Verified:

h2orich Game profile

Jun 20th 2012, 10:27:40

It would be a good idea to have this 20 min Temporary Vacation Mode twice daily, where during this 20 min, your country is not allowed to run turns, buy military, or anything other thing else.

In return, you do not get touched(KR-ed) either in this 20 mins.

I believe that most of us have some important things daily that activating this 20 min Temporary Vacation Mode could help us in a way or another.

For E.G

Taking a shower/poop [most common]
Having a quickie with your wife/girlfriend
Having a debate/argument with your wife/girlfriend
Fighting diablo boss without disturbance for 20mins
and
Many others!

With this suggestion in placed, imagine all the peace we would have when we do the above?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 20th 2012, 21:14:54

what if you did it mid KR ?
Finally did the signature thing.

h2orich Game profile

Jun 21st 2012, 2:56:37

Program it in a way that this 'mode' cannot be activated if there is any form of activity in your recent news in the last 5 minutes?

Marshal Game profile

Jun 21st 2012, 16:20:41

does that include market sales?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2012, 16:49:29

Originally posted by qzjul:
what if you did it mid KR ?
weren't people saying killing was too easy? :D
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Tigress Game profile

Jun 22nd 2012, 8:32:10

now that would be pretty cool mid kill-run the assumption being you could log on before the country died ;)
Happy Hunting

Tigress

h2orich Game profile

Jun 22nd 2012, 9:04:43

Originally posted by Tigress:
now that would be pretty cool mid kill-run the assumption being you could log on before the country died ;)

Sorry come again? I dont really understand your question..

Marshal Game profile

Jun 22nd 2012, 15:01:30

she meant that if player would be able to log to his/her country before it dies and manages to engage that 20 min vacation but if player is under attack it can't be activated.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

UBer Bu Game profile

Jun 22nd 2012, 18:54:17

It's one thing to log on quickly during a full-speed kill run, in fact it's entirely reasonable to have the login bookmarked on your mobile (or, already waiting to log in if you're expecting visitors).

What can't easily be done on a phone is everything after logging in. Quickly refreshing your news to see the speed of hits, loading up the private market to buy/sell units, buying food from the public market, and finally cashing turns all take time, especially any place you have to input numbers in a text box. Three times in the past two sets I've been able to log on during a kill run, but haven't been able to do any effective walling and died within a few seconds of doing so.

As an alternative (or in addition to) slowing down attacks, it would be nice to see some sort of defensive capability added to the main page. Maybe a temporary vacation mode that depends on turns -- forfeit 5 turns for 5 minutes of immunity. Or maybe a smoother way to take some defensive steps, like selling units on the private market (via pushbutton or slider, anything faster than a text box).
-take off every sig.

Tigress Game profile

Jun 23rd 2012, 6:22:36

Originally posted by Marshal:
she meant that if player would be able to log to his/her country before it dies and manages to engage that 20 min vacation but if player is under attack it can't be activated.

thank you Marshall yes that is what I meant in my garbled encrypted message :D

and why no vacation mode mid-killrun :( My dreams of vacationing in the smoldering ruins of a country have been shattered.

uBer I can definitely see trading turns for immunity, could be very useful. Especially if the player could still perform some actions.
Happy Hunting

Tigress

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 24th 2012, 6:32:21

Trading turns for immunity? Sounds like the perfect way to make a TMBR at the end of the reset immune!

UBer Bu Game profile

Jun 25th 2012, 14:49:33

I'm sure limitations could be added, similar to how GDI limits what you can do near the end of the set in Express.
-take off every sig.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 27th 2012, 1:37:41

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Trading turns for immunity? Sounds like the perfect way to make a TMBR at the end of the reset immune!

you have to TAKE the turns for the immunity! haha! :p

interesting discussion
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com