Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 15th 2012, 3:36:13

Hi

I haven't really been following FFA over the last 8-10 months (sorry! been busy) and when Boxcar was created, FFA was dead and gone with no prospect of resurrection. So I didn't consider FFA at all as I created the game (even though there was a FFA server TC was running). As such, I'm curious what sort of hosting site features would be beneficial for FFA'ers.

I ask this because there is some preliminary work being done on new boxcar stuff and I'm nearly at the point where I will start designing the country ownership stuff. I'm making that a lot more robust and it prompted me to think about FFA. Here are a few things I am thinking already:
- Ability to claim multiple countries and have tools interact with them seamlessly. This is the one item I know FFA'ers definitely want.
- When countries are created, have the game send a signal to Boxcar to auto-update country numbers (this would be available for all clan servers, not just FFA)
- Some kind of way to see how your countries are interconnected in-game via pacts. I'm not sure of the best way to do this, but I'm envisioning some kind of graph structure using nodes with lines denoting who is pacted to who and a colour coded line scheme to show the type of pact.

That's all I got so far.

Your constructive input is appreciated. Thanks!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 4:17:01

u want to help ffa?

go back to the old kill code

if u wont do that, bring back the ability to spy kill.

The Death Knights

XI

iwar Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 4:20:16

sounds great :)
)-} Killin is like my THING )-}

(I watch you as you are sleeping) HOW CUTE ;P

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 4:20:28

but anything that offers features to help manage 16 countries is a win
The Death Knights

XI

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 15th 2012, 6:52:38

the ability to add groups of untagged countries to the kill/enemy list without needing to go to each and manually do it.

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pain Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 6:57:29

how about a tool to search for a country based on its starting acreage?
Your mother is a nice woman

PapaSmurf Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 8:07:27

-look at your clans country list and it shows who is playing what country

-Members list - If person has been logged in in the 24 hours put last visit as green, if in the last 72 hours put last visit in yellow. More than 72 hours put last visit in red.

-Ability to send message by division. Also, by level. Instead of click each person or a way to save a group of people.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 11:14:42

ability to upload all 16 self ops to classroom not just 1.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dragon Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 11:24:25

Originally posted by Marshal:
ability to upload all 16 self ops to classroom not just 1.

+1

NightShade

Oct 15th 2012, 12:00:20

=Game-play Related=
+ Allow users to list, sort or cycle through all sixteen countries of theirs in the Portal
+ Display users Total Land, Avg. Land, Total Networth, Avg. Networth, and Highest ranked country insite.
+ Display total and average per country, per set, player attacks, grabs and kills insite.

=Graphics/Design Related=
+ Fix the ability to use custom index pages again.
+ Allow more customization of Boxcar sites.
+ Fix the issue with the sites not displaying pictures uploaded.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Marshal Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 18:53:53

last error is related to capped letters, current boxcar kinda hates capped letters in urls.

and related to smurf's post that should apply to advisor too, green <3 days, yellow <7 days and beyond that red.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

ZIP Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 20:11:23

naw 72h yellow - just close to turns running over
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 15th 2012, 21:25:57

when claiming multiple countries, maybe allow for a few varieties of list input (comma separated, \n separated, etc) to claim in bulk

Tin Man

Oct 15th 2012, 22:19:52

Originally posted by NightShade:
=Game-play Related=
+ Allow users to list, sort or cycle through all sixteen countries of theirs in the Portal
+ Display users Total Land, Avg. Land, Total Networth, Avg. Networth, and Highest ranked country insite.
+ Display total and average per country, per set, player attacks, grabs and kills insite.

they're called divisions you nub!

Someway to tell which countries are at max C:C DR for the set
Accurate Market Info

Twain Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 22:47:38

Honestly, just being able to manage 16 is a big boon for those clans running on boxcar.

The LaE sites and the PANLV site have some awesome features (or planned features in many cases on the PANLV site, DAMN YOU POKEY!) and it's be awesome to have more easily usable and easily editable target lists and such, as well as destocking tools.

The other thing would be the rankings NightShade brings up, which is one of the things I like that we have on the PANLV site (Thanks Pokey!)

Tin Man

Oct 15th 2012, 23:41:39

there ya go Pang, just hack into the Pan site and steal all of their ideas =D

kemo Game profile

Oct 15th 2012, 23:53:16

allow pages for threads. the long ass ones just aint happening on a phone
all praised to ra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 15th 2012, 23:54:50

Obviously FFA is the red headed stepchild, that's why you "really haven't followed FFA", no?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

kemo Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 0:00:11

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Obviously FFA is the red headed stepchild, that's why you "really haven't followed FFA", no?

irrelevant right now. hes actually asking so just give ideas and hope for the best
all praised to ra

ZIP Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 0:31:40

ya shut up -

with the new C:C changes ways to track that would be great
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2012, 0:46:45

/me shuts up.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 16th 2012, 5:35:16

thx for the suggestion, guys

and btw, current boxcar had great destocking tools but they were too powerful so i turned them off.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

ZIP Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 12:58:23

How can it be too powerful

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 16th 2012, 17:18:30

because it would essentially do your destock for you, you just had to read when it said to start destocking given your land/stockpile/money/etc.

pang, another thought, claiming a country range (100-116) instead of individual entries would probably also be handy.

Tin Man

Oct 17th 2012, 4:36:08

lmao @ azz, you know how easily that is accomplished with Excel?

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 6:58:16

an online feature,so i dont have to waste turns killing someone online from a fluff internet connection!!!
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2012, 7:00:46

Yeah, Excel is good for lots of fluff...

But why don't you just read his first post, you will probably not even have to claim your countries...

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 17th 2012, 13:47:11

tin man, i'm aware of how easy that is, but this was built in :P even easier

whooze, i don't know who you are, but if you read his first post you'd see

- Ability to claim multiple countries and have tools interact with them seamlessly. This is the one item I know FFA'ers definitely want.

which means that this

- When countries are created, have the game send a signal to Boxcar to auto-update country numbers (this would be available for all clan servers, not just FFA)

is not necessarily the be-all end-all.

why don't *you* read his first post :P

also that's not constructive so i'm gonna quit responding as such :p bad azz *scolds self*

QM Diver Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 8:31:24

Good suggestions guys..
Thanks for thinking of us.. :O)

To have the things fixed that don't work, from the time that TC prick fluffed things up for many, would be sweet..
There's links I don't even bother clicking anymore cuz they dont do diddly... :o(

'Members list - If person has been logged in in the 24 hours put last visit as green, if in the last 72 hours put last visit in yellow. More than 72 hours put last visit in red..'

Maybe give an 'auto atta boy' option to those who keep green for an extended time. (Green being an option of time that can be set, yellow..) And a GTFO message if they haven't logged in after an amount of time, all of which could be set by the admin insite.

I've been playing War Commander. I'm in a big clan, who have fluff, via clan organisation.. Simply put, that place needs a Boxcar set up for that game.. I still wanna see Earth Empires, working separately, yet together with Facebook...
If we don't do something soon, this game will soon be remembered as some other 'has been' things... Like, that rubber bag with the tubing attached, that used to hang from your parents' shower curtain.. ;o) Unlike that, I'd like to see this game take off, causing people to wanna play every
The user interface and graphics might be a huge problem? I don't know a thing about that..

Well, I'll think about Boxcar some more and see if I have any worthy suggestions too..
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

synoder Game profile

Oct 18th 2012, 9:36:04

rubber bag with tubing attached? sounds like something fishy was going on over there. lol