Verified:

aponic Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 23:37:24

What was political maneuvering in the past has been reduced to shallow actions of cowardice. There are no showings of bravado, no great feats of skill or mechanics. It is rather obvious, and I rather waste time typing this, but I wanted to point it out, from the perspective of someone no longer playing and simply watching from the sidelines. When the game is made no longer enjoyable for your foe, you will be left to play alone.
SOF
Cerevisi

dagga Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 23:41:36

There are no decent wars any more because the retards starting the wars are so fluff scared of losing them all they do is plot to blindside and gangbang smaller alliances.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 23:42:56

the spies are just getting old and senile, cut them some slack.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 24th 2012, 23:43:26

The biggest problem is that an incentive has been created to lobby due to the fact that we now have active admins that play the game.

Unfortunately most of the community seems to have decided that lobbying for their problems to be resolved via changes to game mechanics or game policy is simply easier than bucking up and working on your alliance's organization.

Meanwhile if people took half the time they spend lobbying the admins over their problems and spent that on their alliance instead, chances are most of the problems would be gone. But I digress.

dagga Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 23:44:58

Incorrect idiot.

But that's par for your course.
signatures are stupid.

anoniem Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 23:48:32

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
The biggest problem is that an incentive has been created to lobby due to the fact that we now have active admins that play the game.

Unfortunately most of the community seems to have decided that lobbying for their problems to be resolved via changes to game mechanics or game policy is simply easier than bucking up and working on your alliance's organization.

Meanwhile if people took half the time they spend lobbying the admins over their problems and spent that on their alliance instead, chances are most of the problems would be gone. But I digress.

It's not us (LaF) it's the rest of you fluff alliances (LaF's words not mine) that need to sort yourselves out for the good* of this game.

Arrogant and wrong much?

Edited By: anoniem on Apr 24th 2012, 23:51:51
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

Forum Moderator

Apr 24th 2012, 23:51:59

Funny how you managed to gather all of that from my post when it wasn't there at all.

LaF lobbies the admins just as much as anyone else.

God you can't even troll well, complete failure.

Kalick Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 23:56:04

I agree with aponic.

Apr 25th 2012, 0:02:04

so, basically, the admins respond to favors to make the game more beneficial to a specific alliance over another... what kind of favors have to be offered to get the most benefit?

Forum Moderator

Apr 25th 2012, 0:04:40

Once again that isn't what I said.

I didn't speak to the incentives/behaviour of the admins at all, I only spoke to the behaviour of alliances/players.

calvin74 Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:07:51

I agree with Kalick

Reckless Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:08:32

When alliances manipulate other alliances to war makes the politics suck.

aponic Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:16:49

I will assume mod-dom over my thread.

H4 made a good point.
Anoneim made a good troll.
Dibs misread everything stated.
SOF
Cerevisi

dagga Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:18:11

Is haxor wanker suggesting that LaF are only powerful because they suck the best fluff!

Where can I sign up????
signatures are stupid.

Apr 25th 2012, 0:18:18

dude, just because you're tapped into the box and can't think out of it, doesn't mean that i misread it.

Apr 25th 2012, 0:28:52

btw, i'm still pissed that this site attempted to grab my computer for Anonymous use.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2012, 0:37:00

I agree with clavin74

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2012, 0:37:13

Originally posted by Getafix:
I agree with calvin74

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:37:15

Threads of AT arnt going to end any of this. Until people stop acting like children and coming after each other and actually come to terms in private this will just keep going. And its dumb, but until leaders of all sides actually come to the table looking end this bs, no one is going to get anywhere.

And I get it, all alliances around now are used to success (otherwise they likely would have died off a long time ago), but at the moment the price of "success" is too high in my opinion.

kingofthezulus

Apr 25th 2012, 0:43:27

People have been saying Earth politics are old and boring for years. The era in which you were most active in this game will likely be the most politically interesting to you. I love music from the 90's. Guess what? My Dad thinks music from the 60's was the best, while my Grandfather only listened to stuff from the 40's.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:43:45

i agree fully also

it starts by pacting and communication on both sides without having a side convo about how to break it. then we can stop these stupid grudges.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Reckless Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:46:53

LAP DOGS ARE BAD TOO

aponic Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 0:49:53

PDM came to the table. They never left it. I see them get fluff slapped every other set because they make an easy target. What would you say to that.
SOF
Cerevisi

dagga Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 1:27:28

hanlong, you're amazing. You have started every war since April last year yet have the gall to ask for a stop to the grudges.

Why? Because your time is coming and you've had your fun.
signatures are stupid.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 1:32:56

LOL

you said that a few resets ago ;)

its attitudes like yours that propagate fluff like this ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

aponic Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 1:36:32

You two have the making of great friends. Birds of a feather and all.
SOF
Cerevisi

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 1:40:38

Originally posted by dagga:
hanlong, you're amazing. You have started every war since April last year yet have the gall to ask for a stop to the grudges.

Why? Because your time is coming and you've had your fun.

I don't know why I bother making a serious post, every thread just ends in troll vs counter troll anyway.

MrX Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 1:42:51

Originally posted by aponic:
You two have the making of great friends. Birds of a feather and all.

hahaha.. they are sweet in that way, arent they?
________
Join LaF { http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=LaF }
-+=[ Semper Paratus et Fidelis ] http://www.lafamiglia.org {iCQ: 168700501}

Anonymous

Apr 25th 2012, 1:49:16

Your ignorance Dagga really is beginning to effect my feelings for SoL.

Stop with this SoL is the victim act, no one believes it. SoL instigated this entire situation.

People are not stupid, I am not sure who you think believes your bullfluff? Does SoL really believe they did nothing to instigate LaF into slaughtering them? If so wow you lot are easily brainwashed.

No one on the outside is going to say "oh poor SoL", SoL earned it's licks.

Just as no one believes all the bullfluff LaF spews, Hanlong is well known as a programmer, and I just bet he knows how to read and which RFCs describe the IRC protocol.

If any decent programmer cared to look at RFC 1459 and update Memos and the connected RFCs, I just bet anything they could make their own client or bot from scratch?

Now I am not accusing anyone of anything, because guess what it doesn't matter.

Both sides should shut the fluff up, stop accusing each other of ruining the game, and Evo should drop Anoniem so a proper peace deal can be made.

No trick terms, no FAs running their mouth on AT, no more plotting, and give a faithful 3 set pact.

If anyone takes anything away from all of this, I am hopeful that Evolution will demote Anoniem. How LaF puts up with this little worm and his mouth is unbelievable. If I was in their shoes I would just declare perpetual war on any alliance that would have him as a member.

ymous>iem!

Chevs

Apr 25th 2012, 1:55:01

apo why dont you come back and do something about it.

bring biz mak and hombre with you ya wanker
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Jiman Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:01:27

*eats popcorn*

Detmer Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:02:04

Originally posted by Chevs:
apo why dont you come back and do something about it.

bring biz mak and hombre with you ya wanker

Confirmed. We would love to have you in PDM.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:02:49

come to PDM

ClayQ Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:14:02

Yes I am SoL Currently, however...

Lets make a few points;

1) LaF has 50% more countries.
2) Even Wars are More Enjoyable then uneven ones.
3) Even if Sol FS'ed LaF Laf would still have just as good of a chance.
4) LaF Claims to want to net, Yet by FSing sol in fear they guarentee they aren't netting.
5) SoL ALWAYS Saves turns, It means nothing until they actually make a FS. The silly OMG You were going to FS us so we FS'ed you is sooo old, particularly when used as a defense coupled with we just want to net.

Back on topic however, this games politics are old, there is no real dynamic change its always one side loses, cries to whoever will listen and then tries to get revenge. And keeps trying until they get enough revenge. Which then leads to the otherside feeling slighted and trying to get revenge... grudges.

Everyone here has essentially played with everyone else for at least a decade, and no one seems to be able to let things go. And in the end politics don't matter because they are what you want them to be. It doesn't matter what kind of a pact you have, we can still hit each other.

In the end, Netting is boring and war is frustrating. People who generally want to net want to net because they don't have the time to war (or the patience or whatever) and those who want to war do it because its the only enjoyable thing to do in this game for them.

If you want real change you've got to come up with it, and set out to make it happen. But around here when someone doesn't agree with your change instead of asking their opinion or trying to work with them for a change you simply attempt to force them to change by attempting to force them to disband and shrink. Which is not the answer, particularly when you consider that the guilds that are here basically aren't going anywhere. they will shrink and grow but the guilds won't disband. All the lets brutalize them into submission does in hurt the game, as players quit playing.

For whatever reason LaF did or didn't do, in the end because of their size, they are hurting the game by fsing. Uneven wars do that. Now I won't go so far as to say they are ruining the game yet, because that's yet to be seen based on what they do once they've won. If they continue to farm SoL all restart then yes, they are ruining the game by chasing players from it for the sake of their own netting. If they actually make a move to say something along the lines of "hey we won, lets fix this situation now... here's what we want" then I'll give them their credit as long as their demands are "reasonable".

Now I don't know the server politics fully as I'm a mostly inactive S.O.B. but it seems to me the server is still split into two sides, that needs to change. Here's an innovation for you try having fewer allies, instead of more.

Helmet Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:27:17

Aponic: I emailed you and sent you a site message!

iScode Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:37:45

i am finding the politics entertaining.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

hanlong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:49:50

Originally posted by ClayQ:
Yes I am SoL Currently, however...

Lets make a few points;

1) LaF has 50% more countries.
2) Even Wars are More Enjoyable then uneven ones.
3) Even if Sol FS'ed LaF Laf would still have just as good of a chance.
4) LaF Claims to want to net, Yet by FSing sol in fear they guarentee they aren't netting.
5) SoL ALWAYS Saves turns, It means nothing until they actually make a FS. The silly OMG You were going to FS us so we FS'ed you is sooo old, particularly when used as a defense coupled with we just want to net.

Back on topic however, this games politics are old, there is no real dynamic change its always one side loses, cries to whoever will listen and then tries to get revenge. And keeps trying until they get enough revenge. Which then leads to the otherside feeling slighted and trying to get revenge... grudges.

Everyone here has essentially played with everyone else for at least a decade, and no one seems to be able to let things go. And in the end politics don't matter because they are what you want them to be. It doesn't matter what kind of a pact you have, we can still hit each other.

In the end, Netting is boring and war is frustrating. People who generally want to net want to net because they don't have the time to war (or the patience or whatever) and those who want to war do it because its the only enjoyable thing to do in this game for them.

If you want real change you've got to come up with it, and set out to make it happen. But around here when someone doesn't agree with your change instead of asking their opinion or trying to work with them for a change you simply attempt to force them to change by attempting to force them to disband and shrink. Which is not the answer, particularly when you consider that the guilds that are here basically aren't going anywhere. they will shrink and grow but the guilds won't disband. All the lets brutalize them into submission does in hurt the game, as players quit playing.

For whatever reason LaF did or didn't do, in the end because of their size, they are hurting the game by fsing. Uneven wars do that. Now I won't go so far as to say they are ruining the game yet, because that's yet to be seen based on what they do once they've won. If they continue to farm SoL all restart then yes, they are ruining the game by chasing players from it for the sake of their own netting. If they actually make a move to say something along the lines of "hey we won, lets fix this situation now... here's what we want" then I'll give them their credit as long as their demands are "reasonable".

Now I don't know the server politics fully as I'm a mostly inactive S.O.B. but it seems to me the server is still split into two sides, that needs to change. Here's an innovation for you try having fewer allies, instead of more.

+1 good post.

i tried 2 resets ago to have open discussions and i thought we were going somewhere with our CF, but apparently not.

can we let old fluff go and have a go at it again? it takes both sides to agree to something
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Forum Moderator

Apr 25th 2012, 2:50:38

You think that fighting a war requires more time than netting? To net well, it takes a lot more effort.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:53:26

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
You think that fighting a war requires more time than netting? To net well, it takes a lot more effort.

to war well is like to net well, both take a lot of effort. what some netters don't understand is how much effort it takes to war, and how much war alliances don't understand how much effort it is to netgain seriously.

the lazy all-x type of netgaining is like warring attending a warchat every other day and never stonewalling.

to hardcore dr camp is like breaking like a boss and stonewalling like crazy.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

ninong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:56:31

i play this game for the boobies
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

MrX Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 3:56:32

Originally posted by iScode:
i am finding the politics entertaining.

nice, i found somebody with same view.

Originally posted by ninong:
i play this game for the boobies

im gonna steal the boobies for beer...
________
Join LaF { http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=LaF }
-+=[ Semper Paratus et Fidelis ] http://www.lafamiglia.org {iCQ: 168700501}

TNTroXxor Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 3:58:47

/hump ninong and drag him into the store room by his fluff
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Eric171 Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:03:47

Originally posted by aponic:
What was political maneuvering in the past has been reduced to shallow actions of cowardice. There are no showings of bravado, no great feats of skill or mechanics. It is rather obvious, and I rather waste time typing this, but I wanted to point it out, from the perspective of someone no longer playing and simply watching from the sidelines. When the game is made no longer enjoyable for your foe, you will be left to play alone.

I was also disappointed when I came back to the game and saw that politics has been somewhat reduced to fighting over landtrading and pacts reduced to a way of abusing people you are pacted with.

On the other hand, we still can see attempts at big schemes and the side that is losing, as usual, should try to get better allies and better organized and better strategy, as, afaik, the sof/laf block is not over half the server.

hawkeyee Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:05:35

You know what we need? A draft server. A new server where each person gets drafted onto even alliances. Each reset you play with a different group of people based on how you get drafted. All alliances are equal. All alliances get to decide their goals/directions for each given reset. We need to change things up.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

hanlong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:08:26

good idea actually.

i want people to be forced to play with people they normally don't just see the other side sometimes =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hawkeyee Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:12:54

Yeah. The more I think about it the more I like it... I like it so much I posted it to the bugs and suggestions forum!
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

hanlong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:17:39

and just a friendly reminder, stop trying to "surprise" the other side. there are no surprises.

i've seen all the surprises i would love to handle when i first started this game in 1998. no one creates surprises as well as RoCK did.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 25th 2012, 5:58:44

Aponic
Join CC again, I will go back to FA in NBK....and we can have a round 2?
But make sure you are a leader again so you can detag everyone....
How was that not exciting?
:P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

locket Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 6:13:21

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
Threads of AT arnt going to end any of this. Until people stop acting like children and coming after each other and actually come to terms in private this will just keep going. And its dumb, but until leaders of all sides actually come to the table looking end this bs, no one is going to get anywhere.

And I get it, all alliances around now are used to success (otherwise they likely would have died off a long time ago), but at the moment the price of "success" is too high in my opinion.

Well said, now what did you do with the real SS? :P

If people keep spending all their time planning how to backstab or manipulate eachother I don't see it going well unless the "sides" someone become even. I wish everyone would communicate better -_-

Jiman Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 6:36:01

Communication is key to everything.