Verified:

Drow Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 7:55:04

H4: sorry dude, but no matter how much you protest your innocence, the leadership of LaF is going to be looked at with strong suspicion for a long time to come.
At the end of the day, if the information is too good to be true, it probably is.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

highrock Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 7:57:58

If Laf wants a fresh start and Laf leaders want to be exonerated, I think the first thing you guys need to do is to reveal exactly what hanlong told you before I'd even begin to believe you guys again. You should basically reveal (via screenshots) all head conversations related to activities from last set so we know exactly what hanlong knew, what he told you guys, etc. Transparency is the first step toward rebuilding trust.
formerly Viola MD

anoniem Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 8:04:00

Originally posted by highrock:
If Laf wants a fresh start and Laf leaders want to be exonerated, I think the first thing you guys need to do is to reveal exactly what hanlong told you before I'd even begin to believe you guys again. You should basically reveal (via screenshots) all head conversations related to activities from last set so we know exactly what hanlong knew, what he told you guys, etc. Transparency is the first step toward rebuilding trust.

It doesn't matter. They've always had their upper echelons deleted for cheating (and now a new low - hacking). They get "booted", then someone else gets caught cheating.

Rinse, repeat.

It's like ground-hog day.
re(ally)tired

Murf Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 8:14:58

Seriously messed up for a txt based game

Drow Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 8:20:26

murf is wise

Forgotten

May 2nd 2012, 8:23:37

Did I somehow started playing wow again and ended in Orgrimmar???

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TROLLS?
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Drow Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 8:35:40

yes you're in the Barrens. get over it.

elvesrus

May 2nd 2012, 8:45:02

not enough chuck norris for barrens
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

SirSepher Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 9:11:48

Wow, way to wake up and find this out! Good luck SG
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

dagga Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 10:46:31

haxor reveals how weak LaF leadership was when he said he was curious as to the sources but didn't look any further. Probably was the same in the era when RD ran LaF. It's a disgusting culture of take as much as you can get away with, just don't get caught.

Entire logs like the SOL/Evo/MD IRC chat simply don't turn up on Google. This community will demand more heads will roll than just the two caught with their fingers in the honey pot.

It should start with you haxor. Set an example.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 10:50:57

LOL. are we going to be burning a few witches today?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Forgotten

May 2nd 2012, 10:52:33

What, have H4 be banned because he was too busy with work, and that he trusted a guy he had known for 10+ years?

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

BattleKJ Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 10:53:07

I think the most disappointing thing is the general tone of "Oh its just 2 members that have been caught! Its not our fault! LaF are innocent!"

For me it doesnt matter if its 2 new members that you recruited last week, if they are in your tag they reflect upon you. Let alone if its your longest reigning (?) Leader. The absolute centre of your alliance. The person most people in this game would associate with your alliance nowadays etc.

The key to forgiveness isnt to try brush it under the carpet and swiftly try to move on. You have to do better than this.

Forgotten

May 2nd 2012, 10:56:54

So KJ, when are you opening up your profile to show that you weren't the suicider that you claim?
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

echlori Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 10:58:48

What, being called a virgin is an insult now?

What has society come to.

anoniem Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 11:02:42

lol at comparing a suicider to a hacker and a cheater.

also, LT had TWO game accounts = cheating the game. If you're insinuating KJ suicided RD, then that's not breaking the rules.

And, even though KJ wasn't associated with EVO - I still offered reps.

So shut the fluff up forgotten. You have nothing of relevance to say.
re(ally)tired

Forgotten

May 2nd 2012, 11:04:54

neither do you anomnomnomnom

I'm the one that can't sleep at night because of work, why are you on AT?
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Dragonlance Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 11:38:47

And this is the reason why hundreds of people like me don't play the game anymore =)

Idiotic hezad in the sand leadership, that destroyed 2025, and is clearly at play here as well.

though it is hard not to check this forum every couple of weeks, its like crack!

TNTroXxor Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 11:49:49

I can smell a massive wave of hanlong-themed country name next set
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

gibzgirl Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 13:36:00

Just curious, so what about TC?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2012, 14:55:25

Good luck son you're going to need it... Got a lot of PR issues to clean up.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2012, 15:25:35

Its ludicruis to argue that we had our head in the sand or were complicit through suspicious activity because frankly, it didn't seem suspicious at the time.

The stuff Hanlong would tell us would be the kind of things that could and in the past generally was obtained simply through having good sources. Anything/everything he ever gave us was the same sort of information I myself have obtained more times than I can count through legitimate means in the past.

As such there was no reason to suspect he was getting it from illegitimate means at the time. Any time I questioned him it was because it was because his stories/explanations were always somewhat lacking, and I don't like being in the dark about anything so I would always press. In fact Hanlong and I were in a argument just the other week over that exact issue (me feeling that he was intentionally keeping stuff from me that was relevant for LaF's plans).

Regardless I don't think anyone in LaF expects 0 political fallout from this, so it isn't as though we expect it all to get hung on Hanlong/TC and call it a day.

trumper Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 15:27:44

Sometimes earth seems to cyclical.

Academus Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 15:35:21

If I was a member of LaF right now, i would be so embarressed by my so called leadership, I would look for another clan. All the innocent LaFers are "guilty by association" and I feel sorry that they are tainted by their cheating leaders.

If it happened in MD, I would leave immiediately.

Academus
MD

gibzgirl Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 15:37:23

Still no answer to what they've done with TC.. Guess he's still there and it's all good.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2012, 15:38:22

I did answer it already, many posts ago. I said both of them have had their access gutted.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 15:43:13

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
Well given that one of the biggest complaints about Hanlong from other laf leaders was that he didn't share enough information and kept everything close to his vest, it shouldn't be that hard to understand why the rest of us didn't know.

And it isn't as though things didn't get questioned, because they did plenty. I for example would regularly ask Hanlong questions like "how do you know?", "are you sure? Where did you hear it?" etc. But when someone wants to hide something like this they manage.

In Hanlongs case the typical response was "I have my sources, you have yours, we don't question each other's sources" or "just trust me, the source is reliable" etc.

Either LAF leadership was all in on it you you guys are the dumbest and most gullible mollies in the history of Mankind.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 15:45:53

I used to think RD was the devil in the old Earth. This makes RD look like lost kids just trying to find their way home. If LAF wants to do the right thing- everyone should delete their countries right now and start over as of this minute. Also any of the cheaters weather caught or not should be banned from LAF- that includes your new gullible and dumbest ones just promoted.
I shall fear no retals,

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

May 2nd 2012, 15:49:12

gutted does not equal removed. and thus the edit by H4. they still have access to LAF :P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Klown Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:01:03

http://www.youtube.com/...N6Qj98Iw&feature=fvst

This is what I picture occurring inside of LAF over the loss of their beloved leader.

Ravi Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:04:09

I totally stripped LCN access for long time beloved LCN leaders for a lot less than this.

Do the right think Goku

gibzgirl Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:04:40

I must be reading over it or missing it, can someone quote where TC's access is addressed, please?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:08:37

http://forums.earthempires.com/...ecurity-breaches-cheating

Originally posted by Pang:
Hi,

So it's come to our attention that Hanlong and has been abusing some kind of exploit in our MySQL management system (phpMyAdmin) in order to gain access to the game databases. Our logs show that Turtle Crawler was accessing the database too, and likely "gifted" himself 10m troops during a KR on his country; while he used to have forum database access, he did not have game database access, and I believe the former was cut off some time ago.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:13:19

It's already been answered, hanlong and tc have had their access nerfed, and the reason they haven't been stripped completely YET is to allow them a chance to explain themselves /chance for a rebuttal. We have yet to hear from either of them.

ViLSE Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:14:58

That is fair, everyone has a right to explain themselves and defend their actions. I am all for that much.

Id be very interested to see that defence though... :)

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2012, 16:19:08

I just want say,

I know there's not much showing yet publicly,
but there are a lot of pieces moving...

and so far I am very impressed with how Son Goku is handling this....

his future actions will demonstrate what I am meaning by this post.
Z is #1

ArsenalMD Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:29:08

Originally posted by Servant:
I just want say,

I know there's not much showing yet publicly,
but there are a lot of pieces moving...

and so far I am very impressed with how Son Goku is handling this....

his future actions will demonstrate what I am meaning by this post.

Appears he's telling you alot more than he's telling the rest of us then.

Goodluck to him. He has a skeptical public awaiting him.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:32:17

*kicks Servent in the chin* Tell him to get it moving, that dog just ain't going to hunt!
I shall fear no retals,

Cee Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 16:50:32

SG, I've known you for a long time. You'll have your hands full. I believe you can change people thoughts about Laf now that you are running it. Good luck buddy.

Also, awesome job to our admins for catching this. Hats off to you all.

MADMARK Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 23:44:48

Originally posted by Kalick:
Originally posted by Son Goku:
I can assure you this no way takes anything away from individual performances and netgaining/warring performances by LaF as a whole.

How can you say that when hanlong's spying of FS times, war wave times, ingame country stats, and your enemy's political planning gave a distinct advantage to your entire alliance? It absolutely puts into question LaF's war performance as a whole.

If they are not winning that way they MAY fight clean but then fight with a 2.4 to 1 ratio. Awesome stuff guys!

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 0:20:45

Dude this crap was from 7 months ago.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

Pride Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 0:22:39

Wow, leave this fluff in the past.

Dissidenticn

Dec 22nd 2012, 1:34:19

what other clans has he gained access to? can you pm me the IP address we should check for?

DeathRider Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 2:13:12

*facepalm* check the date dissident lol

Alin Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 4:09:52

Flamey made a post in which he openly admitted he knew about hanlong all the way.

So someone place the Sof head into the "brown hall of flame"

madjsp Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 4:16:53

ah, I remember when this happened!
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war