Verified:

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 5:05:59

Is Eli > Manning?

Is Brady's legacy tarnished by his inability to beat Eli?

Is Nadal to Federer what Eli is to Brady?

What would be better? Sympathy sex or victory sex with Gisele Bundchen?

Discuss.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

locket Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 5:06:58

Why would sympathy sex with her ever be good compared to victory sex?

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 5:12:56

I don't know... she might be willing to do anal?
Minister
The Omega

Nekked Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 5:31:40

the game isn't real football!

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 6:13:02

Of course it is.
Minister
The Omega

TY Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 8:26:46

I think Eli will prove to be he better Manning. Everyone loses no matter how good they are at what they do. So I would say no. I was routing for the Giants because I haven't like the Patriots since they got caught cheating by taping the opposing teams when they came to foxboro. You can't deny his abilities though. He had a couple receivers choke on that last drive. Make those 2 catches and it could of very easily went the other way.
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

Pain Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 8:39:01

it was a very close game. the giants just played better again. most people except the ignorant pats fanboys knew it would be a very tight game.
Your mother is a nice woman

hanlong Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 10:01:35

i'd take sympathy or victory sex if it was from gisele :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

OrderofBleh Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 21:37:19

giants

DarkReturns Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 22:10:16

I think it was a little boring other than a few plays... I was expecting a 30+ points on both sides.

Klown Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 1:20:23

Sympathy sex it is

Pain Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 1:33:15

Originally posted by DarkReturns:
I think it was a little boring other than a few plays... I was expecting a 30+ points on both sides.

why would you expect that based on these teams history?

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 2:50:59

Originally posted by TY:
I think Eli will prove to be he better Manning. Everyone loses no matter how good they are at what they do. So I would say no. I was routing for the Giants because I haven't like the Patriots since they got caught cheating by taping the opposing teams when they came to foxboro. You can't deny his abilities though. He had a couple receivers choke on that last drive. Make those 2 catches and it could of very easily went the other way.

Disagree twice .. Eli has nothing close to peyton's consistency. And you make those two 10 yard catches inbounds with 40 seconds and 1 timeout left it's still gonna leave a hail mary
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

gwagers Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 3:16:01

As Bigwiggle says, I don't think Eli is very consistent, but his great plays seem to make up for his not-so-great ones. Whether or not he's better than Peyton, I'm going to wait and see what happens when Peyton gets back on the field before I make any decision. Who knows if he'll be at the top of his game after taking a season or so off due to injury? Eli might very well be the better Manning NOW, depending on Peyton's recovery and his ability to get back into playing mode.

Personally I was rooting for the Pats, but I can't deny that the Giants rolled over their defense in the first half. The Patriots were too dependent on their offense, and the Giants were good on both sides of the ball... at least that I could see.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

TY Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 3:30:55

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
Originally posted by TY:

Disagree twice .. Eli has nothing close to peyton's consistency. And you make those two 10 yard catches inbounds with 40 seconds and 1 timeout left it's still gonna leave a hail mary

How long did it take Peyton to get one ring? Eli already has 2. I take consistently winning the super Bowl when your in it over just having winning seasons every year. I live in Indiana so its not like I have anything against Peyton. Also Peyton may never be the same. With his injuries he may not make it more the 1 or 2 more seasons. Eli, barring injury, has many more season left in him.

Also Peyton doesn't seem to be able to beat the Pats arguably the most consistent winning team in the NFL over the last decade. Eli can't seem to lose to them. The Pats won, what was it 9 or 10 straight. Their last lose this season before the Super Bowl was to can we say it together Eli and the Giants.
Josh Billings

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 4:42:16

I'm too lazy to pull stats on peyton vs the patriots but I know the colts won the last time they played .. yes eli has 2 super bowls and peyton has one. Eli has a defense that holds the patriots to 17 points. Peyton had seven 12 win seasons in a row and 4 nfl mvps. People have such short term memories
Wiggity

msn -

RandyMD Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 12:20:52

asdf
Email:

TY Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 12:48:57

If you can't get to the Big Game and win it really doesn't matter what award you won that from a subjective decision.

How long did it take Peyton to even get in a Super Bowl let alone win one? I will tell you, 9 seasons to get to the Super Bowl. Eli did it in 2 seasons and within 7 has 2 Super Bowl wins.

Its just like Marino. No matter how good he was he never won a Super Bowl and that will always put a question mark over his career. In the NFL its about getting to the Super Bowl and winning it as often as you can!! Just ask Jim Kelly.

Josh Billings

Riddler Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 13:25:12

Ouch TY that hurts...Im a buffalo fan...
and when ELI was being drafted SI said he could be the best Manning in the NFL

TY Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 13:40:37

I understand Riddler. I have been an Eagles fan for 30 years. My heart gets broke every year.
Josh Billings

TY Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 20:27:27

Do you watch the NFL? The QB gets most the credit for a win or takes most the heat for a lose. I am not saying its right but that's the way it is in the NFL. The biggest reason for it is because he is the leader of the scoring side of the ball. If a team can't get it together they do 1 of 2 things replace the head coach or replace the QB.

I have never heard on ESPN: They got themselves a nose guard this season they could be Super Bowl bound now.

Also if the QB isn't that important how do you explain the total self destruction of the Colts this season?
Josh Billings

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 7th 2012, 20:57:43

the quarterback is important but if no one blocks well for him it doesn't matter how good he is... also if you have no good wide receivers :P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

TY Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 21:29:28

I was thinking for myself. The original question was Eli > Manning? Not who has the better supporting cast. also Peyton's record against the Pats is 2-6. If you can't beat one of the supreme teams in your league you must be lacking something. Again its about the wins not the yards gained or completions made.

With Eli's 2 to 1 advantage in Super Bowl wins and Peyton's career just about over, I think Eli will be considered the better QB after it is all said and done. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. Just because I say it doesn't make it right. We have to many years to go before it is decided, an even then many won't agree.

Both will be in Cooperstown.
Josh Billings

kemo Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 21:41:58

jizzelle seems too fluffy
all praised to ra

locket Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 1:25:41

Originally posted by TY:
Do you watch the NFL? The QB gets most the credit for a win or takes most the heat for a lose. I am not saying its right but that's the way it is in the NFL. The biggest reason for it is because he is the leader of the scoring side of the ball. If a team can't get it together they do 1 of 2 things replace the head coach or replace the QB.

I have never heard on ESPN: They got themselves a nose guard this season they could be Super Bowl bound now.

Also if the QB isn't that important how do you explain the total self destruction of the Colts this season?

You are pretty blind if you think they are even comparable dude. Eli has won two because he has had better teams with better receivers, better D, and better pass rush etc etc. Eli is a good quarterback but Peyton is part of a very select group. No comparison at all.

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 1:39:29

You guys are right Eli sucks and he has amazing comeback because Tebow has been praying for him. What was I thinking.
Josh Billings

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 1:51:23

Josh Billings

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 2:07:31

I'm not saying Eli's not clutch .. I love him for beating the pats twice now. It's just not comparable to Peyton's level of play.

Peyton has beat Brady 4 out of the last 6 head to head meetings btw , including their last playoff match
Wiggity

msn -

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 2:23:41

I am not sure were you get that from cause this link says something different

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ivalry#Rivalry_statistics
Josh Billings

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 2:24:39

That might just be regular season
Josh Billings

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 2:33:16

That link includes playoffs and shows peyton winning 4 of the last 6 .. this years matchup doesnt count, it didnt have quite the same competitiveness
Wiggity

msn -

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 2:55:20

going back to 98 when Peyton was drafted though Pats have it 12-7 not including this year
Josh Billings

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 3:50:43

Winning or losing means nothing I guess. I thought winning was the point. I must of misunderstood the point in playing the game.

and yea I missed pluralizing comeback
Josh Billings

locket Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 4:13:08

You didn't read my post if you thought I said he sucks. I said they aren't comparable but Eli is still a good QB.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2012, 4:17:03

You could make the argument that eli is better. As a fan it's about what you value. Do you value the season or the post season. Eli is on fire in the playoffs and has two superbowls. It just depends on how you look at it.

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 4:25:18

For me and ill bet for the players its all about the Super Bowl. Like I said the eagles break my heart every year.
Josh Billings

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 5:21:12

Originally posted by TY:

Bigwiggle - the first drop by Branch would've been a 22 yard completion and at least another 20 after the catch. He was at the 42 when he dropped it and there wasn't a defender in the picture. Safety was over the top. He had a lot of room to run. If they connect on that play it's 1st and 10 with 45 seconds to go from the New York 30-40 yard line, if not closer. I'll give you the Hernandez drop, but the Branch drop would've changed the game.
Minister
The Omega

locket Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 9:04:44

Ok here we go then.

Terry Bradshaw's stats Career NFL statistics as of 1983
TD-INT 212-210
Yards 27,989
QB Rating 70.9

Now for Roger Staubach simply to compare to another quarterback of the same era. I could pick any number of quarterbacks who started in the 80's who dwarfed Bradshaw but w/e.
TDs-INT 153-109
Yards 22,700
QB Rating 83.4

Bradshaw has 4 superbowl rings which is tied for the most of any QB in history. Staubach got 2 and most of the other QB greats have 1-2 at most. Now... are you going to tell me that someone who had just as many interceptions as touchdowns and a passer rating of 70 compared to the 80 of one of his rivals is THE best quarterback of all time?

Or... perhaps are you going to admit that maybe... just maybe... a quarterback can play for a great team and win superbowls even if there are better quarterbacks playing at the same time as them. Peyton is that exact situation. So is Breese and Rodgers for that matter at this exact stage in the game. Winning championships is never about one player. It's a team game. And the Colts showed just how great their team was this year without Peyton. Their team is horrible. The Giants would fare much better without Eli. I remind you that nowhere am I saying Eli sucks.

Pain Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 10:20:45

Eli definatley isnt the best QB. the giants are not as good as they are soley because of him. unlike the colts, the giants could still win games without Eli. hes definatley got potential to be great and he can throw some clutch passes as seen on sunday.

TY Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 13:06:35

Originally posted by Autosubmit:

Eli is not better than his brother, but he can be. His career (if things go well) is only about half over or a little less, while his brothers is in the twilight.

That is all I said to begin with I am glad we can agree.

Originally posted by TY:

Do you see the word will there? That means future tense not present tense.
Josh Billings

gwagers Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 15:55:19

I find it interesting that one of the most common yardsticks for quarterback worth on this thread is "How many times did he beat the Patriots?"
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 20:33:20

Peyton needs to sign with the Redskins so he can show eli twice a year what's up. He doesn't beat him up enough anymore
Wiggity

msn -

locket Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 21:28:05

Peyton needs to sign with the Redskins so he can show eli twice a year what's up. He doesn't beat him up enough anymore

Go from the mess in Indy to the mess in Washington? :P