Act now as supplies are limited.

Rip It Up Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 15:50:51

i can afford 1 barrel :-) yay!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

Dragon Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 15:55:50

What I don't uderstand is why Oilers do this? Yeah, they can control the price of a barrel of oil, but I would think if they're doing the math, it would be smarter to provide affordable oil than try to bleed clans at war dry.

Unless of course, the Oilers are predominantly in the clans at war and are using oil prices as a weapon of sorts.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 16:03:58

at 1k its better for restart to build few 100 rigs to support attacks.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Rip It Up Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 16:04:33

nailed it on the second on dragon.

i was unlucky to lose 4 of my fascist oilers at the start of the war since i was set to make focus and ely pay 300 a barrel for their CS and i was gonna make 3b cash per country.

in the end, clans at war need oil. you either produce it yourself or pay whatever it takes to get what you need to make a kill lol

MSN:

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 16:17:02

ahah so those were yours :-P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Rip It Up Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 16:36:02

yeah :-/ lol

i wasnt expecting SDI to sell out so soon hahaha. damnit
MSN:

RLintz Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 17:29:11

I had to post this, because the oil is outragous.
I did put a lot of oil on the market, but even when I try to pull the prices down a little, it sells too fast and the prices are back to $400.

High prices this set, means lower prices next set.

This is just a good set for the few oilers out there I guess.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 29th 2012, 17:45:26

It's really not a good set for the oilers because at even $1K per barrel, all these warring clans will just reconfigure and produce their own oil.

If you look at it, outside of warring tags and their Police, what's left is a significant percentage of the server that's sending tiny PS's to gain acres. ESD, and other netting clans uninvolved in the war are using small amounts of oil.

So that means the majority of countries USING significant quantities of oil on the server are at war and using oil every turn.

That oil has to be paid for and at some point, it will become more intelligent to buy defense and wall until you run your opponents out of money.

To avoid that, I'd guess that warring clans are taking turns tearing down buildings and rebuilding them as oil rigs to refresh their readiness. Or that's SHOULD be what they're doing so long as the oil market can't meet demand at under about $700 a barrel or less.

I think a GREAT strategy would be to have a clan full of cashers who buy out all the cheap oil prior to their FS. They could resell a percentage of that oil at insane prices and produce enough oil per country to do kill runs provided that they break most of their opponents' big countries on the FS.

synoder Game profile

Jun 30th 2012, 14:36:39

Originally posted by Dragon:

I think a GREAT strategy would be to have a clan full of cashers who buy out all the cheap oil prior to their FS. They could resell a percentage of that oil at insane prices and produce enough oil per country to do kill runs provided that they break most of their opponents' big countries on the FS.

thats another advantage of getting the FS. I was buying oil for about a week prior and have yet to need a single barrel and I have only top broke the entire war.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jun 30th 2012, 15:01:28

Yeah I want to say I had about 5 mill barrels in each country stocked at cheap prices.

Raging Budda Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 0:00:26

Damn oil
Your base is mine!

Truss Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 20:21:10

got it, no wait, yes, no wait. Oh well, not oil well.