I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 1:40:23

You would have to name your leeches.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

bakku Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 1:55:33

Originally posted by mdemon:
all I got to say is, "afaik you are the best player out of all of us, you have been able to get above 30M nw 4 times."

afaik is very good but i think i can give him a run for his money. i'm going to fellate myself and mention that i hold the nw record in primary, express, tourney, highest legit nw in team and was the first person to break 300m in alliance (i would still have the alliance nw record if i wasn't so awesome at making noob mistakes) :P

i probably also hold the record for most nw lost due to a cash shortage!

crest23 Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 2:11:30

I think trep holds the NW lost record. What do you mean "legit" NW in team?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 2:51:02

Originally posted by crest23:
You would have to name your leeches.

i did name my leeches :) too bad i pumped agri, mil strat while they pumped bus/res and weapons lmao. That's what happens when you decide to tech 240 turns at once without looking at your allies.
Originally posted by blid:

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 2:54:36

However i think a 40 mil net is very difficult but possible. A fascist or demo farmer in a round with high CI and $50 bushel average should get you above 40 mil net if you saved ~400 turns for stockpiling with ~20k acres.

Rob Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 3:12:02

I think the definition of best player is vague at best.

Not taking anything away from them because i think they are amazing players but both bakku and afaik are more specifically the best 2 CI players - and CI happens to be the best strat in this game

Rockman Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 3:18:26

Originally posted by Rob:
I think the definition of best player is vague at best.

Not taking anything away from them because i think they are amazing players but both bakku and afaik are more specifically the best 2 CI players - and CI happens to be the best strat in this game

Bakku's 300m networth country in alliance and his 100m networth country in team were both demo techers, not commie indy.

Bakku was at 324 million networth when he had a cash shortage. I do not think Trep has that beat.

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 3:26:39

Winning comes with a bit of luck also. Even the best players cannot win every set. There's no point in debating who'se the best unless you win top 3 spot over 90% of the time. And claiming to be best in team or alliance is also arguable since if you are in a good clan then you will have an advantage. It's all relative.

diez Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 3:51:32

true that, but the ones considered "elite, honest netters" tend to know who has the most skills... I know who I'd put my money on if everyone nets and has a perfect set :p

Rockman Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 3:56:26

Originally posted by tduong:
Winning comes with a bit of luck also. Even the best players cannot win every set. There's no point in debating who'se the best unless you win top 3 spot over 90% of the time. And claiming to be best in team or alliance is also arguable since if you are in a good clan then you will have an advantage. It's all relative.

Says the guy with no top 3s ever?

Its not luck that makes Bakku, Afaik, and others better than you. You can tell yourself that they are just luckier than you, but its not the case. They're just much better than you.

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 4:25:42

Originally posted by Rockman:

Says the guy with no top 3s ever?

Its not luck that makes Bakku, Afaik, and others better than you. You can tell yourself that they are just luckier than you, but its not the case. They're just much better than you.

i never said i was better than them. I simply stated winning comes with a bit of luck also because you can still get ruined unexpectedly by suiciders and other reasons. Also sometimes the market doesn't work in your favor but a good player can adjust, however, that'll put you slightly behind other top players if you had to.

Note. Good players like bakku also have some very good advantages. Like they know other good players to ally with. You don't see him allied with scrubs do you? They also know a lot of other good players playing that'll avoid hitting them due to mutual respect or just friendship. They are pretty much always in a good alliance or team.

That being said, I take nothing from them. I never claimed top 3s or said i was better. My record is short, so how could I do that already. All my countries so far has been experimental. I admit even with luck on my side, they'll probably still end up on top of me. So please people, stop reading between the lines get all emotinal. I'm not disclaiming anything from anyone.

In short, i believe he is one of the best to ever play ,but claiming he is, is still debatable.

and thanks for the tech start up :)

Rockman Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 4:41:18

For a small sample size, luck can be involved. But with a large number of countries, the luck factor can be ignored. If a person repeatedly has issues with topfeeds, uncooperative market, etc. there's something behind it.

Its not about finishing top 3 90% of the time, its about the ability to repeatedly finish at the top, even if you've got a lot of countries that didn't make it.

It is a slight advantage that good players ally with each other, but they do switch allies during the set to switch to those who are doing well. If they are allied to a scrub, they'll quickly drop the alliance with that scrub and find a good ally.

The avoiding hitting other people is not so much due to mutual respect or friendship as it is to self preservation. Its just not wise hitting someone who you know is gonna have a good country. Its not good for growth to hit someone who has a decent chance of retalling you.

If you hit one person who might be able to retal you, you're relying on luck to keep from getting retalled. If you make a habit of it, its not so much luck, as the inevitable happening. Similar to what happened to Industrial Engineer in primary with his numerous double taps while carrying zero tanks. If he had survived without being suicided, that would have been luck. But with the number of people he double tapped, its not bad luck that he got ABd.

Luck exists in small sample sizes, of when the extremely unlikely occurs. In an individual set, there's some luck involved in who gets a top finish. But over the long term, its not luck. And it doesn't require being top 3 90% of the time. You can be far less impressive while still being clearly one of the best.

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 5:00:17

Originally posted by Rockman:
For a small sample size, luck can be involved. But with a large number of countries, the luck factor can be ignored. If a person repeatedly has issues with topfeeds, uncooperative market, etc. there's something behind it.

Its not about finishing top 3 90% of the time, its about the ability to repeatedly finish at the top, even if you've got a lot of countries that didn't make it.

It is a slight advantage that good players ally with each other, but they do switch allies during the set to switch to those who are doing well. If they are allied to a scrub, they'll quickly drop the alliance with that scrub and find a good ally.

The avoiding hitting other people is not so much due to mutual respect or friendship as it is to self preservation. Its just not wise hitting someone who you know is gonna have a good country. Its not good for growth to hit someone who has a decent chance of retalling you.

If you hit one person who might be able to retal you, you're relying on luck to keep from getting retalled. If you make a habit of it, its not so much luck, as the inevitable happening. Similar to what happened to Industrial Engineer in primary with his numerous double taps while carrying zero tanks. If he had survived without being suicided, that would have been luck. But with the number of people he double tapped, its not bad luck that he got ABd.

Luck exists in small sample sizes, of when the extremely unlikely occurs. In an individual set, there's some luck involved in who gets a top finish. But over the long term, its not luck. And it doesn't require being top 3 90% of the time. You can be far less impressive while still being clearly one of the best.

word. Thank you for being neutral. It seems like everyone on these boards jump at the first different POV they see. I understand the whole luck the consistency factor. I was just saying that if you finished top 3 over 90% then there is no doubt anyone can say that you are not the best.
I will finish top 3 eventually but i don't want to go traditional. I want to do something different that makes no sense and still win. So i will need luck since i'm going against the grain. I might just do dict techer stay monarch all set lol.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 5:00:40

That's why all I want to see is the best of the best guys in Tourny game A without know who was who. Hopefully the 40 best players in the game in game A, and only 40 player for that set. They'll either all go all-x or game on! Lol.

The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 5:09:12

I wish there was more people playing. Didn't tourney used to have game size in the hundreds back when this first started?

Jackelope Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 6:42:37

dude, they had games from a-z, not just abc... there were thousands just in turney alone

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 6:49:22

i just remember when primary had like 15k people playing and it was awesome to run through the ranks. Now you jump 1 mil nw and you're up 8 ranks lol. The market used to be stable and predictable all the way through til the end. Now it's as volatile as the real stock market lol.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 6:58:02

Express market is volatile because of the fast pace. I do not think this longer servers are volatile, no.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 7:17:18

express is extremely volatile. primary is pretty stable but still volatile in comparison to what it used to be like with over 10k players. It used to be that a $10 change in military prices was huge. Now, I saw it swing ~20-30 a day on the regular. Express can swing over $70 for military and 15 for food. Let's not even mention the wild prices for oil. Just my observation :)

afaik Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 7:22:24

In short, i believe he is one of the best to ever play ,but claiming he is, is still debatable.

...if anyone needs a new sig ;P

crest23 Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 7:24:07

Tech swings in the hundreds to thousands, but we have way digressed from oldman's reason for this thread. Once again we ask, CAN A MOD PLEASE CLEAN THIS THREAD UP!!! And sticky it while you are at it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

bakku Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 9:32:07

fwiw, i definitely don't think i'm the best that's ever played. actually, i'm not even close to the best that's currently playing.

i also wasn't trying to say i'm better than afaik, just that i think i am in the same league as him. anyway, i regret posting anything. i feel like a self-obsessed egomaniac now

bakku Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 9:35:10

i meant most nw lost to a single cash shortage

this is the highest nw on the team server: http://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/196/39

in addition to all the intra-clan farming he was being FA'ed daily by multiple countries

blid

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2011, 12:47:35

Originally posted by bakku:
fwiw, i definitely don't think i'm the best that's ever played. actually, i'm not even close to the best that's currently playing.
not even close to the best that's currently playing?! THat's hard to believe
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 14:25:47

Yeah, if you hold all the records, how are you not the best? And if there's better people currently playing, I want to know what their records are?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rob Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 16:48:24

Bakku's just trying to be humble :)

He is definitely among the best, if not the best.

Pain Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 16:55:21

being the best at earth empires is like being the best MW1 player. sure youre better then everyone else because all the competition isnt playing that game anymore :P

not to take anything from bakku, id love to be half as good as him. but in the end, he still strives to be as good as JJ23.

Your mother is a nice woman

bakku Game profile

Dec 14th 2011, 21:38:22

there are a bunch of people that still play this game but don't try anymore. off the top of my head there's nof, ss, eugy and those are just people from laf. i'm sure there are others that are better than me as well.

there are also a bunch of people in this thread that would be good competition in any given set

oldman Game profile

Dec 15th 2011, 10:52:51

as what bakku has pointed out, there're a bunch of folks who know how to play this game. Skills only matter until a certain point, afterwhich, I will have to say luck is going to be a determining factor. That's my takeaway from this game since I started playing it 14 years ago in Earth2025. There's no one single best player, but rather a group of very good players. Any one of them can win in any given set and the luckiest one of them will win it =P

AndrewMose Game profile

Dec 15th 2011, 21:59:17

I am amazed that my Republican made this list...I miss being able to play express.

LightBringer Game profile

Dec 15th 2011, 22:00:51

I know what I'm doing now..
Hello

maverickmd Game profile

Dec 16th 2011, 1:18:22

All i see in this thread is that CI is overpowered and its benefits should be Nerfed in express :)

crest23 Game profile

Dec 16th 2011, 2:29:42

Not Express.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

oldman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 10:52:26

Updated after round #107.

Congrats to the following 2 players for making #1 and #4 all time networth record for Monarchy!

1. 16,298,407 NW (Round 107 - Your new nation requires a name #91)
4. 11,703,920 NW (Round 107 - After years of struggle and fami #130)

tduong Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 19:55:08

Originally posted by oldman:
Updated after round #107.

Congrats to the following 2 players for making #1 and #4 all time networth record for Monarchy!

1. 16,298,407 NW (Round 107 - Your new nation requires a name #91)
4. 11,703,920 NW (Round 107 - After years of struggle and fami #130)

probably would've been well above 13 if it wasn't for me lol

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 19th 2011, 22:28:51

is this thread like top people who stuck to one gov all set ? i'm just asking, because i could run a mediocre rep casher and switch to monarchy before destocking..
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

mdemon Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 22:30:55

I hold the record for demo and it was Monarchy > Democracy

oldman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 22:39:02

iZarcon: it's the govt at the end. I could do one for people who stuck to govt but it will take too much efforts lol.

oldman Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 3:27:28

Updated the list. I finally got into the 30m NW club =P

crest23 Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 4:29:17

Congrats oldman! Good stuff there.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

UBer Bu Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 4:44:36

Yes, nice battle there at the end.

This might be a dumb question, but how about an all-explore top 10?
-take off every sig.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 4:46:31

That'll be tough to research. Good luck.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

VivaNick Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 5:33:32

Grats oldman :p

oldman Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 5:40:17

As requested, the all explore top 10 list is up. Not too difficult to pull this out since eestats already has it. I just needed to match the round # to the countries.

Thanks Nick.

Rob Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 7:06:38

Congrats oldman!

Karim Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 7:35:57

Grats!
-[Panzer Division MD]-

oldman Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 13:35:52

JJ23 - ok, included your rep. As long as it's not purple, it's in the list, doesn't matter if you have tech leeches or not.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2011, 17:16:38

Congrats on 30m oldman =)
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Jackelope Game profile

Dec 26th 2011, 18:31:03

hey oldman.. i feel that you leeched tech off me this last round :P i didnt get 1 point from you... you musta got 30k