Verified:

aponic Game profile

Jul 10th 2012, 23:58:06

Could someone make a list with some reasons for who is where and who might be over rated, etc. It would be cool to see opinions from different people
SOF
Cerevisi

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2012, 1:42:58

Best War: NBK
Best Net: TKO

Reason: No clans do it better

Overrated / everyone else: Mediocre at best

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 11th 2012, 2:59:09

I wouldn't say we are the best netters, we are the best at making huge countried but not overall average, but then again we stock a few killers every reset and for the last 3 resets we have killed 100 + countries for suiciding
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2012, 3:58:02

Most Idiotic clan: XI

AND PROUD OF IT!!!!! :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cabrito Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 4:32:02

Most idiotic player belongs to XI too. Aint that right Ko LMAO.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

aponic Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 2:55:10

so it is the same as a year and a half ago :P
SOF
Cerevisi

KyleCleric Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 2:58:28

posts per capita: XI :P
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 2:59:50

True..lol
The Death Knights

XI

Tin Man

Jul 13th 2012, 3:23:23

#1 netting - ESD

3peat of ANW Champs, top 5 in TNW for that last 7 sets and great player base.

#2 netting - TKO

NUMEROUS TNW champs, top 3 in ANW damn near their whole existence. Inactivity in members is a bummer though.

#3 netting - PanLV

Impressive ANW finishes with good numbers country wise.

#3 netting - LaE

tied with Pan imo, awesome netting skills although same problem as TKO with some inactivity.

#5 netting - FoCuS

best ANW 5th, some good TNW finishes. Also gets netting points away for being damn good warrers =P

---

#1 war - NBK

KyleCleric Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 3:27:50

i'm disappointed that lae won't be back next set. :(

i was hoping for good competition between those 5. they make for good competition. makes for an interesting set.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Twain Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 4:00:32

What I'm going to do is the whole reason why no one does these, but here goes:

Tin Man, seriously?

If you want to go TNW, then PANLV is clearly #2 behind TKO. We won TNW last set and are truly in a dog fight this set (less than 40M NW separates us and TKO right now, and at some points in the day, PANLV has been ahead). I recognize TKO wins it more often than we do, but I'd argue based on our ANW finishes that their wins are based more on numbers.

For ANW, PANLV rocked that category as well. Prior to ESD's emergence, PANLV won that crown two sets in a row with 184 and 185 countries. We had a bad set 2 sets ago finishing 5th with 87M, but otherwise our ANW finishes in recent memory: 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 1st, 1st. ESD's rankings with far fewer countries in most of those same sets are 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 5th going back. And while you might say it's a "What have you done for me lately?" type of server, then logically PAN should be ahead of TKO for winning TNW last set.

And LaE as a tie for us? The last time they won a TNW crown was the infancy of EE's FFA game. They came back and put up a respectable set last set (2nd in ANW, 3rd in TNW) but have completely fallen off the map again this set, lagging behind the other 3 clans in ANW, TNW, Members, and Average Land (which I would argue in many cases is probably a better metric for figuring out which clans are most likely going to finish strong until it's destocking time).

We at PAN may not put up all the fancy top 10 countries TKO does, and we probably can't compete with ESD for ANW since it's generally easier to keep 5-6 guys motivated than it is 10 or more, but we've shown a far better track record than LaE and at least an equal record to ESD.

And KC: While Focus has some good netters, they don't all tend to stay fully motivated long enough to put up top-tier netting sets, I'd say Elysium is more likely to be the true #5 netting clan.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 5:00:25

I actually wrote up a rankings for this thread, and just decided to never post them, lol.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 5:08:13

Hmmm, I disagree with you on Ely Twain. I too consider them a netting clan. They netted their first two set and haven't netted since. And even basically disappeared off the server completely. I take in account politics, and Ely is doing something wrong if they can't do what they want for so long. So, in my opinion I would rank KSM higher, even though they haven't netted as well as Ely, but they have netted more than Ely.

KyleCleric Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 5:33:26

I feel bad for forgetting KSM. But right now, I'd also consider Mercs for the spot. They'll be no worse than 5th anw and 4th tnw.

Twain Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 13:26:16

Smurf: There's some truth to what you say, but even netting clans can get sucked into the politics on the server and become a target. When PANLV became the big dogs on the server, we got to netgain for exactly one set before NBK declared on us just because we were the only clan big enough to potentially offer a challenge. Two sets later, after we joined a coalition where we were THE netting clan (the idea being we'd have two war clans to defend us), NBK came after us again. Somewhere in that mess, we also got in a tussle with IMP because of a bad decision by a leader that is no longer with us in PAN.

Since then, we've been able to keep clean and avoid war. Elysium might be in a bit of trouble now, but there's no reason to think they can't handle their business in a way to avoid war.

Mercs or Elysium are definitely the 5th. I think if Elysium can avoid war, it'll be them due to size (and due to the fact that I question whether Mercs will have a long-term presence here, since they had one great set last time and then disappeared).

Since I'm talking so much about this, perhaps I'll go ahead and write up my own rankings as well.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 20:11:32

twain, i'd like to think we upheld our end of that coalition ;)
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Twain Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 21:05:57

Crippler: That war was the one time I've truly had fun warring in Earth. 'Twas a pleasure. :)

Dragon Game profile

Jul 13th 2012, 23:21:41

That HAD to take a lot of time to compile and post. Nice work, Twain. :)

Twain Game profile

Jul 14th 2012, 0:55:40

Thanks Dragon. The longest part about it was the fact that with any summer "project" I do, whether it's 15 minutes or several hours, it always takes a bit longer since I'm home with my rotten, precocious, getting into everything 15-month-old.

Took about an hour all things considered though. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse kept him out of trouble for a bit to give me some writin' time.

Tin Man

Jul 14th 2012, 2:17:54

I feel ya Twain, nice work!

Dragon Game profile

Jul 14th 2012, 19:01:40

ESD is definitely NOT the "best" Netting Tag on the server. Not until we can win ANW AND TNW in the same set.

If we ever can manage that without large membership and without PANLV and TKO at war or "down" for some other reason, then I will say we are best.

Until then, we ain't fluff. We have a TON of room for improvement and need another great player or two.