Verified:

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 3:23:39

if you were clearly "in the know"

why would you just claim earlier than LaF was the one that wrote all these "twisted" pacts?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 3:30:52

and if KJ provided that "10%" he won't share (because as he said earlier in this thread he only shared 90% to his own alliance mates), then you won't be saying what you are saying tertius.

just give us all time. you will see.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 3:31:18

Originally posted by hanIong:
Pact this, pact that.

Who gives a fluff? It's clouding the real issue; LaF's constant gangbanging and fighting dumb wars is driving people from the game and putting the game on a course of never ending stupidity.

Thanks, LaF.

Wall of text incoming.

You are mistaken. People aren't quitting this game because of one alliance or another. Specifically, the game mechanics and the server rules are the problem.

The game says right there, you have to be in a clan to be competitive. The game adds opportunities and recruitment messages to players that are untagged (there is a system that does this for clan tag holders). The game encourages ppl to join a clan. The whole premise of the server is really clan vs clan interaction, clan war, clan farming, politicking, whatever.

So how does this cause problems? Let's say you can somehow get 1000 new players join the server, woo hoo! Loads of land! But they get farmed. So they either leave the server because they feel they cannot commit to playing in a clan, or they join a clan.

After 2 months, of that 1000 new players, maybe 500 stayed on the server, and the other 500 quit. And of the 500 that stayed, maybe 400 joins an existing or create a new alliance. And what do we have? More players in clans, and back to no untags to farm. The 100 that remained untagged is barely enough to support the 400 new people that tagged up.

Where does that leave clans? The server does not encourage untags to begin with. Clans either all explore, or hit each other for land via land grab pacts or land trading, or war for whatever reason such as for land, or for fun.

So I'll avoid discussing the mechanics of ghost acres and land trading for now, and focus on clan wars. Everyone knows right now FSes are overpowered due to the game mechanics of being able to store over 2 days of turns, it is a significant advantage to obtain an FS, that can kill off over 2 days of turns per country killed in the FS.

The results in wars getting earlier and earlier, with alliances wanting to pre-empt each other to get the FS, leading to early wars, or wars that are what you call a "timing attack" in Starcraft 2. In SC2, there are windows in time where an enemy is weakest because they invested resources into upgrading tech (for new units) and thus are military weak during that one or two minutes. The same applies, a clan is weak at the point after an all-explore batch of turns, or during the conversion after a tech start.

Countries are too easily killed or crippled in this game due to the game/server mechanics, one of the factors that result in FSes being strong. 10 seconds is all it takes to kill a country. Or ruin it completely into a worthless one. In other games, such as Archmage, a country will instead enter immunity protection after suffering 30% NW loss within 24 hours, until you climb back above the 30% loss threshold. In Archmage, immunity protection still allows you to be retalled - up till you lose 50% of your NW, so alliances allow for land grabs that weaken a country to -30%, to let a retal inflict more damage up to -50%.

In our situation, because the game mechanics allows for unlimited attacks, there are advantages in numbers, you have more turns, more production, more attacks. Smaller clans are unable to defend themselves, smaller clans are eventually driven out by larger clans, or they get merged into a bigger clan. Over the years, clans coalesce. Do you really believe that if LaF did not exist, the same thing wouldn't be happening with another alliance?

The nature of the game mechanics results in all these emergent behavior. The game doesn't allow for smaller clans to even remotely have a chance without resulting in coalitions. Few other text based browser MMO games have these problems.

The game itself has been pretty stagnant, but I definitely see that itnis trying to remain true to the original Earth:2025. I like that they added special GDI rules for the solo servers, but new players are unlikely to even notice the GDI link at the corner bottom of their page and get farmed/killed, etc, for not knowing the GDI double tapping rule. Plus, GDI should be opt-out, not opt-in like it currently is. Earth can do better in being newbie friendly.

Game mechanics are always what results in player/clan behavior as everyone tries to make their clan/country be the best given the situation. Another issue is that warring is not inherently given any recognition within the game mechanics, there is no meaningful way to reward or recognize warring, unlike that for netgaining. Wars in itself as a consequence are generally not meaningful other than being used as a means towards netgaining. Evo doesn't war unless pulled into one. LaF doesn't war unless provoked into one or helping an ally. Some alliances out there are what we call "warring alliances", but to what end?

Have you considered how the meta game will change if the land grab limits for humanitarians are changed to x2 or /2 range instead of 12? It will force all clans to allow limited grabbing with each other, wars will become more interesting because it is impossible for 10 countries to kill a single country instantly, only those in the x2 and /2 range could attack, and wars would become more strategic because a clan at war would need to divide up the clan into networth bands for kill runs, and higher bands attempt to knock countries into lower bands. Alliance server has the largest population of players across all the servers to support the limited humanitarians range. Primary server already has x4 and /4 limits and it works somewhat nicely.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 11th 2012, 3:34:40
See Original Post

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2012, 3:35:39

Hanlong: uh, what? I wrote up a big long history lesson on why I would think LaF wrote that, but honestly no one would care. I have it on my clipboard if for some reason it seems important later. If that statement was incorrect, I apologize.

However, you're the Don of LaF, and clearly "in the know" so would you do us all the honor of actually responding to my previous post about the real issues rather than trying to change the topic to some minor detail?

Edit: Oh Autocorrect, I'm sorry did you have a point? I guess the difference is that Evo wouldn't break a pact just because of some country names about LaF's end of set shenanigans, but of course, Evo doesn't drop multiple players at the end of every set to try and take ANW away from their allied competitors. The difference is that Evo takes their allies seriously, whereas LaF members are willing to break pacts or suicide their opponents when they get all butthurt. Good point.

Edited By: Tertius on Jan 11th 2012, 3:41:01
See Original Post

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 3:46:56

your other concern i already addressed. that's what thie whole post was about. namely i don't believe we broke a pact, we simply voided a clause while you think otherwise.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2012, 3:53:26

Originally posted by Tertius:

Additionally, as I have mentioned before, if LaF simply had issues with the pacts and wanted to ALWAYS net as Hanlong has stated, then why not contact Evo's FA and make the appropriate changes without war? Last set, LaF was war-prepping since the very beginning. They obviously did not want to net, and then they tried to trap Evo with their clause with the sole purpose of hitting them (as SolidSnake has mentioned with great pride).

Then this set, according to the logs Hanlong did contact an FA and threatened to hit Evo using the clause in the pact, which the FA then told him was incorrect, because of the standard uNAP for this set and that the clause he was referring to wasn't until the following set.

Is any of that information wrong? The pact breaking is bad, but most members of outside alliances tend to see that there could be misunderstandings, which sometimes they do happen. But how can anyone doubt that LaF wants to war Evo repeatedly when they don't try diplomacy and just blind-side alliances they were pacted to moments before, especially with no regard to fair fights or war prep (the very things LaF previously complained war alliances were doing to ruin the game).

I am referring to this post which is about how LaF acted about the issues with the pacts, and not the pacts themselves. I'm sad that you only read the parts I address personally to you.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 3:54:39

We? We're all dying to know where you play Autocorrect. Go ahead and tell us.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:05:51

No, so you can get deleted for cheating like you deserve.

I thought it was rather odd that you'd randomly accuse evo of cheating. Symptom of a guilty mind I guess.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:10:23

Honey, you have a forum account less than a week old linked to a game account but you talk as if you've been playing for years in an alliance. You don't even have to be a mod to figure out that you're cheating.

You think the community dislikes me? Guess how they feel about cheaters?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:15:34

Haha that's total bullfluff and you know it. You forgot your dumb little nickname for me, getting nervous? To be fair the term "scumbag" describes cheating trash like yourself far better than me.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:20:11

You forgot to deny the fact that you're cheating trash.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 4:29:03

Tertius, you will have to wait forever for an answer, since there is simply no response.

weasel Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 4:30:18

Originally posted by Autocorrect:
Actually that's funny because we watch and laugh at how many countries Evo will drop, leadership even takes a poll on how many they will drop every set.

we make sure we have dropped our inactive members at least 2 weeks before the end of the reset, simple difference.

EVO Internal Affairs Department

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:30:56

So your story is that you finally make an account after years of not playing so you can war with your buddies. The issue with this is that everyone who is warring this set also warred last set and the country associated with the account that you're using now obviously didn't even participate in the war.

Why am I hung up about it? I really hate cheaters and I've deleted thousands of cheating countries. If I have to delete a few more, so be it.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 4:31:17

tertius: i'm talking to qzjul privately about your issues brought up and we're almost to a conclusion. give us a second =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:35:28

Everything I posted is public information. If you don't want people to call you out for cheating be less sloppy about it, n00b.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 4:48:34

Oh I just figured out where your other account plays, thanks. Should make it easier for the mods to find.

dagga Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 5:17:25

lol
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Chevs

Jan 11th 2012, 5:29:44

p3n1s bookmark
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

mazooka Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 5:37:49

I cant believe how retarded both sides sound. Full retard.

Its like why? Havent you guys trolled eachother long enough. You guys are all lame.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 6:05:35

This thread has a view rate of 30 per second.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 6:16:40

The view counter is probably broken. This server only has some 600 players. An hour ago, it only had 55000 views...

iTavi

Jan 11th 2012, 6:55:45

and this thread goes up and down and stirring everything else but the real fact!

Evo has a pact signed with LaF from feb for 3 sets (that one containing the void clause. if that would be signed for this set also, it would have been clear the pact was voided, not broken)
but they also had another pact signed with NO void clause. And laf broke it.

That's still the side i am seeing since everyone else is busy throwing dirt at others instead of posting some actual facts / logs to confirm or deny this last thing.
~

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 7:01:19

iTavi, i'm discussing this with qzjul right now, be patient.

there was no second pact. first of all it would make no sense to sign two pacts for one reset, and second of all we would never have agreed to a pact with no out clauses as we made it perfectly clear to evo and our allies.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

iTavi

Jan 11th 2012, 7:05:06

k, i am patient. i just dont understand why this thread went back to NaturalS and Elitez and Imag back to here when the point that still stands is still here.

about pact, yea there makes sense. especially since is a multi-side pact. i see nothing wrong in signing a 3 set pact from next set but have another one for the rest of this set.
~

Jiman Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 7:05:55

Hanlong Wang

Send email
Find email

Add to contacts
To

Ok signed for the uNAP for this reset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subject: RE: Pact
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:33:10 +0000

signed BattleKJ, HoW of Evolution

I also propose we sign a standard laf term uNAP for the remainder of the set.
_____
_____

Im still wondering about this O_o

iTavi

Jan 11th 2012, 7:13:53

^
~

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 7:21:20

No where does the 3-reset pact state it is non-standard.

Jiman Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 7:28:06

*eats some pie*

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 7:37:13

"signing a 3 set pact from next set but have another one for the rest of this set."

except that 3 reset pact stood this reset, hence the auto-renewal.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 8:38:00

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Why argue and fight? Why not join SOL for their 75th reset instead? I am certain it will be a blast.

Just thought this post deserved some more consideration. Who said fee beer?

fee beer? what's the fee?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Flamey Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 9:03:31

Sounds like an Evo term. Make you think the beer is free but chance an extortionate fee!

But seriously, some of the arguments on here are pedanctic, such as the refusing to be at war stuff. If that's the case the 'standard laf pact' that han is alleged to have signed could be whatever they wanted their standard terms to be seconds before agreeing if you get what I mean. Kind of like lagpit claiming he fdped sol minutes before sof fsed them.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 9:59:16

i'm not that pedantic. the standard terms used was the one i spent the whole time agreeing to with KJ in the rest of the email.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 11:19:39

someone finally had a life and stop spamming refresh for view count :p
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 14:05:57

TNT get back over to express. I need you there to keep me in line.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 15:39:40

the view counter isn't broken, i suspect somebody was auto-refreshing... heh
Finally did the signature thing.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jan 11th 2012, 18:11:37

it wasn't me! this time ... :\

Trife Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 18:11:58

SLAGPIT

PLEASE REMEMBER TO REDEEM YOUR HUG!

http://forums.earthempires.com/...amp;z=calling-out-slagpit

BattleKJ Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 19:32:30

Still my logs vs your thoughts and beliefs Hanlong, and you´ve lied so many times in this post. Please post the logs right now where you said you wanted a break clause.... You never. Not once. The 48hr ban I requested wasnt long enough to hear the truth from Hanlong. You're just a lying scumbag Hanlong. While you're spinning in the spotlight how about you tell the story of how your country farmed LTÅ› 2nd account suiciders on Evo. Or how you continually caused problems with your country while trying to pact us.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 19:41:23

your logs have shown all we did was sign a pact with an "involved in a war" void clause.

one that i have used. if you want to provide more logs, i'll be more than happy to analyze it.

and actually, i didn't know that was LT's country until a few resets afterwards.

the reason why i farmed that specific country was because i got a text from bakku while i was playing LoL that there was land to camp (and as a techer he was done with land but was still camping the news, while i was a casher so he knew i could use more land).

you yourself knows how Evo camps news also, and same with LaFfers. stop acting like its something alien to you.

i actually have a close friend who works at riot games, i can get him to show logs that i was playing LoL at that time too if you really want to look retarded.

i still have that text on my phone (i don't erase my texts lol), but i have to scroll back like 7 fluffing months though. want me to take a picture of it for you? you really are grasping at straws here... i believe there was also IRC logs (that i didn't log, but im sure other LaFfers have) of them seeing the news, realizing no one who was online had turns, and texting some of our top rankers to take advantage of it (one of them who was me). stop making up bullfluff stories KJ

Edited By: hanlong on Jan 11th 2012, 19:46:12
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

BattleKJ Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 20:03:10

I dont know what I should believe, this well thought up story of excuses or that LT your real life friend, your fellow LaF member for countless years, one of your Heads...told you.

Trife Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 20:18:49

stop filling up this thread with spam, slagpit needs to know where to redeem his hug!

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 20:55:50

LT is my real life friend? wtf?

i never met that guy. he also lives in canada

if anything he met up with h4/pang irl before if he wanted to give a LaFfer some land if that was his plan it would've been them.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2012, 21:05:18

I know LT IRL (hung out with him many times), Pang has met LT IRL... 2 times I think? Hanlong has never met him.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2012, 21:18:28

LT has never given me anything but trouble IRL.

I've only been escorted out of the province of Quebec by police once and it was with indeed with LT :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 21:20:13

LT does look like trouble lol

i saw his facebook account the other day :D he looks like he gets drunk and does crazy fluff every day :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2012, 21:30:35

yes, he is crazy sauce. But thats what makes it great to spend time with him. It's a shot of excitement!

Forgotten

Jan 11th 2012, 21:31:28

I have met LT with H4 and Pang once.

and seriously guys, I felt so dirty I had to get more drunk after.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

BattleKJ Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 22:07:30

Ok fair enough, you've never met him IRL so you claim, but you're still apart of the same circle jerk calculator club.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 22:21:34

i read a LT story on LaF forums saying he touched other guys fluffs as a way to pick up chicks.

i didn't get wtf he meant, i just assumed he is crazy sauce.

i mean i'm from San Francisco, but we are only so crazy :D
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia