Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2012, 19:39:40

Do more people like the GDI rules

or dislike

I don't really like how it lets you coast by with 0 tanks or w/e, but I do like that it keeps random countries or players you attacked one time from deciding to ruin your entire round. In Express in particular it would get bad because it's impossible to prevent a decent player from wrecking you if they have 360 turns and that's what they want to do.

I wonder how it would be if GDI worked same as now if no one attacked you. If you were attacked once, you could do somewhere from 3-5 ABs or missiles or whatever. And if being attacked more than once you can unleash whatever you want.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 19:53:17

I don't really have a problem with GDI...

While you make a point about having no troops or tanks, they still must maintain a form of military to defend with (turrets). So it's not like they are coasting by with 0 military or 0 expenses. Sure it's not realistic, but then again much of this game is unrealistic.

GDI does what it was created to do, it allows some members to net without dealing with suicides. It doesn't offer any sort of magic protection, if you don't like that someone in GDI hit you, then attack them back. IMO, if you can't hit them back with a PS then it's pretty apparent that they just ran a better country than you.

I think the real problem is DR, something needs to be changed.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2012, 20:14:33

Well, DR obviously is broken in Express, but that's another discussion.

What do you think of the smaller, less-skilled players having no way to fight back, because 20 countries attack them 1ce each?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Jackelope Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 20:22:44

its all about learning blid.. some people just give up and some try harder next set...

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 20:24:26

Well... While it's true that if you're a late start or new player you have a huge disadvantage; I feel they have tried to curb the latter by creating the, "Express Help" section.

Unfortunately, not many members utilize it and when they do they are often left with no advice.

Fatty Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 21:11:07

Remove GDI and DR.

Return the game to it's native state.

Watch people come back.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2012, 21:15:56

When was there no GDI or DR? I remember both back in the early Earth days. And why are you so confident players would come back? I quit after having groups of people I never attacked teaming up to AB me.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 21:21:56

Fatty is naive, and doesn't seem to realize that most of the people left BEFORE all the changes were made. They left because idiots get their rocks off to suiciding and ruining hard work.

The changes were made to help maintain player base and hopefully gain some back. While it's true it hasn't helped bring any back it hasn't hurt that's for sure.

Removing GDI might bring back a few more people hell bent on causing chaos... which would cause even more to leave.

Also DR has been a part of the game for a decade, and some form of GDI for almost just as long.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2012, 21:32:04

Here I am in GDI, in the year 1998:
http://web.archive.org/...earth/primary/nov98/y.htm

tduong Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 21:41:55

the biggest problem was multis, not suiciders. If you get rid of multis, you got rid of almost all suiciders.
TBH, if you run a t10 country with only 5% tanks, then you deserve to get AB'd by someone you grabbed. Don't forget how many parts of the game went almost nonexistent because of GDI.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 22:38:46

Originally posted by tduong:
the biggest problem was multis, not suiciders. If you get rid of multis, you got rid of almost all suiciders.
TBH, if you run a t10 country with only 5% tanks, then you deserve to get AB'd by someone you grabbed. Don't forget how many parts of the game went almost nonexistent because of GDI.

That's supposed to be a joke right? You must not play in any of the netting clans in alliance server. I know my clan has personally already dealt with 2 suiciders... they could care less if you are all-x or rape people.

Some people just like to suicide, it's part of the game I guess. Which is fine... but GDI protects the people that don't want anything to do with it.

I agree that having no tanks after bottom feeding half of the scores list is stupid, but I can't even tell you how many times i've seen great all-x countries get AB'd to hell for no reason whatsoever. EVEN with a good amount of tanks. In a server like express, you have enough time to time and plan an attack and break almost anyone.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 0:36:41

Originally posted by Kingme:
Well... While it's true that if you're a late start or new player you have a huge disadvantage; I feel they have tried to curb the latter by creating the, "Express Help" section.

Unfortunately, not many members utilize it and when they do they are often left with no advice.

i am more active in the help section than any other member. go look at all the tourney/primary/express help threads. i always encourage newbies to update their threads so i can give them pointers.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 1:12:33

Kingme, the reason as to why there are suiciders in 1a is due to their way of playing, you guys loooooooove to farm untags and small tags!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 1:14:38

Originally posted by JJ23:
Originally posted by Kingme:

i am more active in the help section than any other member. go look at all the tourney/primary/express help threads. i always encourage newbies to update their threads so i can give them pointers.

Comfirmed :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

echlori Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 1:35:03

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Kingme, the reason as to why there are suiciders in 1a is due to their way of playing, you guys loooooooove to farm untags and small tags!

And how many times have you been told to join a proper tag instead of a spam tag or going untagged?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 1:53:20

And what is that have to do with suiciders?
(•_•)

Fatty Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 2:23:53

kingme try being a listener once.

i think you learn something now and then.

~Fatty~

Boltar Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 2:26:22

i dislike gdi rules.. if someone has an ass whipping coming.. the last 24 hrs or whatever shouldnt allow him to hide from it

blid

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 2:59:29

Anyone they touched can still hit them Boltar.

Or anyone not in GDI, even if it's for no reason :/

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 3:01:21

^ yup, comfirmed.
(•_•)

elvesrus

Apr 12th 2012, 3:02:35

When was there no GDI or DR? I remember both back in the early Earth days. And why are you so confident players would come back? I quit after having groups of people I never attacked teaming up to AB me.

limited server had almost no DR, no humanitarians, and no GDI going by what's available for top players through the years. since we're bringing up 1998 ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 4:17:30

\

alliance is complete and utter BS. i ran a top 10 country for almost 2 weeks. a ttr. because i decided to create a one man tag because i disliked alliance politcs as a whole, and i would get farmed. guys from LaF, Monsters, Neofed would just pass my spy op around id get 3-5 hits a day from them. i retalled almost all of them, which was remarkable for being ONE country, and stayed top 10 for 2 weeks before neofed farmed me, i suicided that joke herbs and got killed.

my point is. alliance is like politics. people with money, or in this case clans with large number of members, throw their weight around. winner is whoever gets most FA or market aid.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 4:22:02

http://www.eestats.com/alliance/oldcountry/308/305

if u look at the first half of the news, i had a pretty amazing retal rate..

and after i got killed i decided to remake. and big clans like SOL and such would dec war and hit me 10 times.

so i decided obv i cant retal a 20M nw country when im 3M nw, so id go farm their smaller members. i mean if ur gonna dec war and hit me 10x a day, why cant i find your small weak members, who float around with 4M nw and 20k land and 500k turrets... with over 1B on hand.

and get my land back from them?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 12th 2012, 5:08:13

\

alliance is complete and utter BS. i ran a top 10 country for almost 2 weeks. a ttr. because i decided to create a one man tag because i disliked alliance politcs as a whole, and i would get farmed. guys from LaF, Monsters, Neofed would just pass my spy op around id get 3-5 hits a day from them. i retalled almost all of them, which was remarkable for being ONE country, and stayed top 10 for 2 weeks before neofed farmed me, i suicided that joke herbs and got killed.

my point is. alliance is like politics. people with money, or in this case clans with large number of members, throw their weight around. winner is whoever gets most FA or market aid.

ummm monsters never hit you , so maybe you should keep ur own news before making such claim,

only untags and 1 man tags that are all jetters that hit monsters get farmed as its the only way to reclaim the land lost due to DR, because outside of hitting the tags hitting monsters, monsters dont really grab.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 5:12:20

warster, can I join Monsters? Im a great netter!

Where do I sign up?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 12th 2012, 5:13:10

as i'm the person who does apps, you would be rejected
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 5:19:40

why? You guys don't like good netters?

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 5:21:32

I have a pretty good resume.. maybe a dozen top 10 finishes... Is that not good enough for Monsters?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 12th 2012, 5:26:38

being a good netter isnt even a requirement. plus Monsters is invite only
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 5:30:24

You are no longer invited to the 30 mil club party in Nigeria. Your invitation has been destroyed!

You're a mean mean man Warster.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 12th 2012, 5:45:10

good
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 5:58:52

LMFAO!!

Barney is NOT welcome in Monsters, I probably have a better shot at getting invited than you, Seth, and I can't Net if my life depended on it!!!!!!
(•_•)

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 6:03:52

Oh man! I wish Monsters and Warster would change their minds!! This is devastating :(

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 7:12:18

Originally posted by Warster:
\

ummm monsters never hit you , so maybe you should keep ur own news before making such claim,

only untags and 1 man tags that are all jetters that hit monsters get farmed as its the only way to reclaim the land lost due to DR, because outside of hitting the tags hitting monsters, monsters dont really grab.

okay my mistake. i meant evo. but the point is when you take so many hits per day, its kinda hard to keep track.

thank god for eestats. my news gets fluttered with crap.

still. if u have the balls go hit another clan of equal size, dont try and farm down untagged and single clan countries in hopes they cant muster the guster to retal. and this 48 hour window. thats fluffity. if i get hit 10x its gonna be near impossible for me to retal in 48 hours. thats what, 100 turns roughly? if i wasnt a ttr, i would have been done for sure.

and even then the hits were taking their toll. started at 75 bpt. was goind down 3-4 bpt everyday from the hits.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2012, 7:30:16

^ LaF and EVO are unbelieveable, makes me wonder if their hidden agenda is to drive away all new players from that server, I wish they came to FFA, I would go solo just to fk them up!
(•_•)

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 8:12:59

laf actually later when they realized that i was getting more back put me on unap for the set.

unfortunately thats when evo and neofeds came in to pick at me.

those fluffs.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 13:27:23

Originally posted by Fatty:
kingme try being a listener once.

i think you learn something now and then.

I don't even know what you're blabbering about, but the fact that I posted here to have a proper discussion on GDI means I can listen.

This thread wasn't supposed to be turned into a discussion on alliance, I think I made a mistake in even using that analogy.

Fatty Game profile

Apr 13th 2012, 2:08:01

Kill the head and the body will fail.

/me quotes Saints DC!

~Fatty~

snawdog Game profile

Apr 14th 2012, 23:32:26

+1 bonus
ICQ 364553524
msn