Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 16:55:39

Ever get annoyed at speed traps?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...er-free-speech-headlights

A judge in Sanford ruled Tuesday that a Lake Mary man was lawfully exercising his First Amendment rights when he flashed his headlights to warn neighbors that a deputy had set up a speed trap nearby.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 17:26:35

not anymore. i am getting a bit annoyed that i'm only doing around 5 mph on a unicycle that is supposed to cruise at 10 mph and sprint at 18 mph. i can't even bust the speed limit in the parking lot.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NukEvil Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 18:16:41

Yeah, we've had a couple other cases here in Florida where state troopers tried to hang tickets on motorists warning other motorists about upcoming speed traps/roadblocks by flashing their headlights.

Turns out, there is no clause in the Florida code that prohibits the flashing of headlights to warn others of potential danger. Ooops...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 18:56:57

Yeah, I get incredibly annoyed at Police Officers who are enforcing the law. How dare them!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 19:05:21

Originally posted by mrford:
Yeah, I get incredibly annoyed at Police Officers who are enforcing a law that doesn't even exist. How dare them!

Fixed it for you...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 19:10:06

mrford is prob driving around with a gun looking for someone to shoot...

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 19:13:38

I do keep a firearm in my car at most times, but I have yet to shoot anyone in the 5 years I have done so.

I also have a dozen or so speeding tickets in my past, but still do not blame the officers
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

May 23rd 2012, 20:20:43

I do keep a firearm in my car at most times, but I have yet to shoot anyone in the 5 years I have done so.

I also have a dozen or so speeding tickets in my past, but still do not blame the officers

just out of curiousity, what do you do with the gun when the car is being worked on? i ask because i knew some Sears mechanics in Texas who would stop the car fast just to see what slid out from under the seats.

locket Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 20:50:09

Why the hell do people whine about speed traps? You speed and you deserve a ticket. I hate it when the local radio sometimes says where they are... what is the point of having them and then publicly saying where they are. Don't drive crazily and you wont have a reason to complain.

May 23rd 2012, 20:55:11

Originally posted by locket:
Why the hell do people whine about speed traps? You speed and you deserve a ticket. I hate it when the local radio sometimes says where they are... what is the point of having them and then publicly saying where they are. Don't drive crazily and you wont have a reason to complain.

LOL. um, because the speed limits are made for what they feel the majority of people can handle or the majority of cars can handle? if i own a car that can stop in 1/2 or 1/4 of the distance that most cars stop and i have the reflexes to do it, how do you call it driving crazy if i'm actually driving within the specs of my car and my capabilities?

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 21:11:18

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

just out of curiousity, what do you do with the gun when the car is being worked on? i ask because i knew some Sears mechanics in Texas who would stop the car fast just to see what slid out from under the seats.

If I am not in the car, the gun is not in the car. And if I am planning on drinking any ammount, the gun does not get put in the car.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Brink Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 21:12:03

Dibs, it's not about you, it's about normalizing traffic to the lowest denominator. The car following you might not have the same abilities. It drives like you are assuming that if you are safe, so is he. But he isn't.

I can take 25 mph turns at 35 without breaking. It doesn't mean I should.

Now that I am an old man, I drive like one. Any of you would get frustrated riding with my slow ass.

May 23rd 2012, 21:15:44

Originally posted by Brink:
Dibs, it's not about you, it's about normalizing traffic to the lowest denominator. The car following you might not have the same abilities. It drives like you are assuming that if you are safe, so is he. But he isn't.

Now that I am an old man, I drive like one. Any of you would get frustrated riding with my slow ass.

when i drove it was based on conditions and i left plenty of room. and i really wish that i was allowed to shoot tailgaters because they really had no business being that far up my ass.

Cougar Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 21:34:15

when i drove it was based on conditions and i left plenty of room. and i really wish that i was allowed to shoot tailgaters because they really had no business being that far up my ass.

When anyone tailgates me, I just coast. No breaks, but no gas either.

Think I'm going too slow, how do you like me now?

May 23rd 2012, 21:46:16

Originally posted by Cougar:

i wasn't in the habit of putting myself into a dangerous situation just to piss someone off because of the way they were driving. i usually just hit the gas and said Cya Bye Bye.

Hyperion Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:07:34

Ive had people follow so close to the ass end of my truck that i can barely see their windshield. So i have a hitch on the back of my truck and if someone is that arrogant and wants to tail me while im already doing 10km/hr over the limit then i gear down (dont touch the break) and scare the fluff out of the person behind me.

Yes its real asshole of me to do that but i dont believe in excessive speeding. I believe is keeping pace with the rest of traffic.

Hyperion Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:13:57

But i guess since i posted in here i should do it in relation to the topic of the thread.

I feel that people shouldn't speed to the excess that they are going to put others in danger. Sure you may have control over your vehicle and have great response time. But you can never account for others. AS for alerting others of a police presence who is going to issue tickets for moving violations.... I hate most cops. I think they are just there to bring in cash for the city/county/province whatever. Traffic cops in my opinion are some of the most useless cops out there. They hate their job and as such will do whatever they can to make others lives miserable. Yes it sounds fluffy but hey what can ya do.

Cougar Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:14:15

i wasn't in the habit of putting myself into a dangerous situation just to piss someone off because of the way they were driving. i usually just hit the gas and said Cya Bye Bye.

If I'm going the speed limit (and likely a few over), and not in the passing lane, I see no problem with gradually slowing down. I'd assume the tailgater believes if he just drives that much closer to you, you will speed up. By coasting, he will get the idea and take off, all without the aggressiveness of a break-check.

NukEvil Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:18:47

My train horn makes tailgaters back off of me really quickly. Mainly because it's aimed in their direction.

May 23rd 2012, 22:25:30

If I'm going the speed limit (and likely a few over), and not in the passing lane, I see no problem with gradually slowing down. I'd assume the tailgater believes if he just drives that much closer to you, you will speed up. By coasting, he will get the idea and take off, all without the aggressiveness of a break-check.

i just hated having them near me. it didn't really make much sense, they had to speed to catch up to me, but they can't just keep on going and pass me, just have to sit on my bumper like they ain't the ones who are going to get the ticket first.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2012, 8:09:11

I'm a truck driver, I know all about the fluff they pull to rob the taxpayers, its really sickening ::vomits::
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2012, 12:29:28

Regarding speed traps I always flash my lights and appreciate others who do. The speed at which the police give tickets is arbitrary and up to them. Generally they don't give tickets for speeds between 1 and 20km over the limit, but sometimes they do. Just another law where the police can get you if they feel like it.

Regarding tailgaters, I see people who are totally oblivious creeping up behind me while I'm in cruise control and sitting 15 feet behind me on an otherwise empty highway. I accelerate away and go back to cruise, they creep up again. You see packs of these people riding along in convoys and smashing into each other when fog or black ice appears.

I randomly stamp on my brakes and scare the hell out of them until they back off.

EVO|Rasp

May 24th 2012, 12:49:05

Requiem, are you from Orlando?

Deerhunter Game profile

May 24th 2012, 13:14:28

I once had a car load full of guys get right on my ass while driving. They were mofoing me and yelling at me to pull over. I thought it so funny because i was on my way home from turkey hunting and i had a loaded 12 gauge shot gun in the front seat. I finally got where i could get over into the other land to let them pass. Instead they pulled up along side me taunting me to pull over. I yelled back "Are you serious?" and held up the shotgun (grabbing its barrel not pointing it at anything). All of the sudden their car had a rocket behind it and took off. I was LMFAO. People are so stupid. It goes to show you can never be certain what the other guy has. You should always assume it is a grenade launcher until it isnt.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Drow Game profile

May 24th 2012, 22:52:37

the whole concept of speed cameras is that it's supposed to get people to slow down right?
What do people do when you flash your lights? slow down.
IMO the cops should be happy that people flash their lights, and we should do it to people at random as well :P

also, on long hauls I like to sit fairly close behind large trucks because a) I know that they CAN'T stop in a hurry, and b) it increases the fuel economy of both my car and the truck.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2012, 23:14:50

You're a moron, Drow! I hate idiots like you that tailgate me, guess what, I fked couple of you already, cb the state patrol, tell him where I'm at, and write to a ticket for tailgating Ha! Eat fluff tailgaters! We got cb's!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Cougar Game profile

May 24th 2012, 23:17:22

Wasn't there an episode of MythBusters where they showed that to get any noticeable benefit from drafting, you have to be RIDICULOUSLY close to the truck?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2012, 23:18:36

Yes, Cougar, within a foot.
(•_•)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 24th 2012, 23:29:04

Yeah, I get incredibly annoyed at Police Officers who are enforcing the law. How dare them!
Drow nailed it. The point of speed cameras is to slow people down, not to catch people for speeding.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Schilling Game profile

May 24th 2012, 23:47:54

Speed trap resources could be put to better use. I think it's just a lazy way to say they're "doing their job."

There are areas that need to be patrolled better (in my city, anyway) especially from midnight to 0300, but they aren't covered since half the department is setting up speed traps/DUI traps in areas that have low to no traffic at that hour.

Try catching some real criminals...

Cabrito Game profile

May 25th 2012, 3:09:26

Do people know that the speed limit is really a suggested limit on normal conditions only?

However normal driving is 10 over anyway.

If its a bright sunny fluffing day out and your doing 30 in a fluffing 45 (and yes I have seen it) I am cussing your ass out out the window. SPEED THE fluff UP!

Oh AND GET THE fluff OFF YOUR CELLPHONE WHILE DRIVING!!!!!

Thank you.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb