SALES... JUST NOT IN AN ORGANIZED FASHION.

archaic Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 3:43:37

I'd rather boycott Thanksgiving casseroles that are nothing but canned soup added to some unspecified starch and broiled. But nobody listens to me either Req.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2012, 3:52:13

Originally posted by archaic:
I'd rather boycott Thanksgiving casseroles that are nothing but canned soup added to some unspecified starch and broiled. But nobody listens to me either Req.

I second that and may I add one more to that: stuffing with apples and raisins in it. It's god dam stuffing don't fluff it up!!! Sorry I think I made that personal. Apologies. But lets add it anyways.

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
I GENERALLY AGREE THAT OPENING ON THANKSGIVING DAY IS LAME.

HOWEVER, IF THERE WERE NO DEMAND FOR IT, STORES WOULDN'T BE DOING IT. AND REGARDING THE EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE TO MISS PART OF THANKSGIVING DAY WITH THEIR FAMILIES, ARE THEY FORCED TO WORK THIS DAY? HOW MANY OF THEM RELY ON THAT LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA MONEY - GETTING TIME AND A HALF OR DOUBLE TIME FOR WORKING A HOLIDAY - TO PROVIDE FOR THEIR FAMILIES?

Sam you make some good points however you forgot one thing. My opinion is the only one that matters, and yours is always wrong! Now suck it up and boycott with me!

archaic Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 4:01:35

Originally posted by Requiem:

I second that and may I add one more to that: stuffing with apples and raisins in it. It's god dam stuffing don't fluff it up!!! Sorry I think I made that personal. Apologies. But lets add it anyways.

Dried cranberries are cool though, gotta trust me on that one.

Oh, FWIW:

The shame list:
Walmart - only 5-6 times a year, NEVER during the holidays
Toys r us - not in years, probably never again
Target - I'll admit to this guilty pleasure, more cute moms in yoga pants in a target then anyplace else on earth. went tonight, was worth it.
Kmart - I'm not well enough armed to shop at most K-Marts
Sears - thats at the mall right? Yeah, no.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 20th 2012, 4:11:34

Yeah I posted how this is bullfluff on my facebook.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 20th 2012, 5:16:22

Thanksgiving was like a month ago.
Finally did the signature thing.

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 5:48:39

Originally posted by qzjul:

+1

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

oats Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 6:08:42

Let's celebrate again and give thanks we don't trample one another trying to buy towels at Walmart to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 6:47:13

but i can't afford to buy things just because they are on sale. they might as well drop the prices down to the sale prices for the rest of the year, if that's all they're going to get for it anyway. no, that would probably ruin the illusion.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

BattleKJ Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 9:13:30

I'm sure all 10 people that play EE boycotting Walmart on Thanksgiving will really fluff them up. Walmart will be closing down before you know it. Good job Req, the revolution has begun!!

Elihaar Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 9:32:31

I promis i won't celebrate Thanksgiving day here :D
Words that rhyme with rival are:

archival
arrival
revival
survival

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 10:29:34

fluffing hippies...
+Kya

Marshal Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 11:40:23

yea, yankees cousins celebrated it then.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 20th 2012, 13:06:03

I don't fully understand why people object to extended holiday hours in general. But in this case
1) Thanksgiving is not a religious holiday

2) More store hours = more wages paid = more employment. For shift workers this can be a big boost. If the issue is giving people time off, then perhaps you should be lobying the government for mandatory paid vacation (there's none in the US)rather than specifying a day... just saying.

3) No one is making you go. Hell I generally don't shop in and around xmas (finish my xmas shopping in october) or boxing day either but I'm not advocating stopping that.

As a bit of background.. I grew up somewhere that initially had no shopping on sundays or any Christian holiday. The city basically was dead on Sundays and it kind of sucked:P. In the later 80s they reversed it (thanks to lobying by Safeway) and it made a huge difference..

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 20th 2012, 13:07:25

Originally posted by Fooglmog:

+1

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

+fluff

ps. I hate ontario's Sunday shopping laws.. I think it's silly.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

aponic Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 13:35:04

Originally posted by martian:
I don't fully understand why people object to extended holiday hours in general. But in this case

2) More store hours = more wages paid = more employment. For shift workers this can be a big boost. If the issue is giving people time off, then perhaps you should be lobying the government for mandatory paid vacation (there's none in the US)rather than specifying a day... just saying.

3) No one is making you go. Hell I generally don't shop in and around xmas (finish my xmas shopping in october) or boxing day either but I'm not advocating stopping that.

As a bit of background.. I grew up somewhere that initially had no shopping on sundays or any Christian holiday. The city basically was dead on Sundays and it kind of sucked:P. In the later 80s they reversed it (thanks to lobying by Safeway) and it made a huge difference..

+1
SOF
Cerevisi

snawdog Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 13:56:40

+1 Bonus Post.
Black Friday at our house generally consists of three or four hung-over uncles/cousins/..er Aunts?,with black eyes from too much "Wild Turkey"
ICQ 364553524
msn

trumper Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 13:58:20

I'm boycotting waking up early, but that's called a hangover.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2012, 14:09:03

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
I'm sure all 10 people that play EE boycotting Walmart on Thanksgiving will really fluff them up. Walmart will be closing down before you know it. Good job Req, the revolution has begun!!

Thanks KJ I knew if anyone would back this it'd be you! Hey can you get your wife to boycott too? That way there'd be 11 people right? I mean she is real and she plays this game... Right?

Hey Qz can you vouch for KJ's wife? Anyways I love you lots thanks for helping the cause.

Originally posted by snawdog:
+1 Bonus Post.
Black Friday at our house generally consists of three or four hung-over uncles/cousins/..er Aunts?,with black eyes from too much "Wild Turkey"

LoL well played sir!

Originally posted by martian:

Well years ago I used to work in retail and you would miss every holiday with your family because they always wanted you to work. And to top it off they really didn't give you a choice, it was basically mandatory. And while getting double time is awesome it doesn't amount to a whole lot if you're only paid $8 an hour. I just know how it is to miss every holiday.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 20th 2012, 15:55:16

"Well years ago I used to work in retail and you would miss every holiday with your family because they always wanted you to work. And to top it off they really didn't give you a choice, it was basically mandatory. And while getting double time is awesome it doesn't amount to a whole lot if you're only paid $8 an hour. I just know how it is to miss every holiday. "

Yeah, I would want my sales staff on a busy sales day too. I also would not like missing holidays with my family. But you would know this going into the job.. and yes i realize that for some people it's a question of eating or not eating.
The issue you are getting at is lack of paid vacation and minimum wage standards not the fact that stores are opened on holidays.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2012, 16:02:58

A little bit of both Martian. Sometimes you cant have one without the other?

Just saying.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 20th 2012, 22:06:51

have they changed the composition of retail staff since i did it? used to be composed of teenagers and college students during the holidays. by the time they learned how to do the job, it was time to fire most of them.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Iamminghui Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 0:00:55

Interesting topic.. Lol, try ask a Malaysian how that works.. I think our country has one of the most public holidays around..

iNouda Game profile

Nov 21st 2012, 0:57:12

Originally posted by Iamminghui:
Interesting topic.. Lol, try ask a Malaysian how that works.. I think our country has one of the most public holidays around..

The entire country goes on holiday, stores close (except for the largest brands like Jusco, McD, KFC..etc?). I haven't spent all that many raya days in the city so I don't really know what the situation is like except that it's a fluffing ghost town in urban areas.

Aside from the major religious holidays most people have to work (except for those lazy government servants who get more time off than anyone else).

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 21st 2012, 4:59:15

Originally posted by snawdog:
+1 Bonus Post.

ONLY IN THE SOUTH!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.