Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 12:03:07

Yesterday, a couple hours before the Express reset ended, I was able to make several landgrabs on a country that never attacked me or spied on me. Some people seem to think it was due to me not being in GDI, and the other guy being in GDI. I believe this should not be possible.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 14:23:54

That is indeed the cause. In a previous set someone oldman never hit lemmed him down from 30m with two hits in the last couple hours. It was brought up then but it didn't change.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 15:43:29

Originally posted by blid:
That is indeed the cause. In a previous set someone oldman never hit (I'll leave out the idiot's name) lemmed him down from 30m with two hits in the last couple MINUTES. It was brought up then but it didn't change.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 15:41:14

Being in GDI only prevents you from attacking (someone that hasn't attacked you) in the final 6 hours.

It doesn't prevent you from being attacked.

Yes, this is in GDI's description.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 15:57:28

It's odd though, because other GDI protections are mutual - you can't AB someone unless they hit you twice, they can't AB you unless you hit them twice, whether they're in GDI or not.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 17:00:20

Well...looks like I have my plans for next set then ;)
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 14:26:54

Still a bug in Express.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 15:19:05

is this a bug? I'm not sure I'm following....? if you weren't in gdi (is that possible?) shouldn't you be able to attack regardless?
Finally did the signature thing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 15:30:13

qz,

Let country A be in GDI.
Let country B be out of GDI.
A and B have not exchanged hits ever.

In the final 6 hours of the Express reset:
1) A cannot attack B.
2) B can attack A. (Which would then allow A to attack B back.)

(1) is clearly stated in the GDI rules, (2) isn't stated at all, so whether (2) is a bug or not is an admin judgement.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 14th 2012, 0:19:13

right; i dunno, we never really said that one way or another; i think it's working as slagpit intended tbh; whether or not that's good i guess is open for discussion heh
Finally did the signature thing.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 1:26:30

It's not good. The reason for the new-style GDI was to prevent random suiciding, right? This defeats the purpose.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 1:28:53

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
qz,

Let country A be in GDI.
Let country B be out of GDI.
A and B have not exchanged hits ever.

In the final 6 hours of the Express reset:
1) A cannot attack B.
2) B can do just about ANYTHING (blow up banks/steal cash included) to A. (Which would then allow A to attack B back.)

(1) is clearly stated in the GDI rules, (2) isn't stated at all, so whether (2) is a bug or not is an admin judgement.

Corrected it for Xinhuan.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 1:33:10

Blow up banks/steal cash are attacks, crest. :P

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 2:12:27

Originally posted by crest23:
It's not good. The reason for the new-style GDI was to prevent random suiciding, right? This defeats the purpose.

not really

join GDI
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2012, 2:13:05

Even if you join GDI random guys can suicide on you in the last 6 hours is crest's point.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 3:00:03

Originally posted by cRaZyDaVe:

not really

join GDI

You missed the bus my friend.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2012, 3:30:17

If I remember correctly, the problem with expanding that type of GDI protection is that a country in GDI could run the last 500 or so turns of the set with no defense and no one would be able to grab it.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2012, 3:54:28

Except people they'd hit, but yeah. Makes some sense.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2012, 4:10:17

Originally posted by cRaZyDaVe:

not really

join GDI

You missed the bus my friend.

LOL, that's Dave all right :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

crest23 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 4:54:09

I would like to see proof of a country that was able to run the last 500 turns with no defense. They would already have been farmed to oblivion.

And regardless, DR can protect them even if they did, right?

The Nigerian Nightmare.

Status Uploader

Bot~
!!!

Sep 3rd 2012, 5:50:19

I believe you misunderstood. It was a theoretical concern about what could happen if the GDI "no attacks in the final six hours rule" was expanded further.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 16:10:15

I still don't think it is practical. And I'm pretty sure this bug will be in Primary as well where a non GDI country can suicide any GDI country in the final hours.

But maybe I misunderstand.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2012, 16:33:04

/open arms

So,....it's a bug then?, or by design as an open loop hole for non GDI to have have as tool?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 1:17:13

If it lasts 6 hours on Express, it should last longer on Primary, like a day.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 1:54:28

Before it lasts anytime anywhere it should 1st be fixed. As I understand it, that rule was implemented to prevent suiciders from doing a last minute run on a netter/country. If that is indeed the case, giving non-GDI countries the power to suicide on a GDI country in the final hrs is retarded.

Most people that play outside of GDI these days do that either for the specific reason of suiciding or because they forget to join. Though some deliberately do it because they are retarded, lol.

Unless there's another reason it was put in place that I'm not aware of. The only thing saving a lot of countries now is that many suiciders don't yet know that they can attack a GDI country even in the final hrs.

And yet another reason why the game should be based on turns and not time. 6 hrs in Express is a very long time, in Primary,......
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Status Uploader

Bot~
!!!

Sep 4th 2012, 4:43:50

The rule was implemented to prevent countries that enjoyed GDI protection all set from suiciding on top players.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 4th 2012, 5:42:06

Originally posted by Status Uploader:
The rule was implemented to prevent countries that enjoyed GDI protection all set from suiciding on top players.

Translation: non GDI can rape you in final 6hrs of the set...

/facepalm
(•_•)