Verified:

Soviet Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 21:16:00

Originally posted by Autocorrect:
An alliance isn't the aggressor, if... they are preempting another alliances FS on them.

Well done.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Sifos Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 22:06:11

FFA isn't the real world!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

hanIong Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 22:21:36

Wow. You're kidding right?

hanIong Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 23:09:01

"obviously going to FS you"

Is this the same as..

"we'll just pretend they were going to FS us so we don't look bad"

diez Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 23:14:06

well in some cases the past couple sets, the other alliance actually doesn't have full turns stored and full techs yet.

Obviously going to FS you, huh?

iScode Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 23:52:57

Autocorrect, your logic is retarded.

regardless if they were going to FS you or not, you make the first attack therefor your the agressor.

If you got into a fight in town, the guy was obviously getting ready to punch you and mouthing of about your slag of a misses, you seem him about to throw a punch and jab him in the face before he has a chance.

All this is caught on CCTV, in a court of law, you throwing the first punch are the agressor.

I would still FS that alliance, i wouldnt care if i was the agressor or not, who cares what the label is, your defending your alliance.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Wulf Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:01:59

ag·gres·sion
   /əˈgrɛʃən/ Show Spelled[uh-gresh-uhn] Show IPA
noun
the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
any offensive action, attack, or procedure; an inroad or encroachment: an aggression upon one's rights.
the practice of making assaults or attacks; offensive action in general.
Psychiatry . overt or suppressed hostility, either innate or resulting from continued frustration and directed outward or against oneself.

You can spin that however you want but I would consider FAing an alliances enemy aggression and an act of war. Especially since there had been quite a bit of taunting right along with it.

Firefly

Jan 11th 2012, 0:14:04

"an unprovoked offensive", So FSing when provoked would not be aggression. It is a Preemptive Counterstrike... I can see the logic in Autocorrects statement. It's obviously a debatable statement, where you will get nowhere arguing, because it's mostly going to come down to ones personal opinion.

Meh, It's fun to play the game - warring or netting - regardless of all the tom fullary on these boards ;P

iScode Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:14:49

Fa is not an "offensice action" though, it is an agreement between two alliances. I know its the accepted policy in the community which is cool, i have no qualms with rival or laf hitting evo unless they broke a pact, hell i dont like evo :P.

However i have never understood why people get so pissy about FA at war time, just get your own, it should be mandatory for FDP's to fa their allies at war, well in my opinion anyway
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:15:51

oh and with regards to Autocorrects last question in his first post. Yes, Poland.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Firefly

Jan 11th 2012, 0:19:15

I would agree FA isn't an offensive action unless the FAer knows full well that the FA is going to be used for an aggressive act. Then, IMO, the Alliance sending the FA must be considered hostile to the one the FA is being used on. It's only logical...

diez Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:19:26

I don't know how many more times I have to say that rival fs was obviously reasonable and we are FDPs with imagnum and not pacted to rival which makes it okay (and kinda obliges) for us to fa imag -_-

Some people really need a comprehension course.

iScode Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:21:15

I dont see a china or United states alliance in this game Autocorrect?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Firefly

Jan 11th 2012, 0:23:44

I'm only talking about Autocorrects theoretical situation... The Rival - Evo politics are over my head, and I really don't care. haha

Wulf Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:26:19

IF Imag hit first that's more like an FOP. SPIN IT!

diez Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 0:29:19

goodnight little boy

Firefly

Jan 11th 2012, 0:37:37

*cough* China (#45); America (#992) *cough* hahaha

Firefly

Jan 11th 2012, 0:39:31

...and yes I know you said alliance...

iScode Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 4:14:01

lol nice firefly :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iTavi

Jan 11th 2012, 7:03:01

Autocorrect, i am glad you posted in another thread also, to prove that your logic has flaws. i was thinking of answering your posts in the other huge thread but it would have taken us away from the subject.

- first of all, there is no way you can be 100% sure you are the target of the other party.
- second, even if you were sure, by declaring you renounce the rights to call someone in defense and instead you give them that advantage (so you'd be dumb to do that).
- and third and most important: if at least 1% of the alliance leaders would think as you do, we would have wars based on future predictions and preemptive counterstrike for year 2k13.

let's get serious, shall we?
~

Oceana Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 12:10:02

Yes, we should preemptively FS: IRAQ (country not found) guess that ones been done already...

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 12:44:15

I see what you did there Oceana

and the America (#992) called in Allies to help with Iraq, so I guess there is no such a thing as FDP, just allies :P
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

braden Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 15:06:54

"iScode
Quote Post
Jan 11th 2012, 0:15:51
oh and with regards to Autocorrects last question in his first post. Yes, Poland."

Can not forget about those Athenians and their long walls, either, mind you.. although that was a city-state, not a country..