Verified:

postman Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 3:33:15

My brother has passed away and the service is Wednesday.I was thinking of maybe giving some of his friends something small so when they see or use it they can think of him.
Is this a good idea or not?
What things could i make or buy

I figure it could not hurt to use these boards with all the high IQ's here.

BattleKJ Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 3:34:46

Sorry to hear about your loss. That sounds like a nice idea...

Sov Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 3:36:05

Sorry to hear about your brother. I wish you the best.

I think it is a good idea but as far as what you should give though I guess it should be something relevant to your brother.

Brink Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 4:09:42

Back when I was a smoker, I got a groomsman gift of an engraved zippo. Made me think of the guy everyday as I used it for years.

Think it could be a nice idea.

Mr.Silver

Jun 4th 2012, 7:20:25

SOrry to hear.

Something I found for a few friends that passed that was nice to receive was just a holder for the funeral brochure (wrong name, the paper with the picture and all the service information) to help it stay in good shape rather than just becoming ripped, bent, or whatever else might happen to it.

it's a small thing and easy to keep with other keep sakes. and can probably pick up something at Micheals or a dollar store, then place one service sheet in each.

Marco Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 8:52:47

Sorry for your loss.
Knowing your brother would help with ideas. What did he do for work? Was he known for anything in particular? Any hobbies that him and a lot of friends shared?

Boltar Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 9:33:00

postman, how about something like a picture thing like a cube with all pics of ur brother and some of his friends something like that

postman Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 19:54:35

he loved hunting and fishing,i was thinking of a small bottle of sand from his favorite fishing hole with a small trinket/charm inside.
or a fly lure for his buddies to keep on their fishing hat so he can go with them every time and bring them luck(but that excludes most of the girls he knew)

oh and thanks people!

Patience Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 17:46:07

Ouch... so sorry for your loss. :( When we lost my 18-year-old nephew a couple of years ago, we had rubber 'charity' bracelets made up for everyone in his favorite color with his name, dates, and his favorite phrase. It only took a day or two. But honestly, I think your idea is awesome if you have the time and inclination to pull it together.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

UltraMarines Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 19:55:16

Sorry for your loss. I think it sounds like the fly lure might be a great idea. Keep him close to all of his friends. I had a friend pass last year and his school actually made the rubber "charity" bracelets to help the family pay for the funeral and what not and a year later i still wear it every day. Best of luck