Verified:

Unsympathetic Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 4:31:16

I didn't do it, I've been framed! Ah! Wocka wocka!

~Fozzie Bear

Alin Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:34:48

I actually think that out of the 5 or 10k players this game had years ago ; nowadays half of the remaining ~700 players are just retards who finally got a spot into random leadership. And now they do their best to just end this game.

EVO you suck!!!

Pride Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:40:32

^^

hahahahahahahhaha

+1

Duna Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:43:44

LoL, so much text for just nothing:) I dont see anything special in this kills. DC should learn some rules, if they dont want to be killed again.

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:54:55

Originally posted by Alin:
I actually think that out of the 5 or 10k players this game had years ago ; nowadays half of the remaining ~700 players are just retards who finally got a spot into random leadership. And now they do their best to just end this game.

EVO you suck!!!

Misinformed much? Whine more? Most of the leaders from today were leaders at some point in the past too. Look at Sof MD Sol Laf etc

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:55:21

Originally posted by Duna:
LoL, so much text for just nothing:) I dont see anything special in this kills. DC should learn some rules, if they dont want to be killed again.

Could have taught them the rules instead of killing them for it.

Frodo Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 6:00:57

As a new member i can personally say that it is difficult to learn unwritten rules. And it seems that there are a lot of them. I'm kind of curious who decided what the rules were in the first place?

iScode Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 6:14:08

society as a whole i guess.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 18th 2012, 6:25:44

Things were warred over, victor's policies imposed. After a while things become generally accepted, and then considered "standard".

For example 1:1 retals were very controversial 13 years ago or so, and wars were fought over it, but now it is considered the gold standard of conventions.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Apr 18th 2012, 16:18:00
See Original Post

anoniem Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 8:29:20

DC had a country that could have retalled any and all of evo's countries. They decided not to and to start "retalling" random members instead. We had an FA and another Head contact them, whereby we told them that those were not acceptable retals.

When we tried to retal those grabs they RoRed. They weren't going to change their stance, because they felt it was necessary.

I don't remember anyone crying when SAMCRO got killed 3 sets in a row for "retalling" other countries or using unaccepted methods of retaliation.

Also I don't remember DC asking EVO for a pact at the start of the set, in fact the first time I even heard of DC was when archaic made that evo/laf thread.
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 9:30:15

Originally posted by anoniem:
DC had a country that could have retalled any and all of evo's countries. They decided not to and to start "retalling" random members instead. We had an FA and another Head contact them, whereby we told them that those were not acceptable retals.

When we tried to retal those grabs they RoRed. They weren't going to change their stance, because they felt it was necessary.

I don't remember anyone crying when SAMCRO got killed 3 sets in a row for "retalling" other countries or using unaccepted methods of retaliation.

Also I don't remember DC asking EVO for a pact at the start of the set, in fact the first time I even heard of DC was when archaic made that evo/laf thread.

They are a new group of players who had never played this game before. There is a thread where people tried to give them advice but learning this game takes time when you consider the political aspect of it. All of their pacts came after that thread occurred or shortly after in some cases(Laf pacted them at some point), so that is why they didn't ask you for a pact. I guess they didn't learn fast enough.

And the SAMCRO case is not the same. Apples and oranges. Both fruit and both dead but not the same.

The Archaic thread from 6 days ago was an attempt to get people to give them a shot in their first set, not to bash Evo or Laf.

BattleKJ Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 10:30:11

I think when LaF say "we've put locket back in his cage" they really mean "we'll make him take a breath inbetween trolling you"

anoniem Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 13:05:32

Who said Archaic was bashing anyone?

And yeah farming certain tags is ok for whatever tag locket is in, because he's an apple and the rest of us are oranges.
re(ally)tired

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 13:09:38

Originally posted by anoniem:
Who said Archaic was bashing anyone?

And yeah farming certain tags is ok for whatever tag locket is in, because he's an apple and the rest of us are oranges.

You need him to tell you a multi running spam tag and a tag of 8 completely new players to the game should be treated differently?

echlori Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 13:33:00

I somehow knew this would happen. So a few days ago, I PMed jax45 to tell him that they shouldn't be taking retals on countries that have not hit them.

This was his response: "As far as I can tell, you don't have to be attacked to attack other people. We've been hit so why can't we hit others."

Can't say no one tried explaining things to them =/

JanPaul

Apr 18th 2012, 13:38:02

maybe he's russian?

anoniem Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 13:41:09

jax45:
"When we get hit by countries that are too strong for us to retaliate against, we will do the next best thing and get our land back from weaker countries (preferably in the same clan). I realize this is not a generally accepted way of dealing with things but we feel that their is no other valid way to handle it without getting ground into dust."

The problem was never them being able to retal, the problem was with them continuing to RoR and retal other countries - when their commie had 1mil jets and could have got the land back from certain evo countries in 1 or 2 hits - they didn't even have to be PSes. The evo countries that grabbed DC were not too strong to be retalled - it was DC's decision to pick and choose.

I'm pretty sure when I first started this game I would have done similar to DC, but then you end up learning the hard way.

E.G.
Apr/17/12 18:57:18 CM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 4585 C 170 B
Apr/17/12 18:57:17 CM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 4585 C 170 B
Apr/17/12 18:57:16 CM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 4585 C 170 B
Apr/17/12 18:57:15 CM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 4585 C 170 B
Apr/17/12 18:57:14 CM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 4585 C 170 B
Apr/17/12 18:57:10 NM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 299 A
Apr/17/12 18:57:09 NM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 299 A
Apr/17/12 18:56:56 EM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 569 MU
Apr/17/12 18:56:54 EM BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) 574 MU
Apr/16/12 20:22:05 SS Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) BioHazzard from XI (#763) () 10 A 10 A
Apr/16/12 20:21:59 SS Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) BioHazzard from XI (#763) () Defence Held
Apr/16/12 20:21:54 SS Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) BioHazzard from XI (#763) () 19 A 25 A
Apr/16/12 20:20:54 PS Land of NeVoGrad (#195) (EVOwhore) BioHazzard from XI (#763) () 29 A 39 A

We won't kill BioHazzard from XI (#763) even though he didn't retal appropriately, because at least he targetted the actual country that had farmed him. Evo try not to kill countries for no reason, because it's a waste of turns, but when they start RoRing and grabbing other countries and calling them "retals" then that's a whole different story.

Anyway, LaF feel free to continue trolling, because you are definitely the nice guys of the server - who never farm or kill any tags :)
re(ally)tired

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2012, 14:15:20

Evo I think you are chicken fluffs... You farm them day after day and then you kill them for land grabs?

Lame alliance you got there ;)

Frodo Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 14:51:52

Why does every attack against a clan have to be a retaliation? If you get attacked by someone twice your size does that mean you can only attack that country from that clan? That doesn't seem right. Why can't an attack against someone else in the same clan be just that, an attack, not a retaliation?

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Apr 18th 2012, 14:55:58

because there are a *lot* of pre-existing politics that got settled by wars over a decade ago, that still hold out today.
if you want to change something, you better be prepared to fight over it, because that's about the only way policies change around here :P

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2012, 14:59:22

Originally posted by Frodo:
Why does every attack against a clan have to be a retaliation? If you get attacked by someone twice your size does that mean you can only attack that country from that clan? That doesn't seem right. Why can't an attack against someone else in the same clan be just that, an attack, not a retaliation?

If you dont send a retal message it is just an attack, not a retal.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2012, 15:02:32

Originally posted by fazer:
Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
Also the fact that you through out mod abuse accusations in public so willy nilly seriously damages your credibility as a leader of a legitimate tag.

I only call it like i see it, much like hanlong has publically without actually knowing the situation. And like i said, I have tried to contact admins about those particular countries with no responce. Having a purple country in any alliance is extremely detrimental, however there was no discussion, no warning, no chance to explain. The countries had appealed with no answer, emails were sent directly with no responce. And this didnt happen right at the start. It happened weeks in with no chance in the players situations... As an alliance leader its extremely frustrating. Especially when we are getting no responce, to try and resolve the situation.

we really don't discuss deletions publicly other than confirming the deletions, but I can say that you're an idiot if you think there's any layer of mod abuse going on.

when we catch folks cheating we delete them; we don't time it so we delete cheaters at the time of their choosing.

just drop that whole mod abuse/"we're so hard done by because we were deleted" topic. it's a thread you'd best not want to pull at publicly.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Marco Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 15:02:35

There is also time frames involved.

XXXXXXX do not accept more than 5 landgrab from the any tag within 48 hours window.<---example

Edited By: Marco on Apr 18th 2012, 15:09:04
See Original Post

hanlong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 15:49:28

stop getting so worked up about what locket is saying :P

and i already said get off this damned topic locket ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Forum Moderator

Apr 18th 2012, 16:21:05

I don't see how Jax45's response is incorrect.

He is right, people have hit them, they can also hit others.

Basically what Evo is saying here is that they are allowed to LG DC, but DC is not allowed to LG them they are only allowed to retal the hits EVo makes.

This makes no sense to me, in fact what DC is doing used to be commonplace (People used to counter grab if they were being over grabbed by a tag as a way to push for a DNH).

So the question is: Did DC try to claim their hits were retals? If not then they were probably just trying to grab Evo, and it should have been treated as such and retaled accordingly.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Apr 18th 2012, 16:24:26
See Original Post

Detmer Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 16:22:58

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Tertius:
lawls @ LaF flaming someone else in the dedicated Evo hate thread. <3

+1

Tertius carries the merit burden for all of PDM

Confirmed

Ruthie

Apr 18th 2012, 16:41:57

So kill your farmland when it hits back .... I see how you guys roll.

sad
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 17:00:34

I'm glad I quit playing alliance.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Wat3rBaRr3l Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 17:02:35

To reiterate what Anon has said. This is DC's stance in the words of Jax45:

When we get hit by countries that are too strong for us to retaliate against, we will do the next best thing and get our land back from weaker countries (preferably in the same clan). I realize this is not a generally accepted way of dealing with things but we feel that their is no other valid way to handle it without getting ground into dust.

The bottomline is that rather than retalling the appropriate countries who grabbed them, DC proceeded to 'retal' other random Evo countries. True these can be considered grabs, but when you have their Foreign Affairs say this is their way of retalling us back, it is not acceptable to us.

The reason why we contacted them is to make clear the baseline rules of the server. The rules (tacit or written) of which are meant to help stabalize this server. Jax45 was given a chance to explain himself and he made it clear DC was not going to change its policy. So when diplomacy fails, the next best thing you have left in earth is to resort to military force to remove the immediate threat. Evo was gracious to give them a chance to explain their position. However, we were not prepared to go the extra mile to help them 'learn' at the immediate expense of our other members. As many others have suggested, they can learn by joining a more established alliance first, and then branch out on their own. Ultimately, the highest purpose of the clan is to protect its members within ethical boundaries. Unfortunately in this case, this meant having to kill their top two countries to defend the immediate interests of Evo members.

This post should make clear that Evo leadership thought this through both ethically and strategically before we acted. There will always be differences in opinion as to 'the right way things should be done'. If you do not want to accept our stance, fair enough, the world isn't usually in perfect agreement.

Sure we have our 'bad eggs' who are farming them excessively, but they will have to bear/deal with the consequences themselves when they get suicided upon. The case of Biohazard IX that annon mentioned is a good example.

Hopefully with this post, you now have a better understanding of Evo's considerations. Peace out.

Wat3rBaRr3l
Evo FA

Edited By: Wat3rBaRr3l on Apr 18th 2012, 17:04:46
See Original Post

anoniem Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 17:04:37

they weren't grabs they were retals, unless you are confused about the quote from jax.

we had several leaders message in game and private forum message jax and his members about how to retal appropriately. if you think evo are so desperate for DC's land that we'd kill 2 of their countries for no reason, then you are either sadly mistaken or just playing the fool.

Edited By: anoniem on Apr 18th 2012, 17:11:41
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

Assassin Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 17:05:50

actually, the world -- other than evo -- is pretty much in perfect agreement that evo behaved like weasels.

Forum Moderator

Apr 18th 2012, 17:23:47

You are just playing with semantics at this point.

That quote just posted from Jax does not say that the hits were specifically retals in the strict sense of the concept. What he is explaining is essentially what I discussed above as what used to be commonplace.

Unless they were spending retal messages with the hits they should have been considered grabs.

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 17:45:38

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
I think when LaF say "we've put locket back in his cage" they really mean "we'll make him take a breath inbetween trolling you"

Considering I avoided insults and tried to explain their situation to him since he obviously had no idea I would have to say that I was not trolling. I stated some facts. See it as you wish.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2012, 17:51:31

opinions you don't agree with = trolling

facts you don't want to believe = lies

always keep that in mind when posting on AT!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

ld Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 17:57:27

I don't see how Jax45's response is incorrect.

He is right, people have hit them, they can also hit others.

Basically what Evo is saying here is that they are allowed to LG DC, but DC is not allowed to LG them they are only allowed to retal the hits EVo makes.

This makes no sense to me, in fact what DC is doing used to be commonplace (People used to counter grab if they were being over grabbed by a tag as a way to push for a DNH).

So the question is: Did DC try to claim their hits were retals? If not then they were probably just trying to grab Evo, and it should have been treated as such and retaled accordingly.

Spin Dr. please stop trying to find a way to bash evo and listen to reason.

They can grab whomever they wish, but when evo legitimatley retals and they RoR those retals repeatedly what would you want us to do? What have you done in the past? You kill the country who refuses to follow standard policy after expressing what that policy is for the newcomers.

Also, besides RoRing our retals, they refuse to retal our LGs properly as previously stated.

Why, evo, have you done this terrible thing instead of teaching them how to play the game?

A) In my opinion (NOT EVOs) if they want to learn directly from a clan on how to play the game, then they should join that clan and learn, period. If you want to learn a trade you go to college and pay tuition, you dont just get show up andsit in a classroom without joining the college, but that is my capitalistic thought process. We like all clans would love for a new comer to join and learn the game from us.

B) Because we have tried to explain that policy to them; they refuse to accept our policy as stated above. And because it is easier and more cost beneficial to just kill them than it is to continuosly go back and forth Retalling and RoRing etc... a clan that made a "firm" decision that they disagree with our policiy.

Edited By: ld on Apr 18th 2012, 18:02:40
See Original Post

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2012, 19:31:05

I don't understand how some people are misconstruing the situation so poorly. Just looking at #575's news, it's obvious that he repeatedly RoR on countries that did not originally hit DC. So whether you call those retals or grabs isn't really too important because either way they are not accepted retals (he hit players who did not attack DC). Thus, they are treated as grabs and those players acceptably retal them, #575 retals their retal, it sounds like FA contact is made, DC says this is their policy, Evo says that's not standard policy and kills the member who repeatedly offends.

This seems pretty cut and dry. You could argue that all alliances should give them a DNH to begin with (though it seems Evo's stance is that DC didn't specifically ask them for one) and it's hard to see the merit behind the several LaF guys who are calling Evo the big bad wolf because they got a DNH pact just a few days before the killing.

Regardless of feelings on driving away new players, this kill run is not really so controversial. Evo (and others) is fairly lenient with accepted forms of retals if one of their members is farming an alliance, however there are ZERO alliances which accept retals on countries which never hit you. After explaining the policy, if the offending country/alliance is not willing to change, the accepted route is a kill run/war.

H4 and Anon can argue semantics but it doesn't change what really happened, and the fact is that it is a policy dispute and not bullying.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 19:40:26

like i said many times, it has nothing to do with LaF :P

good luck to both DC and Evo =)

stop arguing h4, locket. it has nothing to do with you.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

anoniem Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 19:42:28

You are just playing with semantics at this point.

That quote just posted from Jax does not say that the hits were specifically retals in the strict sense of the concept. What he is explaining is essentially what I discussed above as what used to be commonplace.

Unless they were spending retal messages with the hits they should have been considered grabs.

http://50fifty50.co.uk/...ads/2011/12/Homer-doh.png

Why ask a question and then when answered accuse someone of playing with semantics? You asked a question about the semantics of what jax45 said.
lmao

oh and let's not forget about this:
My response is not a official response from laf, but is a personal response.

How about not?

a) This is a game, thus it is competitive. You are asking people not to act competitively and that isn't going to happen, especially given the alliances you are making this request to are highly competitive.

b) As has been argued on another thread, if LaF and evo weren't hitting DC then someone else would. The reason why you see the hits being dominated by those 2 tags at the moment is because they are the ones that put the most effort into camping DR etc. If Evo and laF were to cease hitting them, do you really believe that people like SoF, LCN, RD, sanct etc. wouldn't hit them? I think they would, and there is plenty of past examples that show that this is the case. So from the perspective of LaF and evo, these DC players are going to get grabbed regardless, as such it might as well be us profiting off it.

c) The premise of your request is that cutting new tags slack will be good for the game. I wholeheartedly disagree. Running a successful clan in this game requires a lot of effort. You need to develop strategies, train members, organize both internally and externally (building up your foreign relations department) and make sound decisions about your tags actions.

The game has historically been hard on new tags, and I think this is a good thing because it pushes new tags to organize to the degree they need to in order to be successful. If they don't do it, they die off. If everyone was to "take it easy" on them, they wouldn't learn what it takes to be successful and if they do manage to last, they likely won't be very good, or their progress will be extremely slow.

I know I don't want to see alliance quality watered down in such ways.

I guess you could call it "initiation by fire" but it also acts as a teaching tool, it shows these people exactly what it takes to be successful on this server. Some tags don't rise to that challenge, but plenty of others have over the years.

It isn't impossible, it is actually pretty easy if new tags approach it in a proper way.

D) They chose to come to this server and compete with us. There are other servers for them to hone their skills and organize themselves on before trying to make the jump to the alliance server. They chose to tackle the alliance server and as such they chose everything that comes with it (maybe they like the challenge? some people do you know).

You don't walk onto a soccer field against a bunch of skilled players and then get angry when they dribble circles around you, and you don't expect them to "play down" to your level. This is a ridiculous concept and goes against the nature of competitions/games.

Edited By: anoniem on Apr 18th 2012, 19:53:30
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

Frodo Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 19:43:50

I am curious if this is standard procedure or not, but EVO's FA said, a few posts back.
"So when diplomacy fails, the next best thing you have left in earth is to resort to military force to remove the immediate threat."
Does this mean that you kill the country? Also when killing a couple countries in a clan is it common to attack one country 207 within 39 seconds, and then attacking the next country 5 minuets later 211 times within 55 seconds? To me that seems a little overkill, no pun intended, i mean did you really have to kill the country? Couldn't you just attack them like say a modest 100 times and just teach them a lesson or something?

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 19:51:38

Attacking a country and "teaching it a lesson" (i.e. MAIMING) is far worse than just outright killing it, depending on what type of attacks it takes. For starters, maiming a country leaves it in such a state that it is very hard to recover from. It also gives the country's owner major incentive to suicide with it.

However, if a country is killed, the player can restart with far more resources than he would have if his country had just been maimed. Or so I've read somewhere. I haven't been killed since the new restart changes took effect.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 20:35:05

"Also when killing a couple countries in a clan is it common to attack one country 207 within 39 seconds, and then attacking the next country 5 minuets later 211 times within 55 seconds?"

yes, that's called a kill run :P it is extremely common.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Frodo Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 20:54:31

Originally posted by hanlong:
"Also when killing a couple countries in a clan is it common to attack one country 207 within 39 seconds, and then attacking the next country 5 minuets later 211 times within 55 seconds?"

Ok i guess it just seemed like a ridiculous amount of attacks over such a short amount of time.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 20:55:36

i've seen more in shorter time ;P

welcome to the game =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 21:18:21

Originally posted by Frodo:
Originally posted by hanlong:

Ok i guess it just seemed like a ridiculous amount of attacks over such a short amount of time.

When hits are being exchanged it is best to talk to the other alliance to solve something. Pay attention to some of the wars that will happen this set to learn that side of the game(There are always a few) and stick to it :) Maybe next time people wont be fluffs.

Wat3rBaRr3l Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 21:20:30

Originally posted by Tertius:
I don't understand how some people are misconstruing the situation so poorly. Just looking at #575's news, it's obvious that he repeatedly RoR on countries that did not originally hit DC. So whether you call those retals or grabs isn't really too important because either way they are not accepted retals (he hit players who did not attack DC). Thus, they are treated as grabs and those players acceptably retal them, #575 retals their retal, it sounds like FA contact is made, DC says this is their policy, Evo says that's not standard policy and kills the member who repeatedly offends.

This seems pretty cut and dry. You could argue that all alliances should give them a DNH to begin with (though it seems Evo's stance is that DC didn't specifically ask them for one) and it's hard to see the merit behind the several LaF guys who are calling Evo the big bad wolf because they got a DNH pact just a few days before the killing.

Regardless of feelings on driving away new players, this kill run is not really so controversial. Evo (and others) is fairly lenient with accepted forms of retals if one of their members is farming an alliance, however there are ZERO alliances which accept retals on countries which never hit you. After explaining the policy, if the offending country/alliance is not willing to change, the accepted route is a kill run/war.

H4 and Anon can argue semantics but it doesn't change what really happened, and the fact is that it is a policy dispute and not bullying.

Ty Tertius. For a moment, I was afraid our main point was being lost in rhetoric.

XiQter MD Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 21:40:35

I did sooooo not see that comming....
Wonderful way to treat the new guys, mb you should declare war so noone else can hit them?

BattleKJ Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 21:50:03

Monday 16th.

1[00:38] <BattleKJ> I understand LaF have pacted you.
[00:38] <jax45> ya we got a pity pact
01[00:38] <BattleKJ> To be quite honest, we would pact you too, if you werent being annoying ;)
[00:39] <jax45> I don;t even think my member would agree to that pact
[00:39] <jax45> they all want to landgrab
[00:39] <jax45> and if I pact with everyone
[00:39] <jax45> then theirs noone left to grab

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 23:12:25

why is it that i find it hard to believe that conversation ever took place kj?

Edited By: SolidSnake on Apr 18th 2012, 23:15:49
See Original Post

Forum Moderator

Apr 19th 2012, 0:02:58

What does my quote from the other post have to do with anything?
Being "hard" on a new tag by grabbing them is not the same thing as failing to recognize/enforce standard retal policy. LaF still recognizes and accepts retals in accordance with standard policy from weak/small tags, hell we even accept it from untagged countries (thus why you will never see LaF killing an untagged for following standard retal rules).

If they were RoRing then that obviously is a different issue, but I hadn't read anything to that effect before making my posts (not to say that it hadn't been posted, simply that I hadn't seen/read it).

Forum Moderator

Apr 19th 2012, 0:06:33

also: attcking 200+ times in under a minute isn't "over kill", the goal is to kill the country, so you have to hit in the # of times required to kill it. Thus it is exactly the right amount of kill :P

Generally it is preferred to kill a country as quickly as possible once you start killing it. The longer it takes the more likely it is the country will be able to log in and thwart your attempt to kill it, and possibly cause more damage before it finally dies (a situation that does happen quite often, especially with smaller tags that have a hard time drumming up enough players to do a Kill run)