Verified:

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 2:41:37

just watched the latest episode. awesome show. reading the books right now but am behind the tv series.

so decided to try to relate it to earth. based on what's happened in the tv series so far:

House Lannister - LaF
The strongest alliance/house out there, but they look to be in trouble, surrounded by enemies. Probably engaged in quite a bit of foul play, now finding that it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

House Targaryen - Evo
Used to be the kings of the server. Probably spend most of their time talking about how great they used to be and how bad the current kings of the server are.

Stannis Barathreon - PDM
Never been that big on making friends and politics and stuff. Always stubborn about their policies though. Glanced at wikipedia to clarify some other stuff and inadvertently found out they're going to get crushed. Sounds like PDM.

King Joffrey - Ivan
Quite possibly the worst choice to ever lead anything.

and by extension... Cersei Lannister/Tyrion Lannister - whoever in SoF is in charge of reversing Ivan's terrible decisions. They're still loyal to SoF but they probably spend a lot of time doing damage control.

The Greyjoys - iMag
Irrelevant, ineffective but seem to be causing trouble by striking unexpecting neighbours who would crush them every time in a fair fight.

The Wall/Nights Watch - Monsters
An institution and politically neutral, but can't really do things well any more.

Varys - Hanlong
"Master of spies"

Hodor - Dagga
HODOR!
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 2:45:44

This is the most accurate interpretation of this game ever.

I thank you for this.

Also, that show is awesome and the books are too. Though later on in the books things get so bogged down in names and relations.

Eric171 Game profile

May 14th 2012, 2:50:50

Wow, that is an imaginative way of bashing Ivan and SOF.

Shows you know nothing about how sof works, but you still get points for being creative in your trolling attempt.

Detmer Game profile

May 14th 2012, 2:54:41

I need to finish GoT asap so I can read this thread! No illegal posting until then!

Pride Game profile

May 14th 2012, 2:59:09

This season has SUCKED.

I am very disappointed.

JanPaul

May 14th 2012, 3:08:57

who's the imp? ahh.. Pontius Pirate.

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 3:12:43

Originally posted by Eric171:

Shows you know nothing about how sof works, but you still get points for being creative in your trolling attempt.

I took it as more joking, but perhaps it has venom to it.

Originally posted by Pride:
This season has SUCKED.
I am very disappointed.

I think it's okay, it is hard to compare. You kill Ned Stark up to that point the main character, it's hard to take off from there.

Season has been interesting though if nothing else. I also like how Tyrion has become a fairly important character.

What more do you want from the show ;p
Did you read the book?

Pride Game profile

May 14th 2012, 3:14:32

I want more action! :P

No I haven't there on my (to read list) lol

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 3:26:29

Originally posted by Eric171:

Seriously? I bash LaF, Evo, PDM, iMag, Dagga, Monsters and Ivan and you decide to focus on... SoF who I DIDN'T bash?

Funny how people always see what they want to see, eh?

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Monex Game profile

May 14th 2012, 3:28:40

The first season and the book were of equal caliber. But the second season sucks compared to the book. It is leaving out a better part of the main plot and is missing some important characters and chapters.

The plot takes some much unexpected twists. Read the books!

Edited By: Monex on May 14th 2012, 3:34:05
See Original Post
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 3:44:22

Originally posted by Pride:
I want more action! :P
No I haven't there on my (to read list) lol

Oh yeah, I can completely agree to that. The amount of nonsense talk and what have you is way up, while action, nudity, violence, sex, and etc are way down. I would even say that moving the story along is much slower.

When you read the books it can fill in some of that.

Originally posted by Monex:
The first season and the book were of equal caliber. But the second season sucks compared to the book. It is leaving out a better part of the main plot and is missing some important characters and chapters.

The plot takes some much unexpected twists. Read the books!

Agree completely but it's not fair to compare a show vs a book.

I can't think of a single time where a show or movie beats their book. The second season is jumping around too much, but the books do too. I just don't think there is any chance for the show to keep up with the books as they are fairly jumpy and detailed and really contain a lot of main arch and side quests.

I am just happy that the show is watchable and interesting. One of my favorite novel series completely failed those when it went to show.

dagga Game profile

May 14th 2012, 3:51:47

"Hodor is large and slow of wits, but is gentle and loyal to the Stark family. He is only capable of saying one word, Hodor."
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 14th 2012, 3:53:52

@anonymous: I actually could think of examples where movies were better than books. But not right now, I'm tired..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 3:55:19

Oh I am sure some exist, but I can't think of any.
I would certainly say in the majority the books are better.

edit: Maybe 300, though based on a comic I never read, I heard some say the movie was much better. Though it seems with that movie people either hated it or loved it.

Junky Game profile

May 14th 2012, 4:01:29

never watched this series.. should I get into it, or leave it be.. I'm loving my Walking Dead Series's.. sept the Dale part.. stupidest way to die ever...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

madjsp Game profile

May 14th 2012, 4:08:44

ahahaha king joffrey!

haven't seen tonight's episode yet though!
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 4:16:31

Originally posted by Junky:
never watched this series.. should I get into it, or leave it be.. I'm loving my Walking Dead Series's.. sept the Dale part.. stupidest way to die ever...

If you like or don't mind the random nudity, sex(fairly non graphical), violence, blood and lite gore then the story is pretty decent, the characters are at least partially likeable and some of them well defined(at this point, this gets a little better in the books later on).

It is lightly based on fantasy. Just barely, the rest is somewhat medieval intrigue and with doses of historical epic, and a bunch of other stuff.

It's certainly decent, we have enjoyed watching it here.

As I have no clue where the show will go, from the book perspective, if you don't think you will like a show with power struggles, backstabbing, and spying then this isn't for you probably. Without spoiling anything, let me just say that if you hear more than 1 person talking then likely you are witnessing information extraction, lies, propaganda, threats, or some mixture there of.

Edited By: Anonymous on May 14th 2012, 4:21:12
See Original Post

Eric171 Game profile

May 14th 2012, 4:20:59

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Seriously? I bash LaF, Evo, PDM, iMag, Dagga, Monsters and Ivan and you decide to focus on... SoF who I DIDN'T bash?

Funny how people always see what they want to see, eh?

eh? You bashed ivan, dagga and maybe imag. The rest is hardly a bash, considering how the series is developing or how the clan sees itself.

iScode Game profile

May 14th 2012, 5:16:32

So bitter PP, want a hug? lol
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 14th 2012, 5:42:28

I am upset PP, we are actually winning for once :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

pele Game profile

May 14th 2012, 5:58:26

lol, funny reading pp

starks?
tyrell?
martells?
tullys?

the king of the wildlings north of the wall?

lostmonk Game profile

May 14th 2012, 9:47:08

I have to say, once you see Joffrey and the stag scepter, you realize just how Ivan he is!!!
Done.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 12:38:04

Originally posted by pele:
lol, funny reading pp

starks?
tyrell?
martells?
tullys?

the king of the wildlings north of the wall?

Couldn't think of anything, was considering both SOL and MD for the Starks but it's just not that good of a fit.

Margery Tyrell istrying to marry a king and House Tyrell avoids a lot of conflict so maybe someone like LCN who tends to end up on the winning side after not doing anything could be a candidate.

For the Wildings, probably untaggeds. I was thinking suiciders but it doesn't fit that well.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 12:41:46

(but neither of those is a great fit, so I didn't want ot post :P)

EVO|Rasp

May 14th 2012, 12:55:00

Evo's got dragons? Cool!

de1i Game profile

May 14th 2012, 14:16:11

You can't have 2 alliances be the same family :P

LaF = House Tyrell
SoF = Lannister

Last night's episode has been the best one of the series.

Patience Game profile

May 14th 2012, 14:44:51

I haven't had time to watch any of this season's eps, but have them on PVR. I'm 90% finished the third book though... SO good! Can't put them down.

Ivan, you're nothing like Joffrey. Don't let 'em give you a hard time. ;)
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 14th 2012, 15:08:19

psssh lol
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

aponic Game profile

May 14th 2012, 16:13:53

I found this post very amusing. Thanks PP
SOF
Cerevisi

SirSepher Game profile

May 14th 2012, 16:15:06

Yeah... last nights episode was pretty epic...

I wonder who Theon would be...
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

archaic Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:45:41

The may be the merit a PP post has ever had
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Serpentor Game profile

May 14th 2012, 19:15:10

The children of the Forrest are IX. They've long been gone from the world, yet there are thought to be some hidden around the server somewhere.
The EEVIL Empire

UltraMarines Game profile

May 14th 2012, 19:27:07

Entertaining! Read the books for sure, they are incredible. Can be alot of "history" and things like that to process, but there really isnt a way for the show to translate that information to the viewer. Its still a pretty good show though.

Trife Game profile

May 14th 2012, 20:07:02

game of thrones.. is that the show with the glittery vampires?

Drow Game profile

May 15th 2012, 0:49:16

how do you figure that cersei/tyrion lannister (and by extension Joffrey, the incestuous son of cersei and jaime) are sof'ers?
by your own declaration that house lannister is LaF, these would all have to be leaders in LaF. Hanlong could be Cersei I guess...

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Chadius Game profile

May 15th 2012, 1:01:24

Jon Snow. (shakes head) He has to stop thinking with the other brain. :)
LAF

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2012, 4:44:35

Originally posted by martian:
@anonymous: I actually could think of examples where movies were better than books. But not right now, I'm tired..

How about: The Hunt for Red October, Tom Clancy

Anonymous

May 15th 2012, 4:48:01

Originally posted by Getafix:
Originally posted by martian:

How about: The Hunt for Red October, Tom Clancy

Love that movie, watched it too many times. Never read the book but I would agree!

iScode Game profile

May 15th 2012, 5:19:47

no way. book is better than the movie :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Anonymous

May 15th 2012, 5:21:23

You don't like Sean Connery or something?

MorTcuS Game profile

May 15th 2012, 5:32:24

is the latest 5 or they released 6?
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

[IX]Mobster

May 15th 2012, 6:24:24

Hodor is the best... HODOR!

Duna Game profile

May 15th 2012, 7:15:10

Stannis Barathreon - PDM

Stannis Barathreon is known warrior... And PDM.... PDM is just PDM... So, denied.

The Wall/Nights Watch - Monsters

Nights Watch works for all empire. And what Monsters did for EE? So, denied.

Dagga is hodor!

Drow Game profile

May 15th 2012, 8:46:39

Duna: Don't I recall you being head of DU back in the day? Don't I also recall walling you guys out whilst blind drunk as a skunk, and for 3 days on end whilst all I had was a mobile phone??
Who are you to talk about warring? Couldn't even kill ONE measly drunken player's country.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

iScode Game profile

May 15th 2012, 8:47:15

i just like books anon, like the movie but the book better. :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!