Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 16:33:19

Apparently, despite the assertion that "n00bs" can't find their way to FFAt, a boatload of them are stumbling into it.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to welcome all "New Members" to our Community and give a heads' up about how the server works.

This server is basically a "Clan Server". That doesn't mean that you MUST join a clan, but it's a great way to learn the game and meet some people.

"Street Cred" is pretty important here. What's even MORE important is making a clan or at least creating one so that you can tag your countries.

After that, announce your tag on this Forum and tell everyone you're interested in some pacts. A lot of us clan leaders will give you a pact right out the gate.

It's also important that you do this stuff BEFORE your countries are out of Protection (turn 100) because there's always a chance you'd get hit by clans who might have given you a pact had you just asked first.

These aren't Orders or Demands. Just some suggestions to help new players function on the server with as little trouble as possible.

Not every clan will give you a pact. Expect that. However, if you are announced and recognized Tag, you have more avenues to seek diplomatic solutions through.

If you don't want to tag up, that's fine, but due to a lot of bad behavior by untagged countries over the 16 years of this game, untagged countries are viewed with extreme suspicion and their outcome is usually not so good.

It's up to you how you play, but it's good to remember that this is a highly interactive and social server full of clans who will co-operate with one another when needed even if they are historically adversarial.

Hope you have fun, and good luck!

JJosh Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 20:59:50

Awesome!

that should be sticky #1... and read, ***n00blets start here***
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

MUFASA JACKSON Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 22:24:09

fluffIN' "A" ,man ! DRAGON for KING !
Originally posted by Dragon:
Apparently, despite the assertion that "n00bs" can't find their way to FFAt, a boatload of them are stumbling into it.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to welcome all "New Members" to our Community and give a heads' up about how the server works.

This server is basically a "Clan Server". That doesn't mean that you MUST join a clan, but it's a great way to learn the game and meet some people.

"Street Cred" is pretty important here. What's even MORE important is making a clan or at least creating one so that you can tag your countries.

After that, announce your tag on this Forum and tell everyone you're interested in some pacts. A lot of us clan leaders will give you a pact right out the gate.

It's also important that you do this stuff BEFORE your countries are out of Protection (turn 100) because there's always a chance you'd get hit by clans who might have given you a pact had you just asked first.

These aren't Orders or Demands. Just some suggestions to help new players function on the server with as little trouble as possible.

Not every clan will give you a pact. Expect that. However, if you are announced and recognized Tag, you have more avenues to seek diplomatic solutions through.

If you don't want to tag up, that's fine, but due to a lot of bad behavior by untagged countries over the 16 years of this game, untagged countries are viewed with extreme suspicion and their outcome is usually not so good.

It's up to you how you play, but it's good to remember that this is a highly interactive and social server full of clans who will co-operate with one another when needed even if they are historically adversarial.

Hope you have fun, and good luck!
-----MUFASA

"I see with strobelight vision and I'm alwaze in a panic! My only skill is murder and I'm stuck on Automatic!"

MUFASA JACKSON Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 22:25:03

... or Julie, your cruise director ; P
-----MUFASA

"I see with strobelight vision and I'm alwaze in a panic! My only skill is murder and I'm stuck on Automatic!"

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 22:34:13

Are you a newb? Want to be a meatshield for IMP next set? PM me, I teach u how.
IT'S KILLING TIME

Popcom Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 23:09:59

Originally posted by SublimeNightmare:
Are you a newb? Want to be a meatshield for IMP next set? PM me, I teach u how.

LOL
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Rip It Up Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 23:12:27

ROFL Sub

good post Dragon
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

Tigress Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 23:13:46

nice post Dragon ... sticky
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Twain Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 1:53:37

Well stated, Dragon.

All these suiciders are claiming they're noobs who have suffered mistreatment. I think we're all pretty sure for most of the suiciders this is a bullfluff excuse they use because all they really want to do is suicide from the very beginning, but the more we as established clans can do to either teach the noobs or poke holes in the claims of asshole suiciders, the strongest footing we're all on.

I'd post as a follow-up that as either a one-man tag or an untagged, if some tag has wronged you, I promise you most of us are actually quite reasonable in one-on-one discussion. If, for instance, PANLV farms you, then the best way of handling this is to ask for a contact on these forums and one of our leaders will get in touch with you. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be treated with respect and given at least some recourse to recoup your losses.

This is especially true if you tag up, as all clans will accept the standard retals from within a tag.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2012, 20:45:05

+10 thread :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

kemo Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 23:42:32

yep lets all just ride llamas into the sun set (especially if you accidentally fell over and knocked up the mayors hot daugheer) killin untags while sippin the captain
all praised to ra

Dragon Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 20:02:58

I think this needs a "TDT"