Verified:

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 7:49:41

why does every american election get called the most important election ever?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

ColoOutlaw

Nov 6th 2012, 8:19:14

TTT I give this thread 2 thumbs up. I applaud the creator for being comically creative. They were obviously not serious in anyway but what a reaction!

Edited By: ColoOutlaw on Nov 6th 2012, 8:21:59
See Original Post

miniii Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 8:35:28

I like how they asked what the Romney plan is and they all said something like; "Um... change!"

lol

Alin Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 8:56:32

When is the end of this elections ?

locket Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 9:02:59

Tomorrow Alin

braden Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 12:27:02

Originally posted by anoniem:
Originally posted by braden:
yea, but the rest of the world hasn't quite realized not to piss and fluff in the water they plan on drinking.

so, really, let them laugh.

i can't tell if you're joking or just fluffing obnoxious.

um, joking? but i don't see how that might preclude me from being fluffing obnoxious, too, so..

aponic Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 13:54:07

I couldn't listen to the whole 8 minutes. Those people are smrt.
SOF
Cerevisi

ColoOutlaw

Nov 6th 2012, 14:29:12

Yeah I couldn't either. I just thought it was funny that anoniem posted it as a "serious" topic to just get knee-jerk reactions from people on AT. How people thought he was serious and continued to post seriously is why I gave it 2 thumbs up :)

trumper Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 15:18:39

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
why does every american election get called the most important election ever?

Turn out.

CKHustler

Nov 6th 2012, 21:05:33

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by CKHustler:
Rockman, here's where we differ on this. You call it state capitalism, while I say it isn't capitalism at all. Rather it is fascism, where the government controls business. Capitalism is where the government does not have the power to control business. So state capitalism, by the very definition of capitalism, cannot exist.

I wouldn't advocate calling either fascists, but I wouldn't call them very far off either.
"Fascism" as an ideology can't really be nailed down that neatly, but you're generally right about its economics. However, you have our situation reversed: in reality today, business controls the government. They donate to the candidates, they flood the airwaves, and they buy elections. Folks from Goldman Sachs get appointed throughout the government. Folks from Congressional offices go back to lobbying firms and use their connections to influence votes. You sometimes get people from industries literally writing the bills. So it's not your "fascism," and it's not "state capitalism" either by normal definitions, since that usually means state-owned industries participating in market economies. No, this is just capitalism, the natural state of capitalism in our type of "democracy."

blid, this situation can only occur in a society in which the government has any power over businesses in the first place. If the reps didn't have power to influence business, would businessmen be paying them off? I doubt it, because they would have nothing to gain. Capitalism is the lack of government involvement. Your definition of capitalism can be applied to even those societies who fall under the communism banner. So no, it is not capitalism, but rather any society that puts the necessary power in their national/federal/whatever government will end up in this state of affairs. The final say will either come from business or government, but it matters not. Give government power and in the end one or the other will control the economy, not the people at large.

GeneralKorhal Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 8:33:07

But if the business controls the government, who controls the business.. we have inceptional fascism

GeneralKorhal Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 8:34:47

And no, the Affordable Care Act is not perfect, but it is far better than what we were dealing with before.

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 14:23:30

Originally posted by GeneralKorhal:
And no, the Affordable Care Act is not perfect, but it is far better than what we were dealing with before.

Um, how is more BS piled on top of an already bad system "far better". Obamacare (and that's what it is because he gets to own it) didn't reform anything that really causes healthcare/insurance to be so expensive. That being said, I'm still waiting for healthcare reform in the US. Obamacare did not include tort reform (because the lawyers own Obama). Obamacare did not include insurance payout reforms (reducing the number of different forms, making it easier and less expensive for doctors to actually get paid).

Forget not perfect, it's not really anything at all.
-Angel1

CKHustler

Nov 7th 2012, 21:12:49

The consumers control businesses. Don't buy their products and they won't be around much longer.