Verified:

Wharfed

Jul 2nd 2012, 7:45:44

I've learned today, that a big reason Earth doesn't in fact grow much at all, is not entirely so much that we farm all the untagged countries. Sure, it is part of it, but not the only reason.

I have a good feeling another reason may have relation to rage quiting after losing on a land grab exchange. Or something of the likes. To which I say: "You win some, you lose some." Don't get but hurt over losing. That's what's called "being a sore loser."
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Erian Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 7:58:56

People don't like losing today. Everyone is supposed to win everything from day one. No hard work expected ;)

Soultaker

Jul 2nd 2012, 11:08:41

well the fundamental concepts of the world we live in have changed dramatically and everyone expects to win without practically any hard work or by almost doing nothing... just calling yourself a winner doesn't mean you are 1

snawdog Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 11:26:15

I blame Tee-Ball.(We're not keeping score)
ICQ 364553524
msn

Zahc Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 11:32:13

Xbox/ps3>earth empires

Thats why it doesnt grow. Should make ee a downloadable game for xbl ps network and android/iphone. We would get alot of new ppl that way
llort orp s`fos

Oceana Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 11:40:45

huh... I won 556th place

abomb Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 11:46:32

EE into a facebook game same concept as mafia wars essentially. Mafia wars has MILLIONS of players. EE has less than 500 now.

Kumander Otbol

Jul 2nd 2012, 12:01:50

bonus
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

vern Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 12:35:10

mafia wars sucks

TeckMing Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 13:02:42

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 13:03:39

I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

iNouda Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 14:24:27

Facebook integration would help fix a lot of the problems.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2012, 15:31:57

The one thing I have been thinking about is making this game universal.

As in, you put it on facebook....but that is only the beginning. You make an app for the iPod, iPad, Droid....you keep the online browser setup in tact, but everything else is inclusive.

As far as I know, there isn't an online browser game that has made the big conversion to app+++.

So my question is: has any of the developers thought of this? (Guessing yes)....however, all of you have jobs. So have any of you quoted it out? I think it would do well if you did some cross platform stuff. Maybe some wealthy investors think the same thing. Or heck, maybe you get a quote and see if we can raise the money as a community that way you keep it all in house (Patron Boards FTW)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2012, 15:38:44

Originally posted by Erian:
People don't like losing today. Everyone is supposed to win everything from day one. No hard work expected ;)

Ah, yes, yes, liberalism at work here as the brain washing starts as early as pre-school where they banned all fun kiddy games where one kid had to take a loss
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

kingofthezulus

Jul 2nd 2012, 15:48:17

We should start a Kickstarter to fund the facebook app.
http://www.kickstarter.com/

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 2nd 2012, 16:40:33

/me sighs

Earth isn't shrinking; it's growing, albeit somewhat slowly.

All new players are funnelled into Primary because that's where they won't get farmed.

There are 800 active users/day, about 1k/turn cycle (72 hours, ie people not losing turns), and 1900/month (some people take resets off, new players drop out &etc)...

We have about 700 new accounts per month, our retention rate is fairly low however; a tutorial could help; if we got 7000/month from a FB app, we'd grow slightly faster, but i'd suspect our retention rate would still be really low.

Community help developing a solid tutorial that isn't just a "do this do that" but rather "why" could help a lot.
Finally did the signature thing.

kemo Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 17:14:22

ive always thought you should do a simple youtube showing the best ways to do it and why. nobody likes just reading anymore

also should you have a hot sister or mom in the back ground to fap to is just a bonus
all praised to ra

UltraMarines Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 18:15:05

a hot sister goes along way to help just about any cause

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 18:32:48

You could pay me to make an iPhone app for EE. :P

But, you would also need to open up a direct API for that to work.

crest23 Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 18:47:35

HTML5.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2012, 18:50:43

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
You could pay me to make an iPhone app for EE. :P

But, you would also need to open up a direct API for that to work.
Make Xinhuan a game admin to bribe him to make the app for free :)
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cee Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 18:58:08

Originally posted by qzjul:
/me sighs

All new players are funnelled into Primary because that's where they won't get farmed.

There are 800 active users/day, about 1k/turn cycle (72 hours, ie people not losing turns), and 1900/month (some people take resets off, new players drop out &etc)...

We have about 700 new accounts per month, our retention rate is fairly low however; a tutorial could help; if we got 7000/month from a FB app, we'd grow slightly faster, but i'd suspect our retention rate would still be really low.

Community help developing a solid tutorial that isn't just a "do this do that" but rather "why" could help a lot.

600 of those are hanlongs......gasp! I know that was harsh but I could not resist. I'm sorry...lol

Wharfed

Jul 2nd 2012, 19:15:18

Originally posted by qzjul:
/me sighs

Slow growth is hard to distinguish from no growth when you can't see the numbers.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Lobo Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 21:03:41

More people would stay if you guys wouldnt buy the cheap brand of duct tape! Buy the good stuff and tie them up tight! it even comes in pretty colors now, wharfed is fond of the pink....
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 2nd 2012, 23:23:03

Originally posted by Wharfed:
I've learned today, that a big reason Earth doesn't in fact grow much at all, is not entirely so much that we farm all the untagged countries. Sure, it is part of it, but not the only reason.

I have a good feeling another reason may have relation to rage quiting after losing on a land grab exchange. Or something of the likes. To which I say: "You win some, you lose some." Don't get but hurt over losing. That's what's called "being a sore loser."

When a member of another clan pulls a "fluffish" move to achieve the L:L rate of 80 percent and gets 78 percent and ends with way more...and you all call it the retal policy which is stated as: "80% L:L (before ghost acres) if defending country has 25% more land than the attacker prior to the land grab(Attacker Land * 1.25 > Defender Land). 100% L:L if ghost acres do not make up for the remaining 20%. " .... is not being a sore loser. I am sure most of EE would agree that someone getting 78 percent of that land back..close to the 2 percent mark and then in between the 2 retals doubles up their Strategy Tech to grab more land than the first retal...is being fluffish. Your member in the long run took more than 100 percent L:L...he gained 173 percent L:L. So don't call it "being a sore loser". It is also not being butthurt, it is called doing what is fair and right.
Coming to post this after our FA chats and saying "sore loser" can open up ...."several options" again. I think you should think of the fact that imag doesn't net, nor have we gone to war yet.

Edited By: galleri on Jul 2nd 2012, 23:46:26
See Original Post

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 5:47:37

Well first off I think the idea of Facebook app is nice, but I don't personally see how that'll improve growth much. Yeah maybe we get a bunch of people to sign up. But what good does 5,000 countries sitting at 32k NW do for us.

But I agree with qz a nice tutorial would help. Maybe have strats written up, at their most basic form. Maybe a few things in game could be changed to help new players. Like to all of us Industrial Complex is second nature, but what does that really mean to an outsider. Maybe change it to Factory.

I would also suggest a emphasis on players joining an alliance. If we have new players playing primary, they should be directed too alliance servers and joining an alliance. Because after all I think most agree, it's the community that really makes this game.

iSigma Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 6:03:23

0.o
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog"

"iSigma"
<>
Netters Anonymous(NA) ===> Alliance Server
Legends At Earth (LaE) ==> Free For All

abomb Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 7:48:54

why do hundreds of millions of people play mafia wars? Its the same thing WITHOUT the community style play in alliance server but hundreds of millions of people play it.

Make it engaging and you wont have 5000 countries sitting at 32k nw you'll have 100,000 people trying to grow!

TUVINETS Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 8:00:18

Hi there!
P.S.:Just to get another bonus

Xelah Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 8:38:03

Originally posted by abomb:
Make it engaging

How do you propose this be done?
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 3rd 2012, 15:38:27

Originally posted by Xelah:
Make it engaging

How do you propose this be done?

Yea that's a problem; it's engaging for US because we already know how it works, and we got in on the ground level; you COULD just play a rainbow when I started because almost everybody else was too, and there were so may people; and really, the web was much less graphics and more text *anyway*

Now, new players join a mature community which is poised to feed on them.... and with alternative with fancy pictures heh.

Our basic plan has been integrate game + forums (while making balance adjustments), and try to make the interface a little more intuitive, and perhaps a few pictures here and there; but a tutorial would help a lot, especially if done well...
Finally did the signature thing.

Kalick Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 15:55:09

why do hundreds of millions of people play mafia wars? Its the same thing WITHOUT the community style play in alliance server but hundreds of millions of people play it.

Make it engaging and you wont have 5000 countries sitting at 32k nw you'll have 100,000 people trying to grow!

What about Mafia Wars is engaging?

Academus Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 16:21:33

bonus

Frodo Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 20:51:30

Maybe having a couple different background pictures corresponding to the goverment would be nice. Or having some sort of pop up picture when builiding stuff, like buildings or military units. Or maybe stating like how many hit points or whatever a tank has compared to a turret compared to a troop compared to a jet. Anyway just a couple thoughts :D

Wharfed

Jul 3rd 2012, 23:12:42

Having those pictures would be nice for new people. But there sure as hell needs to be a setting to allow me to only see black background with white text. I don't like pictures, unless I'm looking at pictures.
>Wharfed

kingofthezulus

Jul 4th 2012, 3:46:18

What about making the mechanics more transparent like a table top game?