Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Nov 30th 2011, 18:42:12

Humanitarians for attacks should be based on the maximum networth country has had in the last 24 hours or 72 hours. Humanitarians also should never stop a target from being able to retaliate against someone that attacked them (give maybe a 48 or 72 hour window after someone is attacked).

Artificially lowering one's networth in order to be able to attack a target, or to avoid attack is beginning to go overboard on the alliance server. It has also been abused on primary, by suiciders who can suicide and then drop below 1/4th of their target's networth.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 30th 2011, 18:55:41

And by top commies that grab after their goods sell.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 30th 2011, 19:09:10

Originally posted by crest23:
And by top commies that grab after their goods sell.

Yep, them too. Good catch.

jabberwocky Game profile

Nov 30th 2011, 22:02:55

Ya this is kinda ridiculous, I've been abusing the hell out of this in primary by shamelessly bottom feeding targets right at the threshold, then spending my turns gaining tons of NW.

I like the 2-3 day time window for retal REGARDLESS of networth, the max networth idea would not greatly hinder what i've been doing. As much benefit as i've enjoyed, this does not feel fair.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2011, 5:53:47

Agreed.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Dec 1st 2011, 7:29:50

nice idea. do it

Detmer Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 3:52:11

Good idea in principle. Dunno details of implementation, but recent NW range needs to be a factor. 24 hours at least.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2011, 6:28:18

I should probably also clarify that I'm in support of the ability to retal regardless of NW differences. I think that fixes the issue I have with humanitarians.

bakku Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 9:14:11

humanitarians not stopping someone from being able to retal is a good idea

not a fan of penalizing people even further for growing big and grabbing well, though. how does it not feel fair? we all start with the exact same country and the same amount of turns

Chaoswind Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 15:30:43

Originally posted by bakku:

not a fan of penalizing people even further for growing big and grabbing well, though. how does it not feel fair? we all start with the exact same country and the same amount of turns

not late starts
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

jabberwocky Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 19:27:53

Because i can quad tap with impunity and not fear any retaliation. Don't get me wrong, i like the humanitarian shield to prevent random missile strikes and ABs, but a country should have some time to respond to a bunch of attacks.

bakku Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:31:52

Originally posted by Chaoswind:

not late starts

are they given a different set start date than everyone else?

bakku Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:36:34

Originally posted by jfotouhi:

Because i can quad tap with impunity and not fear any retaliation. Don't get me wrong, i like the humanitarian shield to prevent random missile strikes and ABs, but a country should have some time to respond to a bunch of attacks.

that's why I liked the idea of people being able to retal regardless of nw. I'm not a fan of limiting grabbing even more, though

Rockman Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 21:56:47

that's why I liked the idea of people being able to retal regardless of nw. I'm not a fan of limiting grabbing even more, though

What if along with this change, we moved humanitarians from 1/4th to 4x range to a 1/5th to 5x range in primary? And left humanitarians elsewhere alone, since they're fine as is.

bakku Game profile

Dec 2nd 2011, 23:48:34

Originally posted by Rockman:

What if along with this change, we moved humanitarians from 1/4th to 4x range to a 1/5th to 5x range in primary? And left humanitarians elsewhere alone, since they're fine as is.

yea I was gonna say if humanitarians was changed in primary server it'd be fine. tourney could use a change as well