Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 16:40:52

http://www.businessinsider.com/...-committed-suicide-2012-6

Foxconn Technology Group, the main supplier of Apple Inc, said on Thursday a worker at a Chinese plant jumped from his apartment on Wednesday, the first suicide since the company agreed with its U.S. client to improve work conditions.

---------------

Hope you love your slave labor iPhone.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 16:51:39

I like my phone its awesome. Your point being?
Don of LaF

Helmet Game profile

Jun 14th 2012, 17:01:27

Other than Siri being worthless for anything other than appointments, reminders, etc. Pretty good.

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 17:04:44

SIRI sucks here, no support for Swedish and i would find it kind of weird to speak english to my phone. Even tho overall speaking to my phone would be really fluffing weird.

I would guess you could say the same about google & samsung then as they have foxconn produce things for them.
A couple of companies that use foxconn to manufacture stuff for them:

Acer Inc.
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
Cisco
Dell
Hewlett-Packard
Intel
Microsoft
Motorola Mobility
Nintendo
Nokia
Samsung Electronics
Sony
Toshiba
Vizio

Perhaps you like your slave computer,phone,console,OS,TV and so on...
Don of LaF

Trife Game profile

Jun 14th 2012, 17:13:17

have you ever bought a diamond anything for your mom/SO/wife?

then you support child slaves!

zomg!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 17:14:47

Originally posted by Helmet:
Other than Siri being worthless for anything other than appointments, reminders, etc. Pretty good.

Speaking of Siri:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/...t-apples-siri-technology/

Pain Game profile

Jun 14th 2012, 17:24:18

how does it feel to post about someone commiting suicide from a computer that uses a motherboard most likely built by someone who also committed suicide.

i love how they throw the apple name in there, i bet the person who jumped wasnt even an apple assembler.
Your mother is a nice woman

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 17:25:32

Hey I don't write the news... Just read the articles. You can decide!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 14th 2012, 17:45:40

I am cool.
Sadly that is the world and the way it works.
He unfortunatly lives somewhere that the conditions are horrible, he forced to live and work that way. If he hadn't worked at that plant it would of been another...... it happens at all their plants there. Sadly there is people lined up outside their plants over there waiting for people to kill themselves, so they can work. :/

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 17:53:56

I would be more worried about having such a fluff phone
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 14th 2012, 18:12:49

gains i use Linux so no slave OS for me!
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 14th 2012, 18:13:09

How does it feel to be breathing the same molecules which were more than likely exhaled during a suicidal person's final breath?

Hope you enjoy not caring about those poor molecules.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Hobo Game profile

Jun 14th 2012, 20:15:03

Originally posted by Requiem:

Foxconn Technology Group, the main supplier of Apple Inc, said on Thursday a worker at a Chinese plant jumped from his apartment on Wednesday, the first suicide since the company agreed with its U.S. client to improve work conditions.

---------------

For as long as the iProduct industry is profitable for Apple and cheap for the consumer, no one will care about the workers sacrificed during the manufacturing process.

It's been a way of business life everywhere in the world and will, sadly, continue until morality returns to business once more.

henrik Game profile

Jun 14th 2012, 20:41:17

I stay away from all Apple products because I am allergic to apples.
Yes, I'm a big, blonde (at least when i colour it), dumb swede :D

Anonymous

Jun 14th 2012, 20:52:50

Originally posted by Trife:
have you ever bought a diamond anything for your mom/SO/wife?

then you support child slaves!

zomg!

I get all my diamonds from Sierra Leone, all child labor free!

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2012, 23:45:44

Originally posted by Red X:
gains i use Linux so no slave OS for me!

Well Cisco & Microsoft(didnt check the rest) both commit code to Linux kernel so yes you support it!

Don of LaF

Hyperion Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 0:18:06

I love my slave labour phone. Just like i love my slave labour clothes, cars, food and damn near everything else i have and or use. Its a matter of cost to build vs cost to sell. If it cost me 20 dollars in north america to sell for 25 bucks im only making 5 bucks. But if it costs me 10cents in some place in china and i make 24.90 profit then hell ya you know im gonna do it.

We will NEVER get away from slave labour. ITs been here since the beginning of time and will be here till the end.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Jun 15th 2012, 0:27:37

I want to get an iphone so I can pull a Raj.

Other than that I have an android :P

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 5:29:52

i hate apple customers, biggest fluffers there are!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2012, 11:02:38

iPhone works well enough to post here thanks :)

Apple handheld sounds so wrong .... so I won't type it.

Scodey, I want those Velcro gloves back pls k thx ;)

=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

trep Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 17:06:39

What a retard

But yes. Since switching to iPhone from various android phones, I do like it more.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2012, 17:22:06

Ahh apple fan boi! I found a picture of trep however:

http://www.photobasement.com/...s/2008/03/applefanboy.jpg

trep Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 17:29:24

Eh? Sorry I'm not into your hobbies I don't wear funny swimsuits but the iPhone is a good product at least from my experience.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 15th 2012, 17:52:00

Originally posted by iScode:
i hate apple customers, biggest fluffers there are!!!

I knew it, I told you yesterday you hated me, and you told me you did not. YOU LIAR!!!

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

maverickmd Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 18:56:35

Were all slaves. At least chinese slaves are just poor and not $500,000 in debt like you and me from mortgages/Student loans/carpayments.

trumper Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 20:57:34

Someone jumped in front of a Metro train a few weeks back here in DC. I didn't stop riding Metro.

I'll one up being an I-Phone fan, I also invest in Total SA. Great price, good dividends and they invest a lot in a shady sections of the world. Guess it makes me evil. Oh well.

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 21:12:20

akula / galleri

sorry, but really they are rather demanding over a bloody phone.

case in point, my first day back at work after big quake in chc, 180+ people dead - first call i get.

Me: thank you for calling ..... your speaking with ... how may i help you?
Customer:I have been waiting for my iPod for three days, when the boody hell are you going to deliver it?
Me: Sorry sir, as you are probably aware Christchurch has had an earth quake which has affected our linehaul network and delayed quite a few consignments.
Customer: WHAT THE fluff DOES CHRISTCHURCH HAVE TO DO WITH MY fluffIN iPOD. I AM IN NELSON, I WAS TOLD BY APPLE I WOULD HAVE IT HEAR BY .... DATE AND YOU WILL fluffING DELIVER IT TO ME TODAY
Me: look mate, our linehaul for the South Island goes through Christchurch, so your iPod (customer cuts me off)
Customer: I TOLD YOU I DONT CARE ABOUT CHRISTCHURCH, I JUST WANT MY fluffIN
(so at this point after having to deal with the stress of the quakes, worrying if friends and family are dead, 1 friend died, didnt knw him that well but still, and having no water or power at our house until the day before this phone call, i unlesh)
Me: LISTEN HEAR YOU INSENSITIVE fluffING PRICK, I DONT GIVE A fluff ABOUT YOUR iPOD TO BE QUITE HONEST, I GOT BIGGER fluff TO DEAL WITH THEN YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOUR PRECIOUS fluffING PHONE,WHO THE fluff DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, 180 PEOPL ARE DEAD, ONE OF THEM MY FRIEND AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR fluffING IPOD, GO fluff YOURSELF YOU STUCK UP F...

supervisor took the phone of me befoer i could finsh.

Moral of the story is: a lot of apples customers are too fluffing demanding over a phone!

oh the worst thing is, i am not even meant to deal with apple customers, my job is normally dealing with customs for key accounts, I offered to try and help him out for one of our frontline staff who couldnt get an apple cs person on the line. grrrrrrr
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2012, 21:21:54

Originally posted by maverickmd:
Were all slaves. At least chinese slaves are just poor and not $500,000 in debt like you and me from mortgages/Student loans/carpayments.

http://www.daveramsey.com

Not all of us are in debt :)

Eric171 Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 22:07:47

Originally posted by Requiem:

---------------

Foxconn an apple plant here in Brazil. Its president, while whining about several problems with Brazil, complained that brazilians are lazy, just because our legal work week has only 44 hours on it...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 17th 2012, 3:48:08

akula / galleri

case in point, my first day back at work after big quake in chc, 180+ people dead - first call i get.

Customer:I have been waiting for my iPod for three days, when the boody hell are you going to deliver it?
Me: Sorry sir, as you are probably aware Christchurch has had an earth quake which has affected our linehaul network and delayed quite a few consignments.
Customer: WHAT THE fluff DOES CHRISTCHURCH HAVE TO DO WITH MY fluffIN iPOD. I AM IN NELSON, I WAS TOLD BY APPLE I WOULD HAVE IT HEAR BY .... DATE AND YOU WILL fluffING DELIVER IT TO ME TODAY
Me: look mate, our linehaul for the South Island goes through Christchurch, so your iPod (customer cuts me off)
(so at this point after having to deal with the stress of the quakes, worrying if friends and family are dead, 1 friend died, didnt knw him that well but still, and having no water or power at our house until the day before this phone call, i unlesh)
Me: LISTEN HEAR YOU INSENSITIVE fluffING PRICK, I DONT GIVE A fluff ABOUT YOUR iPOD TO BE QUITE HONEST, I GOT BIGGER fluff TO DEAL WITH THEN YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOUR PRECIOUS fluffING PHONE,WHO THE fluff DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, 180 PEOPL ARE DEAD, ONE OF THEM MY FRIEND AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR fluffING IPOD, GO fluff YOURSELF YOU STUCK UP F...

Moral of the story is: a lot of apples customers are too fluffing demanding over a phone!

oh the worst thing is, i am not even meant to deal with apple customers, my job is normally dealing with customs for key accounts, I offered to try and help him out for one of our frontline staff who couldnt get an apple cs person on the line. grrrrrrr

So I should decide that everytime someone from your country comes into eat and not tip me that all of New Zealand are the BIGGEST ASSHOLES out there too?
Will do.

iScode Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 4:20:52

thats one example. And no, because its not custom to tip in New Zealand, you should just realise that kiwi had no idea about your system.

Failed comparison galleri.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 4:21:13

and as i said, that was an example, there are many more :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Anonymous

Jun 17th 2012, 4:54:27

Every time I see someone with an iPhone I laugh inside at them.

I can just imagine them heading into Starbucks with their iMac and sitting there all day "writing their novel".

Drow Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 6:16:16

in many countries it's not custom to tip. here in Aus and NZ we have this thing called a decent minimum wage, where you don't NEED tips to survive, because min wage isn't like 4 bucks an hour...

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Sifos Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 8:59:05

Originally posted by galleri:
akula / galleri

So I should decide that everytime someone from your country comes into eat and not tip me that all of New Zealand are the BIGGEST ASSHOLES out there too?
Will do.

You should move to Sweden. Swedes would tip you $100; just because you like cats.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

anoniem Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 11:14:24

Originally posted by Drow:
in many countries it's not custom to tip. here in Aus and NZ we have this thing called a decent minimum wage, where you don't NEED tips to survive, because min wage isn't like 4 bucks an hour...

same in the UK.

UK minimum wage for workers aged 21 or over is £6.08 = $9.5 US
re(ally)tired

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 17th 2012, 13:55:47

This is has nothing to do with the tip. It is a point. Either way scode slowly proving his hate for me, even though he is denial :P

Bikerman Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 17:25:11

akula / galleri

This is why no manager lets me talk to customers - I would just explode in there face.

and, don't really believe that you have any friends :)

ohh and I used to work in a telecom company, have had more than 80 mobiles and until about 1 year ago you would be stupid not to buy an iphone - I still have mine and I still like it