Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2012, 16:12:31

What if on first login for your new country (the first time you actually get in and can play turns), it drops you on a page that lets you set your tax rate, production rate and government as a sort of "Welcome to your country! Your people look to you to lead for leadership, how do you plan to set up your country's government, tax rate and military production?" screen.

Would that be beneficial?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2012, 16:35:56

It would irritate me and most vets aswell, but good idea for NEW players, yes, do it.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Tin Man

Sep 3rd 2012, 17:04:41

very good idea, and it could be disabled if the players chooses the no help option or whatever it is that is already in pklace

Tin Man

Sep 3rd 2012, 17:05:49

^ the show tutorial option in FFA main.. not sure if the other servers have that option but it wouldn't really matter with only 1 country anyways =/

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Sep 3rd 2012, 17:19:00

the only downside to this that i can think of is the repercussions to your private market if you switch first. overall not a bad idea

highrock Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 18:13:48

It would mess with new players who accidentally choose something other than Monarchy (if they didn't know better). They won't be able to go back to Monarchy or switch to another government without a penalty.
formerly Viola MD

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2012, 22:43:43

They'll probably all set wacky tax rates lol
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 1:15:07

No, it would not be beneficial.

The defaults of 35% tax rate, and Monarchy are perfectly fine, and players should not be modifying them unless they really know what they are doing.

Instead, the game should bring them to a "Welcome page" that actually summarizes the game:

A) Provide an Objective for the game (to finish the reset with the highest NW possible)

B) Explain the ruleset for the server (how GDI works, humanitarians, market, turns)

C) A helpful glossary of common terms, like retal, casher, etc. So they don't need to read up the wiki immediately.

bertz Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 9:39:17

It would be beneficial for me if you put a reminder to sell my troops. :D

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 10:23:46

what happens to the auto start up options for ffa? since we have to log in atleast once?
The Death Knights

XI