Verified:

TAN Game profile

Aug 12th 2012, 23:45:30

Ah never mind I did see the sof pact before it was signed, but not the LaF one, which was signed first. My mistake. Either way, I was retired and the hfa made a decision, so it must be honored.

And Anoniem, cut it out. My predecessor signed a pact. Do you really think I would dishonor him by dissolving it, even if the offer was made? We stick to our pacts. They WILL be honored. I grow weary of your lamentations. Go pontificate somewhere else.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

anoniem Game profile

Aug 12th 2012, 23:54:01

You already dishonoured him by slating SoF publicly as soon as you were made a leader again.

Now you can apologise to RD on your predecessors behalf. I'm sure RD would be extremely grateful to you, and then I can move on.
re(ally)tired

TAN Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:07:40

I didn't realize the United Nations appointed you as special rapporteur for RD. Anyway, if you don't want to move on, that's your business. Stay behind while the rest of us move forward, including RD.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Sov Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:08:17

Originally posted by Pang:
locket, I'm talking about the previous round where SOF blindsided PDM pretty much OOP as PDM was clearly netting -- something which I made clear to anyone who asked me, and was obviously clear from our country builds

You should look at yourself and your lack of diplomatic skills as to why you were hit. And not just you, other leaders as well. If you threaten an Alliance and act hostile to an Alliance, why do you act surprised when we treat you as a hostile? You had an opportunity to make peace with SoF after the first war but instead you chose not to make peace.

Originally posted by anoniem:
I threw away a year long uNAP with SoF for PDM. I literally threw it away.

You threw away more than that because I was working hard to bring Evo closer to SoF and mainly because you were a MXer. Not flaming you for it but rather pointing this out to support your own argument, but I look after my allies and I was working towards making Evo one at the time. You basically stabbed me in the back ;)

anoniem Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:12:50

Like I said before Sov - it was because of my distrust of Ivan. I didn't think it could work, so I chose pdm. For some idiotic reason I listened to pang, despite him having been a snake to me in the past.

Ah well. Best of luck in the future Sov. It's only a game after all, so no hard feelings ;)

As for pdm being liars/hypocrites/cowards here you go:

<Boltar>: he (pang) claims he has no say in pdm right?
why during a FA conversation this is brought up
Message Body:
ok, leadership refuses to have any land trading clause of any kind in the pact. LaF's didn't have anything to do with landtrading in it either.
archaic, detmer and pang all had the world's biggest say about it.

archaic and detmer inactive?? pang not playing in pdm? well, that message says you're all fluffing liars.

Tan, if this were a spelling bee you'd get top marks.

Edited By: anoniem on Aug 13th 2012, 0:15:02
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 0:13:57

so now you hit pdm because we acted hostile?

but ivan already said it was RD's intel on PDM's plans...

you could have at least given us a challenging, worthwhile war... we had the courtesy to do that to you guys. hitting a clearly unprepared opponent so early on, when you were told that they had no intention of hitting you, is low now matter how you slice it. you can't claim the moral high ground that "all our wars are with opponents who wanted the wars" -- which was my point all along. you're just trying to spin a different discussion topic.

also, you never offered us any pacts that weren't full of terms that were unacceptable (that essentially allowed SoF to topfeed many of our countries). or at least they were never shared with me.

ps. i do have no say in PDM; i was asked to weigh in though on the pact terms by balin or detmer or someone, so I did. i am actually very inactive, despite how much you wish I was pulling all the strings.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Helmet Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:15:27

also, you never offered us any pacts that weren't full of terms that were unacceptable (that essentially allowed SoF to topfeed many of our countries). or at least they were never shared with me.

lies

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 0:16:06

Originally posted by Helmet:

lies

truths. i never saw a pact with normal terms. not from sof, not through rd, not through laf. sof was explicitly told on multiple occassions over multiple rounds that we would be happy to pact sof but weren't going to accept any crazy terms. i dunno... but it was common knowledge we would accept a regular pact with sof. i also told that to laf as well. we had no beef with sof other than sof continuing to provoke us.

Edited By: Pang on Aug 13th 2012, 0:19:50
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Helmet Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:19:48

Nope.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 0:19:56

Yep.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

anoniem Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:24:16

sof continuing to provoke us.

this is coming from a player who topfeeds other netting alliances, then jumps 30mil nw just to provoke them.
re(ally)tired

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 0:27:43

sof continuing to provoke us.

this is coming from a player who topfeeds other netting alliances, then jumps 30mil nw just to provoke them.

you forget -- lens provoked me (and other PDM'ers) to the point ppl wanted to hit him. you act as though Evo never does anything wrong. if you want to run a top country, don't retal other countries that will "give better returns" or whatever the logic he used was.

and that's the singular issue where I've ever hit Evo or any other netting tag in a way that was detrimental to a player's finish lol. i bet you've suicided laf more than I've even grabbed evo.

it was a good grab because it made my crap country less crappy. i play a spy country + retal'er + fa issue country when I play. i don't think i could finish top10 anymore even if i tried, though.

keep on spinning, the game runs on it!

Edited By: Pang on Aug 13th 2012, 0:30:22
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 0:28:42

This argument really needs to be put to rest. Anoniem isn't even part of the equation anymore.

Apologies to Evo, but we signed a pact with SoF and LaF. Hopefully it will lead to something fruitful. Hopefully it works out for the best for everyone, and hopefully everyone can move on.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 0:31:09

Originally posted by TAN:
This argument really needs to be put to rest. Anoniem isn't even part of the equation anymore.

Apologies to Evo, but we signed a pact with SoF and LaF. Hopefully it will lead to something fruitful. Hopefully it works out for the best for everyone, and hopefully everyone can move on.

he's just spouting random hate now... he had a nice run of it in #ee :p

let him get it out of his system or he'll be up all night on a work night and be all cranky tomorrow. i don't want to see the game negatively impact people irl :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TheMatrix

Aug 13th 2012, 0:32:24

^ What TAN said. Let's put this aside and let some new political drama involving new sides start up while I sit with my popcorn and watch. All this crap has gotten old...

locket Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 1:16:03

A 3rd party alliance not involved in our wars messaged me that PDM had been trying to pact out.
I immediately messaged archaic asking what was going on. He assured me that PDM were just trying to garner peace and would get back to me before he signed any pacts.
2 days later I'm informed by another alliance that PDM pacted out, despite me explicitly telling archaic that we should try to pact together so everyone can have at least one reset of peace.

MY MESSAGE:
hmm seems like youve pacted out...

ARCHAIC'S REPLY:
yeah, I said that the PDM members were pressing pretty hard for it and I was told that you guys were also talking to them about pacting. There has been a pretty major leadership shake up within PDM

MY REPLY:
talking to them and signing pacts is very different.

being FDPs one would assume it would be nice to be told that youve pacted out rather than being told by another alliance leader.

this selffish behaviour from alliances friend and foe pretty much put the nail in the coffin. cant trust allies to stick with u then there's no point playing this game. absolutely no honour in this game.

anyway, good to see that when i signed the fdp with pang it meant absolutely nothing.

ARCHAIC'S REPLY:
anon, you may have noticed that detmer, balin, and I are no longer heads in PDM. MD threw arsenal out, and you and KJ are no longer EVO heads. We tried, I tried, but we lost. I am so disgusted at the thought of Laf and Sof running the server that I have left the game. PDM bought 2 sets of peace, for which they will probably be destroyed during set 3. I just cannot bring myself to care anymore. Sof is going to be grudge warring all of us for the next year - but honestly - I doubt Pang will keep it plugged in that long.

Did Archaic honestly think Laf would blindside them 3 sets from now and that is why he quit? It is funny how sinister we all see eachother. Hell, if there wasn't a good reason beyond the fact that PDM joined in the war last set to hit them, I'd leave Laf if we did that crap. I havn't seen many people who want these hostilities to continue on either side to be honest. I think any wars that happen in the future will hopefully be because of things that happen after now -_- I see no chance of Laf and Sof hitting PDM the moment the pacts are done if anyone works to solve the current problems.

TAN Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 1:23:37

And PDM has no plans to war SoF, LaF or really anyone else in 2, 3 or 4 sets.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Sov Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 1:36:33

There are plenty of Alliances out there of varying size that never have any issues with SoF and that is because they do their thing and keep out of our way. When we have issues they resolve them. They do not suck up to us, they just negotiate with us diplomatically.

If an Alliance acts hostile to us we will treat it as hostile. It is as simple as that. If you don't want to end up in a war with us, do not incite one.

Unless PDM gives us reason to go after them we will not be going after PDM. If PDM seeks to be friendly with SoF then we will work on that. If PDM just seeks to be neutral with SoF that is fine too. Diplomacy is the key, but too often these days Alliance leaders ignore diplomacy.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 1:47:02

davidoss: i'm gonna be applying for mathematics phd studentships

So, there's no need to worry about me being late for work in the morning. I'm enjoying my summer.
re(ally)tired

Gabalin Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 3:16:52

+1

Son Goku Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 22:28:28

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Countries at the end of last reset: 817
Countries now (first week of new reset): 671

Just saying.

We're at country #800 already on Day 8.
Last reset we were on country #750 at Day 8.

archaic Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 22:45:37

Originally posted by Son Goku:
Originally posted by NukEvil:

Countries at the end of last reset: 817
Countries now (first week of new reset): 671

Just saying.

We're at country #800 already on Day 8.
Last reset we were on country #750 at Day 8.

hmmm, llarr must be feeling better . . .

;p
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Drow Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 0:48:37

anoniem: let's talk about hypocrisy for a minute shall we? it was sol and evo who told us, and that we accordingly passed on to sof in our discussion with them, that we had decided to leave SoF/LaF alone, and war internally. next thing, we turn around and you and sol had FS'd laf. didn't talk to us about the change in plans before doing it.
Before you go sounding off about PDM, look to your own actions.
You were also EXPLICITLY told from the outset, that PDM's joining in was a ONE SET DEAL.
that means this set we were pacting out regardless.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

TAN Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 1:43:53

If this took place over IRC, I'd really like to take a look at the logs of this conversation since I wasn't involved but am getting shat on anyway.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 1:51:00

drow you weren't even an FA contact and had no access to the joint forums, so how exactly would you know? where was this explicit mention of intent? unless, you are referring to pdm saying we will not attack until md does?

it would be inappropriate of me to start quoting what pdm leaders actually said, but i will tell you this - they were more than happy to go up against laf/sof. there were only reservations when it became apparent that if we did declare war that we'd probably lose. i was against wimping out at the prospect of losing, because sometimes war is about more than that; however i did agree to a friendly war, and it was my idea to make it into a battle royale.

anybody with a brain knows why the friendly war didn't occur and who was behind driving sol/evo to fs laf, despite in principle agreeing to a 4-way battle royale.

at any rate, that is not the issue at hand, because pdm offered me an fdp. i did not go out of my way to become friendly with your alliance - it was more a coming together due to the increasingly good nature of our open grabbing pact.

the issue is pacting out and leaving your fdp out to dry. you do not sign an fdp if you have no intention of honouring it for the long-term. i don't like the way some of you are trying to spin this into evo wanting to fight sof. evo have never wanted to fight sof, but i chose to fdp pdm over the choice of bettering relations with sof and keeping our 1 year unap. what does that mean? i expect pdm to stand by evo for at least 1 year, until we both come to a consensus with sof. dropping the pact with sof did not help evo in anyway, but was to try and give pdm some leverage and allow you to perhaps someday in the future to sign a mutually agreeable pact with them.

P.S. I have quotes of Detmer saying that once it's all over that we'd no longer work as a coalition (the four alliances involved), but when the same opposing alliances are a threat for the following reset - that doesn't sound like things blowing over.
re(ally)tired

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 1:54:02

n.b. what you are saying is highly contradictory to what archaic, detmer and balin had been saying before they became "inactive".

also, i wouldn't have posted anything about pdm's indiscretions, if i didn't see constant hypocritical (from my perspective) trashing of rd by pdm. that annoyed me to no extent.

Edited By: anoniem on Aug 15th 2012, 1:58:52
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

archaic Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 1:59:54

During the run up to the war I gave drow my user/pass so he could get up to speed while I was on a business trip.

Why are we fighting about this?

Pdm's pacting within the coalition, on the front end and the back end was 100% my responsibility. I am the one that pacted sof and laf to get Pdm out of the war and I'm the one that left evo out in the cold. Quit beating up on TAN and. drow about something that they had no role in. I fluffed it up and I resigned over it.

Jeeze, enough already.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Zahc Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 2:08:23

So whats the fs date for evo vs pdm? I want to farm you both before you kill each othet
llort orp s`fos

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 2:13:57

dear chaz,
i'm not in evo and archaic isn't in pdm.
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 3:41:48

Doesn't mean land isn't just about as drool worthy with these changes :P

Wu Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 11:18:58

SOL is ranked too high

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 11:59:35

evo vs pdm! lol sperm coalition is falling to pieces
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

TheMatrix

Aug 15th 2012, 12:08:21

You people really thrive off creating drama where there doesn't have to be any don't you?

Before you spin this, this is a generic "You people" that includes pdm folks and others instigating things that don't exist.

...I need to stop reading AT and just start just playing my country

Zahc Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 13:05:04

What if someone posts on at looking for pdm fa
llort orp s`fos

TAN Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 13:38:22

Then they've already created the drama!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pride Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 19:05:42

Well this thread got interesting.