Verified:

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 1:49:50

Cleaning up this game to make gameplay better for all?

great. good work.

now what about untagged suiciders? it's about time to take some action against these spineless, dishonorable, pieces of garbage.

and how about ones that announce their plans to suicide before set even starts?
ya i'm talking about that little dweeb KJ. double standard when he happens to be friendly with the NEW admins?

guy is running his mouth about running an untagged suicider against LaF and now just threatened my country. in my opinion, it's time to take action against this b.s.

seriously

tellarion Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 2:07:12

Welcome back to the game. You sound like you never even left!

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 2:21:21

Heh well telly boy, I heard people had been saying I must not be vic because my first two weeks back I was mild mannered.

Had to live up to expectations :p

AT needs some spice

locket Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 3:12:40

He has a history of suiciding. He suicided RD a couple sets ago.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 3:12:53

SO VIC, WHEN YOU SPEAK OF SUICIDERS, ARE YOU REFERRING TO PEOPLE WHO ATTACK THOSE WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING TO THEM? OR ARE YOU SPEAKING OF THOSE WHO TAKE VENGEANCE IN A WAY WHICH THE COMMUNITY FINDS DISTASTEFUL? JUST CURIOUS.

SAM

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 3:25:03

Listen it's simple -
Untagged suiciders have always been a major issue.

If and when someone expressly announces that they will untag and suicide in the upcoming set - and starts threatening specific alliances + players - action must be taken.

If not, might as well let the bots run, no?

Can't clean up just certain, convenient parts of the game.
The truth is - more people played here and posted on AT when things were out of control with multies and bots and all that jazz. Sure it sucked but if Untagged suiciders, who are friends with admins, are left free to ruin legitimate sets - then this whole game stands little chance remaining intact - and future growth prospects, forget it.

The politics have always been fun. Untagged suiciders have plagued this game for years and this one just seems a little nuts.

If you want to get back at someone or some alliance - work your damned way to a head position, and start a war. Tagged.
This whining about cheating, pointing of fingers, and lame worthless suicide attacks is just a waste of all of our time.

CrisX1

Aug 6th 2012, 3:26:15

random post
ICN- Alliance Server

Zahc Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 3:31:00

Its fairly simply. When someone threatens your alliance or country, kill it
llort orp s`fos

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 4:23:21

Oh that part goes without being said, zork.

My point is - if someone makes the point of announcing that they plan to ruin another's set by running an Untagged country just to suicide - admin should take action.

TAN Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 4:33:47

This game is also about diplomacy at all levels. If you don't want to get suicided on, then don't aggravate those in a position to suicide on your alliance.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 4:46:49

Ya ya bla bla you can spare me the earth 101, I get it. That all goes without being said.

But further to all that. It would be nice to see some action taken against Untagged suiciders. It should evoke at least a 1 or 2 set ban.

It's spineless.

If not, I'd really like to see bots back and working by next set.

Kthx

iScode Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 5:30:01

no

your wrong

have a nice day.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Drow Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 7:35:01

I'm not pro suiciders in general, however, it is often the only means an induvidual may have to get back at an alliance being an arse. as a result suiciders are still a counterbalance to abusive alliances who choose to act like fluffs. If KJ has stated outright that he is going to suicide RD, then it's highly possible that he has left his alliance, where as I recall, he WAS a head, to ensure that trouble is solely between himself and your alliance, rather than dragging HIS whole alliance into things.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Sov Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 7:40:27

But if the person re-joins that Alliance soon after, especially in a Heads capacity then the Alliance should be held responsible.

Drow Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 7:58:12

depends on how soon after I guess.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 8:08:50

It would be nice if people didn't hold alliances responsible for suiciders in situations like these, but it doesn't happen. It's not like the alliance can stop the person, not to mention it's hard to prove who actually suicided..

Drow Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 8:26:13

but then as an alliance, if you know that member has deliberately left solely for the purpose of suiciding, is it not wrong to accept them back the same set or the set following, as a leader?

iScode Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 8:28:08

Originally posted by Sov:
But if the person re-joins that Alliance soon after, especially in a Heads capacity then the Alliance should be held responsible.

absolutely, If a head of an alliance did that to my alliance, I would definitely hold the alliance responsible.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Erian Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 9:33:27

Well, if KJ would tag his country KJ he'd never go many turns out of protection without being killed, so I guess it makes sense ;)

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 10:55:00

if the admins are biased, then quit.

but, if you're unhappy with the way the game is then make constructive suggestions i.e. how to make suiciders ineffective etc. not garbage threads like this.

stop rehashing old issues... then again it's always the same "few" trying to antagonize people.
re(ally)tired

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 11:02:40

Originally posted by Sov:

Wow, I'm glad I checked the forums AGAIN today.

KJ was warring in MD.
KJ was accused of suiciding on RD.
People blamed Evo for this.
I offered RD reps as per our pact to compensate any damage that suicider caused.
Mrsilver turned it down, which was kind of him - as he didnt want others to pay for the action of an isolated idiot (which may or may not have been KJ- i haven't seen proof, but i was just going off of what was posted on AT).

Why do people feel the need to bring this up again and again? I OFFERED RD REPS.

If KJ threatened to suicide LAF, then he's an idiot. But, the way I used to deal with him when he was being an idiot was to just ignore him.

Little kids just want attention, so everytime you make dumb threads like this you are just feeding his ego. Then, again if he's been stupid enough to tell you he's suiciding then you know to look out for him, but i seriously hope he doesn't - as suiciding is extremely annoying and just turns into a vicious cycle.
re(ally)tired

Sov Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 11:07:27

I'm not speculating on the past. I am talking about the future.

locket Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 11:52:27

An Anoniem post I like.... did you change when you left? :P Bashing KJ is never a bad thing though so it might just be that.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 12:26:25

alright sov, but i don't think speculating does any good. you'd just hope that no alliance would let a known suicider into their alliance.

though, i stil stand by my point that if people want changes then they should formulate constructive ideas as to what those changes should be and how they can be implemented.
re(ally)tired

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 12:31:03

Pfft to the few nonsense responses above.

Admins should be more proactive with untagged suiciding - that's all.
It will always be an element of the game, yes, but that doesn't discount the fact that a firmer stance against these sort of acts would certainly improve the game.

iTarl Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 13:06:28

and farming is a legit part of this game? bottom feeding?

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 13:13:05

...? Huh?

We aren't talking about farming or bottom feeding.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 13:16:42

Originally posted by Vic:
Admins should be more proactive with untagged suiciding - that's all.
It will always be an element of the game, yes, but that doesn't discount the fact that a firmer stance against these sort of acts would certainly improve the game.

agreed, suiciding is pointless apart from reducing the warfighting capability that can be exploited by other alliances

its effective, but spineless - nail your colors to the mast, tag the fluff up with like-minded people, war 'em and prove a point instead, makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

cheers vic for bringing the point up - sometimes takes the viewpoint of an informed outsider (relatively) to see whats quite (forgive the unintentional pun) clear to everybody reading AT
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 13:42:10

Hehe :p

And as for constructive and concrete advice -
Sure:
Untagged suiciding should formally be placed on the list of actions 'against the rules'.

There should also be provisions that clearly define the definition of suiciding (the Untagged part is pretty simple) as well as a coherent and fairly stated bylaw that details the course of action to be taken against suiciders.

Pretty simple.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 13:47:37

Lot of whining in this thread...

It's especially funny, coming from someone who proudly claims to have multiple aliases and infiltrated multiple alliances at multiple points in his "career", in a video posted to Youtube.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 13:52:41

Meh,
Multiple identities was never in fact against the rules. :p
And I've never ran more than 1 country.

Fact.

Run along trolls. especially the n00b trolls.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 13:56:23

Suiciding is also not against the rules.

And yet, here you are, begging the admins to do something against suiciding. Why didn't you beg Mehul to do something against infiltrating multiple alliances with multiple aliases?

(I'll give you a hint: Ignoring the fact Mehul didn't actually exist for most of E:2025, it's the same reason the admins won't do squat against suiciding.)
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 14:07:25

nope, but you've participated in organisations that killed off several alliances, ran bots and multies, thereby supporting said actions.

it's only called suiciding because it's usually 1 country vs a whole alliance. joining a tag doesn't give you "balls". openly admitting you suicided or are going to suicide gives you credibility, because you are not hiding your identity.

for someone who had multiple aliases you really don't have a leg to stand on.

now back to the "issue" at hand:
"the admins are not being proactive" - simply stating x or y should be against the rules does not constitute a constructive idea or motion.

try again.
re(ally)tired

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 14:12:24

Suciders are over powered IMO. It is far to easy for one country to ruin another countries set. I'm not talking about a kill but rather taking it out of competition for netting.

Also this is a HUGE problem in primary.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 14:15:44

by that then i would assume that all countries are "over powered".

it doesn't take much to preemptively deal with suiciders, if >you're< being proactive enough as a player/alliance.

primary has the GDI rule to prevent suiciders.. does it not? if you farm someone then expect to get suicided.
re(ally)tired

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 14:19:47

Wrong., anoone,
Here it is.
This is what I am asking for.

Aug 6th 2012, 13:42:10

Sure:
Untagged suiciding should formally be placed on the list of actions 'against the rules'.

There should also be provisions that clearly define the definition of suiciding (the Untagged part is pretty simple) as well as a coherent and fairly stated bylaw that details the course of action to be taken against suiciders.

Pretty simple.
"

Read it slowly

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 14:33:37

what's your country number this set? I'm going to suicide you for making a fluff suggestion
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 14:34:35

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
what's your country number this set? I'm going to suicide you for making a fluff suggestion

Ask hanlong.

jabberwocky Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 14:40:39

Originally posted by anoniem:
by that then i would assume that all countries are "over powered".

it doesn't take much to preemptively deal with suiciders, if >you're< being proactive enough as a player/alliance.

primary has the GDI rule to prevent suiciders.. does it not? if you farm someone then expect to get suicided.

definitely GDI helps, but someone can still all jet and multi tap you, then if you retal more than once they can go to town. Ruining someone's set is not overly difficult, though it doesn't seem to happen too often unless you forget GDI, in which case you will be destroyed.

Drow Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 14:49:51

Akula: generally I would agree with you, however, I have no real issues with suiciders going skitz after they've just been farmed 50x+ times a day, every day by any given alliance.
It gets to a point where you do what little you can, especially given the tendency of a few alliances to RoR/kill untaggeds who manage to retal even a few of the hits made on them. If suiciding is going to be taken out of the game, then bottomfeeding, gdi farming and similar tactics should also be taken out.

These would also be positive steps towards making the game attractive for new players.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 14:50:24

In that case it's your fault for not destroying the other country when you could have.

For example, last reset, in Express, I solo-killed a country on the last day of the reset by GSing it to death. Took me about 10 minutes, around 120 attacks, and a couple dozen SRs or so. Neither he nor I was in GDI.

To the untrained n00b, it would have seemed it was due to a single failed LG that the other country made on me that reset. In reality, however, it was due to that same person taking advantage of me by farming my country as I was performing a service to the Express server the reset before. He also did the same thing the reset before that. In both resets, I was unable to properly retaliate, as I had no military on hand to keep expenses low. I am seriously considering killing him again this reset, just to drive the point home.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 15:03:45

so "suiciding" which is an in-game issue you want resolved by rule changes by the admins outside of the game?

at least come up with something plausible. running a country and attacking whoever you want is NOT against the rules and never will be.

a smaller alliance declaring war on a larger alliance (With no prospect of winning) can be classed as suiciding - maybe we should ban them too.
re(ally)tired

anoniem Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 15:07:50

i can see why people are threatening to suicide you. you have an aura of self-importance. i really wish i could come up wonderful play on words like "ano one".

instead i'll just laugh at you
re(ally)tired

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 15:56:21

Everyone must fill their respective roles on AT.

And yes, mine isn't without a bit of vainglory.

BUT...
I've always been good to those who have been good to me. So again, really never knew you so just lay off the personal attacks.

Especially those of you from 3rd tier alliances :p

Be well. Wishing you all the best

theannonymousone Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 16:51:26

While I agree being suicided on sucks, I don't think it's the responsibility of the admins to ban them. At the end of the day this is a war game, fights happen whether provoked or not. If you want to play a game where you can't be attacked by random ppl go play any Zynga game.

It's different than bots and cheating because these suiciders get the same amount of turns as you and they have to put in the time to develop their countries just like you. How they choose to develop and what they choose to do with their turns is up to them.

Having played a lot of primary server as well all I can say is always make sure you have a good amount of tanks, troops, and SDI, if you don't and you get suicided on it's your own fault - tag protection only protects you from other clans.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:27:51

Vic thinks pretty highly of himself. Too bad everyone else doesn't...

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 17:29:37

lol good one :p

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:31:27

lol good one :p

I do support your idea in some form, it is too easy to grief people in game.

lostmonk Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 17:58:27

Sure:

Pretty simple.

Then, since you're objecting to suiciding as it is detrimental to the game, we should start banning people proven to act in a way detrimental to the game. Which would mean all those that bottomfeed like crazy, and the warmongers that force netter into wars would all be banned. Hell, at that rate, we'd have 5-10 people left to play the game.
Done.

Vic Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:03:03

Bottom feeding like crazy is healthy for the economics of the game in that it encourages one (the bottom fed) to join an alliance and take a more active role in the game. Tagged warring is fine.

Honestly , you are trying far too hard to combat my simple suggestion.