Verified:

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 18:59:04

does anybody happen to know why Windows 7 is a piece of ... nonono, um, why Windows 7 isn't letting my xbox connect via the LAN port when i have the Wireless shared via ICS?

it states that the LAN is an unidentified network and puts it into the Public profile of the firewall. which is what i think is causing the problem, but i can't figure out how to identify the network and move it to my home network.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

bstrong86 Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:39:26

u trying to media share?
The Death Knights

XI

Mar 25th 2012, 19:45:10

pretty much. when i stream my Zune movies from the PC to the xbox, it occassionally stops playing them and sezs the content might not be licensed. it's a bit random and i think it has to do with the wireless cutting out briefly. if i can get the xbox to connect using the LAN, that problem should go away. getting to the point where i might just buy a larger harddrive and more memory for this computer, and say Damn Windows 7!

or i'll gut that dang computer, yank out it's harddrive and put it into this computer.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Mar 25th 2012, 19:47:23
See Original Post

bstrong86 Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:49:19

nah, i had the same problem with my new laptop and trying to media share on my ps3..

i googled it and figured it all out.

it was like 4 different things i had to do before it worked
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:49:53

i also had to share each file individually in my 'my computer' thing
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:50:51

window's 7 sucks because it a cross between vista and xp(could b wrong) i do believe
The Death Knights

XI

Mar 25th 2012, 19:55:56

dunno. if this computer had enough harddrive space for my library, i'd already be using it. would take like 5 clicks to do it under Windows XP. well, not really sure about the Zune part of it, but at least i'd be able to connect.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 21:31:04

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mar 25th 2012, 22:01:36

no, bridging it doesn't do what i want. it streams it over the wireless. it's basically the same as using the wireless adapter. i got it to connect to xbox live when i turned off the Public firewall, but then it wouldn't connect to Zune sharing. trying to figure out why the LAN shows up as Unidentified and why i can't move it from the Public profile.

Mar 25th 2012, 23:40:14

not sure how valid it is, but i read that it's not really designed to work with a crossover cable. personally, i doubt that it's designed to work at all.

Mar 26th 2012, 12:08:06

well, it actually seems to be working. not entirely sure what i did. but i had to open ports on the Public firewall profile because i can't find a way to move the crossover "network" into my Home firewall profile.