Verified:

braden Game profile

May 13th 2012, 10:57:43

i thought were brought to zero after you make an attack?

so buddy goes into 24 DR, hits me for nine hundred acres, i retal less than six hours later for 180 acres. He made four ps's since he last took an ab

dr on this server is purely time related, twenty four hours, nothing can draw you out of dr other than time?

(i'm confused, is all :( )

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 13th 2012, 13:18:40

he would have to make 24 attacks to come out of DR
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Deerhunter Game profile

May 13th 2012, 13:58:54

DR needs to be fixed. I agree as soon as you make one attack they could take away DR.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

braden Game profile

May 13th 2012, 16:24:37

warster.. that makes sense, thank you :(

now.. what ever happened to.. if you hit while in dr, the person you retal gets their first hit back without the dr in effect.. or am i dreaming on this one??

braden Game profile

May 13th 2012, 16:25:36

hm, maybe this was if you hit and then you're put into dr, the person gets their first retal without dr in effect?

excuse my ignorance.. i also feel like i asked these same questions maybe four resets ago :P

Deerhunter Game profile

May 13th 2012, 16:39:42

the answer to both of your questions is that in the current game whoever abuses DRs the most benefit the most. Whoever trys to play clean and does not use DR to their advantage, gets farmed by those who do USE DRs. Basically, the only ones who get ahead are those who abuse DRs.

If your clean your just another sucker under the current rules. I hope that explains it for you both.

Sincerely,

A fellow Sucker.
I shall fear no retals,

braden Game profile

May 13th 2012, 16:45:11

but i recall, albeit vaguely, that dr fixes were put into place for exactly these situations.. or have i just lost my mind?

(but thank you, fellow sucker! :P)

mdemon Game profile

May 13th 2012, 16:55:19

If you suspect someone is cheating the best thing to do is to report them. I remember reading about people getting deleted for putting their friends in deep DR.

mdemon Game profile

May 13th 2012, 16:58:14

Having said that, don't be a moron and assume that everyone cheats because they happen to be in DR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message from Waateva (#116) sent on 05/13/2012 00:44:33
Report this message
i'm just trying to get my land back... you play like a multi topfeeding for your friends to farm. Reply

Delete

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message from Number (#19) sent on 05/13/2012 12:59:50
Report this message
oh how cute, you're running 3 countries. must be an rd-er Reply

Delete

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

braden Game profile

May 13th 2012, 17:04:30

i'm in rd, i didn't know i get to run three?

mdemon Game profile

May 13th 2012, 17:09:30

Are you sure? cause that guy seem confident that you guys RD is ran by 9 people. If you do the math it all adds up :P

27 countries/3 countries per person = 9 people running them :)

braden Game profile

May 13th 2012, 17:12:32

i did just report, but honestly before you mentioned it i was here because i was wanting my fair retal, and i thought i would get it. when i didn't, i asked about that. but the cheating does seem likely :(

i'm john birch, he'll be the guy who got away with hundreds of my acres despite being on 24k

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2012, 18:09:31

I put 2 guys in DR (90) last night, they are not cheating, they multi tapped the wrong guy, as soon as i see any one of them take advantage of their DR, ill blast em again :*
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

May 13th 2012, 18:50:40

Originally posted by mdemon:
Having said that, don't be a moron and assume that everyone cheats because they happen to be in DR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message from Waateva (#116) sent on 05/13/2012 00:44:33
Report this message
i'm just trying to get my land back... you play like a multi topfeeding for your friends to farm. Reply

Delete

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message from Number (#19) sent on 05/13/2012 12:59:50
Report this message
oh how cute, you're running 3 countries. must be an rd-er Reply

Delete

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are abusing DR though and hitting guys who need to hit 10 times to get their land back because of it. Do you think they shouldn't be mad?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

boneSAW1

May 15th 2012, 8:52:39

Dr on express server is fine what we do need is to get the gs cheaters deleted set after set when they accur. +bonus

braden Game profile

May 15th 2012, 11:13:22

make it so that if you're in 6+ DR then any landgrab you make that isn't a retal gets the same results as YOUR six DR.

effectively curbs hitting for a thousand acres and being retalled for 180.

no?

Alin Game profile

May 15th 2012, 12:02:46

One of the countries Mdemon hit was mine. And i farmed him to get the land back, not to put him in DR ( so no, he wasn`t cheating using Drs).

However DR are a problem - if a DR country hits , you`ll have to work your ass off to be able to retal and get your land back.

DR sucks on this server ...

Deerhunter Game profile

May 15th 2012, 13:53:03

confirmed- this server rules sux.
I shall fear no retals,

blid

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 13:58:20

Originally posted by boneSAW1:
Dr on express server is fine what we do need is to get the gs cheaters deleted set after set when they accur. +bonus
Countries like mdemon come out of protection with no defense on purpose, go into heavy DR from several small hits, and then jet up and hit players who can't get their land back. And if they do hit multiple times to retake their land, it keeps the player in DR for another 24 hours. It's not just GS that's a problem.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 15:35:45

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by boneSAW1:
Countries like mdemon come out of protection with no defense on purpose, go into heavy DR from several small hits, and then jet up and hit players who can't get their land back. And if they do hit multiple times to retake their land, it keeps the player in DR for another 24 hours. It's not just GS that's a problem.

The GDI rules in Express were designed to prevent crazy suiciders. An unfortunate side effect has been that lots of people spend the whole set bottomfeeding, especially since Humanitarian protection is set at 12X and there are lots of ghost acres.

Coming out of protection with no defence is a sensible strategy since you are going to be hit for sure anyway, so why lose a bunch of turrets as well? Then you can use the DR to jet up and take revenge on the bottomfeeders and get your land back. Then, once you are back at zero DR, you buy turrets and play normally.

The only thing against the rules is purposely having someone put you in DR. Being put in DR by greedy bottomfeeders is quite legal.

blid

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 17:06:41

Originally posted by Getafix:

Coming out of protection with no defence is a sensible strategy since you are going to be hit for sure anyway, so why lose a bunch of turrets as well?
Why are you going to be hit for sure anyway? It's not very hard to avoid being hit.

Coming out with intentionally low defense so you can wrap yourself in a cloak of DR invincibility for 24+ hours is a flaw and an exploit of the broken DR.

Edited By: blid on May 15th 2012, 18:26:45
See Original Post

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 22:04:26

In every set just about every country in the bottom half has a DR of 4 or more. So yes, you are going to be hit for sure. People who play a bottomfeeding strategy like Oldman and JJ23 hit 70 or more small countries. They are protected from tanks, troops and missiles by GDI. Thats a flaw and an exploit of GDI.

blid

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 22:10:41

I guess if you're going to sit on the bottom half, then yes, you'll probably take some hits. But there's no need for that, and a player like you or mdemon doesn't need to be hit if you don't want to be.

Taking a few hits and coming back for retals is a strategy. Taking a dozen hits and going deep into DR so you can jet up or buy more tech and less defense is a DR exploit.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 22:12:19

You could say that people protected by DR who midfeed and maximize gains are abusing DR. However, if those people concentrate their attacks on the worst offenders amoungst the bottomfeeders, then thats just desserts, IMO. I've played that strategy a few times and had great satisfaction is hitting the people who had hit the most small countries.

braden Game profile

May 15th 2012, 23:11:00

[/quote]Why are you going to be hit for sure anyway? It's not very hard to avoid being hit [/quote]

because if i play any strategy NOT before i get 300 turns, the early game commies are going to landgrab me. Somebody with three hundred turns played as an early commie will be able to break my sixty thousand turrets every time. why do i only have sixty thousand turrets? because i'm a casher having played a hundred turns.. where am i supposed to get my defense from?

me being in six dr and you not wanting to landgrab for eighty acres isn't a bug. When I retal you sixteen hours later for eight hundred acres, this isn't a bug either.

If you're in six dr, and go topfeeding, and your DR is put onto any grabs you make that isn't a retal, then you can not do this, because your topfeed will get fluff returns, more or less equal to what they'll get in their retal.

(i fluffed up the quoting.. not sure how, but i did :P)

Deerhunter Game profile

May 15th 2012, 23:22:22

i like your idea braden. If i got it right they need to apply DRs to any other grabs other than the retals. Then once your out of DR your top feed will act as a regular grab.
I shall fear no retals,

crest23 Game profile

May 16th 2012, 4:32:26

In every set just about every country in the bottom half has a DR of 4 or more. So yes, you are going to be hit for sure. People who play a bottomfeeding strategy like Oldman and JJ23 hit 70 or more small countries. They are protected from tanks, troops and missiles by GDI. Thats a flaw and an exploit of GDI.

That's not a flaw. Tourny has no GDI yet a lot of bottom feeders do quite well there. Also, if it had eestats, I've pretty sure you would see a lot of countries with 5+ DR too.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

May 16th 2012, 6:37:27

LOL, tourney has more farming than any other server despite there being no GDI.

Though I do think that's largely because of the lack of targets.

oldman Game profile

May 16th 2012, 13:59:35

still talking about me even though I'm not playing express anymore? move on Getafix =)

silentwolf Game profile

May 19th 2012, 15:53:59

weedy .. that asshat.. hit me too !

express needs to fix dr and war dec timing due to the nature of the game.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

May 20th 2012, 21:46:49

DR is RD backwards.... hmmmmmm