Verified:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 16th 2012, 18:00:46

from George Takei's page:

And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall cre­ate a land called Canada of out­stand­ing nat­ural beauty, with majes­tic moun­tains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhab­i­tants pros­per and call them Cana­di­ans, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all peo­ple.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too gen­er­ous to these Cana­di­ans?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neigh­bors I shall inflict upon them.”
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

trumper Game profile

Jan 16th 2012, 18:03:27

And that neighbor turned out be mother nature.

oats Game profile

Jan 16th 2012, 18:08:36

I think trumper wouldn't be so confused if God had said,

"Just wait and see what their neighbours will inflict upon them."

Hardy Game profile

Jan 16th 2012, 18:19:17

XD

Spitzbart Game profile

Jan 16th 2012, 21:22:28

lol
Fear me not, but fear my hell.

Forgotten

Jan 16th 2012, 22:41:19

lol
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Fruity Game profile

Jan 16th 2012, 23:13:04

maple syrup

oats Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 4:26:09

moose are sex gods that wander the woods humping cows steady, without eating, until they become weak and nauseated.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 7:14:31

Ivan apply that on his hair
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 13:42:00

The only "truth about Canada" is that if you guys keep finding oil up there the US is going to come and liberate your country! :)
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

braden Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 15:12:58

they have that whole blue water navy thing, so that will help. and a hundred and fifty thousand military/civillian personsel to our 40k tops and our far weaker navy.

but, in our defense, there are over three million canadians with german ethnicity.

I think it's about even..

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 16:02:47

You know until now i was against the light rail program of Obama. Now i think we should run it from the boarder with mexico all the way to Canada. Let the illegals have free rides to Canada. They will both be happy and deserve each other.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

braden Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 16:05:08

i have no problem with migrant farm workers, none what so ever.

if the prairies need the help, there are actually jobs for them over there, then yes by any means. but i have no idea what saskatchewan is like when it comes to farm hands..

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 17th 2012, 17:03:29

We have issues with migrant workers in canada it just doesn't make the news. It's mostly in restaurants/certain grocery stores/ and the construction industry. Well also the sex trade but that's a whole different category of bad.

We don't have good statistics on it so it's hard to tell just how much of an issue it is overall. The prevailing theory is most of them sneak into canada so they can try to sneak into the US. However they mostly don't get that far.

We have been getting growing numbers of latin american immigrants to canada but they tend to either be educated business people or students. Some of them start restaurants.

Regarding invading Canada: it would be easy to win initially but extremely hard to occupy. There's an saying that the US military is good, partly because of their equipment. The Canadian military is good inspite of their equipment. Having heard accounts of several individuals who served on missions in Bosnia and Afghanistan (I'm no military expert), the statement seems to hold true. In any case the US pretty much gets everything important they want from Canada (more or less) and invading would be too expensive for too little gain.

Did you know the incident that started the cold war happened in Canada....
:P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

General Earl Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 17:31:10

One thing very few people talk about is how integrated the Canadian and US military actually are. Our forces do more joint training than probably any other countries combined.

I met plenty of Canadians (back in 2003/4) who were completing their basic training, then getting sent down to some US base to do training down there. We also have a base in Alberta that had a mock-up of your average Afghanistan town/village, and the US sent soldiers up there to train as well.

Even officers who graduate from RMC (Royal Military College) get sent down to the US, and we train their officers! Nobody ever talks about it mainly because I think the US would be ashamed of (publically announcing) that Canadians teach their military. (Though I'm sure it probably goes both ways)
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

braden Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 18:32:20

the russian spy ring in ottawa and that igor fellow defecting?

i'd call it more potsdam, but either or :P

Patience Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 20:29:47

DH: We've been trying to give you our oil for ages (hello, Keystone XL, anyone???), but your stupid activists keep spreading asinine lies and preventing it from happening. :p
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Angel1 Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 23:00:25

Canada: Take our oil.

US Businesses/Unions: Yes, yes, yes!

US environmentalist: No, that oil is too dirty, let China have the bad name from using dirty oil.

China: Bring on the black gold! How much can you send?

Chinese environmentalist: My only regret is that I have but one life to give for the environment.

US: We need more oil!

-Angel1

Nekked Game profile

Jan 18th 2012, 0:55:35

Canada beer is bad and hockey is worst!

Firefly

Jan 18th 2012, 1:58:55

hahaha Canada = Flanders America = Homer

oats Game profile

Jan 18th 2012, 3:22:05

The nutcase US neo-con government has already stretched its tentacles into Canada anyways. The current elected Cdn gov is never forthright about long term goals, and is often evasive, but it's abundantly clear they are patterning Canada after all the failing (from a democratic human rights standpoint, maybe not so much from a money generating GDP worship perspective) US ideologies.

There's no need for invasion when the clear course of Canada is to adopt US economic ideals and ideology. Canada is on course to become the US in everything but name.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 18th 2012, 3:41:06

jaja you shouldn't talk about Greenland that way :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

mrford Game profile

Jan 18th 2012, 3:50:19

Originally posted by General Earl:
One thing very few people talk about is how integrated the Canadian and US military actually are. Our forces do more joint training than probably any other countries combined.

I met plenty of Canadians (back in 2003/4) who were completing their basic training, then getting sent down to some US base to do training down there. We also have a base in Alberta that had a mock-up of your average Afghanistan town/village, and the US sent soldiers up there to train as well.

Even officers who graduate from RMC (Royal Military College) get sent down to the US, and we train their officers! Nobody ever talks about it mainly because I think the US would be ashamed of (publically announcing) that Canadians teach their military. (Though I'm sure it probably goes both ways)

the main thing that the US military has that the Canadian does not is mass logistical support. the canadian military is fine and all, but is ill equipped to fight a all around war solo. as for the training, well it goes both ways, but the id imagine canada benefits more than the US.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

bRainwashED Game profile

Jan 18th 2012, 8:30:18

bns

Oceana Game profile

Jan 19th 2012, 9:06:25

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
You know until now i was against the light rail program of Obama. Now i think we should run it from the boarder with mexico all the way to Canada. Let the illegals have free rides to Canada. They will both be happy and deserve each other.

Think I'm going to invest in Fencing, Is there a Fence Index Fund?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 19th 2012, 18:22:41

To be clear here:
Alberta has always been a very conservative province at least back to the 1920s. Resources are *provincial* in Canada. The only issue is exporting across the 49th which would be federal.
The existing Canadian federal government draws most of it's political support from that area, hence you see what you see. Forcing a pipeline through BC to export to China is unlikely.
The bottom line is that the oil is there and if you don't want to buy it now we can wait because you'll want to buy it later.

While I don't agree with the environmental damage being done in the tar sands (to people and animals), the US government's position is rather hypocritical to me. You would rather buy oil from some of the worst human rights abusing, war mongering, countries in the world that often actively work against your interests (many via a cartel) than from Canada because the oil is "dirty". Until the US opts to boycott oil from the likes of places such as Nigeria (much more massive environmental damage being done there), the objections make little sense.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 19th 2012, 18:24:33

And regarding military, the US buys a lot of canadian made military equipment. Canada actually makes quality military hardware... to sell other countries.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 19th 2012, 18:49:20

y'all still mad about that silly pipeline?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Trife Game profile

Jan 31st 2012, 22:55:14

they better be ashamed that they unleashed the bieber on the world

and bryan adams

and celine dion

Marshal Game profile

Feb 1st 2012, 0:03:09

what's wrong on bryan adams?

canucks also unleashed pam anderson and william shatner.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Trife Game profile

Feb 1st 2012, 0:42:56

the america is also good at pumping out people infected with hep c

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 2nd 2012, 17:48:33

fluff u
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

vintage'

Feb 8th 2012, 23:22:14

they're going to come for our fresh water first...there are how many cities in the states that it needs to be trucked into?

braden Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 12:10:50

they don't need our fresh water, we already share the great lakes with them..

we to the north, them to the south.

go invade russia for lake baikal?

Alana Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 12:19:06

Canada rocks!
Alana
LCN Peon

PowerOfLight Game profile

Feb 16th 2012, 23:44:38

and they are not "tar sands" they are "oil" sands.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2012, 5:37:41

Its not just the great lakes braden. Canada has a ton of small lakes as well. Just check out Quebec, Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and the territories. They are almost half water.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Feb 20th 2012, 1:34:30
See Original Post

ducko

Feb 17th 2012, 5:46:17

bonus

Rogue8 Game profile

Feb 20th 2012, 1:28:00

Canada's awesome... nuff said.
"Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond" - Perseverance

Moral Decay

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 20th 2012, 1:47:33

awesome at removing snow off the streets.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.