Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Oct 6th 2012, 16:25:33

Mountaineers!

I say WVU hangs at least 50 on Texas this evening.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 6th 2012, 16:53:47

texas by 6
The Death Knights

XI

Dragon Game profile

Oct 6th 2012, 17:25:14

WVU are 7 point dogs. Probably based on their (lack of) Defense. But Oklahoma State put up almost 600 yards on Texas last week ad WVU's offense is better IMO.

Gonna be exciting.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 6th 2012, 23:48:15

florida pulled the upset over lsu

stanford game was a good one too
The Death Knights

XI

Gmann03 Game profile

Oct 7th 2012, 2:44:35

48 TO 45 WV wins
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Mars UP Game profile

Oct 7th 2012, 2:50:40

I'm just glad Texas A&M pulled a rabbit out of its ass and beat ole miss.

Dragon Game profile

Oct 7th 2012, 3:00:03

I was really surprised at Iowa State beating TCU. Since WVU is in the Big 12 now, I'm trying to follow the teams in that conference. Seems like maybe TCU was getting too many props.

texhomastud Game profile

Oct 7th 2012, 3:43:11

Originally posted by Dragon:
I was really surprised at Iowa State beating TCU. Since WVU is in the Big 12 now, I'm trying to follow the teams in that conference. Seems like maybe TCU was getting too many props.

TCU starting QB was suspended for game,thats why they lost

My Longhorns got beat--I thought our D would be better than that

The Big12 will take turns beating each other up all season

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 8th 2012, 17:11:24

Originally posted by Dragon:

ames is an interesting town to live in right now, i had no idea their team was worth a damn, but they've had a real good couple of seasons since i've been out here
i'd like to take credit for it, but i sure wasn't doing georgia tech any good while i was there, so i guess it's something else :\

Dragon Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 17:28:23

LOL

Dragon Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 17:41:22

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
ames is an interesting town to live in right now, i had no idea their team was worth a damn, but they've had a real good couple of seasons since i've been out here
i'd like to take credit for it, but i sure wasn't doing georgia tech any good while i was there, so i guess it's something else :\

Well, the Geno Smith Aerial Circus is visiting Ames the day after Thanksgiving.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 8th 2012, 17:43:56

what the hell is that

Dragon Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 17:51:10

WVU plays Iowa State in Ames on 11/23.

Geno Smith is WVU's QB. And unless he totally screws the pooch will likely win the Heisman Trophy. I was being colorful and descriptive. It's much more fun.

Edited By: Dragon on Oct 8th 2012, 17:55:33
See Original Post

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 17:59:25

Dragon, I am in Ames for training at the moment. people are talking about it already.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 8th 2012, 18:03:39

aah. the day after thanksgiving i will likely be passed out from turkey intake. plus i'll be prepping for watching tech (hopefully) stomp uga. *sigh*

Dragon Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 18:20:05

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
Dragon, I am in Ames for training at the moment. people are talking about it already.

It will be a HUGE deal if WVU can knock off K State in 2 weeks and then Oklahoma prior to the Iowa State game.

This is VERY new for WVU. For years, we played in the Big East. A Bog East that lost teams like Boston College, Virginia Tech and Miami to the ACC. Last few years haven't really meant a lot.

Now we're in the Big 12 and even with Mizzou, Texas A&M, and Nebraska leaving, it's still a FAR stronger conference than the Big East.

Dragon Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 15:47:10

Last week it was Texas. WVU hooked the Horns. This week, the Geno Smith Aerial circus will be setting off air raid sirens in Lubbock as we try to Wreck Tech.

Again, prolly whoever has the ball last will win the game. Another shootout in the making.

WVU - 56
Tech - 52

Twain Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 15:52:52

It's so friggin' bizarre how West Virginia is in the Big 12. I hate conference realignment.

Having said that, I find it amusing that a school from the relatively weak Big East comes over to the Big 12 and is working all these Big 12 teams that are so historically great.

Raging Budda Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 17:05:49

The WVU win is now becoming not as big. OU is trashing Texas right now.
Your base is mine!

Dragon Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 17:27:07

@Twain - WVU didn't have the Football Program they have now even 2 years ago. I mean, we whooped the SEC in a couple Sugar Bowls and humiliated OU in the Fiesta Bowl, but last year was the first year we had a program that could be competitive in a conference like the Big 12. You got a glimpse of what was coming in the Orange Bowl when we hung 70 on Clemson.

And to think. The SEC voted against offering a spot to WVU. Probably because we freakin PWN them in BCS Bowl games.

@Raging Budda - Assuming we handle Tech today, and K State wins, that sets up a game ext week in Morgantown featuring 2 top 5 (or top 10 depending on what poll you look at) undefeated teams.

Being PAST Texas now, I'm good with OU trashing them because when when they come to Morgantown,we will be playing a HUGE game in terms of BCS rankings if they win out until then.

Besides, the polls and BCS rate teams on who they defeat that particular week in terms of assessing rankings. Since it's not retroactive, Texas can lose every remaining game and it doesn't matter.

Actually, all that matters is that WVU wins every week. I don't believe there's a defense in the Big 12 that can shut down WVU's offense or keep them under 40 points even. We'll see.

Oct 13th 2012, 19:16:46

@Dragon Granted, the WVU - KSU game might decide the Big 12 (10) this year with a second to the WVU - OU game in November. But you are mistaken in how some computers work. Some coumputers work how you say (Billsingley) but others like Wes Colley, and Anderson and Hestor are impacted by the future performace of teams you beat. Plus, some human pollsters (not all) also rightfully take into account the evolving nature of teams.

Your base is mine!

archaic Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 19:24:32

The Mounties and KSU are both in the north, so if WVU wins that game, the eers will likely get to beat the sooners twice.

Dragon, as a fellow WVian, you are underselling the Mountaineers, with the exception of the Bill Stewert debacle, they have had a team that could compete with the big boys for a long time.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Oct 13th 2012, 19:41:15

@archaic there are no divisons in the big 12 this year.
Your base is mine!

Twain Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 20:06:39

I think Dragon's point on Texas being thrashed by Texas might have been that WVU and OU will play in the future anyway. So if OU thrashes Texas, and Texas drops down in the computer polls, it only serves to build OU up, and if WVU beats OU, they'll basically get credit for a more substantial win there.

But perhaps I'm putting words in his mouth. Either way though, if WVU can handle their business and beat OU, it probably is inconsequential to their overall rankings what happens in the OU/Texas game.

archaic Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 21:34:57

well, overlooking texas tech and getting beat down by an unranked team probably makesmost of the wvu talk moot

sigh, soooo typical for the eers
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2012, 21:53:43

Go Ducks!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Twain Game profile

Oct 13th 2012, 23:48:55

yeah, I just saw the headline on ESPN and felt the need to check in here.

They could still potentially win the Big 12, I assume, but any chance at a national title (which certainly has to be in the team's heads as the 5th ranked team and a top team in the Big 12) are gone.

Dragon Game profile

Oct 14th 2012, 12:50:08

That was bad. No disrespect to Texas Tech, but WVU couldn't have stopped a clock if they had their hands on the plug yesterday.

I didn't like the play calling either, but compared to an utter lack of defense (which the whole country knew about already), that was small taters. Just an abysmal performance.