Verified:

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 9:07:28

Brees is a beast, and without rodgers a clear front runner for MVP. But Rodgers might just have played the best season of football for a quarterback, ever. 122 passer rating (when has another QB posted this kind of rating?!), 4600 yards, 45 TD. In an era of ridiculous quarterbacks, he has somehow raised the bar. He's clutch, he's accurate, and he rarely makes mistakes.
The one big advantage i'd give to brees is his offense looks damn near unstoppable at the moment, while the packers have shown a bit of weakness. If they meet in the conference title game, i'd give a saints a edge, though that's more to do with the packers defense.

P.S. i'm a 49er fan in case you're fearing any bias, it's hard for me even to consider a quaterback great if he's not named Joe or Steve.

Originally posted by BobbyATA:

Sure Rodgers threw fewer interceptions he played 2 FEWER games. i'm not really sure why thats relevant... I threw fewer INTs than both of them this year!

Maybe you haven't heard, but like INTs are bad. Also he threw less than half the # brees did, and while brees threw 150 more passes, 6 INTs over 500 attempts is pretty damn amazing.

Edited By: jabberwocky on Jan 10th 2012, 9:15:05
See Original Post

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 14:16:54

In the superdome I'd say its anyones game, but lambeau in the middle of january I don't see the pack losing. Brees hasn't played as well in outdoor conditions. Sorry to your 49ers jfotouhi but I don't see them winning this week :/
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

elvesrus

Jan 10th 2012, 14:29:42

where are they playing on saturday? ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Tbody Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 14:41:45

Let me preface this by saying I'm a UF alum who went to school at the same time with him, and met him on two different occasions (so I'm a fanboy).

It's Tebow's SECOND season as a QB in the NFL. Sure, he needs a LOT of work on his mechanics and foot work, but he also brings a lot of things to the game that people who didn't follow him in college WON'T know about.

You wonder why McGahee likes this guy? It's because he adds a second running threat to the game. Defenses have to take into account, that he CAN and will run like a more mobile fullback would. No longer is McGahee running into a brick wall off a hand off because half of that wall is still covering or spying Tebow.

Another thing he does, and I know this sounds corny, is acts as a good leader. I'm sure it took a bit of convincing, but after a few comeback wins, the Broncos FEEL like they are still in the game at any point no matter what the score. That's something that WILL help them win games, even if it's not as often as it's been helping them in the past.

Does he deserve all the credit he's getting? NO. Did he deserve all the credit he got in college? NO (but he did a lot of it). I wish the media would just quiet down about him, and that Fox would make a deal for Percy Harvin, and let that UF tag team take the Broncos to a Super Bowl. And they would, within a few years.

TY Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 15:39:21

I am showing my age here but I remember when Terry Bradshaw said Elway needed to quit football and go play baseball.

You really have to give a guy a chance for the game to slow down for him. Pro football is so much faster than college, some take a little longer to get used to the speed its played on that level.

And remember you dont need a great QB to win the super bowl. Trent Dilfer actually has a ring.
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

TY Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 15:43:22

Oh yea and speaking of Bradshaw another mediocre QB that found a way to win.
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 18:18:55

Originally posted by Tbody:
Let me preface this by saying I'm a UF alum who went to school at the same time with him, and met him on two different occasions (so I'm a fanboy).

It's Tebow's SECOND season as a QB in the NFL. Sure, he needs a LOT of work on his mechanics and foot work, but he also brings a lot of things to the game that people who didn't follow him in college WON'T know about.

You wonder why McGahee likes this guy? It's because he adds a second running threat to the game. Defenses have to take into account, that he CAN and will run like a more mobile fullback would. No longer is McGahee running into a brick wall off a hand off because half of that wall is still covering or spying Tebow.

Another thing he does, and I know this sounds corny, is acts as a good leader. I'm sure it took a bit of convincing, but after a few comeback wins, the Broncos FEEL like they are still in the game at any point no matter what the score. That's something that WILL help them win games, even if it's not as often as it's been helping them in the past.

Does he deserve all the credit he's getting? NO. Did he deserve all the credit he got in college? NO (but he did a lot of it). I wish the media would just quiet down about him, and that Fox would make a deal for Percy Harvin, and let that UF tag team take the Broncos to a Super Bowl. And they would, within a few years.

Good post. The only part I disagree with is them having a superbowl shot.. although the AFC is weakening and the superpowers are getting old
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

davidoss Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 18:28:58

This is like Friday Night Lights sort of material.

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 18:36:42

Sam Bradford should not be judged. He spends every game with poor coaching and getting the crap kicked out of him. If the Rams have an off line, its only on paper. They give less protection than a trojan. I think he probable was a good Qback, but only time will tell if he can get over the fear he must now feel every time he touches a football.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 18:38:48

Im going to be at candlestick on saturday, so im just excited that we are even in the playoffs. We're definitely the underdogs, but our defense can shut down offenses (though our biggest weakness is our secondary). If we can get a decent pass rush and force turnovers, i think we got a shot. We need a good preformance outta smith though, because even if we turn the ball over the saints are going to score eventually. Ball control, thats the key.