Verified:

mdevol Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 16:30:31

to assist in exterminating all 1-2 man clans that have not made contact/intent public

there is no room for solotags that are built only to suicide on this server/jump into ongoing wars as "subtags"

either join a real tag/tag up to your REAL clan

or run untagged until you do.

or ya know, just post who you are an your intent and get some pacts/dnh's
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 16:33:58

I'd say 50% of the players in this game never look at the forums .. have you tried PMs?
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 16:36:57

One giant epic war chat?

Shall we make a master list of them. Post those who are 'safe'. Then PM the ones who are in violation, give them 48 hours and then kill?
IT'S KILLING TIME

mdevol Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 16:39:10

would be sweet
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Rockman Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 16:51:21

Why should untaggeds be safe? Thats where most of the suiciders are...

KeTcHuP Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 17:03:43

Kill untags!

CDS is me as everyone knows=P
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

mdevol Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 19:23:10

well i assumed that untagged would already be slaughtered after last reset

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:32:25

So which tags are suspect?
IT'S KILLING TIME

Dragon Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 20:43:01

Tin Man from our clan sent out a bunch of PM's to un-tagged and 1-2 man tags. His post here on FFAt didn't describe his action as successful.

It's a valid point that maybe some folks don't even read FFAt or somehow do not know it exists.

There IS a way to make every un-tag, etc, aware. All but one of their countries die and the Survivor gets a message clearly explaining how this can be avoided in the future.

The problem (for net gainers) is that they stay within farm/kill range for players far too long. However, if "suspicious" builds are being targeted, that reduces the potential numbers of those with bad intent.

Say what you want about low-defense self farmers, but un-tags and small tags with countries built a certain way attacking the way they do indicates that the majority of those players just want to cause trouble.

I think mdevol is proposing something that would be beneficial to the server in the short term. Clans that like to keep their killing skills sharpened gain targets in the absence of war, and players up to no good get a message.

Win-Win if you ask me.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 6th 2012, 20:58:23

well we already got hit
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

JJosh Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 3:56:34

Originally posted by SublimeNightmare:
One giant epic war chat?

Shall we make a master list of them. Post those who are 'safe'. Then PM the ones who are in violation, give them 48 hours and then kill?

*** I Will be at every chat***
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

fearvendor Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 4:07:25

im a one man tag, same as last set. should i post here every new reset or am i safe? tag is still called f3ar.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 7th 2012, 4:16:44

I think it safe to say SAS and f3ar are safe

Same with CDS and RnR
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

fearvendor Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 4:22:09

ok just making sure, dont want anybody mistaking me for a suicider. So why do so many people suicide on the bigger clans? Ive had problems in the past but you guys seem cool about working it out in a decent manner, I just dont get how it comes to that.

Edited By: fearvendor on Aug 7th 2012, 4:25:10
See Original Post

mdevol Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 5:05:43

its usually disgruntled old members of rival clans, or people carrying over grudges from other servers.

RLintz Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 5:34:01

Has any anyone thought to use their recruitment tool to spreed the world. would be easier then sending messages to each untagged country..

JJosh Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 5:56:03

yes, i do ;)!!!

and join ARES!!!
hehehe
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 7th 2012, 6:15:28

Originally posted by mdevol:
its usually disgruntled old members of rival clans, or people carrying over grudges from other servers.

Or in TKO case its either people trying to make us stop warring tags killing untags or blaming our members for actions of other untags or alliances lol
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

synoder Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 10:42:45

Its true, I woke up late today and it was TKO's fault. Pretty much everything is TKO's fault from what I have seen.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 7th 2012, 11:07:34

yup we cause EVERYTHING lol

we are kings after all :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 12:54:17

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

Thomas Jefferson

I say that suiciders (might be a pain in the ass but) have the right to play and that they should kill any one who supports the above.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 7th 2012, 12:59:52

so when suiciders kill for no reason its ok, but if alliances planned to protect themselves its wrong and evil.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Rockman Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 13:39:51

Originally posted by Warster:
so when suiciders kill for no reason its ok, but if alliances planned to protect themselves its wrong and evil.

Smegma is the guy who said that it was karma when Mercs got hit last set, even though Mercs has had a complete prohibition on grabbing untaggeds for the entirety of their existence in EE.

Smegma was also in Paulie's tag "Stones" that farmed one man tags and told them they would keep farming them unless they joined Stones. A tag which I stood up against two sets in a row while playing in a one man tag for my first two sets in FFA, before AzzKikr and I reincarnated Mercs for EE.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 7th 2012, 13:49:28

that would explain his stupid ass views
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 14:26:13

as mdevol said ... :)

also, KillKillKill
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 15:16:06

Originally posted by Rockman:

Smegma is the guy who said that it was karma when Mercs got hit last set, even though Mercs has had a complete prohibition on grabbing untaggeds for the entirety of their existence in EE.

Smegma was also in Paulie's tag "Stones" that farmed one man tags and told them they would keep farming them unless they joined Stones. A tag which I stood up against two sets in a row while playing in a one man tag for my first two sets in FFA, before AzzKikr and I reincarnated Mercs for EE.

Your memory is a little weak there. Or at the very least you are skewing a situation which was explained to you personally.

It was my very first set here. I wsa getting farmed, no other clan let me join, so i accepted the first one that did for self protection. I had no clue Paulie was such an ass.

Now my own assishness, stands on it's own. But please do not associate me with that clown.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 15:19:40

Oh, no, I do not think it's wrong or evil. I am just an anarchist. FFA is a free for all. Let everyone do as they darn well please. You just have to cope with it and adapt.

And I am just an ass trying to troll and inflame the suiciders that's all.

ridsect_sof Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 16:33:48

send u in private message :)
SOF Alliance Server
Jun 24, 01:47 Ridsect of SOF (#674) SoF Havoc Does EE again (#939) MD 1 B 7 C
Aug 4, 06:22 Ridsect of SOF (#1576) SoF SoLe SuRViVoR (#1429) (SOLdier) 5 B / 8 C
Mar 25, 18:34 Awesome Kickin (#300) (SoF100) (#20) (SoL) 25 B

Rockman Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 18:11:49

Originally posted by smegma:

Your memory is a little weak there. Or at the very least you are skewing a situation which was explained to you personally.

It was my very first set here. I wsa getting farmed, no other clan let me join, so i accepted the first one that did for self protection. I had no clue Paulie was such an ass.

Now my own assishness, stands on it's own. But please do not associate me with that clown.

If you defend these scumbags, then you're fluffing idiot. And that's exactly what you're doing.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 19:22:41

That is exactly why I used the Jefferson quote. Just because you and quite honestly, myself despise suiciders, that does not mean that they do not have the right to be suiciders.

So yes I will defend thier right to be assholes.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 19:31:13

The boys made some good changes that makes it less desirable to suicide. That is how you change behavior. By changing the structure. They heard your complaints and made positive changes to influence the game.

But pack mentality and trying to force personal opinions onto others is just odious.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 19:41:35

But pack mentality and trying to force personal opinions onto others is just odious.

oh, you mean what you are doing?

if they have the right to suicide as you say, then others have the right to pull pre-emptive strikes so they dont get suicided
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 19:46:55

And you absolutely have the right to be pre-emptive. Like I posted earlier. It's free for all to do as they will.

The differnce is that the suiciders are anonymous so you don't see them running around with torches and pitchforks. So they don't offend me unless its my countries that they kill. Which they do.

But I will still defend thier right to do it.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 19:53:29

And you absolutely have the right to be pre-emptive. Like I posted earlier. It's free for all to do as they will.

The differnce is that the suiciders are anonymous so you don't see them running around with torches and pitchforks. So they don't offend me unless its my countries that they kill. Which they do.

But I will still defend thirty right to do it.

You selfish bastard. It takes an Ayn Rand type douchebag to only care if your own countries get hit, and to not care at all if other people's countries get hit. It also takes an incredible amount of naivete to believe that your countries wouldn't be at risk when other people are getting suicided for no reason. It'd be like Europe thinking that Hitler invading the Czech Republic and Poland doesn't make him a threat towards the rest of Europe.

You're not an anarchist at all. You're one of the lunatic libertarians that I despise. Anarchism is a communal based political philosophy, whereas the Ayn Rand strand of libertarianism is a self based political philosophy. Some Ayn Rand libertarians aren't overcome with selfishness the way she was. But anarchists don't display this type of idiocy.

Please do not defile anarchism by claiming that you are an anarchist. You're just a selfish scumbag.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 20:05:08

Tsk Tsk rockman. I've always respected your seeming intelligence and logic. Personal attacks are so demeaning to you. Dragon seems to launch into them right away as well. Very disappointing.

Libertarianism versus anarchism. There you might have a valid point. I'll have to chew on that for a bit.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 20:12:04

Tsk Tsk rockman. I've always respected your seeming intelligence and logic. Personal attacks are so demeaning to you. Dragon seems to launch into them right away as well. Very disappointing.

Libertarianism versus anarchism. There you might have a valid point. I'll have to chew on that for a bit.

You're defending suiciders. So of course I'll launch personal attacks against you. Especially when you say that they don't offend you if they don't hit you.

Part of human nature is that 99% of us have common decency. It's called empathy. When we see someone else suffering, we share in their suffering. It is ingrained in us due to the survival of the fittest, where the ability to feel empathy for others makes for a stronger society than one where everyone is like Ayn Rand's model person and is unaffected by the suffering of others.

To say that you don't have the empathy that most of humanity has, is a very scary thought, especially when you consider what Jared Loughner did.

Even if you support the suicider's right to suicide, you should also not just support our right to pre-emptively dispose of them, but you should also find their actions distasteful. And that is what worries me about you. You're the type of libertarian that I do not like associating with.

iNouda Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 20:15:46

LaLubz is me. Might be trying to net or switching for war as part of a larger clan depending on my level of activity/inactivity.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 20:22:11

Rockman you have the right to that opinion. And to associate or not associate with whomever you choose. But I do find that the inability to have a dialogue about different points of view without personally attacking someone takes away from the credence of the author.

It's like the old saying that the first person that bring up Hitler (or Laughner for that matter) automatically loses their argument because their credibility is shot.

Very disappointing.

And let me clarify something without splitting too many hairs. Being suicided on bothers me due to loss of time invested. But doesn't offend me. I clearly need to build better countries to prevent that from happening.

Edited By: smegma on Aug 7th 2012, 20:30:00
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 20:39:36

And let me clarify something without splitting too many hairs. Being suicided on bothers me due to loss of time invested. But doesn't offend me. I clearly need to build better countries to prevent that from happening.

It is impossible to build a country that is safe from suiciders. It's not about building a better country, because if that's your goal, you will always come up short.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2012, 21:13:09

Undeniably true. But keeping with my seemingly libertarian philosophy. If I build my fence high enough, the visogoths will come to your house and not mine.

Edited By: smegma on Aug 7th 2012, 21:35:16
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 22:04:45

Undeniably true. But keeping with my seemingly libertarian philosophy. If I build my fence high enough, the visogoths will come to your house and not mine.

But if I build my house sufficiently more extravagant than the slum next door, then the visogoths will come to my house rather than yours, regardless of how high the fence is.

synoder Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 22:11:40

then FA my slum so it will be more attractive :)

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 1:44:39

But if I build my house sufficiently more extravagant than the slum next door, then the visogoths will come to my house rather than yours, regardless of how high the fence is.

Exactly.

All (well not all, but in theory all) netters want to self-farm with zero defense and never be top-fed. Some Visigoths just like to be assholes.

Do I have empathy for the netters (even if I am one)? No.

I could care less. All it is to me is a different facet of the game. Now instead of self-farming with zero defense, we must use a little strategy and take a little risk. How much defense do I wish to carry to make them pick a more extravagent house?

Sure it bugs me to get suicided on, but it's just part of the game and part of the strategy. And it's ok if my opinion is not the same as yours, and his, and his, and his, and his....

Edited By: smegma on Aug 8th 2012, 1:48:42
See Original Post

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 8th 2012, 2:14:36

No defense, I've had countries killed with 12-15 mil turrets and troops

We don't care about grabs , suiciding is the issue, so what's a pointless comment
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Rockman Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 2:45:16

Exactly.

All (well not all, but in theory all) netters want to self-farm with zero defense and never be top-fed. Some Visigoths just like to be assholes.

I could care less. All it is to me is a different facet of the game. Now instead of self-farming with zero defense, we must use a little strategy and take a little risk. How much defense do I wish to carry to make them pick a more extravagent house?

Sure it bugs me to get suicided on, but it's just part of the game and part of the strategy. And it's ok if my opinion is not the same as yours, and his, and his, and his, and his....

When someone gets FAd 40 to 60 million bushels to hit you, your defense is basically irrelevant.

You are so wrong about netters wanting to netgain with zero defense. You're clueless. These suiciders aren't hitting people because of them running low defense. They go after the people who run the best countries.

PAN, TKO, and Mercs don't want to run zero defense and netgain. When your country is making 10m cash per turn, you can easily afford to lose 400k turrets every time you landtrade. It's the people who run crappy countries that have to run low defense when landtrading.

Are you seriously this dumb? Or do you just not know how to get out of this idiotic corner you got yourself in by defending suiciders?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 8th 2012, 2:52:11

I run no defense landtrade, ( stock is never home) but there is a reason and it has nothing to do with expenses :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

PapaSmurf Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 4:49:21

Just force people to tag.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 10:43:37

Exactly.

When someone gets FAd 40 to 60 million bushels to hit you, your defense is basically irrelevant.

You are so wrong about netters wanting to netgain with zero defense. You're clueless. These suiciders aren't hitting people because of them running low defense. They go after the people who run the best countries.

PAN, TKO, and Mercs don't want to run zero defense and netgain. When your country is making 10m cash per turn, you can easily afford to lose 400k turrets every time you landtrade. It's the people who run crappy countries that have to run low defense when landtrading.

Are you seriously this dumb? Or do you just not know how to get out of this idiotic corner you got yourself in by defending suiciders?

Exactly again.

They grab the small ones to build up enough to kill the big ones.

Again with the insults. Sooooo disappointing.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 12:18:04

No defense, I've had countries killed with 12-15 mil turrets and troops

We don't care about grabs , suiciding is the issue, so what's a pointless comment

Definitely sucks, hopefully the other 15 indentical countries survived. War or suiciders, it's the cost of doing business.

On the flip side of that coin by having all 16 countries like that you may have lost one but may have ended up saving another 5 or 6.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 8th 2012, 12:56:22

i lost 16 one reset where one was at that number and the rest were at 5mil turrets and 2mil troops , considering netting u normally dont expect to get kill if u dont attack anyone.

as you say cost of doing business, so now the cost of doing business for suiciders is that now alot of tags just want to wipe out their hiding places.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332