Verified:

dagga Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 8:09:46

Seriously, well done. The idea was always a solid one but I think it was martian that came up with the forumla - I reckon its spot on. The tedium of building CS and getting your country to a point where it can help out again has been circumvented.

Much appreciated.

The only other thing that might improve it would be to retain a small percentage of tech - reward those players who have spent cash or turns on proper tech levels. Maybe 10% of previous tech amounts?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

locket Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 8:13:18

Originally posted by dagga:
Seriously, well done. The idea was always a solid one but I think it was martian that came up with the forumla - I reckon its spot on. The tedium of building CS and getting your country to a point where it can help out again has been circumvented.

Much appreciated.

The only other thing that might improve it would be to retain a small percentage of tech - reward those players who have spent cash or turns on proper tech levels. Maybe 10% of previous tech amounts?

If they feel it needs a buff that would be the first place I'd go to but maybe they think it's already strong enough. I suppose we shall wait and see what/if they say

elvesrus

Apr 24th 2012, 8:45:57

it's good for wars this early, but the later you get it ends up being too many CS and not enough cash
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Drow Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 9:06:22

yeah the CS/cash thing is a little off, because you EITHER rebuild your land or get military. I'd rather have a casual 25 bpt on a restart, and spend the money to be able to have say 50k troops jets and turrets at least when coming back OOP.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Helmet Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 9:13:48

You wouldn't be giving credit if you knew it was my idea. ;)

Alin Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 9:20:26

A good idea deserves credit no matter whos idea is.

Jiman Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 9:41:20

Originally posted by Alin:
Yar.

Drow Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 11:16:58

I agree. a good idea is a good idea, I just suspect it might be a few too many cs.

Jax Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 11:19:46

I wish there was a measure of randomness involved in the restart country.

As it is, with proper calculations, you can easily determine which country restarted with what new country number.
msn:

dagga Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 11:23:09

Of course you did Helmet.

http://forums.earthempires.com/Forum.php?threadid=11882

PS. Helmet also invented the wheel and modern telecommunications.

Edited By: dagga on Apr 24th 2012, 11:28:50
See Original Post
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Alin Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 12:31:29

Helmet is a copycat :P

TheMatrix

Apr 24th 2012, 12:55:44

Of course you did Helmet.

http://forums.earthempires.com/Forum.php?threadid=11882

PS. Helmet also invented the wheel and modern telecommunications.

Confirmed. Also, the internet...

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2012, 12:59:29

Wow, that's cool, way to go Helmut!

Alin Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 13:05:39

I think the spam attack button killed the fun for all the stonewallers and should be removed.

As an earthempires player, you work 2 weeks -> 1 and a half months in order to see your work destroyed in 35-60 seconds. 7-8 years ago 4 minutes kills were good, now a good kill is 30-40 seconds ... wtf? If i would have been a n00b starting this game tommorow - and i`ll see my work destoyed in 30 seconds after 1 month of learning i`ll quit instantly.

Spam attack button killed logic too.
I remember that i was the fastest at the math class because i was moding warchats in earth2025. You had to do some fast thinking in those days in order to give nice accurate breaks to your mates during a war-chat.

During last set ( Sol Ws LCN + Imag ) i saw terrible fast kills, including someone dieing in 37 seconds. The over-sendings were terrible. All the sides involved in a random war do not use brains anymore. They just set up the target to 1/3 of their military, wait and spam no matter the looses/logic.

Giving the perfect scenario i admit that i can`t turn on my lap, connect to internet and log in into earth in less than 1 minute ( if i am on WC 1 minute should be added, and if i am into a love session 10-15 more minutes should be added). This game destroy work WAY to fast.

Another fact that was brought into my attention is that the spam attacks make earth freez/lag. That`s not cool either.

Admins and Developers should do something about it.

Detmer Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 13:14:08

It is very good and very well balanced, other than the cash is too low at higher turn counts.

Bronco Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 13:19:04

This is the best change in Earth in a looong time! Great idea.
--
Bronco
Sons Of Liberty

Bronco Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 13:19:28

Dags, I like your tech idea as well.
--
Bronco
Sons Of Liberty

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 24th 2012, 13:31:33

praise from dagga... what is this world coming too lol..
The idea was actually a compilation of various peoples suggestions slightly reworked, including posts from Helmet and Dagga :P

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Rockman Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 14:03:33

Much appreciated.

It's very useful to those who lack the ability to run a good restart under the old rules. It makes warring easier for those who lack warring ability, which apparently includes dagga.

Atryn Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 14:16:57

So you are saying that Helmet and Dagga worked closely together in a collaborative effort, constructively building to a consensus for the greater good of all the players of EE they hold so dear?

Erian Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 14:30:59

Originally posted by Atryn:

So you are saying that Helmet and Dagga worked closely together in a collaborative effort, constructively building to a consensus for the greater good of all the players of EE they hold so dear?

I didn't believe this Mayan crap about the world ending in 2012, but maybe they were on to something...

Unsympathetic Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 14:57:16

Spam attack makes wars unbalanced, eliminating countries in seconds that took weeks to craft.

Also, the coding for mobile devices eliminates the ability of mobile devices to either participate in the spam attacking or stonewall the spam attacking.

Not sure yet what I think about 1800A fully built and teched-out restarts at turn 100.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2012, 15:19:55

Much appreciated.

I just want to make sure props are given to the right peson: Llaar had this idea a long, long time ago. Martin may have done the formula or something but lets make sure to give Llaar some props for the idea.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p;p=1289024553&page=1

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 15:29:12

I and a few others have long suggested allowing restarts to have 10% of everything their dead country did. What Martian did was just pick and choose the best ideas out of all the similar ideas.

ninong Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 2:53:22

helmet and dagga together will make good offspring
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Helmet Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 3:02:52

Poor dagga. Worlds biggest hater

Drow Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:30:16

Unsym: I am not so sure about that. I've walled from the mobile page on multiple occasions quite successfully (well apart from the time my battery went flat mid wall :P)

archaic Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 4:50:01

Originally posted by Rockman:

Much appreciated.

It's very useful to those who lack the ability to run a good restart under the old rules. It makes warring easier for those who lack warring ability, which apparently includes dagga.

That was uncalled for. Anything that increases restarting is good for the game. EE should not be the sole property of the rarified aire, newscamping, giant-excel-spreadsheet-building wonks like rockman. People who get laid should be able to play too (which still rules out dagga, sadly)
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Devestation Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 5:58:12

Alin I can send up to 9 attacks per second if I'm on my game with my mouse clicking, but I've never had the game freeze. Are you sure the matter isn't on your PC's end?

Cougar Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 21:02:58

To anybody complaining about the resend attack button...

Do you really think it is any faster than the old days of pressing "Backspace - Spacebar" over and over?

I've played this game for a long long long time now, and I don't notice any difference.

elvesrus

Apr 25th 2012, 21:38:43

I always liked clicking and having the result in a new tab
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

archaic Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 4:17:51

tabbed browsers have changed hitting way more than the resend button. I remember plenty of 30-40 second kills in the old days during FS

I frequently use 6+ tabs when Im hitting now, I can burn 120 turns in a matter of seconds if I'm not breaking

Helmet Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 4:19:33

Don't complain about too many CS. That's crazy talk.

Drow Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 12:06:17

not true. there is such a thing as too high a BPT, especially with bugger all cash.

Flamey Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 13:39:41

I think CSes are over powered late set. Restarts getting 400CS at the end is crazy. I'd suggest the cap at 100 or something, while money and such is increased later on.

Helmet Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 14:42:53

So you can't build to your bpt in one turn, how is that a bad thing? It's a hell of a lot better than having 10bpt. :P If it's such a problem for you then drop them.

archaic Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 16:46:22

agree, they have almost no cost and they were the single biggest holdback to getting a restart back in the game by the old rules

more CS >>>>> less CS

Dr Gonzo Game profile

May 8th 2012, 0:44:06

having the bpt boast on restarts is a great thing

Marco Game profile

May 8th 2012, 0:52:27

I've personally stonewalled
Gs
Br
Ab
And cm rush.

Get this.... From my phone.

You guys complaining, suck less?

Wharfed

May 8th 2012, 0:55:35

You mean I can look forward to restarting 5 times now? AWESOME!!!
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Wharfed

May 8th 2012, 1:00:32

Also, this, just as any new feature to the game will require modifications before a happy medium is reached. So, everything you mention will of course be heard by someone hopefully and slight changes will occur each set.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:51:22

archaic: disagree. I never had a prob with getting to around 25 bpt or so, leaving it there, go farmer and either catch FA or anklebite ;)

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:52:27

helmet: what point having the built up land if you have no military because you can't buy it?
need the built land to maintain the mil, but need the mil to hit.

aponic Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:26:05

Much appreciated.

This would also serve to identify the players restart (based on the dead countries tech levels). To a point, it would revome anonimity from restarting.
SOF
Cerevisi

Xinhuan Game profile

May 8th 2012, 19:13:39

There isn't any anonymity in restarting now to begin with. If I killed your country, I will probably have your /turnsplayed from the op and can calculate your restart's initial land size and NW.