Verified:

Drow Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 12:53:11

Due to the recent attack upon Paradigm's boxcar site, I have decided that Earth is no longer a game where I want to spend my time. It is no longer fun to play, and doubly so when forum and site hackings become the norm, and are considered acceptable behaviour by anyone.
There's a lot of people out there I respect and like a great deal who are still playing, and my advice to you guys is to get out while you can.
Pang, thank you for extending earth that little bit longer, and giving some of us sentimental old poogs a little longer to play, but the actions by recent players in terms of hackings etc, indicate that it might be time to completely pull the plug. I will hang around the PDM boards, and I will aid the investigation into who brought our forums down to the best of my ability, but I am done playing.
Thank you all for the years of enjoyment I have had out of this game, both good times and bad.
I will try and say hi to people every now and again.
If you actively want to find me, look on WoW for Moodknight/Mooadin on the frostmourne server, or for Thatperthguy on World of Tanks. They are the two places you will most likely find me.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

XiQter MD Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 12:56:37

:(

Boltar Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 13:01:59

did the police give up when the woman said the dingo ate my baby u silly aussie bastard.. dont give up now!

TheMatrix

Sep 25th 2012, 13:02:13

Drow, I hope you do choose to reconsider. I have volunteered my abilities to Pang and would like to take an active role in helping to secure earth/boxcar against these types of attacks.

While this really sucks, it is fixable. Sadly, there will always be people that use nefarious means to further their goals, if there weren't I wouldn't have a job, but in my opinion the answer is to limit those means and make it more difficult for these people.

Drow Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 13:07:20

Matrix: whether it is fixable or not is irrelevant. The fact remains that some people have become so desperate in this game to resort to this kind of bullfluff for whatever reason, and when it's gotten to that stage, it's not worth the good people spending the time on it anymore. Instead of being a game about politics, and having fun, and taking it to the battlefield, it's all about petty grudges, backstabbing and using all means neccessary no matter how cheap or pathetic. The honour and pride are gone, and with those gone, there's no point in continuing.

archaic Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 13:28:52

+1
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 25th 2012, 13:53:58

Some people or alliances have never had honor and pride in there existence in this game. Same can be said in RL. So do you rage quit in RL when RL screws ya? Nope. Tis life. Always expect the worst, and youll never get burned.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Sir Balin Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 13:57:57

peeeeeace i'm out

TNTroXxor Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 14:23:03

lotsa rage quitting.. and with it whoever hacked it got what they wanted..

just stick around. you dont see EE staff rage quitting when this game was hacked.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

QM Diver Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 14:44:39

Sad.. :o(
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Drow Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 14:59:07

So we should just accept hacking as normal then? I'm sorry, but I won'ty be a party to, nor play a game where that's the level it is degenerating to.

ninong Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 15:03:15

hacker wins this time.
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

TAN Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 15:16:59

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:
lotsa rage quitting.. and with it whoever hacked it got what they wanted..

just stick around. you dont see EE staff rage quitting when this game was hacked.

If you think people are "ragequitting" only because we were hacked, then you really have no idea how decrepit things have really gotten.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 25th 2012, 15:19:28

Originally posted by Drow:
So we should just accept hacking as normal then? I'm sorry, but I won'ty be a party to, nor play a game where that's the level it is degenerating to.

Unfortunately, hacking exists on the internet and is not only centered around EE. So you shouldn't be a part of many things on the net then.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

UBer Bu Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 15:41:45

There's a big difference between being a victim of a hack, e.g. having your CC stolen from some big corporation, and being the specific target of a hack.
-take off every sig.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2012, 15:47:49

Please do not quit,
quitting only motivates the people who do this to do it more.

Thanks,

Servant
Z is #1

TAN Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 16:25:02

Let them do it more. They can play alone.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Sep 25th 2012, 16:34:34

blah...hope who ever did this really enjoys playing in a small sand box. This did not happen to me but a game society can get someone to quit. To be honest I might be joining Drow over this. If anyone thinks it will just stop at PDM your either naive or to stupid to realize that they are the victim but if they were not here it would have been someone else. Like I said whoever you are I hope you enjoy your smaller sandbox.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

trumper Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 17:29:07

Pang suggested I quit and I haven't so if you quit than you're killing the equilibrium here. Don't quit.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 25th 2012, 18:13:13

:( Sorry to hear this Drow. I understand your reasons. In the meantime I am going to add you on WoW and WoT :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 18:41:44

he will be back, this game is like, meth, crack and heroin in the same pipe! HAve fun bro!

paladin Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 19:00:21

galli you play wot?

If so, you should stop by here and fill out an applicaton:

http://www.vorbildpanzergruppe.com/
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 25th 2012, 19:09:41

Sweet I am bringing Soviet too :P

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

paladin Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 19:30:35

YAY!!!!
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Zahc Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 19:50:33

Peace bro. I agree with you everyone needs to quit this game
llort orp s`fos

prank

Sep 26th 2012, 0:09:40

This tactic has been around in earth for what... the past 4 or 5 years (prob longer) to get members to quit? You are only doing exactly what they wanted you to do.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 0:14:08

Due to the recent attack upon Paradigm's boxcar site, I have decided that Earth is no longer a game where I want to spend my time. It is no longer fun to play, and doubly so when forum and site hackings become the norm, and are considered acceptable behaviour by anyone.
There's a lot of people out there I respect and like a great deal who are still playing, and my advice to you guys is to get out while you can.
Pang, thank you for extending earth that little bit longer, and giving some of us sentimental old poogs a little longer to play, but the actions by recent players in terms of hackings etc, indicate that it might be time to completely pull the plug. I will hang around the PDM boards, and I will aid the investigation into who brought our forums down to the best of my ability, but I am done playing.
Thank you all for the years of enjoyment I have had out of this game, both good times and bad.
I will try and say hi to people every now and again.
If you actively want to find me, look on WoW for Moodknight/Mooadin on the frostmourne server, or for Thatperthguy on World of Tanks. They are the two places you will most likely find me.

May you have nice day, Twit.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Sep 26th 2012, 0:15:13

you wouldn't have happened to have Senate level access, now would you have had?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2012, 0:17:07

Bye Drow, this is a mighty convenient reason to play more WoW :p

Stop by once in a while an post something!

Sep 26th 2012, 0:20:05

could've just manned up and suicided on SoL...

Alana Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 0:27:46

lol @ trumper
Alana
LCN Peon

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 0:43:21

i didn't know this many people played WoT

Sep 26th 2012, 0:47:35

i still ain't heard about how many times this has happened in the past to boxcar users...

Sep 26th 2012, 0:56:58

Drow, you are full of crap. you find a decent reason to quit the game that doesn't place the blame on Pang.

Sep 26th 2012, 1:12:08

who gains most for this? Drow.
Who has Senate level access? Drow.
Who wants to leave Earth Empires? Drow.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 26th 2012, 1:23:37

Originally posted by Trife:

Are you playing Trife?

Sep 26th 2012, 1:25:28

no, honestly, i'd stick around if it wasn't for all the bass turds that have numerously and repeatedly hacked boxcar to detah.

Ruthie

Sep 26th 2012, 1:26:30

Originally posted by trumper:
Pang suggested I quit and I haven't so if you quit than you're killing the equilibrium here. Don't quit.

Pang wants me to quit too.

Hell, if all us ole foggies quit, whats left lol
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

crest23 Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 1:29:47

1. There was a hacking?

2. $10 says Seth is responsible for it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

locket Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 1:33:35

No offense but no one seems to think hacking is normal or acceptable and since that is one of your main reasons for quitting in that post I do urge you to reconsider. fluff hackers. Don't let them get their way. A better fluff you to hackers is to keep enjoying yourself in PDM and come back stronger next set.

bertz Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 2:03:26

Blizzard has been hacked several times but that's no good reason to stop playing WOW or D3.

Don't quit and let's fluff the hackers.

Drow Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 2:10:52

Dibs: I'm not out to place the blame on Pang at all. I have in no way accused pang of this. I am staying around long enough to help get to the bottom of the situation. I also thanked pang for the chance to be able to play that bit longer after omac shut us down.
I do have senate access for the record, but pang and tan can confirm that it was not my account that was hacked. we aready know whose account was used.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 26th 2012, 2:12:23

Originally posted by Boltar:
did the police give up when the woman said the dingo ate my baby u silly aussie bastard.. dont give up now!

That couple (who have been divorced for years now) actually just got that conviction overturned a few months back. The Aussie government has decided that a dingo actually did eat their baby.

Drow Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 2:12:44

locket: so why is it happening more and more in earth? I feel that walking away completely is a bigger fluff you to the hacker than staying. in staying I say to the hacker that "your actions are acceptable by proxy". in leaving, I am leaving that hacker to play all by himself. games like this aren't fun when there's no one else to challenge your skill against.

locket Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 2:19:08

locket: so why is it happening more and more in earth? I feel that walking away completely is a bigger fluff you to the hacker than staying. in staying I say to the hacker that "your actions are acceptable by proxy". in leaving, I am leaving that hacker to play all by himself. games like this aren't fun when there's no one else to challenge your skill against.

It isn't happening more. You don't think hacking happened back in old earth? This is the first actual hacking thing that I know of in EE as the DM/Hanlong and any others were not hacking exactly. I personally think this is almost the best time to be in the game in the last year.

Laf/Sof/Sol/Evo etc are all at their friendliest in over a year. With the hacking that has happened you have had people from multiple alliances supporting you and if you needed help I am sure any would offer it. PDM has a good chance to net next set if you avoid conflicts as any netting clan has to do and I am sure you'd enjoy being a part of that more.

fluffing PDM got botted in old earth dude. Entire clans(Arrow/Sof) got run off the game by cheaters. This is a much more healthy environment than it used to be. Still lots of toxic left but lots of reasonableness too.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 3:21:16

Originally posted by Trife:

Just not YOU!!!
You lazy pank

Mr Snow

Sep 26th 2012, 5:38:44

Have fun in those other games, Drow. Personally, I think you're right.

dLpLow Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 9:14:53

Originally posted by locket:

It isn't happening more. You don't think hacking happened back in old earth? This is the first actual hacking thing that I know of in EE as the DM/Hanlong and any others were not hacking exactly. I personally think this is almost the best time to be in the game in the last year.

Laf/Sof/Sol/Evo etc are all at their friendliest in over a year. With the hacking that has happened you have had people from multiple alliances supporting you and if you needed help I am sure any would offer it. PDM has a good chance to net next set if you avoid conflicts as any netting clan has to do and I am sure you'd enjoy being a part of that more.

fluffing PDM got botted in old earth dude. Entire clans(Arrow/Sof) got run off the game by cheaters. This is a much more healthy environment than it used to be. Still lots of toxic left but lots of reasonableness too.

i agree actually.....freaking ride the wave drow. you know i love all yea at PDM ride it out figure this fluff out get the person/persons and see whats going on. yea know? deal with it the manly way.......

WoW and WoT? hmmm gonna check them out now....if i enjoy might loose me to those games....hahahaha yea right...earth is my home :P
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

Drow Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 10:35:19

I'm not saying it hasn't happened in the past, but I don't agree the game is the healthiest it has been in a long time.

Sep 26th 2012, 11:11:29

is it possible for Senate level members to change other member's passwords?

PDM got hacked, or PDM is suffering from an internal power struggle? hmm, i wonder.