Verified:

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:06:43

Does y'alls Mountain Dew not have caffeine in it?

Heard this from someone but not 100% sure I believe him

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:11:26

of course it does

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:13:42

it changed in 2009

Patience Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:13:56

Our Mountain Dew was always sweetened with a different sweetener than yours, which made it caffeine free - but the new version ('Citrus Charge') is not caffeine free.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:17:29

Mountain Dew? People still drink that? Don't you have to boil it first?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 20th 2012, 19:17:41

Regulations used to prohibit caffeine in any "clear soft drinks", which would have included Mountain Dew. I am not sure if that is still the case.

maverickmd Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:18:19

its mainly popular in the south isnt it? along with purple drink

Trife Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 19:22:56

Oh wow, so there was some truth to it!

Interesting!

So did Coke have caffeine in it since it isn't 'clear'?

Forum Moderator

Aug 20th 2012, 19:40:51

yes

elvesrus

Aug 20th 2012, 19:54:29

sounds like Pepsi Clear sucked if it made it up there
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2012, 21:52:53

Originally posted by maverickmd:
its mainly popular in the south isnt it? along with purple drink

sounds so much like methylated spirits ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 20th 2012, 23:35:47

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
Regulations used to prohibit caffeine in any "clear soft drinks", which would have included Mountain Dew. I am not sure if that is still the case.

CLEARLY A CONSPIRACY TO SELL MORE MAPLE SYRUP. MOUNTAIN DEW IS BASICALLY JUST SYRUP WITH CAFFEINE, SO WHO WOULD BUY BORING OLD REGULAR SYRUP WHEN THEY COULD GET THE HIGH ENERGY VERSION. PROTECTIONISM! MAN, I HATE THE FEDS! DO YOU GUYS CALL THEM FEDS UP THERE?

HA!

SAM
TRADE SECRETARY
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

Jiman Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 2:00:40

Its been changed recently.

Osso Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 7:15:30

Interesting. Maybe I'll actually start drinking mountain dew occasionally if it actually has caffeine now.
Evo FA

Pain Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 7:39:55

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

what relevance does the color of soda have to caffeine content? thats an odd regulation lol
Your mother is a nice woman

Unsympathetic Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 9:45:16

If your Mountain Dew is clear, are you sure you can trust the store that sold it? Mountain Dew is green...

Alana Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 11:32:00

I do not like Mountain Dew!
Alana
LCN Peon

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 21st 2012, 14:16:23

The issue around Mountain Dew was actually a concern about marketting caffeine to kids (at the time) although there were other poorly enforced rules against it.

Here's the copy paste:

1. Caffeine is listed as a Miscelaneous additive in the Food and Drug Regulations, it is permitted only in "Cola-type beverages" at a maximum of 200 parts per million or 200 mg/L.

2. Producers of products other than cola which wish to include caffeine must submit a Food additive submission to Health Canada justifying their desire. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/.../sub_prep_demande-eng.php

3. Schoolyard legends of caffeinated American Mountain Dew may come true in Canada. In March 2010, Health Canada authorized the immedate marketing of caffeinated non-cola type soft drinks after an industry submission requested the exemption. Non-cola carbonated drinks may be artificially caffeinated to 150 ppm. http://gazette.gc.ca/...notice-avis-eng.html#d106

4. Sneaky sources of caffeine should be disclosed. From Health Canada:

" If an ingredient, that is a relatively unknown source of caffeine (e.g. guarana, yerba maté), is added to a food, the total caffeine content of that food should be indicated on the product label in milligrams (mg) of caffeine per stated serving size." http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/...age-caf-labelling-eng.php

5. Energy drinks are considered Natural Health Products in Canada and are not subject to the Food and Drug Regulations. They may contain added caffeine.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

archaic Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 14:22:45

Why would we want to keep caffeine from our kids???

Sometimes, just for fun I give my 8 y/o an espresso mocha with a Mt Dew chaser and watch him run around like Hammy the squirrel for an hour before he careens into a wall and sleeps on the tile floor for 2 hours.

Good times.

Silly Canucks, we should not coddle our youth, if I'm strung out on 6 cups of coffee before 10 AM, then they should be too. Teachers should have to earn their money.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 17:46:46

Originally posted by archaic:

Silly Canucks, we should not coddle our youth, if I'm strung out on 6 cups of coffee before 10 AM, then they should be too. Teachers should have to earn their money.

reminds me of signs i see in locally run stores

'unattended or misbehaving kids will be given a redbull and a kazoo'

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 21st 2012, 17:56:09

I need that sign!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

CandyMan Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 18:01:25

bonus

vintage'

Aug 22nd 2012, 10:55:51

Just drink pepsi...much better

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 15:56:38

Originally posted by galleri:
I need that sign!!!

Ditto
-Angel1

Trife Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 16:03:56

Trife Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 16:06:40

Originally posted by Alana:
I do not like Mountain Dew!

blasphemy!

Patience Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 19:06:43

[quote poster=SAM_DANGER; 19786; 365763]CLEARLY A CONSPIRACY TO SELL MORE MAPLE SYRUP. MOUNTAIN DEW IS BASICALLY JUST SYRUP WITH CAFFEINE, SO WHO WOULD BUY BORING OLD REGULAR SYRUP WHEN THEY COULD GET THE HIGH ENERGY VERSION. PROTECTIONISM! MAN, I HATE THE FEDS! DO YOU GUYS CALL THEM FEDS UP THERE?

HA!

SAM
TRADE SECRETARY
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! [/quote]

lol... We actually call 'em 'Mounties' up here. ;)

H4... When did we ever have clear Mountain Dew? Or did they just consider anything that wasn't a cola to be 'clear'? (Personally I think Mountain Dew tastes like something I would imagine genetically mutated, nuclear-waste swilling, irradiated aliens to excrete... but maybe that's just me. lol)

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Forum Moderator

Aug 24th 2012, 22:45:22

clear wasn't the correct word, translucent?

I think the actual regulation specified something to the effect of "carbonated non-cola beverages". Or rather, it explicitly said that cola beverages could have caffeine but others cannot.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Aug 24th 2012, 22:47:56
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Aug 24th 2012, 22:48:08

no, patience, it isn't just you.

Forum Moderator

Aug 24th 2012, 22:49:51

we call the federal police mounties, but we still call the national government the "federal government" or "the feds" !

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2012, 22:56:07

I learned two thinks about you people up north.

1. your mtn dew sucks
2. no hulu

what a terrible country you must live in.

braden Game profile

Aug 24th 2012, 23:01:06

you joke, but you don't know the half of it, requiem :(

Mr.Silver

Aug 27th 2012, 23:24:49

Is that silly clear law what made us lose Pepsi Clear? That stuff was tasty

arthog Game profile

Aug 27th 2012, 23:26:13

mmmm caffiene

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 28th 2012, 3:23:17

Nobody calls em Mounties unless they are in the rodeo doing a horse show or something ridiculous on a friggin horse. Have you ever come to a radar trap and said to your self; "sh1t it's the mounties!". I doubt it. If anyone cares about differenciating them from other cops, they're called RCMP. Nobody ever uses the term Mounties unless they are in those stupid red uniforms.
The EEVIL Empire

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 28th 2012, 3:33:18

"mounties" are for tourists.
Many provinces have their own police forces and hence you won't really see the RCMP around. Cities have "their own" police force but they are not under direct control of city hall even if city hall foots the bill. That's because municipal governments are not constitutionally protected/garunteed in canada but are subject however the province decides to set them up (ie in canada municipal governments could be 100% appointed by the province but that wouldn't be a popular thing to do).
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Patience Game profile

Aug 28th 2012, 22:19:43

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Nobody calls em Mounties unless they are in the rodeo doing a horse show or something ridiculous on a friggin horse. Have you ever come to a radar trap and said to your self; "sh1t it's the mounties!". I doubt it. If anyone cares about differenciating them from other cops, they're called RCMP. Nobody ever uses the term Mounties unless they are in those stupid red uniforms.

see, that's where we apparently differ from the rest of the country. We have Mounties running around here regularly - not the regular dark-uniformed RCMP, but the full-blown red-coated Mounties. On just about any given day you'll see one running around downtown, and they're always hanging around Banff for photo opportunities. :p

mold Game profile

Aug 29th 2012, 2:18:32

Maybe that's the problem with America and guns. Not the guns themselves just everyone is too jumpy from too much caffeine

America must be the only country with caffeinated mountain dew?

LadyGrizz Game profile

Aug 29th 2012, 2:32:25

Mounties here all the time. They only wear the red when it is for very formal occasions.

voltron Game profile

Aug 29th 2012, 12:11:33

For those that want caffeine they should just bring back JOLT. Not particularly good tasting but you knew it had a boat load of Caffeine for those that wanted it.

TanX Game profile

Sep 1st 2012, 4:24:55

Originally posted by martian:
Many provinces have their own police forces and hence you won't really see the RCMP around. Cities have "their own" police force but they are not under direct control of city hall even if city hall foots the bill. That's because municipal governments are not constitutionally protected/guaranteed in Canada but are subject however the province decides to set them up (ie. in Canada, municipal governments could be 100% appointed by the province, but that wouldn't be a popular thing to do).

Same thing here in the US. The only two levels of government that are constitutionally effected are state and federal.

firefly29 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 3:50:32

Thats funny

Junky Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 2:07:33

I make fun of Canada every now and again, but the food/drink regulations seem spot on at actually at the very least... not hurting the public... do you guys still have to goto the restroom after eating Tacobell?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.