Verified:

tduong Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 19:02:37

Herbs, you'll probably beat me. I think I'll finish 8-10. I don't feel like stocking food and feeding the farmer. At these prices, I can buy 35 mil bushels a day. But when I sell it, it'll probably be around 40 per bushel.

I guess I MIGHT stock only for 3 days at the end and jump 15-20mil net with that. Hopefully, I will be able to make 100m still lol.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

herbs12 Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 21:09:47

Originally posted by Rob:
And I think you will finish higher, herbs. And I say this because tech prices was fluff all the way. Bushels wise yes he would have profited, but no way he finishes ahead of you unless you really mess up. You should be the highest finishing techer this set.

I did screw up and lost a lot of money in the tech markets trying to manipulate the prices. It was working well at first then I over invested and it back fired and I lost a couple billion in the markets. I actually don't even really have a stock at this moment.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 21:40:19

So, herbs and rob don't think techers will win, bobby doesn't think cashers will win, perhaps it's the fascist or it will be the bloody commies again.

Jackelope Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 22:05:04

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
with food at current prices I'm not convinced cashers have this set in the bag. What good does low tech/military prices do for a stocking casher? And I haven't seen a single techer with any reasonable stockpile so there won't be early destockers deflating food prices soon...Perhaps that fasc does have a chance at top 5 or even better.

OMG! :). what good is low tech for a stocking casher? how about they can buy all the tech they need. For cheap. lol
plus buy all the jets they need to get the land and all the turrets they need to keep the land..lol

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 22:08:04

If a casher is stocking they already have all their tech and military Jackelope.

caffiene, I didn't realize cashers could zero out corruption. If someone did that they might be able to win... I think people are pretty optimistic about NWs for this set. I think 100M probably top 10s with ease.

tduong Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 22:25:33

a casher that stocks is still going to get past 100m . Last set, food prices was just as bad.

Farmers have it the best this set because everything is cheaper. They're the only ones not paying a premium on anything.

I wish i went with the decay bonus :(

Jackelope Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 22:44:07

i know one casher thats still buying all the turrets he can. lol
probably still buying weapons tech too :P

tduong Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 23:26:01

incha!

Jackelope Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 23:28:22

Originally posted by tduong:
incha!

lol... him too! :P

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 0:54:13

That means in my earlier top 5 predictions, I overestimated Herb's finishing capability (I didn't know about the reselling backfire part). :(

tduong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 1:35:54

reselling as theo doesn't usually end up well

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2012, 2:19:01

Originally posted by Jackelope:
I bet you're allied to tduong and talking about him!
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 2:23:30

Originally posted by Jackelope:
I bet you're allied to tduong and talking about him!

you don't know that!
i'm a 22k techer that's been stockpiling for 22 days!

tduong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:08:00

Two more big techers bites the dust today. They were in the range of 25-30k acres.
Survival of the fittest!!
The techers that are left have a chance now :)

Jackelope Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 5:47:42

or were the next ones to get farmed.. :/
farm Herbs first!! hes fatter!!! lol
and he's a burger!! ;)

edfjr Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 7:06:35

Well at this point it doesn't matter how many techers there are. The price and quantity sold is firmly based on who needs what and at what price they need it to be to make a profit.

I wanted to do one last push for a few techs, but with fewer turns left I'll need to pay under $1000 to get my moneys worth. So you'll get no money from me anymore. Unless you want to drop your prices.

jabberwocky Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 7:21:27

why are tech prices going up, this doesn't make any sense at all. Now if only food prices would go down.

Apr 18th 2012, 8:20:46

Because the bigger techers aren't in a hurry to sell as food prices are high they don't feel the need to stock more food so they've been stocking tech and putting what they want to sell at prices they want to sell at. If it sells... great, if it doesn't, no biggie.

Better to sell tech in a week's time at 1200, or even 1000, rather than 1400-1500 now in order to buy food at 50+ and sell food much later at 40.

Also, those techers that have been stocking food will soon want to start unloading their stock which will drive food prices down. It would work against them to sell tech now, buy food to stock then sell food in a week's time. The more food they stock during the next few days the more food they have to sell when they want to destock.

This is my reasoning. There's possibly other factors too but i'd say the above is pretty close to what is happening.

Rob Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 10:04:23

Its a combination of what caffeineaddict said and the fact that the supply is decreasing.

tduong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 14:43:47

i don't have the stock fevers. I buy tech at whatever price on market 300-400k a day. Today, everything i bought was above 1700. Hope that helps some of you techers out :)

tduong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 15:41:45

i promise you the only reason food prices are so high is because of techers stocking food. In fact, food prices didn't go up until I saw 3 techers started stocking and buying up an additional 50-75mil bushels a day. That is enough to cause a shift in market demand.
It is also the same time that all the top 100 countries are all at the range of escalating military #s.
The initial shock of market demand spike raised the prices and it stayed there since. It won't come down with any reasonable price change unless someone dump more than 75 mil additional bushels a day into the market.

Tech prices on the rise because cashers are prepping for stocking along with a handful of big techers dropping out.

Edited By: tduong on Apr 18th 2012, 19:57:02
See Original Post

tduong Game profile

Apr 18th 2012, 19:53:20

my top 5

So Many Choices 142
Wasteville 10
Archer comma Secret Agent 22
crown of the valley 31
Happy New Year 2012 219

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 0:39:01

he was talking about me, and i make no bones about my enjoyment of defense. i'll sell off my jets and cash from here out, finish where i can, without being topfed i hope :(

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 2:00:13

braden you're not fat lol
suzuki maurauder is fat and has crap defense lol. Along with a few commies. All of which I will probably LG in the next few days

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 2:06:24

better to grab braden since he has the same buildings you want=)

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 2:43:52

I'm not really worried about rebuilding some buildings after a 2k LG. I'm worried about rebuilding 10k+ acres after I ror someone 5x on their retal. That's in the billions.
I can buy buy 3.5 mil tanks in just one day and play a round of "who loses buildings faster". Hell with oil this cheap, I'm going to go with BR to see who makes more money.
Buying sdi is not even a problem when I'm already at around 50% right now.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2012, 2:44:37

You're only at 50%? Incha scoffs at you
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 3:25:12

You're only at 50%? Incha scoffs at you

haha. i don't think so. He can eat random missiles everyday. I'd rather know who has the ability so i can properly defend myself.

herbs12 Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 4:31:28

And I'll tech what you need

Apr 19th 2012, 11:50:43

Originally posted by tduong:
i promise you the only reason food prices are so high is because of techers stocking food. In fact, food prices didn't go up until I saw 3 techers started stocking and buying up an additional 50-75mil bushels a day. That is enough to cause a shift in market demand.

Ok, that's what you think, and i mostly agree with you... but i think there's more to it than the techers...i'll point you to the graph,
http://www.eestats.com/primary/market/bushels

There's 2 surges around day 30 and day 32. Wonder which casher may have come into some very easy cash, as well as land and tech (which i think was sold off on day 34), around that period. He may not have caused the 1st surge, but the second surge...

Edited By: caffeineaddict on Apr 19th 2012, 15:02:05. Reason: fixed link
See Original Post

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 12:59:01

if you're talking about when people were forced to buy $99 bushels and $500 oil. That was me. lol
and your link is not cool

oldman Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 13:06:07

top5 will be tough to predict...I think there'll be more than 10 over 100m this set since tech was crap. We'll see how it goes. People predicted >10 people ending with more than 100m last set too but there were only 9 in the end.

Apr 19th 2012, 13:15:39

Tdoung, i'm talking about stalingrad. He's got an incredibly good stockpile for a casher who, before a certain point, was not doing that great. He could possibly make $100m if he plays it well. He's enough to get about $75m nw right now.

Don't know what happenes with the link. Works when i type it out in my browser.

oldman Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 13:21:24

it helps when you grab the same country 54 times for land haha.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 14:06:51

Your link is fail because the link says "eeststs" instead of "eestats".

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 14:30:21

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
Tdoung, i'm talking about stalingrad. He's got an incredibly good stockpile for a casher who, before a certain point, was not doing that great. He could possibly make $100m if he plays it well. He's enough to get about $75m nw right now.

Don't know what happenes with the link. Works when i type it out in my browser.

I got enough to make it to 74m nw in 2 days. What's your point?
If i stock now, I can jump well past 100m net. While this guy will have a hard time destocking if he waits longer. In a few days, you'll see the demo techers start to dump food and start reselling.

Apr 19th 2012, 14:54:41

You're twice the size in land and more in nw. You have to put on 30m nw, he would be putting on nearly 50m nw. Significant difference between the countries.

How quickly could you get to more that 4 times your nw?

I'm just whining about what i see as bumfluff.

Edited By: caffeineaddict on Apr 19th 2012, 15:03:07. Reason: removed the cussing
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2012, 14:55:32

You're twice the size in land and more in nw. You have to put on 30m nw, he would be putting on nearly 50m nw. Significant difference between the countries.

I'm just whining about what i see as bullfluff.
You're right too, it is bullfluff, and I can't believe Walls wasn't deleted.

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 15:07:34

I'm just whining about what i see as bumfluff.

hasn't he been stocking for a while?
i'm not discarding anything you say. I have no idea what's going on with him and really don't care that much. I know i'm going to beat him in the end whether he's doing shady stuff or not. That's all that matters to me.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 17:06:13

What's your highest estimate for land tduong? You gonna go for 100k?
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2012, 17:09:55

I think tduong will probably win...

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 20:05:14

What NW to win?

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 20:26:25

i wish i can win but there's at least a couple of peeps with 200mil bushels already.

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 20:41:14

and that fascist's income is higher than mine. I don't really have a stockpile right now, unless you count tech as a stockpile cause i have almost 6 mil points :)

The fascist can stock better than me. since he's making the bushels lol.

I don't want to stockpile more than 3 days.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2012, 20:43:39

Big deal about their stocks, you have 72.5k land and 50m net.

You were having a good round all along.

plus discovering Cobra Empire for 12k acres
plus expense bonus, means you can keep growing, and it's probably as efficient as anyone stocking for $55 and selling for <$40 at the end

plus demo has a better destock than fascist or republic
demo casher fatter than commie -> demo wins

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 21:03:58

Big deal about their stocks, you have 72.5k land and 50m net.

You were having a good round all along.

plus discovering Cobra Empire for 12k acres
plus expense bonus, means you can keep growing, and it's probably as efficient as anyone stocking for $55 and selling for <$40 at the end

plus demo has a better destock than fascist or republic
demo casher fatter than commie -> demo wins

no it's not and nowhere close. When I have to build, i'm in the negative. and I lose out on the extra 7.7mil cash i get from hitting the cash button.
(72,500x 3 + 1500) x 120 bpt = 26.28mil + 6.7m(food)= 33mil
My people eat 118k bushels/turn x 57 per bushel

I only make 29mil without cashing. That means i'm in the hole by a lot when building. I built/rebuilt 2200 acres today costing me 481 mil. The cost is just going to run away from now and i don't feel like stopping so it will severely hamper my end nw.
I can make it to 100k but that means i may not make 100m net.

yes, i've been having a great time all along. But my anti stock will cost me the win :)
Hell, my dictator last set may have had a legitimate chance at 100m if i stocked too lol. Going from 70k-85k cost me billions just in buildings(~3.5b). Then you got the expensive oil, tech(2.4k price til last day), and food.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2012, 21:14:27

What I meant is, their stock is irrelevant because you are still far ahead. If you go all set without stocking then yeah I guess you might not win. But I have a feeling you'll stock the last 7 days at least and be in good position to take it all.

tduong Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 21:22:47

When food takes a dump below $40 then i'll stock. Until then, i don't feel like giving a 30% discount when i destock. I feel bad for the peeps giving that discount and also paying tax both ways :(

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 21:38:22

every other reset in primary i run a rep casher with plenty of defense (or so i think) and then a commie the size of bobbys butt (i called you fat for suggesting tduong indeed grab me :P), and i blow my stock to retal and finish the reset with fourteen million jets killing my expenses.

so this time, i thought i'd spend the money on turrets, hold my land, and deter those big commies/dicts from taking my land.

there are plenty of countries with more a) land, b) stock, and less defense.

unless you want to bother me, there is no reason to landgrab me. Look at bonesaw, who didn't buy those four million extra turrets (and pissed people off taking free land.. half of which he lost in one fell swoop)

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2012, 22:03:06

I think you may be in the danger zone now though braden. The top countries are attacking players just behind you now

28 John Birch 130 28,681 acres $22,485,324 RG 784 0
31 HeglumeH QaQ jajvam 54 26,448 acres $21,541,116 D 814 0 <- just got hit
33 X s too sex and five 265 29,732 acres $20,089,350 C 676 1 <- just got hit

You may be more defense heavy than those guys though