Verified:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 9th 2012, 19:28:45

Please continue to vote in state initiatives banning gay marriages and other such things. This only serves to benefit the local economy where I live (local mayor not withstanding) in terms tourist dollars.

++martian
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Nekked Game profile

May 9th 2012, 19:32:50

key west?

Trife Game profile

May 9th 2012, 19:36:57

north carolina is pretty bass ackwards. not surprising they passed that stupid measure

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 9th 2012, 19:48:11

North Carolina, where you can marry your cousin, just not your gay cousin.
Smarter than your average bear.

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:10:22

North Carolina is the greatest state in the Union, and has sacrificed much for the Union.

Don't hate because a few crazy Christian bible thumpers decided to vote. It will be overturned rather rapidly, from what I'm hearing from my friends that still live there.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Sifos Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:12:33

mrford's friends said it so it must be true!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:13:56

You are a terrible troll
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Deerhunter Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:18:43

I will ALWAYS vote against gay marriage. I am totally fine with civil unions but marriage in my book (bible and nature) is only defined between a man and a woman. And no, sex changes do not count.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

trumper Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:27:15

Originally posted by mrford:
North Carolina is the greatest state in the Union, and has sacrificed much for the Union.

Don't hate because a few crazy Christian bible thumpers decided to vote. It will be overturned rather rapidly, from what I'm hearing from my friends that still live there.

I actually don't think it will be overturned given it falls under licensure issues, which are strictly left to the will of the states.

With that said, I have no problem with gay marriage. Probably the issue I'm most "liberal" on if one could consider it a liberal stance (I don't because I see it as a libertarian viewpoint).

mdemon Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:36:06

I vote democrat, for environmental issues and the humane treatment of animals. I have nothing against homosexuals, I think it's good for the planet since in most cases it reduces population. However, I don't like the homosexual agenda which tries to impose a lifestyle into society. It is as if they have a fight against Christian beliefs.
I say call it what you want but just respect what is establish as a husband and a wife (marriage).

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:37:27

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
I will ALWAYS vote against gay marriage. I am totally fine with civil unions but marriage in my book (bible and nature) is only defined between a man and a woman. And no, sex changes do not count.

Equal protection under the law bro.

If marriage is codified into law (and it IS), it has to be equally accessible to all Americans. You can make what ever theological excuses you want, but at the end of the day, bigotry is bigotry.

Either everyone is drinking from the same water fountain or they are not.

CrazyMatt Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:39:28

SPAM

mdemon Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:43:12

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/...zation-for-inclusion.html

This is an example of how they try to force themselves into what was once decent... another is the girls and boy scouts.
Why can't they make something similar to what is already out there and just rename it?

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:45:02

The Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts are different. Because in that case the homosexuals, by attempting to force admission, are violating the inherent freedom of association of the group(their right to choose who they wish to be associated with, businesses obviously do not have this right but clubs/organizations do)
Smarter than your average bear.

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:49:23

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
The Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts are different. Because in that case the homosexuals, by attempting to force admission, are violating the inherent freedom of association of the group(their right to choose who they wish to be associated with, businesses obviously do not have this right but clubs/organizations do)

Also, the BSOA and GSOA receive subsidies from the government, by way of free use of public facilities/public land.

Raf Game profile

May 9th 2012, 20:55:27

It shouldn't have anything to do with religion. If marriage is a legal union being recognized by the state, then applying religious beliefs to define the constraints of that union is going against the separation of church and state.

They should have the same right to get married via the state as anyone else. It is not an infringement on the churches freedom of religion as there is no requirement that the church participate in the union. The state does not define marriage in a religious context.
+RAF

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 21:02:38

Originally posted by Cougar:
Originally posted by TheORKINMan:

Also, the BSOA and GSOA receive subsidies from the government, by way of free use of public facilities/public land.

I am an eagle scout, and I always remember having to pay to camp at state and national parks, in addition we had to pay for the place we were meeting, a Knights of Columbus hall.

There is also a coed level of scouting called venture scouts for ages 16-22 I believe. There was a gay boy in our troop, probably 2. However I am only aware of one comming out to this date as we have since lost touch. It really changed the dynamic of our group an no way, however scouting is a private and religious organization. People have been stripped of their eagle scout status for announcing their lack of Christian faith, and even I had to stretch the truth a little about my faith in order to pass my Eagle board.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 9th 2012, 21:08:37

I will ALWAYS vote against gay marriage. I am totally fine with civil unions but marriage in my book (bible and nature) is only defined between a man and a woman.

In nature only certain species are monogamous (and humans in general haven't been for most of our history). Most mammals have noticeable populations that exhibit homosexual/bisexual behavior.
The objection to homosexuality is cultural/religious only.

The state (at least where I live and in the US) defines marriage as a legal contract which has multiple legal implications. One can get married simply by both parties paying the appropriate fees and signing a form.
As an aside, Canadian marriage laws have issues.. if your wife physically assaults you for no reason and then divorces you she is still entitled to support payments which is somewhat borked imo. However pre-nupts can pretty much overide almost all of this as long as it's within reason, (according to our supreme court) - property not kids afaik. So the moral is: in Canada, get a pre-nupt :P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 9th 2012, 21:12:20

Originally posted by mdemon:
This is an example of how they try to force themselves into what was once decent... another is the girls and boy scouts.
Why can't they make something similar to what is already out there and just rename it?

Sounds like Jim Crow to me.

Also, living in a country where gay marriage is legal (and will probably remain that way for some time), I don't feel threatened by them in the least. It's not like I'm being forced to attend their weddings or participate in their life style or even attend the parade. Nor is it interfering with my life in anyway.

ps. you cannot legislate morality...
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 21:26:33

Actually, BSOA is not Christian, they are Mormon.

Ask any southern baptist how "Christian" they consider the Church of LDS to be.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 9th 2012, 21:32:16

From what I understand most Christians (Catholic/Protestant/Greek Orthodox) don't consider Mormons to be "Christians".

Although I thought that anyone who believes that Jesus is the son of God and is their Saviour (regardless of who is in charge of their religious institutions) is a Christian...

(for the record: Muslims view Jesus as a prophet)
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Eric171 Game profile

May 9th 2012, 21:41:00

Originally posted by martian:

I am not against gay marriage, but technically you CAN legislate morality. The paper accepts anything you write on it, for good or bad.

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:00:55

You have no idea what you are talking about, so maybe you should stop talking.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:08:57

BSA is a religious organization in general, with a deep Christian root, but officially nothing specific, just religious. There are awards and merits offered in all religions from Islam to Judaism to Mormon to whatever. Usually it's focused on whatever church your troop is based out of, mine was a catholic church, even though I was far from catholic.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Wharfed

May 9th 2012, 22:09:32

I vote we sell North Carolina and Texas to China to pay off our debt.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:14:49

Originally posted by mrford:

You have no idea what you are talking about, so maybe you should stop talking.

According to the Amici Curiae brief from BSA v Dale and I quote:

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsors over 400,000 scouts and over 30,000 Scouting units nationwide, making it the single largest sponsor of Scouting units in the United States"

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:19:00

Wow, 400,000 out of 2.7 million. That's less than 15% sounds like BSA is a Mormon organization to me....

Shut the fluff up and read a bit more.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:22:49

Shouldn't you have to return a few of your badges for being a fluff ford?

mdemon Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:25:24

Also, living in a country where gay marriage is legal (and will probably remain that way for some time), I don't feel threatened by them in the least. It's not like I'm being forced to attend their weddings or participate in their life style or even attend the parade. Nor is it interfering with my life in anyway.

Will them teaching homosexuality to first graders constitute as imposing? although those without children may say, well it doesn't really affect me.
"A California school district has approved a mandatory homosexual curriculum for children as young as 5 – and parents will not be allowed to remove their children from the lessons."
http://www.wnd.com/2009/05/99442/

Edited By: mdemon on May 9th 2012, 22:28:09
See Original Post

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:26:39

Will them teaching homosexuality to first graders constitute as imposing? although those without children may say, well it doesn't really affect me.
"A California school district has approved a mandatory homosexual curriculum for children as young as 5 – and parents will not be allowed to remove their children from the lessons."
http://www.wnd.com/2009/05/99442/

yeeeeaaaahhhh...... World Net Daily. nuff said.

mdemon Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:27:33

double post

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:28:00

Shouldn't you have to return a few of your badges for being a fluff ford?

I had 33 merritt badges, one of them was the "don't act like I know what I'm talking about when I don't" badge. It was pretty hard to earn, but I got it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mdemon Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:29:05

oats Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:29:52

BSOA is not an LDS organization. *1/4 (oops, more like 15-20%) of BSOA members happen to be LDS because most LDS congregations sponsor a troop, and the LDS church donates a lot of money to BSOA.

As far as the LDS/Christian labels... I think an analogy to this is how the Mormons look at the term marriage. They think the term marriage should be preserved in its long standing traditional form, between man and woman. Mainstream Christians® don't like Mormons being called Christians because the Mormons don't profess or hold the same creeds as the mainstream group. In those two situations it seems more about maintaining the common perception and understanding of words and avoiding the culture wars that comes when you start to hijack and undercut and slyly mix up words, institutions and languages.

But I'm with martian. Send the homosexuals and their money Northward!

Edited By: oats on May 9th 2012, 22:32:14
See Original Post

oats Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:31:32

poop

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:35:43

Two completely different articles.

The WND article is, not surprisingly, warning about "homosexual curriculum" and lawsuits.

The LA Times article talks about the rush by administrators and teachers to figure out what and how to teach the subject.

mdemon Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:38:56

But the thing is that they both point out how the homosexual agenda is being forced onto others.

"Law requiring California schools to have lessons about LGBT Americans" is still the headline in both articles.

Cougar Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:44:23

But the thing is that they both point out how the homosexual agenda is being forced onto others.

"Law requiring California schools to have lessons about LGBT Americans" is still the headline in both articles.

Doesn't really bother me at all. After all, the idiot agenda forced "Intelligent Design" into the Science Class.

Rednose Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:44:58

actually marriage is first and foremost a contract and only with less importance a religious thing. Religion is separated from government. But now the government denies gay couples the benefits they give to heterosexual couples with religious reasoning. But raf actually said it far better than me
Originally posted by Raf:
It shouldn't have anything to do with religion. If marriage is a legal union being recognized by the state, then applying religious beliefs to define the constraints of that union is going against the separation of church and state.

They should have the same right to get married via the state as anyone else. It is not an infringement on the churches freedom of religion as there is no requirement that the church participate in the union. The state does not define marriage in a religious context.

Junky Game profile

May 9th 2012, 22:53:53

I will support Gay Marriage, because we are in the United States.. were EVERYONE is defined as equal, if Gay/Lesbians cannot be married, by the State/Goverment.. then no man or woman should be allowed to get married... simple as that for me.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Trife Game profile

May 9th 2012, 23:50:37

If gay marriage is illegal, then divorce should be too.

elvesrus

May 9th 2012, 23:54:55

proposition 8 got overturned 3 months ago. guess where the legal precedent is ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...ned-gay-mar_n_671018.html
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

hawkeyee Game profile

May 10th 2012, 2:26:39

Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

AoS Game profile

May 10th 2012, 3:26:20

"Whatever you hold true to on this one particular planet will be held to the same standard in the afterlife, except gay marriage, because that's totally gay, dude.

Seriously.

-God"
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

AoS Game profile

May 10th 2012, 3:29:24

"Also, I only talked to people who were lucky to be considered literate, and they wrote it down in a book that's now thousands of years old, because I'm old school.

-God

P.S. DON'T get gay married. That's gross."
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2012, 5:45:51

I'm all for fluffcanning the entire concept of marriage. It's nothing more than an in-your-face social engineering concept originally conceived to keep a father from easily abandoning his children.

The LAST thing i'm going to do in my most intimate interpersonal relationship is to invite the government in for a threesome.

I'm in a relationship with a like-minded partner. If she and i ever were to break up it is OUR business. The last thing we need is the government butt-ramming each of us because we are assumed to be unable to handle the details of the breakup ourselves.

But since we are such a young species, barely out of the trees (relatively speaking) there isn't much chance of that mindset taking hold anytime soon. And because in the US you get your health care from your employer it will never be in the corporate interest to open up to gay marriage, it would only mean more spouses for which they would have to pay their share of the insurance premiums.

So you have the religious yahoos who selectively focus on one part of leviticus while ignoring the rest, and you have the corporations who focus only on profit.

I have picketed more than once with my girlfriend with a sign that read WE WON'T MARRY UNTIL OUR GAY BROTHERS AND SISTERS CAN.

Bigots everywhere, man.. f'in disgusting ppl and ignorant too. They will declare loudly that they don't want big government but they DO want government in my bedroom and in my crotch. Dumbasses. Go vote against your own best interests some more.
👽

Angel1 Game profile

May 10th 2012, 6:16:20

I'm an American.

I'm a Republican.

I have better things to do with my time than fight gay marriage.

My solution: remove "marriage" from the law; replace with "civil unions"; allow people to get civil-unions regardless of the type of relationship they have between two people.

Now that this issue is behind us, let's tackle the exponentially growing national debt!
-Angel1

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 10th 2012, 7:37:13

Originally posted by Eric171:

I am not against gay marriage, but technically you CAN legislate morality. The paper accepts anything you write on it, for good or bad.

Well government can theoretically make anything it wants into law (constitution/bill of rights can be changed in any country via sufficient support from the appropriate level of governments and/or popular vote). However if you cannot enforce a law it becomes defacto invalid (I'm not saying a "gay marriage ban" would be unenforceable). Prohibition is a good example. Drug laws/prostitution laws, and defunct abortion laws are others. In the end imposing a form of morality a population where a sizeable % object is tyranny and typically ends in tragedy or outright failiure.

I realize that laws against child pornography can be seen as a form of imposition morality too, but there is a much much higher level of concensous regarding that.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Wolf Game profile

May 10th 2012, 7:42:31

I am a practicing christian. I have also studied many other forms of religion and theology in general. I can be the first to say A LOT of the bible is vastly misinterpreted. However in the new testament Jesus cleared it up pretty effectively.

He said (not verbatum but) To love one another as you love yourself. "Treat others as you want to be treated" Concept. And to love god with your entire body, soul and mind. That LOVE was the greatist gift he gave humanity.

He also said on the sermon on the mount about taxes to give what is caesars to caesar. We have a seperation of church and state. We could do some AMAZING things with stem cell research and it lacks funding... one of sciences' greatest accomplishments... DUE TO what? Oh youre trying to play GOD.

If you are quick to take the dust out of anothers eye, first take the woodchip out of your own. -Jesus

Marriage WAS created by a mixture between some interpretation of the bible, the one man one woman union before it was time to be fruitful and multiply and have more than one woman and when it came to pass like it had been in the begginning ONE MAN ADAM ONE WOMAN EVE all over again. People however mistake ROMAN CATHOLISISM which came AFTER jesus and was adopted by a corrupt Roman Empire to worship one god instead of many, go to war and all the corruption that came with it. The inquisition. Indulgences. The coming of the pope. How they dress and act like the pharisees.

Catholisism is so effective because it isnt real christianity. People dont have to THINK. Many dont even go to church. Those that do, ONCE a week. Less than an hour. Shake a few hands, eat a piece of bread, sing the same songs over and over. And leave. BRAINLESS.

Everyone is quick to GIVE an opinion but not to formulate a valid one. Stupidity is ruining this world. People lack the ability to be objective and open minded.

Life is about giving, not getting. If we followed that, UTOPIA. Unless someone ruined it (or more) by taking advantage.

Rather than continue this rant... There is NO reason why a gay couple shouldnt be able to be married by government law purposes since marriage holds finincial and otherwise weight. Two people build a life together THATS IT. Its morally and ethically right. We have NO jurisdiction over another or ability to judge. Did jesus go around constantly telling everyone everything they did wrong? And only god can judge with perfect divinity.

This may not be the most compelling argument for ignoramous' or athiests but for practicing christians, you should get the point. The athiests ect dont have a problem with it anyway.

HOWEVER I do not like the destroying of the family unit. That passes on values that are now being substituted to the government. And do not teach my children that its NORMAL. Romeo and Julian and all this crap to teach political correctness. Being gay isnt how you are born. Its a psychological thing. Romans banged other men just for the fun of it, without even having physical attraction.

America has been around 216 years and since we have became established we have taught things "as if its always been this way" and america and its values are so vastly different (and lousy) compare to the rest of the world its insurmountable.
[LCN]

Klown Game profile

May 10th 2012, 14:13:03

Originally posted by Trife:
north carolina is pretty bass ackwards. not surprising they passed that stupid measure

Seriously? Every single time, in every single state, including liberal states like California that a measure banning gay marriage has been placed on the ballot, it has passed.