Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 19th 2012, 17:54:16

http://jezebel.com/...the-rise-of-the-needy-man

"Pundits across the political spectrum have embraced Rosin's basic thesis: boys and men are falling behind academically and professionally because guys are less "flexible" than women, less capable of adapting rapidly to an economy that's increasingly "indifferent to brawn."

I'd love to see the reaction on Jezebel if a reason was given why women don't achieve as well as men in x,y or z. I'll tell you the reaction..it would be pure outrage. Sometimes I'm convinced that the only group of individuals that our society can honestly discuss in general terms is white men (or occasionally simply white folks, or men). Hypothesize something like "maybe black unemployment would be lower if black people took school more seriously" and you are labelled a racist. Say something negative about whites/men or white men and you'll find at least a good minority of people ready to support your claim.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2012, 17:59:15

poor white men :(
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 19th 2012, 18:11:27

"Pundits across the political spectrum have embraced Rosin's basic thesis: boys and men are falling behind academically and professionally because guys are less "flexible" than women, less capable of adapting rapidly to an economy that's increasingly "indifferent to brawn."

Seriously.. you can't make this stuff up..

US education politics
step one: blame something/someone/anything but the real causes
step two: make up some research or write angry blogs
step three: repeat

Lack of investment in education and lack of investment by parents in their kids are two causes of educationXfail and yet we'd rather blame everything else.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2012, 18:14:11

Tells you what kind of voters we are haha (STUPID)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

archaic Game profile

Sep 19th 2012, 18:22:41

Any paragraph that starts with the word 'pundits' is already WAYYY behind credibility wise.

Oh, by the way - Forbes released the list of the richest people in America today. They sure do look a lot alike . . .

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

trumper Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 14:57:58

Think about it from a pure feminist movement perspective (not women, feminist movement, I differentiate the two). If your goal is equality of oppurtunity for the oncoming generations and you acheive it, then what do you do? You demand equality of income. You declare a war on women. And if you're really making progress, then you take the moment while you're still seen as the wounded/oppressed one to attack the other side because any response by them can be cast aside as sexist, at least for now. If you don't always have a cause celebre then your movement dies. So you need to always have something. It's like rule number one in political movements: have an enemy or a motivating cause.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 15:04:53

Originally posted by trumper:
Think about it from a pure feminist movement perspective (not women, feminist movement, I differentiate the two). If your goal is equality of oppurtunity for the oncoming generations and you acheive it, then what do you do? You demand equality of income. You declare a war on women. And if you're really making progress, then you take the moment while you're still seen as the wounded/oppressed one to attack the other side because any response by them can be cast aside as sexist, at least for now. If you don't always have a cause celebre then your movement dies. So you need to always have something. It's like rule number one in political movements: have an enemy or a motivating cause.

Yep. & to build on this... The double-standard has existed for quite a long time and for a relatively fair reason.

White men have inarguably had it much easier throughout the course of history & especially US history. Women's & Civil rights are still less than a century old, of course they are going to rally behind anything that supports the movement. (even if it is really stupid)

White men are made the scapegoats for their ancestors success/oppression... I don't think this will change anytime soon.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 17:06:42

women just have to flash their boobies to make more money. if men flash anything they have to go to jail.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 20th 2012, 18:04:31

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
women just have to flash their boobies to make more money. if men flash anything they have to go to jail.
men are allowed to be topless what are you talking about?

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Sep 20th 2012, 18:09:05

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
men are allowed to be topless what are you talking about?

from the news that i've seen, women are allowed to be topless too, but it seems that they only want to do it for money.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 18:12:15

Or maybe males just dont care about consumerism or capatilize in general and are ahead of the curve.

Klown Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 18:31:47

Men have fallen behind because of affirmative action.

Sep 20th 2012, 18:36:24

fallen behind because women don't give a hoot or two hollars about male breasts.

TanX Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 3:46:54

The white man is currently the most oppressed category of people in the US, in terms of governmentally sactioned policies. It's a fact. That being said, we're doing fine. There are other things that negatively affect me far more than the fact that I'm white and male so I at this point really don't care about this topic. I honestly just wish those that still feel the need to assert their own group's supremacy would stfu. I'm looking at you, sexist men, feminists, white supremacists, black panthers, etc. Both sides just feed off of the other.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 5:05:47

Originally posted by martian:

Lack of investment in education and lack of investment by parents in their kids are two causes of educationXfail and yet we'd rather blame everything else.

Since the creation of the Federal Department of Education in the 70's, k-12 inflation adjusted per pupil spending has increased threefold. Since that time, our students' performance vs the rest of the world has remained flat in most categories, declined in others. And dropout rates have increased.

I actually looked that up once, but don't have the time to do it again right now so I don't have a link. It's pretty easy to find via google though.

It doesn't look to me like throwing increasing piles of money at education improves it at all.

I'm with you on the lack of parenting though.

MrTan1

Sep 21st 2012, 6:41:25

CPS is called when we discipline kids the old fashioned way. Society as a whole has became a "Purell" nation while our new generations are raised via technology and stupidified in worldly matters. Sam is right about lets not waste money when we do it with CPS cases everyday. No one can touch a kiddo to discipline them without the fear of CPS, law or other means to come into play. It is rather sad that most cases aren't allowed to continue as some of these kids these days seeing the shows "16 and Pregnant" doesn't assist in actual learning. Some people claim the media is controlled by the government some do not. But, the media and the speed of technology isn't helping our nation's education rate at all.
iScode> thats ok mrford i know when im not welcome!! :(
* iScode cries

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 21st 2012, 11:59:59

Originally posted by TanX:
The white man is currently the most oppressed category of people in the US, in terms of governmentally sactioned policies. It's a fact. That being said, we're doing fine. There are other things that negatively affect me far more than the fact that I'm white and male so I at this point really don't care about this topic. I honestly just wish those that still feel the need to assert their own group's supremacy would stfu. I'm looking at you, sexist men, feminists, white supremacists, black panthers, etc. Both sides just feed off of the other.
yes, because black men are not oppressed at all, it's just a "culture of violence" or "rap music" that means that 25% of them go to jail during their lifetimes and that half of the prison population is black. let's instead focus on how oppressed white men are because of affirmative action and urban regeneration schemes that favour black people.

TanX Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 6:18:12

"...in terms of governmentally sactioned policies."

"That being said, we're doing fine." (in reference to white males)

"...I at this point really don't care about this topic."

Where in my statement did I say black men aren't oppressed more overall? Where did I call for a focus on the poor white man. Go back to reading comprehension class. Not that I'm now intending to say that they are, or that we shouldn't. I choose to abstain from those topics because (I'll say it again):

"That being said, we're doing fine." (in reference to white males)

"...I at this point really don't care about this topic."

TanX Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 6:23:48

FYI, most of society's problems are the result of bad parenting. Not saying that in a "blame the parents" way, necessarily. Most of the bad parents do have good intentions, they're just flat out wrong about how to do it. Not that I claim to know the magic method, but I can clearly see a lot of parenting failures that have strongly causal relationships with most of society's problems.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 22nd 2012, 7:36:28

You don't think policing and the justice system are governmentally sanctioned policies?