Verified:

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 4:59:28

SEVERAL HOURS AGO I WAS FLIPPING THROUGH THE CHANNELS HERE, AND CAME ACROSS A NEW SERIES: "THE MEN WHO BUILT AMERICA". TO MY SURPRISE, IT WAS ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL. AND DURING PRIME TIME, NO LESS! WHERE ARE THE AXE MEN, THE ICE ROAD TRUCKERS, THE PAWN STARS, CAJUN PAWN STARS, KINGS OF PAWN, PAWN STARS OF THE MIDWEST, PAWN STARS OF THE CARIBBEAN, PRAWN STARS AND AMERICAN PICKERS? WHY IS THERE ACTUAL HISTORY PROGRAMMING BEING SHOWN ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL? IT'S NOT EVEN VETERANS DAY!

SO, FOR THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS, I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS PROGRAM AND FINDING IT QUITE ENJOYABLE. I FIND THE DRIVE, COMPETITIVENESS, RIVALRIES AND RUTHLESS CUNNING OF THE EARLY TITANS OF INDUSTRY TRULY FASCINATING.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! NOW I HAVE TO REMOVE THE HISTORY CHANNEL FROM MY LIST OF CHANNELS WHICH I NO LONGER EVEN BOTHER TO CHECK TO SEE WHAT'S ON. THIS IS GOING TO COST ME VALUABLE TIME EVERY DAY!

PLEASE JOIN ME IN BOYCOTTING THE HISTORY CHANNEL UNTIL THEY AGREE TO GO BACK TO NEVER AIRING ANY PROGRAMMING THAT IS ANYTHING MORE THAN TANGENTIALLY RELATED TO HISTORY.

HA!

SAM
CHAMPION OF THE EUGLAF DIVISION,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

Kuari Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 5:23:01

What!? I have to pay attention to the History channel again? This is completely unacceptable.

Trife Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 14:45:51

I love call of the wildman.

best show on TV right now

Dissidenticn

Oct 24th 2012, 14:50:37

Ya... like when did TLC stop showing babies being born uncensored and all other types of surgeries? Those were the first boobies I ever saw.

As an aside, if you like the whole "titans of history" approach, consider watching Hell on Wheels. It's AMC, it's fictional, but it's good.

As for boycotting something educational... if it doesn't stream tweets on the bottom of the screen, I don't watch it.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 15:02:39

What, has the History Channel finally gotten over its fetish for WWII?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

BeerCrusher Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 15:04:32

Years ago, the hitler channel it was. But now, it's a decayed network.

Dissidenticn

Oct 24th 2012, 15:52:24

ya... the tlc's and the history channels and even A&E... all of them have gone from leaning on "educational" to full on "entertainment/reality tv". Very disappointing.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 24th 2012, 16:41:57

Originally posted by Dissidenticn:
Ya... like when did TLC stop showing babies being born uncensored and all other types of surgeries? Those were the first boobies I ever saw.

As an aside, if you like the whole "titans of history" approach, consider watching Hell on Wheels. It's AMC, it's fictional, but it's good.

As for boycotting something educational... if it doesn't stream tweets on the bottom of the screen, I don't watch it.

Oh that reminds me A Baby Story is on.....

P.S. let's discuss how MTV isn't even MTV now

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Dissident Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 16:47:15

There was a time when mtv and mtv2 played music videos constantly... that's all it was about. now it's all different and annoying.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 24th 2012, 17:30:11

MTV is horrible. I mean they should rename it to "stupid reality show tv"

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

incin22 Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 18:11:01

I only caught some of the section on carnegie, and it's fascinating how all in he went so many times.

I also recently dabbled in some Ayn Rand, and it was nice getting some of this backstory along with that book

History channel kicks ass. I dvr'd the rest and will watch all of it im sure

Syko_Killa Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 18:34:48

TV sucks in general..I love watching NFL football..I especially hate all those reality tv shows I do not watch them
Do as I say, not as I do.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 21:35:25

well, i ain't deleting the 40 some odd episodes of History Channel Specials from my harddrive. need them for holiday purposes. why do we have off again?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Oct 24th 2012, 21:59:55

the history channel focused so much on wwii because such a great job was done in documenting it- if they had footage of hannibal crossing the alps, or napolean marching into russia, i'm almost positive we'd be watching it. but, alas, they do not.

Klown Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 0:20:40

Originally posted by Dissidenticn:

And the last

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 0:51:45

History has the best show on television; Ancient Aliens

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

archaic Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 0:54:14

I remember when the discovery channel was all 'critters eating critters', now, the crab fishing show is the best of a sorry lot

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Oct 25th 2012, 0:56:06

yah, we beleive in God because Aliens visited the planet in the past. i don't think it's a causality. are they still here?

braden Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 1:36:28

my problem with history channel and ancient aliens, foog, is that i enjoy historical fact with my being taught history.

Oct 25th 2012, 1:40:47

doesn't have to be recorded for it to be fact.

incin22 Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 1:45:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7SLnzb-R8

Food for thought. I'm a believer

Oct 25th 2012, 1:51:12

i'm not. my bloody ancestors might've been smart enough to smash an asteroid into the planet to kill off the dinosaurs.

braden Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 1:52:19

perhaps not, dibs. but it kind of does have to be fact, no?

Cougar Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 1:54:27

I actually kind of miss when the History channel was actually the Hitler channel a few years back. It was all WW2, all the time.

Oct 25th 2012, 1:55:23

bummer. is fact a recorded kind of thing?

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 1:56:05

YOU FORGOT THE BEST OF THEM ALL, STORAGE WARS.

HavocMD

Oct 25th 2012, 1:56:53

In all fairness, most days you will find a good solid 8 hours straight of pawn, picker, ax crap in marathon blocks. I can't remember the last time I saw a swastika on that channel though not related to some piece of crap thing somebody brought into the pawn shop thinking it was worth $10,000,000 only to realize it's only worth $4.

braden Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 2:11:50

chinese replicas from the 70s aren't worth much, it would seem.

and dibs, i don't know about recorded, per se, but you'd at least expect records, i would hope?

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 15:58:41

CRISIS AVERTED!

WHEN I GOT TO MY HOTEL LAST NIGHT, I CHOSE THE HISTORY CHANNEL AS MY "BACKGROUND NOISE" CHANNEL. I'M HAPPY TO REPORT THAT WE'RE BACK TO ENDLESS HOURS OF PAWN STARS IN A ROW.

VICTORY!

HA!

SAM

archaic Game profile

Oct 25th 2012, 16:19:01

I would say that the US educational system should convert all of its history education to History Channel programming . . . but, upon further reflection, it appears that my wish may have already been granted.

I wonder how many more high school kids know more about Honey Boo Boo than Harry Truman?

Unsympathetic Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 1:46:47

Back in the day, History Channel used to run "Tanks of World War 2" on loop, and I fell asleep to it hundreds of times. Nothing better than waking up from a nap and watching 10 minutes of Shermans making things go boom before achieving momentum off the sofa.

ninong Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 1:53:01

Originally posted by Trife:
I love call of the wildman.

best show on TV right now

LIVE ACTION!!!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

archaic Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 3:08:58

/memisses les stroud

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 4:44:58

Originally posted by archaic:
/memisses les stroud

LES IS BACK, ARCHAIC. ON THE SCIENCE CHANNEL. HIS NEW SERIES IS CALLED "SURVIVORMAN: 10 DAYS" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

I NOTICED IT ABOUT PROBABLY A MONTH AND A HALF AGO. I SET MY DVR TO RECORD ALL EPISODES INCLUDING REPEATS, BUT SO FAR IT HAS ONLY RECORDED 4 EPISODES (ALL IN THE FIRST WEEK I HAD IT SET TO RECORD)

NOT SURE WHETHER THE NEW SERIES WAS CANCELLED. EACH EPISODE WAS ONLY HALF OF AN ADVENTURE. THERE WERE TWO EPISODES FROM THE MEXICAN DESERT, AND TWO FROM NORWAY OR SOME PLACE COLD LIKE THAT. THE INTRO TO THE SHOW MAKES IT OBVIOUS MORE LOCATIONS WERE FILMED, BUT SO FAR THOSE ARE THE ONLY FOUR EPISODES MY DVR HAS RECORDED.

EVERY DAY I CHECK TO SEE IF ANY MORE EPISODES HAVE BEEN RECORDED, ONLY TO BE INFURIATED ONCE AGAIN.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 20:50:03

if i named my country after you, would you join laf?

Wharfed

Oct 26th 2012, 21:57:39

lol
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

braden Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 22:18:41

if i name my country after you can i use all caps while posting?

archaic Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 0:33:21

I hope he's back for good . . . Bear Grylis makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a cactus thorn

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 1:32:34

Originally posted by archaic:
I hope he's back for good . . . Bear Grylis makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a cactus thorn

AND AS BEAR GRYLLS WOULD TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD THEN DRINK THE FLUID FROM YOUR RECENTLY GOUGED OUT EYES, BECAUSE THEY ARE A GREAT SOURCE OF VITAMINS (PRONOUNCED VITT-UH-MINS). YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO END UP WITH SCURVY AS YOU MADE YOUR WAY OFF THE GLACIER (PRONOUNCED GLASS-IER)

EUGLAF! YES, WE WOULD ALLOW YOU TO JOIN THE EUGLAF DIVISION OF THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER] IF YOU NAMED YOUR COUNTRY AFTER ME.

BRADEN. YOU MAY USE THE LETTERS OF POWER WHENEVER YOU LIKE. IT IS QUITE INVIGORATING.

HA!

SAM

braden Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 1:41:55

HA!

WHO NEEDS A THERAPIST? THIS IS WHY GOD GAVE US THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON. I USUALLY NEVER CAPITALIZE A SINGLE WORD IN MY POSTS.

THIS IS RATHER ENJOYABLE, BUT NOT TO OVERDO MYSELF I THINK I'LL USE IT SPARINGLY

I WAS GOING TO MIMIC YOUR SIGNATURE, AS WELL, BUT DECIDED AGAINST IT, I'D ALREADY BORROWED YOUR HA! (TWICE NOW)

braden Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 1:43:08

MY ALL SMALL LETTERS NAME RUINS IT, MY APOLOGIES :(

archaic Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 2:02:38

Nah, you're a grower, not a shower

braden Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 2:16:39

HA!

IT WOULD APPEAR I WALKED RIGHT INTO THAT, ARCHAIC. THANK YOU FOR TAKING IT EASY ON ME. IT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN FAR WORSE!

(THRICE NOW, IF I KEEP IT UP I'LL FEEL OBLIGATED TO PAY ROYALTIES!)

dex Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 4:04:37

IS SUCH A THING EVEN POSSIBLE?

YES IT IS.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 6:45:41

DEAR braden,
ONE MINOR POINT OF BLINDING RAGE. WE AT THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! FIND THE USE OF THE CAPS LOCK KEY INFURIATING. THE STANDARDS OF THE HIGH SPEECH DICTATE THAT THE LETTERS OF POWER BE FORMED BY TYPING WITH ONE OR BOTH PINKIE FINGERS DEPRESSING A SHIFT KEY. NOT ONLY IS THIS RIGHT AND PROPER, YOU ALSO DEVELOP REALLY STRONG PINKIE FINERS AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THAT IS GOING TO COME IN HANDY, LIKE WHEN YOU ARE CARRYING A METRIC fluffTON OF GROCERY BAGS IN FROM THE MINIVAN AND ARE DETERMINED TO DO IT ALL IN ONE TRIP!

BILL
MINISTER OF PRODUCE AND GRAMMAR

Frodo Game profile

Oct 28th 2012, 8:01:02

My favorite "epsiode" or whatever on the History Channel is when they were talking about humans landing on..... MARS!!!!! and living there... They were literally talking about stuff that hasnt happened yet!!!!! Then later they decided to talk about how there are different dimensions and how if you are on a higher dimension than something else you can see and hear it.... BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HISTORY!!!!! But the funniest part was some scientist guy basically said it doesnt matter BECAUSE WE CANT GO TO A DIFFERENT DIMENSION!!!! SO they wasted like 15 min talking about something that will never happen and something we will never find out since it is impossible.... *facepalm*

Erian Game profile

Oct 28th 2012, 10:07:31

BONUS POST! (WRITTEN USING SHIFT KEY)

Vamps Game profile

Oct 29th 2012, 23:33:20

ALSO BONUS POST! (WRITTEN USING SHIFT KEY AND PINKY FINGER)

archaic Game profile

Oct 30th 2012, 1:22:38

The combined might of the pinky fingers of the AT community will be a force to be reckoned with someday. I hope that we use our power wisely.