Verified:

kemo Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 1:51:34

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
Originally posted by kemo:
if your against gays you should also be against straight people as they the ones who keep havin those gays...

ain't against them, just want to know why they should get extra rights if they ain't going to go around birthing any babies.

while no its not like startin a fire where the 2 guys rub their sticks together to make a baby they can still adopt. but i dont think they have extra rights do they?
all praised to ra

snawdog Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 2:01:25

GAY? MARRIAGE?....Those 2 words do not equate...
So Rockman wants us to accept his gay lover?
Nope..Not gunna do it,wasn't in the budget...
I kinna take Req's view of this as that i DO NOT believe in gay unions or as a lifestyle...I think there must be something chemically/biologically wrong to desire someone of your own sex..
If you wanna do it,fine...Just don't try to sell me on it.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 2:05:06

yes, if they marry then they get extra rights... it's basically what their entire campaign to force the state to let them get married is based on.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Serpentor Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 3:38:46

If they want to marry, who cares... Let em. Why would they not be allowed to spend a fortune on a one day party and then suffer like the rest of us. Lol j/k

And no matter how much you claim that it's not right, it's not going to suddenly change their minds and make them all decide to go straight. Could anyone change your mind from being straight? Probably not, you'd never change mine. They feel the same about same sex as we do about opposite sex. It's pretty simple.

Would you change your pov if your child grew up to be gay?
The EEVIL Empire

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 3:47:41

Originally posted by Serpentor:
If they want to marry, who cares... Let em. Why would they not be allowed to spend a fortune on a one day party and then suffer like the rest of us. Lol j/k

Over $1k on flowers... *tears out hair*

And my contribution to the topic -

http://squashed.tumblr.com/...ity-and-the-new-testament

May 23rd 2012, 10:53:42

Silent Sentinel Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 11:17:43

I'd take a gay as a friend before a crazy christian any day.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 12:55:49

Long ago the US gov saw the value in families being good for America. Because of this they get tax breaks and other discounts and advantages over everyone else. That said, if gay people are allowed to marry and it is recognized by the gov then they would be getting those tax breaks ect too. That would have a impact on everyone else. Where is all that tax revenue going to be made up from? From all the other single people out there. That is an unfair impact on them.

Secondly, like it or not the USA was founded with Christian values. Yes, you can practice any religion you want, as long as it does not harm anyone else here. However, we were founded with Christian ideals and Marriage is clearly defined as a union between a man and a woman.

Lastly, it goes against God. It goes against Nature. Yes some creatures go both ways to reproduce but Humans were not made that way. Therefore it goes against nature. And it goes against God. In almost any religion God makes it clear that man shall not lie with man. I have a duty to do what i can to prevent this just as i would with preventing murder or any other of the crimes against God.

No, i am not judging you. What anyone does is between them and their Maker. However, i feel compelled to do all i can to stop them from trying to infringe on others and what is clearly a (religious at heart) union meant to be ONLY between a man and a woman.

Bring it up for a Nationwide Vote. I would bet almost anything it gets defeated 60/40 or more. America does NOT want it. To all Gay people: I respect your right to be Gay. Now stop trying to force Gay on to everyone else.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 14:01:30

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Long ago the US gov saw the value in families being good for America. Because of this they get tax breaks and other discounts and advantages over everyone else. That said, if gay people are allowed to marry and it is recognized by the gov then they would be getting those tax breaks ect too. That would have a impact on everyone else. Where is all that tax revenue going to be made up from? From all the other single people out there. That is an unfair impact on them.

Tax breaks for families is stupid. They should not exist. Tax breaks do not exist to encourage people to get married. People make families without tax breaks. To say that gay people should have to carry a greater tax burden than single straight people is unfair.

Secondly, like it or not the USA was founded with Christian values. Yes, you can practice any religion you want, as long as it does not harm anyone else here. However, we were founded with Christian ideals and Marriage is clearly defined as a union between a man and a woman.

What Christian ideals are in our government? Laws against murder, rape, theft, etc? Those are universal ideals. The fact that there is freedom of religion is a pretty clear testament against this being founded as a Christian nation. Despite what Texas would have you believe, Thomas Jefferson was not even a Christian.

And yes, the Bible is pretty clear on what a marriage is http://www.gaychristianalliance.com/.../02/biblical-marriage.jpg Only between one man and one woman except for when it isn't.

Lastly, it goes against God. It goes against Nature. Yes some creatures go both ways to reproduce but Humans were not made that way. Therefore it goes against nature. And it goes against God. In almost any religion God makes it clear that man shall not lie with man. I have a duty to do what i can to prevent this just as i would with preventing murder or any other of the crimes against God.

How does it go against nature? There are people that are inherently gay. Some animals are observed to undertake "gay" activities. Natural is such an arbitrary term anyways, but that is a discussion for a different day. And how does it go against God? I know you have heard that from a bunch of ignorant people for all your life, and being the ignorant person you are just accepted that as fact. When you actually look at the Bible though you see that is not really clear.

http://squashed.tumblr.com/...ble-condemn-homosexuality

(I have looked at other sources to verify this person is speaking accurately and they are)

If you notice, Jesus never even spoke about homosexuality, or anything construable as homosexuality - it clearly was not a topic of interest.

No, i am not judging you. What anyone does is between them and their Maker. However, i feel compelled to do all i can to stop them from trying to infringe on others and what is clearly a (religious at heart) union meant to be ONLY between a man and a woman.

How does two people having equal rights infringe upon others? That makes no sense. These people can see each other in the hospital if one is critically ill. That is terrible. Just like you.

Bring it up for a Nationwide Vote. I would bet almost anything it gets defeated 60/40 or more. America does NOT want it. To all Gay people: I respect your right to be Gay. Now stop trying to force Gay on to everyone else.

It is possible we have a bigoted, ignorant nation just like you. Regardless of how you feel, gay people are not trying to make anyone else gay or force anything upon anyone else, despite how you feel.

(which as it turns out, you just might be gay
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014)
"Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies."

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 14:01:42

http://www.politico.com/...lined-to-back-124311.html

President Obama's same-sex marriage endorsement makes a full quarter of Florida voters less likely to cast their ballots for him, according to a poll released Monday.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 14:07:55

OMG LOLOLOL I think this pastor is a bit crazy:

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/...for-gays-so-they-die-out/

May 23rd 2012, 14:12:51

Originally posted by Requiem:
OMG LOLOLOL I think this pastor is a bit crazy:

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/...for-gays-so-they-die-out/

hehe, yeah. i saw that. though i question where all these gay people are coming from. must be a lot of people who repress their natural desires to satisfy their parents and society, or maybe it's just a communicable disease. seems to be spreading like wild fire lately. think they take their sex too seriously.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 14:22:03

Originally posted by Detmer:

Tax breaks for families is stupid. They should not exist. Tax breaks do not exist to encourage people to get married. People make families without tax breaks. To say that gay people should have to carry a greater tax burden than single straight people is unfair.

I NEVER said gey people should have to carry a greater tax burden than single straight people. I am arguing they should have the SAME burden and NOT get tax BREAKS. Are you stupid Detmer?

What Christian ideals are in our government? Laws against murder, rape, theft, etc? Those are universal ideals. The fact that there is freedom of religion is a pretty clear testament against this being founded as a Christian nation. Despite what Texas would have you believe, Thomas Jefferson was not even a Christian.

Once again, are you stupid Detmer? Look at our money. In God we trust is Stamped on it. How can you seriously argue that our country has no Christian ideals? The PLEDGE of Allegiance "one nation UNDER GOD" Our Declaration of Independence talks about rights "endowed by their Creator" DUDE, Detmer, again, are you stupid? It is ALL OVER this country. America, if it did have a national religion (and i am glad it does not) it would be Christian.

And yes, the Bible is pretty clear on what a marriage is http://www.gaychristianalliance.com/.../02/biblical-marriage.jpg Only between one man and one woman except for when it isn't.

How does it go against nature? There are people that are inherently gay. Some animals are observed to undertake "gay" activities. Natural is such an arbitrary term anyways, but that is a discussion for a different day. And how does it go against God? I know you have heard that from a bunch of ignorant people for all your life, and being the ignorant person you are just accepted that as fact. When you actually look at the Bible though you see that is not really clear.

It goes against Nature because if EVERYONE was gay that would pretty much end the human race. Of course Gay people would argue artificial incim. But it would end out existence.

http://squashed.tumblr.com/...ble-condemn-homosexuality

(I have looked at other sources to verify this person is speaking accurately and they are)

If you notice, Jesus never even spoke about homosexuality, or anything construable as homosexuality - it clearly was not a topic of interest.

How does two people having equal rights infringe upon others? That makes no sense. These people can see each other in the hospital if one is critically ill. That is terrible. Just like you.

It does infringe on others when it makes single people have to pick up the tax burden if gay people can get married and get tax breaks. Think on this say gay people currently pay 10% of our nations taxes (example only). If they were allowed to be married and get tax breaks then they would only have to pay 7% of the nations taxes. That 3% would have to be picked up somewhere. Therefore single people would have to pay more in taxes just so gay people can get married. Therefore it does infringe on single people. You really are dumb.

It is possible we have a bigoted, ignorant nation just like you. Regardless of how you feel, gay people are not trying to make anyone else gay or force anything upon anyone else, despite how you feel.

Stupid people like you always fall back to this. No, i am not gay. I am not homophobic. I do not have any problem with gay people. I have had gay friends and family members. I am not bigot. I have religious, moral, and ethical VALUES that i have to stand up for. Thanks GOD there are many more Americans who feel as i do than the minority who feel as you do. We take NOTHING away from gay people. Why do they (gay people) feel the need to take away from us?
(which as it turns out, you just might be gay
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014)
"Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies."
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 14:22:57

that didn't copy like i wanted it too but you still get my message.
I shall fear no retals,

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 15:12:20

I NEVER said gey people should have to carry a greater tax burden than single straight people. I am arguing they should have the SAME burden and NOT get tax BREAKS. Are you stupid Detmer?

No, you are stupid. I resisted calling you out on that before, but I want to be clear now that you are a complete idiot. If gay people can not get the same tax breaks as straight people, they have a higher tax burden. It is very clear, even if you can't understand it.

Once again, are you stupid Detmer? Look at our money. In God we trust is Stamped on it. How can you seriously argue that our country has no Christian ideals? The PLEDGE of Allegiance "one nation UNDER GOD" Our Declaration of Independence talks about rights "endowed by their Creator" DUDE, Detmer, again, are you stupid? It is ALL OVER this country. America, if it did have a national religion (and i am glad it does not) it would be Christian.

1) It does not say which God in any of the things you mentioned. You are just assuming it is the Abrahamic God because that fits your world view. There is no prescription for your (which as it turns out is also my) God.
2) Our nation was not founded saying "In God we trust" - that was added later
http://www.treasury.gov/...ages/in-god-we-trust.aspx
3) Again, pledge of allegiance was not written that way... one nation under God was added in 1954...
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Public_Law_83-396
4) As you mentioned, there is no national religion thus it is inappropriate to legislate religious matters. Even if "Christianity" were the national religion, the Bible does not teach that homosexuality is wrong. I notice you were incapable of responding to that point.

It goes against Nature because if EVERYONE was gay that would pretty much end the human race. Of course Gay people would argue artificial incim. But it would end out existence.

Our planet is over-populated. We are in no danger of ending humanity due to gayness. This is completely irrelevant. There have been gay people for all of time and we have never had to worry about extinction. Furthermore your argument actually makes no sense - lots of "natural" creatures have gone extinct and yet you seem to be saying that gayness is unnatural because it would lead to extinction. Plus, gay people are still capable of procreating.

It does infringe on others when it makes single people have to pick up the tax burden if gay people can get married and get tax breaks. Think on this say gay people currently pay 10% of our nations taxes (example only). If they were allowed to be married and get tax breaks then they would only have to pay 7% of the nations taxes. That 3% would have to be picked up somewhere. Therefore single people would have to pay more in taxes just so gay people can get married. Therefore it does infringe on single people. You really are dumb.

Ah yes, your original point - gay people should have to have a higher tax burden than straight people. How dare we end the gay-subsidy to straight people! Damn them infringing on us and getting equal rights!!!

Stupid people like you always fall back to this. No, i am not gay. I am not homophobic. I do not have any problem with gay people. I have had gay friends and family members. I am not bigot. I have religious, moral, and ethical VALUES that i have to stand up for. Thanks GOD there are many more Americans who feel as i do than the minority who feel as you do. We take NOTHING away from gay people. Why do they (gay people) feel the need to take away from us?

Ah yes, all of your VALUES which apparently stand for inequality. You take away the civil liberties of gay people that all legally joined couples have. YOU take away from them. You still have not said what they take away from you. (Although you seem to be awfully concerned about the taxes they pay... I am not surprised that your religious beliefs are underlain by the dollar... you are an idiot after all). I am not sure why you are grateful that there are (according to you) so many Americans who value inequality. It is just strange how hateful you are.

It is not a "fall back" to point out that homophobia is correlated with homosexuality. It is just a fact that makes you uneasy. It makes you question yourself (well, sure, it makes you just shout more loudly how red-blooded you are, but that doesn't change the reality).

I did get your message. You are an idiot who is easily refutable because your world view is based on faulty reasoning. You oppose homosexuality because someone told you to when you were a kid and you are incapable of applying reason to see that there is no religious or social backing for that.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 23rd 2012, 15:53:37

Detmer wins the thread.

I was in Mexico last week and for some reason, one of our guides was talking about homosexuality. He was saying that the Mayans (he was of Mayan decent) don't understand homosexuality, but they are fine with it because it doesn't impact them.

So congratulations, DH, your world view is behind the Mayans. And they nearly died out 500 years ago.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Serpentor Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:09:51

The church was probably founded on gays. They were the ones that decided never to marry a woman and went off to live together in the churches and monasteries. Probably so scared of their 'sinful' urges they removed themselves from normal society under the excuse of the church so that nobody confronts them about not marrying and having kids. They should have just accepted themselves for who they are instead of hiding behind the church and surrounding themselves with young boys who are too scared of the godly men to talk.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:12:52

oh no, those weren't gays, they were pedophiles. sorry my mistake. lol

The EEVIL Empire

May 23rd 2012, 16:13:46

Originally posted by Serpentor:
The church was probably founded on gays. They were the ones that decided never to marry a woman and went off to live together in the churches and monasteries. Probably so scared of their 'sinful' urges they removed themselves from normal society under the excuse of the church so that nobody confronts them about not marrying and having kids. They should have just accepted themselves for who they are instead of hiding behind the church and surrounding themselves with young boys who are too scared of the godly men to talk.

yah, and since the church had a measure of authority, we can say the gays were telling other people how to live.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:15:11

Detmer, clearly you are stupid. No, i do not hate gay people. YOU try to say i do but i do not. NO, they do not make me uneasy. I have no problem with them doing their thing as long as it does not effect me. Legalizing gay marriage WOULD effect ME. If would effect EVERY straight and gay person. It would take away form me. I know you are unable to understand that and all the other reasons i CLEARLY laid out above so i see no point in continuing to argue with someone as base as you.

It is a shame that just because a few can yell real loud that they assume they are right and everyone else must be wrong. On this issue, i stand with God. Yes, in the bible it says Man shall not lie with man. You do not get that so no point in going further. God will judge you and me. I feel confident i am right on this issue. Good luck to you.
I shall fear no retals,

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:20:51

Detmer, clearly you are stupid. No, i do not hate gay people. YOU try to say i do but i do not. NO, they do not make me uneasy. I have no problem with them doing their thing as long as it does not effect me. Legalizing gay marriage WOULD effect ME. If would effect EVERY straight and gay person. It would take away form me. I know you are unable to understand that and all the other reasons i CLEARLY laid out above so i see no point in continuing to argue with someone as base as you.

It is a shame that just because a few can yell real loud that they assume they are right and everyone else must be wrong. On this issue, i stand with God. Yes, in the bible it says Man shall not lie with man. You do not get that so no point in going further. God will judge you and me. I feel confident i am right on this issue. Good luck to you.

I said the fact that homophobia is correlated with homosexuality is what makes you uneasy. Reading comprehension hmm k? Since you are against gays getting tax breaks for being married as it will take away from you, I assume you are against equal pay rights for women? I assume you are also pro-slavery as that was very lucrative for white people? Where do the rights of human beings become more important than your personal weatlh? The problem is you worship money as much as God.

Have you ever eaten crab, shrimp or eaten a steak cooked rare? If so you might as well be gay based on your reasoning for not being homosexual. I find it interesting how you recite one line from the Bible with no context and you choose to ignore my links on Biblical interpretation. Clearly you have no desire to understand the Bible and God's Word. You just want to hide behind it as justification for your bigotry.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 16:23:09

I don't like the concept of being gay, I don't agree or understand it. You don't have to accept my heterosexuality just like I don't accept anyone being gay (unless it's two super hot chicks then its ok).

End of story!

Serpentor Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:24:27

good one dibs. lmao

The EEVIL Empire

Deerhunter Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:36:58

Detmer your lies and false allegations are easy to see through and do not deserve a response. You and people like you will NEVER change my, or others, opinion on this. Our opinion will never change because it is a black and white issue for us. Either gay marriage is right or it is wrong. We (MOST people in the US) agree it is wrong. That will not change. Keep spouting your lies and assumptions if you like. You are an ass. It makes it easy for others to see that.
I shall fear no retals,

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 16:38:50

Detmer your lies and false allegations are easy to see through and do not deserve a response. You and people like you will NEVER change my, or others, opinion on this. Our opinion will never change because it is a black and white issue for us. Either gay marriage is right or it is wrong. We (MOST people in the US) agree it is wrong. That will not change. Keep spouting your lies and assumptions if you like. You are an ass. It makes it easy for others to see that.

I know I will never change your opinion. Your opinion is counter to the Bible and you refuse to try to understand the Bible.

Also, why does it have to be right or wrong? The Bible doesn't say it is alright to post on the internet. Does that mean it must be wrong?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 16:50:17

Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink.

DH I don't think you have a problem with gay's getting the same tax breaks, or rights to visit in hospitals, etc... What you're against is the concept of gay relationships. You just don't articulate it in a very good way.

Someone being gay doesn't really impact you in any way, shape, or form. If you don't approve, that's fine, everyone has the right to their opinion, but basic rights that everyone should have if they so wish is the real issue here.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 17:59:52

1. The Government should not be in the marriage business. If the government wants to recognize cotracts called civil unions, so be it.

2. Marriage should be a religious only institution, that is only ceremonial, and does not cover any legal ground...(see above where civil union comes in.

3. In the state of minnesota there are 565 legal benefits that go with marriage, that same sex couples do not get. I'll share 2 examples I know of.

I know of a police officer, who if she is killed in the line of duty, her partnership is not recognized and her spouse and kids would not receive the benefit payouts that a heterosexual spouse would.

I know of a same gender couple, who worked at the Mayo Clinic, the spouse who worked at the clinic died, now usually, the pension automatically goes to her spouse, but since she didn't sign a paper that specifically stated she wanted it to go to her spouse, a brother (who is a right wing religious nut) swooped in and claimed the pension. Denying the pension to her partner of 25 yrs! If this had been a hertosexual couple, the benefit would have been automatic.

At the Mayo Clinic, same gender couples get the same benefits of hertosexual couples, however you have to pay federal and state taxes on the benefits. while heterosexual couples do not.

Need I go on.

4. I will debate anyone, who wants to use the Bible to say "Gay Marriage" isn't Christian. I will prove you wrong. Someone, dare to call me out on this:)

5. GLTBQ people deserve equal rights from the government. Enough said.

Deerhunter, my grandparents once flipped out when I dated an amazing, hot, African American Female, who was a finalist int he Miss Oklahoma pageant.
They were wrong. To them it was a black and white issue. HIstory has proven them wrong.
history will prove you wrong also:)

and trust me, they used the bible, the its not natural, what will you tell your kids about their heritage etc arguments. They were wrong.

PS, new polling data this year suggest over 50% of people support Gay marriage. The whole reason we're having this debate, is conservative saw this trend and tried to preempt it. All these state constitution laws are nothing but a preemptive FS, designed to delay the inevitable.
Z is #1

Atryn Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 18:02:44

...like it or not the USA was founded with Christian values. Yes, you can practice any religion you want, as long as it does not harm anyone else here. However, we were founded with Christian ideals and Marriage is clearly defined as a union between a man and a woman.

Lastly, it goes against God. ... And it goes against God. In almost any religion God makes it clear that man shall not lie with man. I have a duty to do what i can to prevent this just as i would with preventing murder or any other of the crimes against God.

DH, there are plenty of theocracies that I'm sure would be happy to provide you with a home. Your words above contradict yourself later in the thread... you say "America, if it did have a national religion (and i am glad it does not) it would be Christian." but yet above you assert that we DO need to adhere to a Christian standard in our nation and government. YOU need to choose, are you seeking a theocracy or freedom of religion? You cannot have it both ways.

Ever hear of a concept called "The Tyranny of the Majority"? This is something our constitution was specifically written to avoid. Your suggestion is laughable.

Detmer Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 18:10:38

Originally posted by Servant:
1. The Government should not be in the marriage business. If the government wants to recognize cotracts called civil unions, so be it.

2. Marriage should be a religious only institution, that is only ceremonial, and does not cover any legal ground...(see above where civil union comes in.

3. In the state of minnesota there are 565 legal benefits that go with marriage, that same sex couples do not get. I'll share 2 examples I know of.

I know of a police officer, who if she is killed in the line of duty, her partnership is not recognized and her spouse and kids would not receive the benefit payouts that a heterosexual spouse would.

I know of a same gender couple, who worked at the Mayo Clinic, the spouse who worked at the clinic died, now usually, the pension automatically goes to her spouse, but since she didn't sign a paper that specifically stated she wanted it to go to her spouse, a brother (who is a right wing religious nut) swooped in and claimed the pension. Denying the pension to her partner of 25 yrs! If this had been a hertosexual couple, the benefit would have been automatic.

At the Mayo Clinic, same gender couples get the same benefits of hertosexual couples, however you have to pay federal and state taxes on the benefits. while heterosexual couples do not.

Need I go on.

4. I will debate anyone, who wants to use the Bible to say "Gay Marriage" isn't Christian. I will prove you wrong. Someone, dare to call me out on this:)

5. GLTBQ people deserve equal rights from the government. Enough said.

Deerhunter, my grandparents once flipped out when I dated an amazing, hot, African American Female, who was a finalist int he Miss Oklahoma pageant.
They were wrong. To them it was a black and white issue. HIstory has proven them wrong.
history will prove you wrong also:)

and trust me, they used the bible, the its not natural, what will you tell your kids about their heritage etc arguments. They were wrong.

PS, new polling data this year suggest over 50% of people support Gay marriage. The whole reason we're having this debate, is conservative saw this trend and tried to preempt it. All these state constitution laws are nothing but a preemptive FS, designed to delay the inevitable.

Every word of this.

May 23rd 2012, 18:10:53

Originally posted by Servant:

the inevitable being that there will be 2 groups of people who receive preferential treatment because they are married.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 19:07:34

What if people want to marry their animals (i.e. Dibs)?

Trife Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 19:20:18

it's funny that the christians who are against gay marriage have no issues with divorce

kinda like they're all about protecting unborn fetuses, but once that baby is born they have no problems with the death penalty

lol

silly christians

May 23rd 2012, 19:52:16

Originally posted by Requiem:
What if people want to marry their animals (i.e. Dibs)?

ain't got much chance of me marrying anything. well, maybe a bottle of booze. but they don't seem to have a problem with me renting it yet. besides, all my animals are dead, cremated and sitting in little boxes, and they don't do windows.

i'd have to knock up some poor innocent woman to get married. and then i'd probably only be doing it so that the poor innocent child wasn't born a bass turd. 50% divorce rate? yeah, right. they're getting married because they're in love... think it's probably just a way for women to make money. dunno.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on May 23rd 2012, 20:06:31
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 20:07:20

blid

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 20:11:17

surprised how reactionary this forum is, thought people pretty much universally believed in gay marriage on Internet forums (outside of the conservative political ones) these days.

let gay peeps get married. let them call it marriage. your church doesn't have to marry them if it's got a problem with it.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

May 23rd 2012, 20:26:11

Originally posted by blid:
surprised how reactionary this forum is, thought people pretty much universally believed in gay marriage on Internet forums (outside of the conservative political ones) these days.

let gay peeps get married. let them call it marriage. your church doesn't have to marry them if it's got a problem with it.

this forum has always been reactionary because it's a diverse group of people and a good many just don't see eye to eye.

the problem isn't about the churches. the problem is about the government's involvement. it's essentially just a civil contract, but they're using tax payer dollars to, um, regulate it?

Deerhunter Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 20:47:07

Originally posted by Atryn:
...like it or not the USA was founded with Christian values. Yes, you can practice any religion you want, as long as it does not harm anyone else here. However, we were founded with Christian ideals and Marriage is clearly defined as a union between a man and a woman.

Lastly, it goes against God. ... And it goes against God. In almost any religion God makes it clear that man shall not lie with man. I have a duty to do what i can to prevent this just as i would with preventing murder or any other of the crimes against God.

DH, there are plenty of theocracies that I'm sure would be happy to provide you with a home. Your words above contradict yourself later in the thread... you say "America, if it did have a national religion (and i am glad it does not) it would be Christian." but yet above you assert that we DO need to adhere to a Christian standard in our nation and government. YOU need to choose, are you seeking a theocracy or freedom of religion? You cannot have it both ways.

Ever hear of a concept called "The Tyranny of the Majority"? This is something our constitution was specifically written to avoid. Your suggestion is laughable.

I do not contradict myself at all. Yes America was founded with Christian values. Yes, if there was a national religion I think it would be Christian. Yes i am glad there is no national religion. I do not fee any need to force my views on others and would not like them to force theirs on mine. I take great pride that any religion can be practiced here in the USA.

And Req, my views on Gay relationships is that it is between the people involved in them. I do not PERSONALLY agree with it but i leave that up to them to decide. I do feel that if gay marriage was legalized that it would cheapen the whole concept of marriage. I do believe that Marriage as it is defined by the union between a man and a woman is a good thing for our society. If you want to argue to take away all tax breaks and make everyone the same thats fine- good luck arguing that. I am against anything that alows Gay Marriage. I have said before and i will say here- if Gay people want to have a Civil Union- i have no problem with that and would even support a vote allowing that. I have a problem with Gay Marriage. Understand, i am not homophobic, i just do not believe in it. My big mistake is trying to explain why to a bunch of Left wing nut cases.
I shall fear no retals,

blid

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 21:02:23

this forum has always been reactionary because it's a diverse group of people and a good many just don't see eye to eye.

the problem isn't about the churches. the problem is about the government's involvement. it's essentially just a civil contract, but they're using tax payer dollars to, um, regulate it?
whether you agree with the tax treatment of marriages shouldn't really have anything to do with refusing gay folk equal rights
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

May 23rd 2012, 21:06:42

whether you agree with the tax treatment of marriages shouldn't really have anything to do with refusing gay folk equal rights

it is not equal rights. if it was equal rights then a single person would have the same rights. married people have enhanced rights and receive preferential treatment in society because they are going to make the babies.

blid

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 21:14:17

it is not equal rights. if it was equal rights then a single person would have the same rights. married people have enhanced rights and receive preferential treatment in society because they are going to make the babies.
im trying to say it doesnt matter what kind of privileges married people get. as i said, if you dont like those privileges adn want to abolish them or something, fine. but either way, if straight people can get married to their partners, gay people shoudl be able too, that's why it's an equal rights issue. to say otherwise would be to discriminate on the basis of sexuality. besides which, married gay couples can and do adopt kids, find a surrogate mother/sperm donor, etc

May 23rd 2012, 21:21:35

it's not an equal rights issue because the gay people ain't going to be popping out babies. you can state that we have the technology and capability of letting them pretend to be parents, but they don't actually have the drive to do what it takes to become parents, so there ain't any discrimination on the basis of sexuality because they have no interest in the opposite sex.

hmmm, maybe i gets to call them sexually handicapped now.

blid

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 21:32:20

your response makes no sense. if they're actually raising children (which they can and do) then they're not "pretending" to be p arents. botto mline, if straight people cna marry their partners gay people should be able to also, otherwise youre discriminating based on sexual orientation

May 23rd 2012, 21:42:40

my response makes perfect sense. you're stating that because we have the technology or an overabundance of children produced by heterosexual couples that the gays can raise children. it's not a question about their ability to raise children, it's a question of whether or not they can produce children.

i tell you that the reason that hetrosexual couples get preferential treatment is because of their ability to produce children and create a family, and you just keep going on about how the gays are being discriminated against because of their sexual preference.

braden Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 21:53:11

well, as a single person.. i demand all the rights of married people everywhere.

equal rights, come on now..

if they were born destined to be gay, then i was born destined to be a smoker and a drug user. have we spoken about the equal rights and all that, yet?

or do you just really, really not want me smoking in the booth next to you at the restaurant? i call that unfair and discriminatory, so you have to stop wanting this?

also, i used cocaine in the last five years, so i can not donate blood. neither can the gays, i don't think. if they eventually get to, then so do i?

crest23 Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 21:54:17

What Bible is Rockman reading and there is no such thing as "a marriage between two celibate people of the same sex". Civil union maybe, but not a marriage.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

May 23rd 2012, 22:06:12

my response makes perfect sense. you're stating that because we have the technology or an overabundance of children produced by heterosexual couples that the gays can raise children. it's not a question about their ability to raise children, it's a question of whether or not they can produce children.

i tell you that the reason that hetrosexual couples get preferential treatment is because of their ability to produce children and create a family, and you just keep going on about how the gays are being discriminated against because of their sexual preference.
but you're wrong, because there is also the status that comes with being a married couple, as well as many other benefits and privileges that have nothing to do with incentivizing childbirth. i really think that's just a giant red herring you're using because you don't want gay ppl to be able to be married like straights, but once again gay people can not only adopt, but also conceive children for childbirth (gay men can use their semen toward the birth of a child, gay women can use a donor and carry a child and birth it).

Originally posted by braden:
well, as a single person.. i demand all the rights of married people everywhere.

equal rights, come on now..
wow, we're really descending into inane arguments now. this doesn't even make sense, as a single person you should have the right to marry someone of your choosing. simple as that.

Originally posted by braden:

if they were born destined to be gay, then i was born destined to be a smoker and a drug user. have we spoken about the equal rights and all that, yet?

or do you just really, really not want me smoking in the booth next to you at the restaurant? i call that unfair and discriminatory, so you have to stop wanting this?

also, i used cocaine in the last five years, so i can not donate blood. neither can the gays, i don't think. if they eventually get to, then so do i?
smokers and drug users can still get married... yes people are sometimes born with a greater propensity for addiction, we should have treatment centers and safety nets for them, and smoking in closed spaces is a health hazard, and wait a minute, what on earth are we talking about here. youre really taking this argument off the rails

braden Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:12:40

i'm very good at that :P

now take how you feel about my above demands- take that feeling, apply it to how OTHERS might feel about gays marrying.

i don't think anybody in this thread has said gays can't go on dates, or move in together? what is so special about marriage that they want? why is it absurd for a single person to want those things, too?

i'm not really looking for an argument, so.. don't feel obligated to point out my stupidity :P

May 23rd 2012, 22:12:58

but you're wrong, because there is also the status that comes with being a married couple, as well as many other benefits and privileges that have nothing to do with incentivizing childbirth. i really think that's just a giant red herring you're using because you don't want gay ppl to be able to be married like straights, but once again gay people can not only adopt, but also conceive children for childbirth (gay men can use their semen toward the birth of a child, gay women can use a donor and carry a child and birth it).

no, i ain't wrong because they can also engage in hetrosexual sex and get the same thing without any nifty technology. they just ain't interested in doing it, which is why they shouldn't be rewarded with the benefits or societal recognition that comes from being married.

braden Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:13:38

cooking in enclosed areas is a health hazard.. open a window, run a vent?

smokers welcome!

crest23 Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 22:22:27

Hey Pang, where are the Mayans now? What happened to that civilization I wonder?
The Nigerian Nightmare.