Verified:

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 13:23:14

This is a long time coming, but from the posts on AT, you'd think SoL is a small netgaining alliance minding their own business with a flawless history. I have decided to post a few case studies in an attempt to argue against this image.

#1. SoL doesn't plot coalitions.

Last set SoL approached me asking for a DP. I responded that a uNaP would be the logical pact for now with the opportunity to develop closer relations if both alliances wished to make a positive contribution to the game. However, I told SoL that I would only do this if they renegotiated that dodgy pact with LaF as I saw the possible implications of a gangbang on LaF. I was told there would be no problem with this, but the day after I was contacted by SoL's very own 'D1ck Dastardly' telling me that SoL won’t be doing that and that SoL doesn't do coalitions and never have in EarthEmpires.

Well that is funny, those logs released last set appear to imply some kind of coalition. However the typical SoL mouth piece would tell you SoL didn't intervene last set, they did an arranged war for the good of the server. In reality SoL didn't intervene, because they knew they could not win. The majority of LaF's DPs were on standby and SoL had the choice of going down with the ship, or having their arranged war where the numbers were so stacked only Arrow could lose.

Yet, this is not the only coalition they have had this year. Before this latest carnation, SoL had made plans to drop their then FDP SoF and isolate them. de1i while he was in RD was one of the main instigators of trying to form this coalition. They were all just too careless and attempted to recruit people they had needlessly hit and friends of those alliances who duly told us of their plans. When SoL 'forgot' to pact us, it was because Makinso's "useless underlings" did not follow his orders, the same excuse he's peddled 100x before.

Verdict: Myth.

#2. SoL is a good alliance to be pacted to.

You'd think having a FDP, or at least a uNaP with SoL is a good thing. A big war alliance protecting you, or not targeting you. Well, I've been looking at the fate of some of these alliances. But first, lets have a look at how SoL forms these pacts.

One common method is SoL choosing a netting ally and offering them a FDP. SoL tell the netting alliance they can guarantee that they'll netgain, but SoL demand that alliance aid them at their time of need. This is in SoLs benefit, because if that netgaining alliance has an enemy SoL gain a new enemy which it is justified in killing. An example of this is NA, who were having conflicts with imag. SoL pacted NA and killed off imag for them, believing that NA would be eternally thankful and help them in the future. Another example was SoL's attempt to court LaF over a year ago, being told no, then offering Evo the same deal which they took despite their agreement with LaF against SoL aggression. SoL's other main source of FDP are with alliances with a common enemy, in effect coalition/aggressive pacts targeting someone who they don't like.

Then what about uNaPs? SoL offers these to alliances they don't want/need to fight that set. They use the time and trusted method of smashing someone while pacting their allies and then pacting them and doing the same to their allies in future sets. uNaPs are basically an extension to your time on death row. This set SoL claim to have offered all of LaF's allies uNaPs, but it doesn't take an idiot to know that they moved onto each of laf's allies one at a time, moving on to the next after being declined. SoF were bottom of the Christmas card list and was asked last and only asked, because they got nowhere from the other offers.

Then we come to the ultimate SoL pact. The pact they tricked LaF into signing under the pretence that it was the same pact that Evo signed with SoL. A pact they politicked, despite begging for mercy and threatening to disband days before. The SoL spokesmen would argue that they tried to renegotiate this set, but that the thing, they only renegotiate when it isn't in their favour, just like they only try to arrange friendly wars when they know they're up the duff.

So we had a lengthy look at how SoL does their pacting, but what is a pact worth and why is it bad? Well look at the NA example. They got to net for a few sets while SoL smacked other netgaining alliances around. Although they were not directly causing death to those alliances they were sitting back and could have potentially helped SoL if those alliances managed to get help themselves. This caused resentment in other netting alliances and made themselves a target for anyone who felt threatened by SoL. And... when they were finally hit did SoL go out of their way to help them? No.

Then look at Evo, their pact with SoL also made them a target, especially given the rocky relationship with LaF and that agreement they had. SoL did defend Evo this time, but only because they thought they had politics sorted and the war won and saw Evo as useful for later. Despite this, the set after Evo got into several wars, but where was the SoL intervention when they desperately needed help and where was the SoL intervention when SoF hit TIE... and how about helping MD? The moral is SoL might be a good ally if you know SoL’s intervention will win you a war, but if you are on your last legs, don’t expect any help.

Verdict - Myth

#3. SoLs impact on the game has been positive?

If you listen to their spokesmen, SoL has been the defender of good since '98, but lets have a look at recent history. I'll pick late 2004, the time I joined Earth as a starting point. In my first set on Earth SoL/Arrow/MD broke FDPs with IX/LCN/STEEL over some disparaging remarks towards them on a shared forum, this is my first memory of SoL, one that has stuck with me. For the next two years SoL lost most of their conflicts with IX, claiming that they were the good guys stopping evil cheaters IX. They then let IX's pres into their leadership and were given the choice of continuing to lose or to join the IX side and win. They took the easy option and created a coalition that would see the biggest decline (following the bots) in the game. Since my return to EarthEmpires 2 years ago, I have seen them blindside netgainers, make non-allied alliances fight together against them and form two coalitions.

Despite this I don't think it’s fair saying that this makes them an alliance that has caused nothing but pain and suffering on the game and actually their participation in the game over these 71 sets have enriched the game for the many thick-skinned who have stuck through. However, they are definitely not the angelic game-defenders they claim to be.

Verdict: Inconclusive.

Devestation Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 13:26:19

FLAMEY FLAMEY FLAMEY FLAMEY FLAMEY FLAMEY FLAMEEYYYYYYY

http://cdn0.hark.com/...003/671/3671/original.jpg

K_L Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 13:47:21

Only thing I'm going to read are commandos comics in the toilet.

Sov Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 13:58:08

This thread will hit 200 posts within 24 hours, half of which will contain nerdrage.

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:00:34

Way to long, and most of your evidence was from the PAST.

Alin Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:05:48

So the side that is ganbanging and blindsiding netters and warers for the last 2 years tells us that we are the dark-side.

Well - it funny how you twist and spin earth history making it look like that. To bad some of us were here and remember part of the history as it was.

1. 1st thing is for sure, Sol fight and won an even war last set. Your side didn`t had "the balls" to fight that for like 2 years - and there is nothing new coming.
2. Sol was in earth history an alliance that fought against cheaters. Sol is no home for ex-cheaters and never had that in our leadership. That makes Sol one of the cleanest alliances in earth history.
3. Sol is an war alliance politically isolated at this point.

Let me tell you something about Sof now. Sof was a rival i had and respected in earth history. They were always aiming at no.1 spot no matter what.

Nowadays that is not happening anymore.

Magellan Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:09:50

In before Helmet?

lostmonk Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:10:02

Alin, you better start looking through SoL history about Stewie then. You obviously are ignorant to some things that have gone on in SoL leadership.
Done.

Klown Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:15:42

SOL has always been an alliance for people who do not like to netgain and want to war every reset. In the past, this has at times led to SOL hitting alliances that maybe didn't deserve it in order to keep the members happy.

I remember the ILS incident well, at the time the game had grown boring because IX LCN STEEL SOL ARROW etc. were a dominant coalition without any real competition. SOL broke it up because they wanted to make things interesting again.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:26:01

Originally posted by Pride:

I hate this argument that a lot of people throw around. You want him to provide arguments from the FUTURE? It's not like SOL is all new people that had nothing to do with the stuff he mentioned.
Smarter than your average bear.

ClayQ Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:28:55

Originally posted by lostmonk:
Alin, you better start looking through SoL history about Stewie then. You obviously are ignorant to some things that have gone on in SoL leadership.

I just ignore alin, he has absolutely no clue about anything from what I can tell.

JanPaul

Apr 26th 2012, 14:37:08

Originally posted by ClayQ:
Originally posted by lostmonk:

I just ignore alin, he has absolutely no clue about anything from what I can tell.

Alin is a she.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:44:05

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:

I hate this argument that a lot of people throw around. You want him to provide arguments from the FUTURE? It's not like SOL is all new people that had nothing to do with the stuff he mentioned.

I know, right? Everytime I see someone throwing that argument around, in relation to bringing up events from the recent past, (and I've probably done it myself), I think of future-Smith in the Lost in Space film telling future-Will, "Lets...forget...the paaaaassst!"
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:45:20

People grow up, people change.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:52:36

Maybe they do. But requiring them to prove it rather then allowing them to just claim it and dismiss being held to account for their past actions is not unreasonable.

Scorba Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:56:07

It's always funny reading these things written by someone with so little understanding of what goes on in this game.

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:08:21

Don't MD's issues with LaF date back to 2005?

Most of what has happened in the last 2 years is still having a direct impact on politics nowadays. People (namely SoL) were given the oppotunity to put it behind them, but we know what happened.

Perhaps you should have said People 'can' grow up and people 'can' change...

Edited By: Flamey on Apr 26th 2012, 15:19:24
See Original Post

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:08:50

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:09:35

Originally posted by Alin:
1. 1st thing is for sure, Sol fight and won an even war last set. Your side didn`t had "the balls" to fight that for like 2 years - and there is nothing new coming.

Last set SoL fought a war with a 10 member advantage instead of helping their allies in a tough spot, while SoF got FSed by a bigger alliance...

2. Sol was in earth history an alliance that fought against cheaters. Sol is no home for ex-cheaters and never had that in our leadership. That makes Sol one of the cleanest alliances in earth history.

Stewy? Among others, or is this a blanket statement like the "I never played in LaF"?

3. Sol is an war alliance politically isolated at this point

I wonder why? Anyone want to take bets on what aggresive coalition you are trying to form next set?

Edited By: Flamey on Apr 26th 2012, 15:20:17
See Original Post

Reckless Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:25:08

So, SoF is the new SOL?

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:34:49

Do we have a problem with Laf ? I wasn't aware of it.

I believe Laf has a problem with MD - "MD is a long term problem" *Hanlong.

:p I don't want to get in your guys issue. I'm just saying people change were not little kids anymore. Well most of us aren't. Lol

Klown Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:37:26

Flamey, you should retire. You take this game too seriously and its causing you undue stress. You come across as mean and very unpleasant. At least when others troll there is a sense of tongue in cheek.

Son Goku Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:39:34

You don't drop a FDP unless you have problems with someone. You can't honestly believe what you're saying.

MD/LaF might not have a problem now, but LaF never had a problem with MD in the first place. Just a general lack of trust in Arsenal (which proved to be 100% right). This lack of trust never stopped LaF/MD from working together until our FDP was dropped and our ceasefire with SOL was undermined.

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:43:33

Originally posted by Son Goku:

You don't drop a FDP unless you have problems with someone. You can't honestly believe what you're saying.

MD/LaF might not have a problem now, but LaF never had a problem with MD in the first place. Just a general lack of trust in Arsenal (which proved to be 100% right). This lack of trust never stopped LaF/MD from working together until our FDP was dropped and our ceasefire with SOL was undermined.

Incorrect.

"LaF flipped out when we went from FDP to no pact and pacted out everyone else for a 1v1 war. The point is that we did it the only way anyone considers honorable. We ended up losing any "surprise" advantage by doing it the honorable way. We also lost that war doing it the honorable way -- and, of course, being simply outmatched by well-played LaF countries.

So we learn and move on. But we aren't breaking pacts or picking on smaller alliances just because we need more farmland as other alliances have done. We took on a larger and better opponent -- how many other alliances have done that lately? Who else is actually willing to risk a likely loss to provide their membership with a real challenge?"

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:46:41

If you look at our recent history:

ICN/Sanct vs SoF/PDM/iMaG
NA vs SoF
SoF wins TNW
SoF vs Evo/Sanct/Monsters (aranged)
SoF FSed RD (who approached our allies to hit us)
SoF vs NA (In response to first SoL coalition war)
SoF hits SoL in defense of gangbang on LaF then evo breaks unap to hit SoF
SoF vs Evo / SoF vs TIE (For the set before)
PDM vs SoF (because they are emo that we disagreed with their principles)
SoF vs PDM (due to threats made in that war)

So much aggression....

P.S we tried to net that set where SoL/imag hit LaF.

ClayQ Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:47:46

"SoF vs Evo/Sanct/Monsters (aranged)"

That was fun.

Son Goku Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:55:53

Incorrect.

"LaF flipped out when we went from FDP to no pact and pacted out everyone else for a 1v1 war. The point is that we did it the only way anyone considers honorable. We ended up losing any "surprise" advantage by doing it the honorable way. We also lost that war doing it the honorable way -- and, of course, being simply outmatched by well-played LaF countries.

So we learn and move on. But we aren't breaking pacts or picking on smaller alliances just because we need more farmland as other alliances have done. We took on a larger and better opponent -- how many other alliances have done that lately? Who else is actually willing to risk a likely loss to provide their membership with a real challenge?"

If by flipped out you mean prepared for war, then yes.

If you wanted to "challenge" someone bigger than you, you would have set up a prearranged war and not dropped a FDP. Notice how the LCN/SOL war was arranged vs the MD/LAF war last reset. Not to mention the logs of direct quotes stating the intent for the war. The rest is you picking and choosing what you want to believe.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 15:59:50

Am I the only one that finds the idea of arranged wars to be dumb?

Son Goku Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:01:38

The other option leads to an endless cycle of grudges wars, which people claim are ruining the game.

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:02:43

If all wars were arranged, then yes, but sometimes they are great, some of my favourite wars rank among them.

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:07:23

Your picking and choosing as well.

He said our only chance to win was "surprise" we had no chance with a prearranged war.

I'm not trying to argue. You have valid points I'm only telling you what has been said before.

(I have no problem with Laf)

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:09:11

If I had it my way id love to see Sol/MD vs Laf maybe you guys add a small clan depending on how big Laf is that set :)

Son Goku Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:11:00

Your picking and choosing as well.

Of course, that's all we can do. We're presented with explanations and we decide which to believe based on the facts given. I'm simply saying there's more evidence supporting one side than the other =p

hanlong Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:21:34

If I had it my way id love to see Sol/MD vs Laf maybe you guys add a small clan depending on how big Laf is that set :)

that's how it should have been done 2 resets ago instead of you guys undermining our peace deal with SOL and causing all these grudge wars.

that was the whole point i was trying to say =)

there's nothing wrong about arranging a war or trying to set up a war. even the dropping FDP to try to surprise the war isn't what really ticked us off.

what made us upset was MD undermining a SOL/LaF peace deal 2 resets ago to try to do it.

makes sense Pride?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Atryn Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:41:42

Oooooo look, I'm being quoted in an entirely different thread. ;)

Clearly, not all MD members have 100% the same views, I think that is true in any alliance. But we do, IMHO, fight as a unified force once a decision has been made.

Also, few MD members do FA. Among our FA's, there are very different approaches. I'm sure this is true for several alliances out there. In the end, I am glad to see folks realize that we do honor our pacts, once signed. Coming in for RAGE last set was clearly an uphill battle and we didn't have anything against Neo, but we honored our FDP and had a lot of fun in the process (sorry Neo).

RE: SOL and the recent LaF/MD war. I cannot say what SOL would have done regarding their chances of winning / losing. I assume they would have come in if asked. But -- WE NEVER ASKED!!! Don't act like SOL was afraid to join the fight when we asked everyone to stay out as long as it was 1v1.

Personally, I prefer non-arranged wars. I also think we went about it entirely wrong and we can learn from that. ;) Arranged wars have a place too I just don't feel they "prove" the same things or carry the same enthusiasm/weight/challenge...

archaic Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:42:05

I'm just curious - is only being able to recall details from the game as played 5-10 years ago a pre-requisite to joining Sof?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pride Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:45:10

Yes makes sense Hanlong :)

And

Agreed Atryn. I always secretly quote you :p

Makinso Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:09:10

What atryn says is correct.

MD never wanted us to step in so we didn't.
Next to that LaF threatened to call in their "kitchen sink" if we stepped in :-P

Not that that would've mattered we still would've stepped in if MD asked.

anoniem Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:19:51

Originally posted by archaic:
I'm just curious - is only being able to recall details from the game as played 5-10 years ago a pre-requisite to joining Sof?

Wait... Helmet is going to turn up with another brilliant analogy about SoF getting botted.
re(ally)tired

hanlong Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:46:48

of course Makinso.

we didn't interfere with your war with LCN, why should you interfere with ours :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Alin Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:47:51

The only purpose of this thread is to make Sol look bad.

And we as a team and comunity were/are/and will be not that bad.
Is funny that this thread comes from a Sofer, an alliance similar (during history) in every single way to ours.

But i guess he is to stupid to see that he`s throwing stones while living in a glass-house.

Flamey go ask Helmet how Sof used to do exactlly the same things when you(as an individual) were a little stupid kid. I suppose now you grow a little - but you kept the stupidity and ignorance.

archaic Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:11:38

trolling sol is over rated
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

TheORKINMan Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:25:47

The other option leads to an endless cycle of grudges wars, which people claim are ruining the game.

It's a social war game, not a country club.

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:55:42

It's a social war game, not a country club.

+1
Damn missed it

Cougar Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 20:49:27

Originally posted by Flamey:

NA vs SoF
SoF wins TNW

So much aggression....

Aren't you missing an NA war? We hit them first, then they hit us the next set.

What passes for NA "hitting" someone anyways.

daspheebsie Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 20:53:23

Okay my weigh in on this is is such - I have played in SoL pretty much the entire time I've played earth. REGARDLESS of my screw sol posts here on AT and running to IX cause I was unhappy.

I also know that SoL's leadership isn't always the greatest however, what I am sick of seeing is the fact that every set that we get made to look like the arses its because someone in another clan has epeen envy.

Its getting kinda ridiculous if you ask me. The few times that SoL has netted it was a straight out shock to me. Cause its SoL we war its what we do. Arranged wars or not. Getting called in or in the case of the MD war last set or whatever not.

When I first started playing six or so years ago - it was always kill the softies cause they are ew. IX at that point were are "butt buddies". Then it turned into IX is bad ew make them go away... and suddenly we had to play nice with SoF.

Its clearly a cycle here.

Long story short - quit your bloody complaining everyone. Its a war. Its a lopsided war, but its a war none the less. Yes we at SoL are aggravated but saying that SoL are nothing but the dirty dirty people is kinda well... Wrong. Thats my humble opinion.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

Eric171 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:07:04

Didn`t pay attention to the membership numbers and TNW before the war and who actually had the FS last set in the pdm x sof war, did you?

cgr4 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:17:41

Originally posted by Cougar:
Originally posted by Flamey:

NA vs SoF
SoF wins TNW

So much aggression....

Aren't you missing an NA war? We hit them first, then they hit us the next set.

What passes for NA "hitting" someone anyways.

Agreed, one NA war is missing. SoF blindsided us one set at roughly equal numbers (NA slight numerical advantage prior to FS). Then the next set SoF at 51 members baited NA at 32 members to FS them (they were fully prepped) but we still went ahead with it. NA had 18 kills by the third day (when SoF began outhitting and killing us off). Cougar your selective history is quite entertaining.
cgr4

Eric171 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:18:59

Anyway, regarding this thread, it is one of the few times that I feel it is too bad that sof doesn`t have an AT ban on its leader.

You aren`t helping SOF by posting stuff like this, flamey.

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:24:15

Few responses:

Is it a pre-requisite to be a Guardian Newspaper subscriber, run shoddy countries and tell everyone what to do, cry or threaten when someone ignores them, then whines more when such threats get them killed... to be a PDM member?

And to those whining about it being a SoL is evil thread, I respond by saying this is a factual thread deconstructing a few myths that have been appearing on AT in the last few months. That SoL are angelic server defenders that strive for peace, hope, justice... bla bla bla. I decided to bring a bit of balance to the board as not to confuse anyone new browsing.

For those who say SoF is the exact same, I posted some recent history and I would direct you Pride's argument and my response. People can change and alliances can change... but some do not.

And Yes Couger, I missed out NA's revenge war against us!