Verified:

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 4:08:01

I can understand someones hate for a cheater. That is called for. But what I have noticed about this game, with so many people that play the game legitimately, the socio-political aspect of this game mirrors IRL closer than any other game.

So, why do you all hate each other so much? Why can't you all be hippies and stop being butt hurt over potatoes? Does it make the game more fun? Does it add to the endorphins you experience when you are warring that person/clan you hate so much? Especially when they are fighting back?
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

UBer Bu Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 4:10:50

Because you touch yourself at night.
-take off every sig.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 4:21:13

Pretty sure we can resurrect posts you made doing exactly what you are talking about.

Quit pontificating.

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 4:22:00

It's not just "at night" when I do it. I don't discriminate between morning, afternoon, or evening. I give them all equal opportunity to my penis. Don't want someone getting left out.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 4:27:31

Eric, I can believe that. If you remember, I played the game with Imag in the spring. I never said I wasn't guilty of it. Also, I was never angry with Imag. If you look closely, it was a provocation game. Just standard trolling. Nothing out of the ordinary. You'll also notice, they are and aren't immune to it. I pushed buttons pretty hard and was never once able to get them to go nuts over it, but they did play into a few things here or there, as most people do. You can't win all your fights, but you sure as well can try. You try to get people to make mistakes. And you sit there waiting to pounce when they do.

I'm just curious for your reasons for it? I know many of us like trolling to certain extent, but beyond that, it seems like a waste.

Edited By: Wharfed on Nov 1st 2012, 4:29:57
See Original Post
>Wharfed

The Cloaked Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 4:28:02

It makes me happy to kill someone's country.

It makes me happier to kill a country of someone I dislike.

In response to your question: Yes.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 1st 2012, 4:30:05

Because everyone has a perspective?

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 4:33:41

Well, yeah, but the hate thrown around on these forums and elsewhere seems more than your typical game.
>Wharfed

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2012, 4:35:10

I tend to enjoy warring people that I know and like over people I dislike....though I can't say I really dislike anyone. You are all special in your own way.

In fact, I was going to take the round off but I came back just to fight against imag because I like most of the people there and it sounded fun.

Sov Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 4:37:01

I hate ZEN. One day we will war and it will be the war to end all wars.

iScode Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 4:40:49

i only get really butthurt when i get double crossed.

Or if my masterfull plans that I have made get undone :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 4:42:11

THE SHORT, EASY ANSWER IS: THE ABILITY TO DESTROY.

TO EXPAND ON THAT A BIT.. THIS GAME IS FAIRLY UNIQUE IN THAT THE PLAYERS ALL HAVE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY ANOTHER PLAYER'S EFFORTS. IN MOST GAMES, WHEN YOU DEFEAT A FOE, HIS ABILITY TO CONTINUE TO PLAY WELL IS NOT AFFECTED. HERE, NOT ONLY IS IT POSSIBLE TO DAMAGE ANOTHER'S ABILITY TO COMPETE, BUT DAMAGING THAT OTHER PLAYER'S EFFORTS IS THE MOST COMMON WAY FOR PLAYERS TO ENHANCE THEIR OWN ABILITY. THIS INEVITABLY LEADS TO CONFLICT AND IN MANY CASES, HATRED OR AT LEAST A STRONG DISLIKE.

WHEN A PLAYER RUNNING A TECH COUNTRY LOGS IN TO FIND THAT FOR THE 5TH DAY IN A ROW, HE MUST WASTE HALF OF HIS TURNS REGAINING AND REBUILDING HIS LABS, IT INVARIABLY LEADS TO FRUSTRATION AND/OR ANGER TO AT LEAST SOME DEGREE.

THE BEST ROLE PLAYING GAME EVER MADE, "ASHERON'S CALL" HAD A SIMILAR DYNAMIC. THOSE WHO ENGAGED IN PLAYER VS PLAYER COMBAT COULD TAKE A PORTION OF THEIR VANQUISHED FOE'S BELONGINGS. IT LED TO A SPLENDID LEVEL OF ANIMOSITY I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE IN ONLINE GAMING. IT ALSO MADE THIS GAME'S PVP THE MOST EXCITING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. SEEING A RED DOT ON YOUR RADAR STREAKING TOWARD YOU COULD ACTUALLY ELEVATE YOUR HEART RATE. IT WAS WONDERFUL!

BACK TO EARTH EMPIRES, THE ANGER EFFECT IS OF COURSE MORE PRONOUNCED ON THE ALLIANCE SERVER. VIRTUALLY EVERY ALLIANCE HAS BEEN JUMPED BY ANOTHER FOR LITTLE OR NO REASON WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO NETGAIN. TWO, FOUR, SIX WEEKS OF HARD WORK ON ALL OF THEIR COUNTRIES WASTED. IT WOULD BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS TO NOT RESULT IN SOME SERIOUSLY BRUISED FEELINGS.

THE HATRED WILL NOT END UNTIL THE MAJORITY OF CLANS FINALLY SEE THE WISDOM OF THE PATH OF VIOLENT PACIFISM.

HA!

SAM
CHAMPION OF THE EUGLAF DIVISION,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 1st 2012, 4:51:26

ffa forums are better.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iScode Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 5:10:36

LIAR
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 5:32:30

btw Scode, what is your opinion on the whole of that war? Were the antics we pulled(not on the forums), that is, the strategy we actually applied towards the whole situation, worthwhile? We did kn0w we were going to lose after all. Do you think they prolonged the deaths of some of us? Or was it a wasted effort?
>Wharfed

iScode Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 5:44:49

Wharfed, I am 100% serious here, we were never going to hit you, i was sincere when i said i would always be happy to talk first.

however yes, switching the way you did definitely made you a lot harder to kill, it was not a wasted effort.

Just a side note though, we dont talk no more, you can blame servant for that :D
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 6:13:38

I can believe that you weren't going to, it makes sense. fluffing Hearsay, AMIRITE?

I do like knowing that my idea was actually a good one. It made all the sense in the world on paper, however it was definitely hard to quantify on how well it worked when we knew we were going to get killed anyway. Maybe we should talk some more!

>Wharfed

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 1st 2012, 6:15:37

Because the internet creates women out of men.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

iScode Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 6:17:38

i think the only thing that let you down was not just straight out killing us rather than the spy FS, i mean you did remove fluffloads of missiles but you could of done that for readiness well killing others.

but yes always happy to talk, i love sanct, was my second home after imag back in the day :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 6:22:08

Yeah, I think you are right on that one. Since we caught you off guard, even though war prepped.
>Wharfed

ColoOutlaw

Nov 1st 2012, 6:22:41

Because hippies suck Wharfed.

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 6:44:27

I hope so. I like blow jobs.
>Wharfed

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 7:35:26

not entirely sure, but it's possible that the aliens shoved short little emo goth troll dolls up people's whazoos and now they're just struggling with finding a proper way to get it to let go. course, i could just be imagining things.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 7:39:39

The Internet is where people that normally cannot stand up for themselves release their aggression and bullying on each other because they can't suffer any real life consequences. Most of these people would never act like this in real life because they'd probably get punched in the nose. Also people argue points for days on these forums even though they know there is 0% chance of changing the minds of those they argue against. I don't get that even more.
The EEVIL Empire

Wharfed

Nov 1st 2012, 8:55:10

Once a proper display of logic is shown to not change someones mind, I give up. So, if I can't change their mind in an hour, I give up.
>Wharfed

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 9:02:14

not entirely sure that the goal of arguing on these forums is to get them to change their mind. it's more of a communication thing to help people learn to express their points in a better way. i simply call it communication. or trolling.

oh, and in real life, i think they have done away with punching in the nose. think they go straight for their guns now.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Nov 1st 2012, 9:05:20
See Original Post
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Helmet Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 11:17:03

Mostly sore losers and whiners.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 13:27:19

Have you tried putting potatoes up your butt? I'm guessing you too would be butthurt.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

trumper Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 13:47:35

What amuses me is to see the tactics of spin and then the denunciations of the world of politics as if folks were acting any differently.

Trife Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 15:08:06

Originally posted by ZEN:
I tend to enjoy warring people that I know and like over people I dislike....though I can't say I really dislike anyone. You are all special in your own way.

IM MORE SPECIAL THAN ALL OF YOU GUYS, AMIRITE ZEN?