Verified:

justtaint

Jan 2nd 2012, 7:56:31

To threaten banishment to those who wish to play a clean game is a threat to the game itself. By banning those who wish to play a clean game, and allowing those who cheat to remain you are condoning cheating. If the mods are tired of the flaming, it might be smarter to determine the cause rather than deal with the (after)effects.

I'm not the only one who is growing tired of the repeated purple resets of a select few individuals who are allowed to continue their ways with abandon. Now, having been given the tacit approval due to the announcement that any discussion shall result in a ban. Help the game rather than hurting the players. Deal with the cheaters in a way that doesn't affect everyone else.
SlashMD

Karim Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 8:27:47

I approve: even if don't personally dislike anyone, there should be a different approach to cheating.

You cheat once = purple deletion
You cheat twice = 1 month suspension
Tou cheat three times = 3 months suspension

And so on.

By not enforcing, seems cheating is perfectly fine, and games don't grow a reputation by allowing cheaters, cause legit players feel like it's a time loss.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Menion Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 11:20:30

It does seem rather odd that you can receive a ban for pointing out a cheater yet they don't seem to reserve much of a punishment.

I never feel like a suspension really affects people. You can take a month off from a game and come back and do it again. In game punishments would cause them to use up their time and not finish as well. Below is what I would do.

You cheat once = Alliances and bonuses are disabled for 3 sets.
You cheat twice = As above but you receive -10% PCI for 5 sets.
You cheat 3 times = As above and the market is disabled for you.

This is sets where they have to play, not just opt out.

This way the cheaters might learn from their punishments or leave the game entirely.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 2nd 2012, 12:18:56

Dear players,

the post about banning players on the forum who continue to witch hunt and continue to discuss on the public forum, was basically because none of you have an idea why these people were banned,

like we always say , if you think someone is cheating message a Game Mod , dont go and post it all over the boards

message either myself, Spawn or Martian
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

PimpThang

Jan 2nd 2012, 14:02:21

Warster, i think the point they are trying to make here is that there needs to be some consequences for those who are caught cheating, instead of every set trying to find or catch them at it again. I hope you are not taking this thread as against Mods- no, it is for you guys and the rest of the game. Think how easier it would be for mods if blatant cheaters were not allowed to play every set? You would have less work and complaints to deal with and we playing the game would have a cleaner more enjoyable game.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 2nd 2012, 14:34:38

u forget as it stands we know their accounts

we ban the account they will make a new one and then we have to find them again

its funny, everyone knows how to contact me, know where i play, know where i hang out in IRC and you know how many times i've had people come to me about people cheating in the 18 months i've been a mod??

3, thats it 3 times

so i'll say it again, if people think someone is cheating, instead of fighting on the boards and people accusing people, people should message a game Mod, plain and simple
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2012, 15:06:24

Originally posted by Warster:
Dear players,

the post about banning players on the forum who continue to witch hunt and continue to discuss on the public forum, was basically because none of you have an idea why these people were banned,
Which I find weird. Y'all make it public that the person was caught cheating when you purple them, but then you don't tell what the person was deleted for, leaving people to make guesses. You could just post reasons to a list somewhere. "Multiple countries working together for the benefit of one." "Multiple accounts on IP address." I'm still scratching my head over Living Tribunal being purpled in Primary.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 15:11:30

well, i like everyone to know who and how they cheated so other players don't get caught in the mix. Suddenly losing a def/tech/int ally is a big deal. And i don't like having to find another ally at mid game.
I don't put offense ally because it is basically useless and only used as boosters to topfeed mostly. Multiple bottomfeed ps simply net you more land(especially ghost acres) and lower losses.

And the fact that people who gets caught cheating consistently also have t10 records probably anger a lot of people because who knows if they did it legitimately. You can flame me if you want. I'm just giving you the reasons why people don't just keep hush and message the mods.

Instead of deleting their country, can you just block them from accessing it for 48 hours before deleting so the rest of the legit players can have time to react(new allies) and benefit from it(get our land back)
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 16:42:45

You cheat once = access to you account disabled for the entire set.

You cheat twice = 1 month suspension; loss of bonuses for 2 months upon return.

You cheat three times = 3 months suspension; loss of bonuses for 6 months upon return; loss of market access for one set.

From all I can tell, the mods don't act (although they say they have the tools) until we report suspicious activities ingame. Deletion is apparently not a worthy price for cheats to pay.

As much as I love this game, I quit if once already because of excessive cheating (Earth 2025). If that carries over to this game,...

The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2012, 17:13:13

Warster does have a good point! If you ban an account they will create a new one, it happened in Mehul's server and it ultimately became its demise.

I propose a new forum, we can call it "Don't cheat" there we can unleash all our frustration on them so we don't do it on regular forums!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

General Earl Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 17:20:45

First off, there are FAR less cheaters on EE than there ever was in 2025. Plain and simple. The mods do a lot of work to ensure everyone is playing by the rules.

Without giving too much insight as to how the mods find the cheaters, or how the cheaters evade bans.. the bottom line is that due to the architecture of the internet, people can find ways around bans which usually require some interaction/investigation by moderators to determine if they are legitimately playing, evading a ban and/or cheating. Scripts can only determine so much, and though the game moderators spend a fair bit of time scouring the game for inappropriate behavior, it is also not humanly possibly for every moderator to monitor their server(s) 24/7.

As Warster said, if people are suspected of cheating, report them to the moderator of that server. (Also see the contact page http://www.earthempires.com/contact ).. Or on your main page there is a Report Cheaters button. Please use it if you suspect somebody of rules violations.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 17:39:35

PLEASE DON'T BAN THE TROLLS! :-P
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2012, 17:45:26

TROLLS FTW!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Karim Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 18:21:30

Mods, don't take it wrong: i think it's clear we all appreciate the job you do to keep up the entertainment for us :)

I think PimpThang summed up correctly what we meant to say.

This being said i want to say it again: i don't hold grudges vs people caught cheating: i like to compete but i don't care if i end up 2nd cause the first one cheated, but that's just me :)
-[Panzer Division MD]-

justtaint

Jan 2nd 2012, 19:35:25

Mods, you guys are doing a great job. I'm not talking about catching the cheaters. Right now if someone gets caught cheating one reset, according to Galleri's post I can't remind the gaming world the next reset that the cheater is asking for allies so he can dupe someone into running a tech farm for them, or a free off ally.

Ban the account, delete their accomplishments from the record books. I don't care if they'll just create another account. The mods should have the tools to know who they are anyways and their cheating ways will soon be discovered again. This is a small community and new players suddenly excelling is pretty obvious (not of cheating necessarily).

Don't ban clean players because we're tired of cheaters being protected. That's exactly what you're doing by banning those who speak out about cheaters, you're protecting them and allowing it to continue.
SlashMD

Jan 2nd 2012, 19:59:55

they're just trying to keep the flaming down so that more people will feel that they can post without getting their heads ripped off.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 5:35:47

Simple lesson for those of you a little slow on the uptake...

If you think someone is cheating, deal with it through private means unless you have absolute proof, and it is not being addressed. Otherwise, you just look like you're pointing fingers needlessly.

Jan 3rd 2012, 6:24:09

private means? you mean like get Anonymous to hack'em? i'm assuming that you mean to contact the mods privately...

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 11:17:46

Here's my thought for some kind of solution to our problem here..

From what i read, a few guys suggested that after getting caught cheating their account would suffer from bonus handicap, or pci penalty or what not but that really would not work now would it ? Like some have pointed out they would just recreate an account and vola, no penalty whatsoever.

Here's a question for you lads out there, how many 'new member' won alliance/primary/express/team/tourney in the last, say 1 year? Take express for example, for the pass 10 sets how many champion has it produced and how many unknown players actually won it ? Its only 1 spot and hundreds of people are aiming for it. The best player wins it and im pretty sure its a small pool of players that are consistently winning it set after set.

Now most ppl here who played express must have known that Vivaluation won and cement himself in the prestige 30m NW club a few sets ago right ? Im sure you know that he was deleted for cheating last set too. What does that make ? Was his 30m legit ? He was caught cheating last set, with proofs by the mods and the player didnt even try to defend himself. We could all argue about his 30m NW but thats just that, argument.

In my honest opinion, instead of banning/perma banning/silly penalty after serving ban, the mods should consider taking away their forum account. From my experience modding a forum, a cheater is only a cheater if and only if its caught with an 'identity'. What does that mean you say ? It means that PURPLE has been around a long time, and its sure as hell vivaluation/jj23 aint the first few you've seen since you played this game. But if i asked you to name 2 cheater from the top of your head who'd you probably name out ?

Exactly.

Would you care about a mid/bottom table purple country ? Yes you would, if the country belongs to someone you know in the forum. Even more so if the cheater is someone who is well known and have achieved high rank in pass sets. But would you start a topic blasting the purpled country if you dont know who it was and the country did absolute nothing (no lg or suiciding or giving dr) that you know of ? Guess not.

I agree with the topic of this, er topic. Banishment. Would people take bakku seriously if he posted as a new member name 'lulu' ? Or seriously read oldman assessment of his failed set if he post as 'manb00bs' ?

If you cheated and claim #1 but could not claim the fame along with it with your 'identity' there's really no point. Thus banishing the cheaters forum account would curb players that could actually win without cheating from cheating.

Before someone retort with 'they could just create a different nick like vavilution or 23JJ so what difference does it make ?!'

To answer that, is it easier to cheat with multiple country, or to switch different nick with your identity intact ?

There ya go

Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

pele Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 12:01:05

agreed

tduong Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:05:21

how about if you cheat, all your previous records are deleted. So if you have something to brag, well it's gone. Viva would've thought twice about cheating or even close to it like he claimed if that was at stake.

pele Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:14:33

that should come as an direct effect of what TNT wrote

tduong Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 13:18:30

it was so long, i didn't read it lmao.

elvesrus

Jan 3rd 2012, 14:20:45

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:
if i asked you to name 2 cheater from the top of your head who'd you probably name out ?

does it count if they're all the same person? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeKlhG44-0
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 14:52:00

After reading what TNT wrote you think anyone will have the time to watch that crap?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Karim Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 15:06:39

Lmao :D

EDIT: Lmao again, but i like TNT suggestion ;)
-[Panzer Division MD]-

blid

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2012, 15:09:55

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:

If you cheated and claim #1 but could not claim the fame along with it with your 'identity' there's really no point. Thus banishing the cheaters forum account would curb players that could actually win without cheating from cheating.
I wonder about that. If you're caught cheating 10 times then why bother winning rounds and posting about it in the forum, since you know everyone will discredit you and doubt you? You can take away their ability to post or whatever, but why wouldn't this person make a new name anyway, one that has not been caught cheating, and build a new name for himself with wins that people will assume are clean instead of dirty? Like why isn't this already happening?

And anyway, do people really play for their name or just like to win? VivaNick doesn't really post here. When he won he did and said "thanks guys" but that's about it...

Edited By: blid on Jan 3rd 2012, 15:12:39
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 15:59:35

I wonder about that. If you're caught cheating 10 times then why bother winning rounds and posting about it in the forum, since you know everyone will discredit you and doubt you? You can take away their ability to post or whatever, but why wouldn't this person make a new name anyway, one that has not been caught cheating, and build a new name for himself with wins that people will assume are clean instead of dirty? Like why isn't this already happening?

And anyway, do people really play for their name or just like to win? VivaNick doesn't really post here. When he won he did and said "thanks guys" but that's about it...

Of course not everybody treat this game just like everyone else and i cannot say that everyone plays for their nick in this or any other game. But in the general view of human behavior, a game usually comes with accomplishment and trophy. In our case, the trophy is having a country in EE database of records at #1 spot. Accomplishment on the other hand, is here, the forum. Would you still play this game if there are no forum, no ingame message nothing. You just play the turns and thats it. AND you cannot name a unique country name. Its all assign automatically say Country A B C D and such. Would you continue to play this game ? When your country does win, what ya gonna do ? Do the chicken dance by yourself ? I bet you rather play angry birds. Accomplishment is nothing without acknowledgement.

And about creating a new nick and start from scratch,then cheat to win a couple of #1's and have JJ23 build a shrine in your honor, you could try making a new nick. A nick that you wont tell anyone. How many readable and constructive post do you think it takes for someone to 'Oh yea blid suggest/said that before bla bla bla' ?

Its so much easier to cheat than to connect with people. Just ask your wife/gf =)

Oh before i forget. In a game like this, especially express where everyone could manage to grab anyone, having a reliable allies is the utmost important. Even with JJ23 cheating skill, he wont be #1 if he does not have 2 def allies even with tech leech.

The purpose of banishment is to protect everyone's interest in regards to the #1 spot. I wont mind noobs cheating and get 2m NW. But i mind a lot if people with skills like viva who are hard to beat even without cheating decides to go thereisnospoon

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 16:04:23

After reading what TNT wrote you think anyone will have the time to watch that crap?

lol i kinda told myself to keep my post short and to the point but..

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 16:13:39

My suggestion is to discourage people especially those with the know-how from cheating. Not preventing them. Even if someone decides to still cheat and not reveal himself after, and laugh himself silly by himself, that person wont do it for long. 1 set ? 3 sets ? How many times could someone put so much effort just to get something nobody will know he has ?

Even JJ23 values his tainted nick. If he could run multiple country by himself, u bet your bum he could start a new forum nick.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 17:39:02

I agree with everything TNT is saying. It will at least take care of the cheats that want to be glorified. The fact that Viva uses the same name every set means he wants the accolades connected to his VivaNick name too regardless of whether he posts in this forum or not.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 2:56:46

Heh JJ sorry i couldnt find a better example.. You post a heck lot more than other cheaters that were caught before so you kinda primed yourself to be the ultimate example :D

Take it as repercussion from cheating heh

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 3:36:52

We're talking about how to control cheating and some of us gets into personal life philosophy lol

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 5:23:41

For once i completely agree with TNT. JJ, i rank you right up there with that stuff i have to scrape off my dogs teeth every so often. Somewhere between that and getting neutered. I do believe you and others like you do not deserve a forums account. I do not care what you think, as you have been caught cheating 12 times, you have proven to be of very low moral character. I can only assume you IRL are in politics. Possible someone corrupt in Congress. Of course you are getting caught a lot so maybe you could be one of ILL's last 2 governors. Are you posting from behind bars? I guess it doesn't really matter.

Point is TNT hit the nail on the head this time. I hope the mods can act and not come down on honest players who are tired of crappy cheaters hurting the game.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

justtaint

Jan 4th 2012, 19:54:58

^how kind. ive read some of your tourney posts. you are worth about as much as the stuff that comes out of my ass. with or without eating chili, thats anyones to guess. youre dog is probably a dumb son of a B, but still smarter than you for some of the crap you spew here.

no im not in congress, but yes i am somewhat involved in politics, mostly the belief that someone whos inferior like you needs to be locked up, and <b>taken out</b>.

Believing that people who disagree with you should be killed, now you've taken trolling to a whole new level.
SlashMD

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 20:22:36

lmao jj is a clown. Tell that to the people who got beatened during OWS

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 20:33:29

so then you believe that you can say whatever you want but others can't?

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 20:58:03

hmmm so workers on strike holding signs had never changed labor laws?
african americans holding signs on the streets of DC had never had an impact on equal rights laws?
veterans holding signs...
women holding signs...
etc...
had never worked?

Hopeless Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 21:08:23

you people are like a bunch of teenage girls fighting over a hotdog...grow the f up and play the game..

tduong Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 21:12:30

Originally posted by Hopeless:
you people are like a bunch of teenage girls fighting over a hotdog...grow the f up and play the game..

..and you're so much better? how?
The fact that you're posting here means that you're not playing the game....

hypocrite

blid

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2012, 21:14:57

absolutely not. you can say whatever you want, but theres probably a snmarter way than to stand on wall street with a sign.

befriend a local politican and get your point across.

standing with a bunch of other idiots holding a sign, thats never worked and will never work.
Prolonged people's war ftw.

Hopeless Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 21:20:23

Originally posted by tduong:

hypocrite

10 Missiles FTW (#22) 20,531 $18,224,750 DG

tduong, when you break 20 mil nw come talk to me

Jan 4th 2012, 21:49:20

are we still gettings da permabanned if call JJ23 a cheatzor?

elvesrus

Jan 4th 2012, 21:59:01

could always call him a liar whose word is worth nothing instead

crest23 Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 22:42:28

Originally posted by tduong:

hypocrite

10 Missiles FTW (#22) 20,531 $18,224,750 DG

tduong, when you break 20 mil nw come talk to me

Who's this hopeless clown that just showed up as a noob, says he is new to the game and is already making fun of an $18 mill NW finish? Listen moron, unless you have a record here that you want to show us, I suggest you STFU!

BTW, I hope you post your Express finish this set for us to see since you have obviously stated that you are playing. I have a very strong feeling that you will NOT be able to provide an independently verifiable country name at the end of the set because you are most probably another poster on this very thread.

Edited By: crest23 on Jan 4th 2012, 22:44:54
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

echlori Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 22:45:19

LOL

tduong Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 0:12:00

^hahahaha

thats what ive been trying to say for the longest time.

Amen. PWNED.

ive never met someone who talked so much whos finishes were so pitiful.

jj you've had plenty of bad finishes and even more purples. If #10 is pitiful, what do you call the other 100+ people? unless they're all your multis?

tduong Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 0:14:19

absolutely not. you can say whatever you want, but theres probably a snmarter way than to stand on wall street with a sign.

befriend a local politican and get your point across.

standing with a bunch of other idiots holding a sign, thats never worked and will never work.

hmmm so workers on strike holding signs had never changed labor laws?
african americans holding signs on the streets of DC had never had an impact on equal rights laws?
veterans holding signs...
women holding signs...
etc...
had never worked?

yes i'm restating this because it just looked too convenient that you ignored how dumb you are.

elvesrus

Jan 5th 2012, 0:32:04

Originally posted by elvesrus:
could always call him a liar whose word is worth nothing instead

and yes, you will get banned unless you get on your knees and apologize and beg for forgiveness. and you better videotape that sh1t and put it on youtube because i wont believe you otherwise.

or not because there are ways to word things to avoid breaking forum rules. be thankful I'm taking a more direct approach than I usually do ;)

tduong Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 0:47:55

half the servers doesn't play 1800 turns?
86% of statistics are made up :)

i would never dare to rebuttal with you or compare myself to you.

and you seem to keep ignoring this next post