Verified:

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 23:09:17

Great start to the new season in my opinion. S2 was pretty bad overall, but this first episode of S3 was pretty damn good.

I thought the black woman using the walkers as mules was hilarious and genius! I really didnt expect the ending not so soon in the season anyway.

Thumbs up for the first episode.

Darakna Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 23:16:44

it has a change of temp feel within the first few minutes.

was good to see

PapaSmurf Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 23:24:28

I still haven't watch this series. I have never been into 'scary' or 'gory' movies. I do like a thriller here and there. I actually kind of enjoyed Zombieland.

What about the series do you like? It's Scary, the actors, the story line?

Fuji Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 23:29:05

Zombie movies are sweet because they're more of a survival movie. It's like Cast Away with monsters!

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 23:38:31

Its not at all scary. I do like a few of the actors in it, but mainly its the storyline and it has some pretty impressive scenes for a TV Show (its very big budget).

Pain Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 0:42:23

oh wtf the new season already started?
Your mother is a nice woman

Havoc Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 3:23:33

Yeah first ep was last night. I enjoyed it. And Papa it's sometimes as much as a drama as it is a zombie show, some pretty solid character development and dynamics. Excited for this season.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

ghall Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 3:33:38

S2 was pretty bad overall?? what show were you watching?

Dissidenticn

Oct 16th 2012, 3:40:18

S2 wasn't in line with the comics... which was the problem. I think S2 was too slow and they were too comfortable on the farm looking for Sofia and all that.

But, Papasmurf!!! you gotta check it out. It's not a horror show at all. It's basically a post apocalyptic world where a band of people are just trying to survive with typical human drama... and there happen to be zombies around. I don't do horror movies either... but this isn't like that at all. Just watch the first episode and you'll be hooked.

S3... great start. I really like how Rick has taken the lead. But Darrell will always be my favourite.

Havoc Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 3:43:30

Yeah, crazy how Darrell isn't even a character in the comics is he?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 16th 2012, 3:51:11

That show is made where we live :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Havoc Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 3:55:30

really?? are you safe?? need us to send rations/weapons?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 16th 2012, 3:55:54

lol havoc, we are fine

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 4:16:36

Yeah the Zombies prolly run away from them!!

NRS Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 4:21:27

I really liked season 2, but wasn't really a fan of how season 3 started off.

Spoiler....

How does cutting off a leg stop the infection from spreading? I thought after you were bit by the zombie you quickly developed fever and soon after died?

PapaSmurf Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 4:25:14

I will have to check it out then. I loved Jericho. Still annoyed it only last 2 seasons.

Havoc Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 5:51:09

well it's all in the brain, maybe if they amputate quick enough it won't have entered the bloodstream? I dunno, there's a lot of suspension of belief and 'just going with it' in zombie stories.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Darakna Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 7:29:57

Originally posted by NRS:

Spoiler....

How does cutting off a leg stop the infection from spreading? I thought after you were bit by the zombie you quickly developed fever and soon after died?

This was my only problem with season 3, the group we see at the start of S3 is more in line with the comics..

Dissidenticn

Oct 16th 2012, 13:48:21

Maybe he will get fever and die yet. We need another episode to know the answer correct? At least we'd have a zombie who can't walk.

Magellaan Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 16:38:01

Good start of the season. I just hope Lori dies soon, she's so annoying.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

M m i x X Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 19:46:18

yep... good start of season 3 :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

trumper Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 19:51:09

Originally posted by NRS:

Spoiler....

Remember they all already carry the virus in some form of a dormant state. The trigger for removing dormancy appears to be death. In Shane's case it was very quick because of the shooting. Whereas the other woman in Season 1 or maybe it was in Season 2 who was bitten slowly switched presumably because the infection was what killed her. It's also the entire reason the CDC guy was counting on the incineration of the CDC rather than just killing himself knowing otherwise he would become a zombie.

So I bet Hershel survives. Although the loss of blood could also screw him over. We can assume theoretically maybe you stop the infection of the bite from spreading, but leaving a huge gaping wound of that size with no sterilization equipment where they were would almost certainly lead to him contracting some other infection. That's where the show will probably take some liberty, although they did foreshadow it some with Lorie's discussion of being afraid of dying due to labor.

NRS Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 22:28:57

Makes sense I guess. Gotta wait till the next episode to see how it all works out.

Anyone else find the reaction of the random people at the end really funny when they popped up from the window?

Dissidenticn

Oct 16th 2012, 22:42:14

Um... Why is cutting his leg off safer than the bite? It seems inconsistent still, but I love it anyways

anoniem Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 22:43:47

Originally posted by Havoc:
well it's all in the brain, maybe if they amputate quick enough it won't have entered the bloodstream? I dunno, there's a lot of suspension of belief and 'just going with it' in zombie stories.

*suspension of disbelief
:P
re(ally)tired

LadyGrizz Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 4:05:52

The editorial in our local TV Week magazine mentioned, that they couldn't have the same budget in season 2 as they did in season 1, hence more storyline and character development instead of so much gore and zombie killing. They got the budget they wanted and bang, back to more zombie killing.

Papasmurf, it is gory, but not what you expect on the big screen. It is so well done. I love horror/thriller movies and at first wasn't really interested in this show, but I ended up watching it one night, near end of season 1 because there wasn't anything else on tv that night, and BOOM, I was hooked!!!!!!!!

I think I really got into it more because they did more character development in season 2. I am so happy season 3 is on, WOOO

galleri, where is it being made?

[IX]Mobster

Oct 17th 2012, 4:23:34

First episode was amazing, great way to kick off S3, and they have it setup at the moment to be the best season to date.

Pain Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 4:39:38

Originally posted by Dissidenticn:
Um... Why is cutting his leg off safer than the bite? It seems inconsistent still, but I love it anyways

probably to prevent the zombie juice from spreading. it is inconsistent when you consider they all carry the virus anyways and need to die in order to turn. so really who knows why they did it.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dissidenticn

Oct 17th 2012, 5:03:40

exactly. i mean, youd think getting your leg hacked off would kill you before a bite would. Basic staph infection would get you either way in that type of world.

but i dont think it's worth speculating. it's a big continuity error if they don't try to explain something about it.

Oct 17th 2012, 7:34:17

Originally posted by Pain:

probably to prevent the zombie juice from spreading. it is inconsistent when you consider they all carry the virus anyways and need to die in order to turn. so really who knows why they did it.

The theory is if you get bit the Zombie juice gets much worse and you are on your way to Zombieland in short order.

bart Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 8:45:11

I really enjoyed the first episode. A lot of action, nice story and some character progression again.

I have been wondering about a few things since last season though:
Why does a bite kill them? They said it was because they get infected by the virus but they already are infected.

Is there a difference to the virus that they all carry and the virus the zombies carry? Is it dormant and is it activated when they die? And does a bite transfer the active virus?

How did they contract the "dormant" virus?

Syko_Killa Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 9:21:45

g
Do as I say, not as I do.

Dissidenticn

Oct 17th 2012, 14:52:27

Maybe everyone in the world was infected already before the show started. H2O. We have the H2... Zombies have the O?

diez Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 2:11:28

Season 3 got a nice start to it... I'm starting to love this franchise again.

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 20:35:37

Hmms, not sure about Episode 2...

trumper Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 21:27:44

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
Hmms, not sure about Episode 2...

I understood killing that one guy after he threw the zombie onto Rick, but leaving that guy who ran off to the zombies? Eh, didn't seem quite right to me.

Dissident Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 23:30:05

Rick is now badass. The guy who ran off did so as an act of defiance. Rick rules the group with an iron fist now... if you want to run away, you're on your own and a danger to the group. I totally understand the logic... but I didn't know he had it in him til now.

Morality is subjective. One man's evil is another man's playground.

[IX]Mobster

Oct 23rd 2012, 4:35:14

It is a Ricktatorship, he is no longer the undecisive soft-hearted man from S1 and S2, he is a changed man since the death of Shane.

Oct 23rd 2012, 7:38:47

Besides the little dude took a swipe at him it just did not work

Magellaan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 12:04:31

Too bad Lori still didn't die. A world full of zombies and the writers can't find a way to get rid of the most annoying character ever. sigh,
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Dissidenticn

Oct 23rd 2012, 18:30:04

I think Lori needs to be in the show as the one who tethers Rick to a sense of morality... also Carl needs a mother or he's gonna get himself killed. Rick didn't even give him s**t for going off to find the infirmary by himself.

trumper Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 19:58:27

I think Lori needs to be in the show as the one who tethers Rick to a sense of morality... also Carl needs a mother or he's gonna get himself killed. Rick didn't even give him s**t for going off to find the infirmary by himself.

Carl doesn't seem to be impeded in doing anything stupid with Lori around so I don't see any difference if she disappeared.

diez Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 1:04:19

Episode 2 still looks good to me... Ruthless Rick just being ruthless

Havoc Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 2:26:40

Yeah second ep was badass. So much zombie murder. And people murder. Sort of glad they didn't stretch out the disputes with those other prisoners.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Dissident Game profile

Oct 29th 2012, 4:21:20

what a great episode tonight! what the heck is the Governor up to?

Oct 29th 2012, 5:51:29

Never read the mag so I got no idea

Alin Game profile

Oct 29th 2012, 6:04:16

I was actually looking for serials all over the net and saw KJ thread on this board. I have seen Season 1, 2 and the 2 episodes out of season 3 in the last 4 days :).

All i can say is : outstanding.

I liked Season 2 and i was like "fluff YOU" when the "last" zombie came out of the zombie barn.

Edited By: Alin on Oct 29th 2012, 6:24:09
See Original Post

Magellaan Game profile

Oct 29th 2012, 10:03:00

Of course there just had to be something fishy about the governor, it's one big cliche. But I liked it, decent episode.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Dissident Game profile

Oct 30th 2012, 3:37:40

I'm pretty certain that he only accepts new women to the group... he's talking about civilization... can't do that without babies.

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 30th 2012, 4:02:01

The ending of that episode..... WTF?