Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2012, 3:46:23

Your land makes me very happy! You sir are a fat ass!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 9th 2012, 4:07:07

Doesn't take alot to make you happy ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

bertz Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 4:12:51

wow

locket Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 5:06:14

Land trading is definitely not over powered.

Wharfed

Nov 9th 2012, 5:13:51

I had 95k a few sets back, no land trading. But I sure as hell didn't have the right BPT to back it up. I also didn't get to stock for that long. I had like 2 weeks of stocking. So it wasn't that great of a use of that much land. Overall, poor. But still my best finish.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Pain Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:02:26

Originally posted by locket:

there was no land trading done in that country, a quick look at its news would prove that, instead of ASSuming.
Your mother is a nice woman

locket Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:13:13

Originally posted by Pain:
Originally posted by locket:

there was no land trading done in that country, a quick look at its news would prove that, instead of ASSuming.

Gets grabbed, does land to land and needs no D to defend himself. 60k acres at less than 10mill net. Close enough.

Pain Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:28:54

so smart/risky grabbing is now considered landtrading?

thats stupid talk locket.

locket Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:42:52

Sitting with 0 D and having yourself protected completely by pacts that encourage it(I am ASSuming with that) is just as lame. But meh. I'll ignore it and watch Clone Wars instead :P

Alin Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 8:12:12

@locket

IF i remember well Laf was the first alliance who started the L:L retals ( many years ago ). Don`t know that 100% for sure - but it was among the firsts if not the first.

Sov Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 8:22:48

Landtrading and land:land are not the same subject.

Alin Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 8:32:48

Landtrading and land:land are not the same subject.

Sitting with 0 D and having yourself protected completely by pacts that encourage it s just as lame

This is a consequence of the L:L retal policy everyone is applying nowadays. Everyone can get 50k land and stay defensless because the therm "topfeed" does not exist anymore in this game.

locket Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 9:38:14

Oh I know. It just seems to be used differently lately since L:L was supposed to discourage grabbing I think and now it is used to encourage it with no defense :P Btw props on a normal post Alin :D Keep it up ;)

Alin Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 9:45:39

P.S:Forgot to mention the cheating parts in my last posts. | - * |

elvesrus

Nov 9th 2012, 13:09:19

how about that purple country of yours alin?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Chadius Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 13:10:20

Bonus!

lol @ Alin. :)
LAF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2012, 13:15:51

this kind of landtrading is not really out of control (at least yet)... If you compare this to the fluff RD was doing, it's pretty moderate and most importantly, this kind of landtrading isn't actually that beneficial vs not landtrading (as you can see by the fact that Evo/LaF probably still have the best countries in the game)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

tellarion Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 13:30:58

I am a fatass, confirmed!

Also, holy balls he has 80k acres and 179bpt.....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2012, 13:37:28

World domination right there! I want to see him hit 100k acres.

UltraMarines Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 14:00:21

GO for the gold!

wari Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 19:43:11

You guys make it sound so easy :)

Anyone can trade land. It takes time to figure out how to parlay it into a dependable netting strategy. Ever try to max tech on 90k acres with Ag at $4100?

Innovation isn't dead, fortunately. But it'll be a long time before the average "landtrader" can compete, on average, with a reasonably smart techer/reseller.

The good news is you netters aren't all shackled to your bottomfeeding, your idling in IRC to hit a 700k NW 3k land guy exactly at 24h, and whatnot. I played the game that way for years, too. Ain't worth it.

locket Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 21:06:31

Wari, thats the thing. It IS easy. If the top Laf players did this and didn't have to worry about suiciders as some don't they would triple this guys net. I'd not be surprised in the least to see networth records broken. Look at the Laf techers and tell me that is not harder than getting to 80k through something similar to landtrading.

RavenBF Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 22:13:46

well seeing as explore rates suck, taggless countries get bottomfed to hell, what other option is there for land growth?
Minty
adj: Describing someone as British and homo-sexual.
mint minte mintt gay british person kj
by Master ZEN Aug 28, 2012

locket Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 23:47:16

Put in some bots -_- would be lovely to have some other choices.

wari Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 3:01:43

It's easy to gain gobs of land. I guarantee you, the successful transformation of that land into a country capable of vying for a top 5 spot, unaided, is much more difficult than you know, unless you've gone through some trial and error where it's concerned.

It's as legitimate as any other strategy, and no cheaper than having a tech ally ring. I'll put you in contention for the top ten, just work with me. Those who need to know already do. But you won't landtrade yourself to a top 5 finish on your first try. Trust me.

archaic Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 3:40:57

Jets = the new defense

Pretty much what Ive been saying for years

Turrets are and have always been pretty useless, they dont do anything but eat your food and lose to planned strikes. Jets, on the other hand defend by intimidation AND when needed they go out and get land back. They are the new black.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Rockman Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 3:47:01

Originally posted by wari:
It's easy to gain gobs of land. I guarantee you, the successful transformation of that land into a country capable of vying for a top 5 spot, unaided, is much more difficult than you know, unless you've gone through some trial and error where it's concerned.

It's as legitimate as any other strategy, and no cheaper than having a tech ally ring. I'll put you in contention for the top ten, just work with me. Those who need to know already do. But you won't landtrade yourself to a top 5 finish on your first try. Trust me.

It's really not that hard. Just because you find it hard doesn't mean that other people will.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 3:52:44

Newworld, a below average LaF player, got all 16 of his countries over 250m networth and in the t50 on FFA in his first time landtrading.

I'd say about 75% of Laf could get over 200m networth in their first attempt at landtrading on alliance server, and probably 50% could get over 250m networth.

Pain Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 3:55:32

rockman you know just as well as me comparing the dynamics in FFA to alliance is not correct. what one person can do on FFA with his own countries is not transferable to another server and you know it.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2012, 4:17:36

If LaF land traded you'd all be crying about it.

I think we should do it just to prove the point so Qz can get to work :p

locket Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 4:42:53

Pain you have watched Laf will retal farm alliances(Which has been toned down in recent sets to be fairer for the most part), run successful techers, run great farmers, run great cashers, and you question whether or not they could trade grabs with someone to a point and then win the set with ease in their first set of truly doing it?

Of any of those things running a successful techer is easily the hardest.

diez Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 4:44:32

if laf and evo landtrade we'll be well over 200m ANW every set i'm sure.

locket Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 5:23:28

Agreed ^ We would have to work together for max efficiency though and we all know how that would go :P

Mr Snow

Nov 10th 2012, 5:50:31

Whiners always ruin the party.

We really don't put much effort into trading. If we did what whiner says repeatedly in every landtrading thread - to trade efficiently and effectively (the right way) - our networths would be much higher.

Quit yer fluffin' for once. :)

Spoonman Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 6:07:28

nothing compared to the elitez feat...

Soultaker

Nov 10th 2012, 7:44:42

uuu

Rockman Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 13:03:32

Originally posted by Pain:
rockman you know just as well as me comparing the dynamics in FFA to alliance is not correct. what one person can do on FFA with his own countries is not transferable to another server and you know it.

That's actually not true. Mercs experimented with cross-player landtrading, and LaF's classes teaching people how to netgain are high enough quality that the results would be fairly similar.

TAN Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 15:30:07

Originally posted by Rockman:

It's really not that hard. Just because you find it hard doesn't mean that other people will.

Reminded me of this (this whole conversation in general:

"Dangerous to your starfleet, Commander. Not to this battlestation."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Thomas Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 20:03:11

Wari knows his stuff. If you don't believe him, look at the success of his all AB FS followed by an all LG FS. Strategy is Wari's middle name.

wari Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 20:51:06

the douche lives!

LaF already landtrades :)

Mr.Silver

Nov 10th 2012, 21:01:59

All "landtrading" is, is getting retaled but being prepared for it and allowing it to happen, instead of buying up.

so much pointless arguing on this thread.

#454 did well this reset getting land and now has the challenge of getting his techs up quickly since they were low for so long
as for comments about difficulty level of strategy, that's retarded. I'd venture to say Techer is probably the easiest strat. The difficult and risky part is that you're hoping you don't get suicided while having a massive amount of cash on hand after you max Decay. You also have to resell well to pull off the higher ranks.

If you want a challange then play a Tyranny Casher of Commie Techer :P this game is about trying to find the most efficient way to play and that you enjoy. Every strategy has it's own challenges and what's the point in saying someone elses is better or worse than yours.

stop whining

locket Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 22:53:03

How is Techer easier than farmer or casher dude? You be crazy :P

Wari you know nothing

Chump Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 23:09:44

to rank a country? Ya, I'd say it's easier to achieve a NW by techer rather than csher or farmer :)

but if someone wants a challange... then go Tyranny Casher :)

locket Game profile

Nov 11th 2012, 3:35:28

Easier to achieve perhaps but casher and farmer take little effort or knowledge to get close to the max out of them. Techer takes a lot more attention and knowledge.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2012, 4:47:32

Techer is much more delicate and easier to fluff up. I'd say to be a grabbing techer you need a lot more skill than a grabbing farmer or casher.

archaic Game profile

Nov 11th 2012, 14:30:53

Well, I guess we have a pretty good test case for Laf winning with a land trader this set. I suspect that he WILL win and the overall dynamic of the server will start to shift to allow more grabbing among allies and acquaintances. The casual landgrab will no longer become the cause-celeb for war. All of the netters will scramble a bit and adjust, the game will move on. Evolution at work.

Just ask yourself this, look at the history for #29 and for #159. Clear your mind of bias and historical context. Which of those looks like it would be a more FUN set to play?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2012, 15:00:24

Hey archaic it's no secrete I am pro land-trading so that wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I think the key is to keep it from being so blatant. Which with the C:C DR that lasts an entire set you're forced to hit multiple people. I think that helps some.

It's still risky but allows people to do some grabbing and have some fun with it.

I'll agree it's a sad state of affairs because the game is down to so few players and with alliances thrown in the mix land gabbing can be a bit dicey.

EDIT: but I should correct one thing about your post. The guy who I believe will win from LaF did not land trade.

Edited By: Requiem on Nov 11th 2012, 15:05:46
See Original Post

TAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2012, 15:33:20

Req you support "landtrading"? I never much paid attention to who and who didn't the past year aside from the usual suspects who were vocal about it - how long have you been in support of it?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2012, 15:43:00

You can ask anyone in PDM who I talked to with any regularity namely Detmer or pang. I've always advocated for it I was one of the big proponents to get PDM and RD to trade one set, but for me land trading opens up the game in many ways.

1. it puts more money in the game which can then make the markets much more interesting, re-sellers would like that.

2. it adds another fold in an otherwise stagnant server.

3. it opens up a new type of grabbing, non-land traders would have the opportunity to hit a land trader. Of course the land trader could always retal.

4. as long as everyone is doing it the bar is level for everyone and it still comes down to individual skill, nothing will change about that.

I will say that I might hold a minority opinion about land trading but I could go on. I have lots of arguments for it... The bottom line is I believe it makes the game more fun/interesting, and with a game like this that is never a bad thing.

TAN Game profile

Nov 11th 2012, 16:45:35

You make some good points, but aren't you worried that it would lead to a decline in non-landtrading landgrabbing, thus ending in a Fukuyama-like "end of landgrabbing" scenario? I mean if you have an infinite source of land just within your own alliance, what's the point of landgrabbing outside of it? And then the game will reach a point of complete isolationism - why even have relations with other alliances when you'll never give any alliance a real impetus to attack/war you since interactivity will be minimized, or even gone altogether?
FREEEEEDOM!!!