Verified:

mrford Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:20:57

Found this oldie again and figured I would share

"BUTTE, MONTANA  
Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders.  

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26,  probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11-year-old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their
two-story home.  

It seems  the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay-shooting champion since she was nine.  

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father’s room and grabbed his 12-gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.  

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old’s knee-crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death
before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45-caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0’Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.  

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news?  

An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself against two murderous, illegal immigrants, and she wins.  

She is still alive.   

Now THAT is Gun Control!  

Thought  for the day….Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant’ is like calling a drug dealer an ‘unlicensed pharmacist’

1 year ago"
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:41:00

Thanks for posting this mrford :)
Damn missed it

Trife Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:41:39

Awesome story. +1

mazooka Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 18:52:49

that a girl!

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:14:08

http://www.snopes.com/...cs/crime/homeinvasion.asp

I love ruining good feelings and popping bubbles.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

archaic Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:14:24

The only gun that stays loaded in my house is a Mossberg 500, and my 11 y/o is quite capable of shooting it.

Good for her.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:24:48

sigh...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Trife Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:27:06

Originally posted by NukEvil:
http://www.snopes.com/...cs/crime/homeinvasion.asp

I love ruining good feelings and popping bubbles.

Too bad there are two other real examples of similar events unfolding on that same page you linked to.

For some reason I can't copy/pasta

TRIFE CASTS DEBBIEDOWNERREPEL
IT IS VERY EFFECTIVE

mrford Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:28:38

Lol nuke, did you even read that debunking post? It provided a seperate and similar story about a 11 year old boy in 1988. The validity of the story never was my point, it's amazing that you could come to that conclusion.

I own 8 guns. 6 of which are in my large gun safe, and the other 2, my benelli and glock 23, are in locations that my 2 young children can not get to. However as soon as my kids are old enough they will be trained in the use and care of firearms. If they choose that it's not for them, so be it. But most of these "accidents" of kids shooting eachother with daddy's gun would be avoided with a little education, not to mention the added benefit of being able to defend themselves.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mazooka Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:29:28

good thing i dont click links!

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:30:35

Then the creator of this thread should have posted the examples that actually happened, rather than simply reposting a popular myth.

mrford Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:32:53

Or you should of read your debunking post first, either way you are wasting your time. My point still stands, as do my beliefs.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:38:11

Originally posted by mrford:
Or you should of read your debunking post first, either way you are wasting your time. My point still stands, as do my beliefs.

Actually, you're the one wasting everyone else's time with your drivel. People going "ATA GIRL LOL" when someone posts a fictional story about a 11-year old girl blasting armed illegal immigrants (who had earlier killed someone) with a shotgun, when in reality it was a 11 year old boy taking potshots at two burglars stealing VCRs (the link doesn't say if they were armed) with a .22 rifle, seriously demolishes your credibility.

It'd be better for you to just admit you were wrong, and let this thread drop to the next page.

Trife Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:39:26

ATA GIRL LOL

mrford Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:40:11

You make me giggle. I have missed this forum in the last few weeks. So serious!

My rebuttal..... Lemme think about this one.....

Eat a fluff!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mazooka Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:41:20

pew-pew.. shoot dem imagrents in tha nutz!

mrford Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:43:23

Dey took our jerbs!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:51:46

ey tuk ur joerbs!!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 19:52:07

Giggle like a retard, because that's what you are.

And no, I'm not attacking your point. "Guns are good tools, with education", that is your point, right? I don't mind guns. I don't own any, but I don't really care.

I am attacking you for posting fiction on this thread as fact, then attacking me for pointing out your fallacy, and desperately trying to grab what little credibility you can from a different (true) event with similar circumstances in order to make yourself look credible on a forum. You had no intention of posting that bit about how many guns you own; you only did that to add irrelevant information to an already-failing thread.

You would have just copied/pasted that "cool, feel-good story" in your first post, then sat back and watched as the views and replies from other posters mounted up, had I not injected some reality into your imagination.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 20:24:34

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it's fiction? like da bible kinda fiction, or da Rickroll kinda fiction?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Cougar Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 20:41:08

Oddly enough, the first three words, "two illegal aliens" immediately set warnings off in my head.

To the people read these chain-emails: Does that seem like the way a credible news source would begin a column that way? The location and kicker above the main body suggest that this was copied from a major publication, thus giving it legitimacy.

And yeah, chain emails are fail, 99.9999999% of the time.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 26th 2012, 20:53:38

But most of these "accidents" of kids shooting eachother with daddy's gun would be avoided with a little education, not to mention the added benefit of being able to defend themselves.

Many of the incidents probably could be avoided with education, but certainly not all.

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:02:29

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

But most of these "accidents" of kids shooting eachother with daddy's gun would be avoided with a little education, not to mention the added benefit of being able to defend themselves.

Many of the incidents probably could be avoided with education, but certainly not all.

that is probably why ford said "most" not "all"

so what are you driving at with your comment?
Damn missed it

Sifos Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:03:34

Have fun living in your fluffed up country where you need guns at home to be safe, because everyone else has guns too...

Meanwhile in Sweden we'll use all the money we need not to spend on gun related fluff to do something more productive.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Apr 26th 2012, 21:07:25

is it that the citizens of Sweden don't want to buy guns, or the citizens of Sweden are denied the right to buy guns because they'd run around shooting each other?

mazooka Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:09:04

Originally posted by Sifos:
Have fun living in your fluffed up country where you need guns at home to be safe, because everyone else has guns too...

Meanwhile in Sweden we'll use all the money we need not to spend on gun related fluff to do something more productive.

Yea, over here youre imagrint ballz would get shot off by little girld! Better stay ovr there and not come tayk oer jobs!

Sifos Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:18:08

It's because we see the simple correlation between guns and death from gun fire. Sadly you don't. Your right to "protect yourself" means you're 20 (twenty) times more likely to get shot.

I.e., for 20 of these illigal immigrants, who had robbed and killed previously, we only have one. We don't need to let our 11 year olds handle guns.

But I guess you're either too retarded to understand this kind of correlation, or simply like when people die.
Imaginary Numbers

Trife Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:28:19

Fun fact:

Sweden (31.6guns/100 citizens) has just about as many guns per capita as the Iraq (34.2). Sweden has more guns/citizen than Norway, and we all remember the tragedy that happened recently there.

You guys have guns :) A good number of guns. Granted, you're smarter at using them - but you're still spending plenty of money on your guns.

pew pew pew!

mrford Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:32:14

It really is pathetic watching you on these forums Nuke. Maybe one day you will be able to see how sad it is. You truely are the Internet king.

As for guns, I'm a responsible gun owner. Should I lose my right to own guns, hunt, and recreationally shoot them because of people who can't follow the rules? I'm fine with the risk involved in national gun ownership. I have never been shot, I have been stabbed though, and if I wasn't drunk it wouldn't of happened because I would of been carrying my sidearm and would of shot the fluffers in the face. But since I was following the rules (you can have zero alchahol on your breath when carrying, I was unarmed and got stabbed.

Edited By: mrford on Apr 26th 2012, 21:35:35
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Helmet Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 21:34:41

Nice!

Apr 26th 2012, 21:35:39

It's because we see the simple correlation between guns and death from gun fire. Sadly you don't. Your right to "protect yourself" means you're 20 (twenty) times more likely to get shot.

I.e., for 20 of these illigal immigrants, who had robbed and killed previously, we only have one. We don't need to let our 11 year olds handle guns.

But I guess you're either too retarded to understand this kind of correlation, or simply like when people die.

actually, i don't really have a like or dislike about people dying. it's just something that happens. they're dead. bury them before they stink up the place.

meh, i could tell you about the cleaning up that was required when my dad died and rotted for about 10 days before he was discovered. but fluff you.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Apr 26th 2012, 21:39:12
See Original Post

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 26th 2012, 21:37:40

I was aware of the fact that he used to word "may". However, given that so many other people on AT have problems properly interpreting sentences I figured it was better to make it more explicit.

The point of my comment was exactly what it says. People shouldn't use "just educate people" as a blanket argument in defence, because it obviously doesn't fully address the problems.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2012, 22:59:57

I have guns however there is no way my kids could reach them. The guns and ammo are both locked up in different spots.

I grew up with guns but it is a fact that more kids are killed playing with guns in the home than not. It's not really a good thing to have loaded guns in easy access to your children.

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 23:00:46

Fair enough.

Damn missed it

archaic Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 0:43:13

I love snopes, I should have checked it, does not change my sentiment though.

So, is MrFord v NukeEvil the new Evo v Laf?

I sure hope so, I like battles where I can root against both sides - kinda like roller derby.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

vern Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 1:10:05

i cheered for skinny minny miller

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 1:26:24

Originally posted by archaic:
So, is MrFord v NukeEvil the new Evo v Laf?

I sure hope so, I like battles where I can root against both sides - kinda like roller derby.

Nah, I've ABed his thread into the dust, and have moved on to far bigger challenges.

Challenges such as taking a dump without falling in the toilet.

Schilling Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 1:28:34

I was aware of the fact that he used to word "may". However, given that so many other people on AT have problems properly interpreting sentences I figured it was better to make it more explicit.

The point of my comment was exactly what it says. People shouldn't use "just educate people" as a blanket argument in defence, because it obviously doesn't fully address the problems.

Some people just can't be trained, and unfortunately become a danger to themselves. We can't save everyone. Darwin has to kick in somewhere.

I carry a firearm for one simple reason: The criminals/evil doers will usually have one, or some kind of weapon. It's a good equalizer and deterrent.

Mr Snow

Apr 27th 2012, 6:34:25

Nobody cares about Sweden, unless you're talking about Volvos. Stop getting on this forum and go make me a car.

iScode Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 6:45:03

what a bunch of rednecks, that little fluff should be put to death!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Alin Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 7:15:11

All i am thinking right now is what would eventually happen in USA in case of a civil war. Because everybody owns various types of guns ...

Most of the people get the gun for intimidation purposes. In my country you can get a gun only if:
-you are mentally healthy
-have a type of military training ( you`ll have to take some classes in case you don`t )
-a clean charge sheet
-a certain age not passing over 60 ( i think )

Similar rules applies to a lot of countries in UE and we never live with the fear of being robbed by a thief with a Ak47.

In USA you can get a gun if :
-you breathe

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 8:17:40

^ you don't really believe what you just typed there do you?

That is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read....

You need to be 18 to purchase a gun in the US, you need to be 21 to purchase a handgun, and you need to be trained to be allowed to conceal a gun in public. You also mist undergo a background check, and most gun laws are state governed. There is a MASSIVE difference in New England and Texas gun laws.

I am currently applying and going through the red tape for a class 3 permit. That would allow me to have silencers and automatics. I do not need them, but they are fun as fluff to shoot.

None of my guns I bought for "intimidation purposes"

You are a fluffig idiot and ou need to actually know what you are talking about before you want to come at my country and our freedoms. You watch too many movies.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Sifos Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 8:42:33

Originally posted by Trife:

Fun fact:

Sweden (31.6guns/100 citizens) has just about as many guns per capita as the Iraq (34.2). Sweden has more guns/citizen than Norway, and we all remember the tragedy that happened recently there.

You guys have guns :) A good number of guns. Granted, you're smarter at using them - but you're still spending plenty of money on your guns.

pew pew pew!

Not sure what you want to prove by bringing Iraq into the fray. Anyway, yes we have guns. About a third of the per capita as compared to you, and on average three per person with a license. Up north in the more scarcely populated parts it's higher, about twice the overall average.

95% of these licenses are for hunting or shooting ranges. Majority of the rest are for collectible weapons. Even if americans had twice the "need" per capita for these kinds of guns, it'd still mean that for every "legitimate" weapon in Sweden, you have 2 legitimate, and 1 illegitimate, in the states.

As for Norway, Breivik used one of the most military-like weapons allowed. He killed 69 with it, alone bringing up Norways gun related deaths per 100k people by 1.38, up from 0.04-0.35 (1993-2009). A huge tragedy, one lone guy killing 4 times the previous max of annual gun homicides in total during the said period.

Let's put that into perspective. For the same period, the figure for the U.S. is 2.97-7.07. I.e., in a good year, the U.S. has about twice that of Norway last year, or for each 5 million people (the population of Norway) the U.S. has 2 Breiviks. In a bad year, it's 5. It turns out that comparatively it's only a tragedy in the sense that it was a blow struck by a single person.
Imaginary Numbers

Alin Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 9:10:05

^ you don't really believe what you just typed there do you?

That is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read....

You need to be 18 to purchase a gun in the US, you need to be 21 to purchase a handgun, and you need to be trained to be allowed to conceal a gun in public. You also mist undergo a background check, and most gun laws are state governed. There is a MASSIVE difference in New England and Texas gun laws.

I am currently applying and going through the red tape for a class 3 permit. That would allow me to have silencers and automatics. I do not need them, but they are fun as fluff to shoot.

None of my guns I bought for "intimidation purposes"

You are a fluffig idiot and ou need to actually know what you are talking about before you want to come at my country and our freedoms. You watch too many movies.

No need to swear. I said what i had to say.

First of all you come here with an "urban legend" about a girl shooting 2 thiefs. After that you show off on AT ( lol ) you gun collection and finally you bring into discution automatics ( for fun ? - you gotta be kidding me).

Seeing the way you think is no wonder to me why some usa kids play counter-strike on line and off line ( in schools ).

Atryn Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 12:19:21

Wait, what you said makes no sense. Why would you need to own guns with silencers or automatic weapons just to experience the "fun" of shooting them? Why can that not be done in a controlled environment where these guns aren't out circulating in the public space, at gun shows, etc.

In fact, the article you posted (which was fake, but lets use it as an example) describes the "intruders" as having a gun on them that they stole from a prior robbery. So clearly now you are putting guns with silencers and automatics into that equation. Don't you see that??? "Arming society" doesn't just keep guns in the hands of people with permits.

I see that logic all the time... Crazy.

Why do you think weapons manufacturers produce more guns than needed??? People with permits have theirs lost/stolen and need to buy more. Where do you think those lost/stolen guns go??? They equip criminals.

Ever wonder how all these criminals who would never pass a background check to get a gun get them??? Its cause there are way too many just "floating around" out there.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 12:32:49

And then there's the old argument of "if we outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns".

EDIT: But let's not get sidetracked by mrford's attempt to deflect blame from himself. This isn't a gun rights thread; this is a thread which he attempted to make himself feel good by making others feel good with a fictional story. Then, when I called him out on it, he went on the offensive, trying to change the thread's topic to "gun rights". LOL.

Edited By: NukEvil on Apr 27th 2012, 12:37:32
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 18:33:20

Youassume someone would be able to steal my guns. I have a rather expensive gun safe that you would need some rather heavy equipment to break into.

As I said before, I keep all but 2 of my guns in that safe, so if/when I am allowed to own automatics, they weill be handled in a safe maker.

You make too many assumptions for mento take you and your arguments seriously, no matter how long your posts.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 18:38:28

Let's make this an analogy. Let's say guns are cars. Now there are some people not responsible enough to drive a car. Be it their lack of skill, training, recklessness, or inability to not drink and drive. These people still find a way to buy, steal, or some other way aquire a car. And they still manage to kill people with them.

Maybe we should do away with cars in all major urban areas and force everyone to use mass transit. It would solve a lot of problems!

Now I realize that comparing a car to a gun is a bit of a streatch, and that the predicts necessity of the two are rather far apart, but my point still remains.

Just because some people can't follow the rules, I do not see that as a reason to punish everyone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 18:46:55

As for this "arming society" thing you keep referring to. Where have I ever said that that was my goal? I own 2 guns for self defense, and I will admit that I will probably never need them. Most of my guns are for hunting and recreation, like most gun owners are. Sure there are some crazies out there that are arming for the end of the world but immnot one of them.

Me and my friends load my boat up every Sunday and roll way offshore and spend hours shooting at floating targets in a safe manner. That is why we own our guns, for fun. If it turns out that one day I do need them for self defense, well cool, I'm ready. But that is not my main goal as you seem to keep implying, so your arming society argument has nothing to do with me, nor does your "the criminals will steal your guns" argument. I am a responsible gun owner. It is that simple, and that was my point all along. Education and responsibility solve many of the crime related problems.

As for nuke evil, stop being a pathetic attention whore. By now everyone knows that the story is fake. Everyone knows that i made a mistake. You are embarasing yourself with your "hey look at minim an Internet boss" mentality. There is a legit debate in this thread nonmatter how it started, participate of shut the fluff up.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Detmer Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 19:55:28

All gun-control points aside, Nuke owned ford who is a complete newb for posting a fictitious story and thinking it is real.