Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2012, 6:47:55

Just wondering, its an awesome feeling that you don't depend on another person for an essential part of life, best part IMO is your wifey can't use "im not cooking tonight" as a weapon, haha.

I've really grown to enjoy cooking, i learned a lot from my grandparents, they really enjoy cooking and were creative in the kitchen :)

Hooray for cooking!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

iNouda Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 7:57:20

I can cook...some stuff. But what I make is rarely "good" as in awesome. It's just meh. As long as it's edible!

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 7:59:02

At times i feel like I should've gone into the culinary arts. I enjoy cooking and I've been told I'm quite good at it.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2012, 8:21:10

Is quite good on a grill:)

and I also do the majority of my families cooking too:)
Z is #1

Marco Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 9:06:40

I should win an award for my cooking

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 9:14:31

i can't grow it or raise it in my apartment, so i don't think that i'm doing the essential part when it comes to feeding my face. probably not even allowed to slaughter it here.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Flamey Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 11:06:55

I like chilli

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 21st 2012, 12:22:47

Cooking/baking is great. It was also a way for me to pick up chicks:P
I can also do laundry and all the other household chores, but then I grew up in a house where my parents pretty much did most household tasks interchangealbly so for me this wasn't weird.

Having said that, my wife *really* likes cooking so since I've been married I"ve almost exclusively only been making breakfasts but meh:P... I can make really good tasting, but incredibly bad for you pancakes btw:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 15:16:35

i do all the cooking for my wife, son and i. i enjoy it at tmes but there are a few nights of the week where my son goes into picky mode, and then im like "No soup for you"..seinfeld reference for some that didnt know.

I still call on my Dad from time to time for certain recipes(especially for deer meat related stuffs), eventhough as a kid he never cooked. My mom did it all, but since my sister and I moved out and he is now retired, so has more time i suppose. but i guess it makes him feel good to know he still helping me out, even after i have my own family now.
The Death Knights

XI

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 21st 2012, 15:40:47

I do all the cooking in my place as well; i like good food (especially thai!) and try to expand my menu as much as possible heh
Finally did the signature thing.

Chadius Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 16:56:47

Before I went to school for my current career, I was dead set on being a chef. I just couldn't come up with cash for a school in New York....that I thought I "had" to go to. Little did I know, one of the best ways to be a chef is to just get in the field and go to school at the same time. So it's not about the school basically.

But to your original question, I love to cook. My grandma and mom would teach me things constantly as a kid. When I got older, I have been practicing bolder techniques. I actually was thinking of trying out for Masterchef. :P

Best things I cook? Risotto, Tiramisu, and a mean homemade ravioli. I want to master beef wellington, other deserts, and more food types from other countries.

Sorry for the long response, but my passion is cooking, and I love to watch the food network and any shows that are about cooking. (i.e. masterchef, hells kitchen, etc)
LAF

Sublime Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 17:07:48

A man's meal is too serious to leave to a girl to cook, unless she is WELL trusted! As we speak, I'm thawing some venison tenderloin and getting ready to marinate it and cook with some wild rice.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 18:09:40

I'm not allowed to cook.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

PaceBooM Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 18:16:17

Mashed potatoes topped with 3 sunny sideup eggs and spinache.
My dish every other day.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2012, 18:24:45

Haha, good stuff, fellas!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

zygotic Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 18:37:11

I'm no stranger to the kitchen. Always been cooking just stuff for the family nothing fancy. My best meal is chicken balti

Soultaker

Oct 21st 2012, 18:43:32

I love to cook, as my dad wasn't there and my mom hat to work i learned it by myself and i have some great recipies that i do for friends and family :P

elvesrus

Oct 21st 2012, 22:15:33

Originally posted by Chadius:
Before I went to school for my current career, I was dead set on being a chef. I just couldn't come up with cash for a school in New York....that I thought I "had" to go to. Little did I know, one of the best ways to be a chef is to just get in the field and go to school at the same time. So it's not about the school basically.

was the school in new york CIA? I was looking at going to the napa valley location
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Oceana Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 22:21:46

most nights... Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, and some veg tonight meat just went in the oven

kangaruu

Oct 21st 2012, 22:25:31

Yes, I am the cook of the family... and I love to cook (alton brown and bobby flay are my idols) but I'll be lucky if when my wife has to cook that she can make kraft mac and cheese and be edible =D

ZIP Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 22:33:09

I do 90 % of the cooking in my 4 person household
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

iScode Game profile

Oct 21st 2012, 22:35:28

i cook, its barely edidble but i take my turn in the flat.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Chadius Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 2:21:50

Elverus: Yes it is. The Napa valley school would be a nice location. Been thru there once and it really scenic.

Kangaruu: Alton Brown is the stuff. He is hella technical about cooking and funny in a nerdy way. :P
LAF

bertz Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 10:58:06

I fry and have convinced myself that I'm good at cooking. lol

ELDrifty Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 11:15:05

It's my job, but I find that cooking for friends and family makes me happier though.
Survival of the Fittest/Illuminati X

Sir Balin Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 13:48:18

I'm the primary cook in my house as well. I try to eat local and organic as much as possible, but I don't obsess over it. I have an fairly epic spice collection and an herb garden. I love hot peppers.

llaar Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 13:49:29

i like cooking

i mainly just eat meat when i cook

lunch i use for veggies

archaic Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 22:30:37

Momma would not have let me leave home without knowing the basics of kitchencraft. However, my wife is a serious foody, so I mostly stay out of her way.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Soultaker

Oct 22nd 2012, 22:32:41

i like to drink more :)))

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 23:14:58

i only nuke. figure it's more efficient for them to cook it first. probably cost me $5 in energy per meal for me to cook it from scratch. no clue.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Cabrito Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 1:16:37

Originally posted by iNouda:
I can cook...some stuff. But what I make is rarely "good" as in awesome. It's just meh. As long as it's edible!

Thats me. But about all I can cook is hotdogs and some other things. But I also hate cooking too. I get bored to easy.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

Cabrito Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 1:21:00

Oh and btw I am old school so to me a women belongs in the kitchen men belong on the coach watching the ball game (or in my case most of the time playing video games).

But like I said I get bored to easy and if it dont interest me like watching the ball game, video games or sex I want nothing to do with it.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

incin22 Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 1:56:44

I love cooking, and have cooked since I was 10 years old.

If you want to dress to impress, try out this recipe. It's my go-to for dinner parties

http://www.nytimes.com/...With-White-Bolognese.html

If you try it, I would double or even triple the Mirepoix (celery, onion, carrot base). Also describe with that word, cause boy does THAT impress

Tin Man

Oct 23rd 2012, 2:20:48

I just tried a toasted peanut butter, fudge and cream cheese sandwich... I have to say I am impressed by how delicious it is. Might help that I'm kinda sorta baked myself =/

Sublime Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 3:01:13

That sounds like the ultimate stoner sandwich...

incin22 Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 3:53:06

If you want an easy, delicious and nutritious sandwich, get some Trader Joes raw almond butter. You can get creamy or crunchy, but I prefer creamy because its easier to spread since you refrigerate the almond butter (not the only reason, or the most important). To add crunch, I use a bag of crushed raw almonds. Why you say? Because you get to smash things and we don't get to do that other than in video games! This process makes the whole experience cheaper, because the crushed almonds add nutrients and bulk to the sandwich while costing less than the butter itself. And it makes it cooking, kind of. Aftermy smashing fest, I put the bag in the fridge in tuperware and it's good for many many sandwiches.

Use whatever Jelly you want. I find it kicks ass with grape jelly.
Toast your bread if you like, but its also good not toasted.

(protip! don't refrigerate bread, but freeze it! Refrigeration zaps out some of the nutrients while freezing just preserves it like an ice man.)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2012, 3:53:33

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
I'm the primary cook in my house as well. I try to eat local and organic as much as possible, but I don't obsess over it. I have an fairly epic spice collection and an herb garden. I love hot peppers.

Haha, i have pepper fever lol, have you tried the mango/havanero pepper salsa? Its frkn AWESOME!
(•_•)

Wharfed

Oct 23rd 2012, 4:11:09

the microwave counts right?
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

alexbajd Game profile

Oct 23rd 2012, 4:13:57

My wife has a great many awesome qualities but, sadly, she can't cook worth a damn. I love to cook, however, probably because -- unlike her -- I love to eat really tasty stuff (she has always been more of a "food is fuel" kind of person). As a result, I am able to cook a lot of meals that make guests say "wow!" :) (What I never admit is that sometimes the "secret ingredient" that makes dishes so smooth and flavorful is either butter or lard. Shhhh!)

My kids howl with disappointment whenever my wife offers to take a turn in the kitchen. To be fair, though, she has always cheerfully done the dishes.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.

Cabrito Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 5:27:19

Originally posted by Wharfed:
the microwave counts right?

It has to cause thats about the only way I will cook lol.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

santti Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 6:49:41

cooking is basic skill you need to have
SanttiE is here again!

Unsympathetic Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 10:30:42

I like to cook without a recipe, to figure out what tastes good on my own. For example you'll almost never find a recipe for thai curry that includes honey, but I'll never make curry without it.

Helmet Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 10:50:39

I am capable of cooking, but don't enjoy it, which is a large step up from my father who would make me "grilled" cheese sandwiches in the microwave.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 26th 2012, 13:19:38

don't diss microwave grilled cheese. I still do that when I"m feeling lazy:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Sir Balin Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 18:03:14

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Haha, i have pepper fever lol, have you tried the mango/havanero pepper salsa? Its frkn AWESOME!

i ate fresh, raw habaneros for the first time this summer. a spiritual experience of sorts.

at one point this summer i had the following in my fridge:
fresh habanero, cayenne, serrano, cherry peppers, super ripe poblano (amazing), piquin, jalapeno, green chilies, and dried dundicut (amazing). let's just say my sinuses stayed clear all summer.

Trixx Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 18:06:57

I did a year+ as a cook at an upscale steakhouse here in NYC before moving on to management of FOH. Let's just say I still spin out an amazing wild mushroom and butternut squash risotto sometimes :)
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Sir Balin Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 18:11:40

which is less stressful, FOH or kitchen?

Trixx Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 18:24:33

That is a tough call. They are both pretty hectic in different ways. I suppose it depends on your chef for BOH and your service staff for FOH. We don't have many problems where I'm at, so most of my stress comes from keeping the place running
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2012, 19:20:13

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

i ate fresh, raw habaneros for the first time this summer. a spiritual experience of sorts.

at one point this summer i had the following in my fridge:
fresh habanero, cayenne, serrano, cherry peppers, super ripe poblano (amazing), piquin, jalapeno, green chilies, and dried dundicut (amazing). let's just say my sinuses stayed clear all summer.

Good stuff!, i like that salsa so much im pondering on the idea of making my own, i have this recipe for roasted bells and jalapeño sauce on olive oil that is the bomb :)
(•_•)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 27th 2012, 18:38:16

homemade salsa is win and very easy to make, especially if you have a food processor:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )